Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:40:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jpucela14

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:09:14 PM

0.03 is the new 0.02!
Yes, and all the people that are patient enough can say in maybe 1-2 years that "0.1 ist the new 0.09".

I am extremely optimistic about legit anon currencies mid/long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:01:48 AM

I'm not going to trust Trex due to them shutting down US and the fact I think the market will become rational soon and it will go Gox when USDT goes boom.

I *think* you are confusing Bittrex and Bitfinex?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 02:26:33 AM

0.03 is the new 0.02!

I think similar. If you look at the chart you can see that Monero is trying to leave 0.02 btc areas behind and looking for 0.03-0.04 area without turning back again. I think the upcoming MoneroV fork will help Monero value increase and will not see below 0.03 again. Current status in coinmarketcap is under top 10, and Monero definitely needs to be in top 10 with its popularity and daily usage

monero is in the top ten.

filter non-mineable, then filter scam coins.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4905

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:47:14 AM

I'm not going to trust Trex due to them shutting down US and the fact I think the market will become rational soon and it will go Gox when USDT goes boom.

I think you are correct! Smiley

AFA Bittrex, I saw quite a few issues with withdrawals when checking them out so never rechecked. Has that been addressed or am I misremebering that as well? Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:12:39 AM

AFA Bittrex, I saw quite a few issues with withdrawals when checking them out so never rechecked. Has that been addressed or am I misremebering that as well? Cheesy
Well... its purely anecdotal but I have had exactly ZERO problems with Bittrex.  To be honest I am not sure why they don't have more volume.  Verified accounts can withdraw 100BTC at a time.

But seriously YMMV... I have done very little volume with them.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:31:26 AM

0.03 is the new 0.02!
XMR will slowly beat the shit out of DASH in valuation, XMR has no FOMO but only true development. I am just waiting for the next updates from foundation.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:47:03 AM

Well... its purely anecdotal but I have had exactly ZERO problems with Bittrex.  To be honest I am not sure why they don't have more volume.  Verified accounts can withdraw 100BTC at a time.

But seriously YMMV... I have done very little volume with them.
When I was about to sign up there, I read the user agreement.  NEVER do that lol!  Scared me away.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:02:15 AM

0.03 is the new 0.02!
XMR will slowly beat the shit out of DASH in valuation, XMR has no FOMO but only true development. I am just waiting for the next updates from foundation.

there's a Monero Foundation?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:32:44 AM
Merited by explorer (2), Bitcoinaire (2), Hueristic (1)

Ok I'm a couple of paragraphs into this MoneroV-Roadmap and I can say with certainty this is complete fud.

Unfortunately, Monero has suffered from several drawbacks.
Please continue. Lets hear about all these drawbacks.

For example, Monero's infinite coin supply
Bullshit. The tail emission is useful. It's a great feature. It means that there will always be a reward for miners and if you look at the amount that is being produced it will never create significant inflation and so never negatively impact users except to the extent which they are paying for the necessary service of securing the blockchain.

the centralization of decision making that prevents the implementation of new features
This is wrong on multiple levels. It's like an onion. It has layers of wrong. First of all the decision making is not centralized. Has anyone ever submitted a useful pull request and had it denied by some sort of monero overlord? Second if monero were centralized that would ASSIST in the smooth implementation of new features. One could argue that it wouldn't be worth the cost but it would help new features be implemented more easily. And finally, monero has no problem implementing new features. Our dev team implements new features all the time.

The scaling issue of a bloated blockchain, the high transaction fees
This problem is hard. Lets see you guys go solve it so easly. You say you are going to. Well I'll believe it when I see it. And you have to do it without breaking any of the existing core features. That means RingCT must remain intact. Better get to work.

and the growing hash rate that is mainly based on mass usage of botents and unsuspected browser based miners that prevents genuine miners to compete.
First of all, who the hell cares where hashing power comes from? Who are you to judge that a botnet isn't "a genuine miner". What they are doing may be unethical but it doesn't make their hashrate contribution not genuine. And how are you going to solve this anyway? It is a natural outgrowth of the fact that one of moneros useful and good features is that cpu's are competitive with gpu's and it is ASIC resistant.

Some critical flaws that cannot be fixed rapidly due to Monero's voluntary donation based development process has deterred Monero’s widespread adoption.
Oh yea let me tell you. It's such a problem that no one premined monero. That's just what we need. Some brave soul to fix that problem for us.

Due to these circumstances, it is better to create a hard-fork split that will indefinitely fix these problems.
Oh someone is going to fall on that sword for us! Chivalry isn't dead.

MoneroV adheres to core Austrian school of economics principles and caps the total amount of XMV coins that can be created to 256 million
Right because the Austrians dont support a gold standard or anything, and gold doesn't have, oh lets see, a tail emission. GTFO.

That's it guys. I think I'm going to lose my lunch if I go any further. This is far enough.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:46:33 AM

Ok I'm a couple of paragraphs into this MoneroV-Roadmap and I can say with certainty this is complete fud.

Bullshit. The tail emission is useful. It's a great feature. It means that there will always be a reward for miners and if you look at the amount that is being produced it will never create significant inflation and so never negatively impact users except to the extent which they are paying for the necessary service of securing the blockchain.

the centralization of decision making that prevents the implementation of new features
This is wrong on multiple levels. It's like an onion. It has layers of wrong. First of all the decision making is not centralized. Has anyone ever submitted a useful pull request and had it denied by some sort of monero overlord? Second if monero were centralized that would ASSIST in the smooth implementation of new features. One could argue that it wouldn't be worth the cost but it would help new features be implemented more easily. And finally, monero has no problem implementing new features. Our dev team implements new features all the time.

This problem is hard. Lets see you guys go solve it so easly. You say you are going to. Well I'll believe it when I see it. And you have to do it without breaking any of the existing core features. That means RingCT must remain intact. Better get to work.

and the growing hash rate that is mainly based on mass usage of botents and unsuspected browser based miners that prevents genuine miners to compete.
First of all, who the hell cares where hashing power comes from? Who are you to judge that a botnet isn't "a genuine miner". What they are doing may be unethical but it doesn't make their hashrate contribution not genuine. And how are you going to solve this anyway? It is a natural outgrowth of the fact that one of moneros useful and good features is that cpu's are competitive with gpu's and it is ASIC resistant.

Some critical flaws that cannot be fixed rapidly due to Monero's voluntary donation based development process has deterred Monero’s widespread adoption.
Oh yea let me tell you. It's such a problem that no one premined monero. That's just what we need. Some brave soul to fix that problem for us.

Due to these circumstances, it is better to create a hard-fork split that will indefinitely fix these problems.

MoneroV adheres to core Austrian school of economics principles and caps the total amount of XMV coins that can be created to 256 million
Right because the Austrians dont support a gold standard or anything, and gold doesn't have, oh lets see, a tail emission. GTFO.

That's it guys. I think I'm going to lose my lunch if I go any further. This is far enough.

So  you didn't get to the part where they are keeping 10% of the coins off the top for themselves?  ROFL 
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:00:47 AM

So  you didn't get to the part where they are keeping 10% of the coins off the top for themselves?  ROFL  

No but I did correctly assume.

You know I said the following earlier.

What is their gripe with the current leadership? What pull request were they unable to get merged?

Turns out we found their gripe. It appears the problem is that the dev team wouldn't give them 10% of the currency supply! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy No but seriously... I know that feeling. I have that same problem!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:22:47 AM

Thanks for dealing with this, I read it a day or two back and was fuming, too.

But if the information is disseminating, a proper critique is good to have on record.  

On the upside imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - so for a fork to happen does actually confer status on Monero, shit coins are not often forked, just good ones.   Yes, it's annoying, but it will not hurt Monero, just increase awareness.  It cannot be better, but it can increase the value (and price) of the coin it poorly imitates.

我想要火箭和火车
Metaljo

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:34:30 AM

good time to buy
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:35:23 AM

Fork is at least starting at the point of monero.

The lazier scams were even just monero "token" shit.

Bold claims.

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:52:50 AM

Fork is at least starting at the point of monero.

The lazier scams were even just monero "token" shit.

Bold claims.

No, it is a regressed and twisted starting point.  Extrapolating out, it should be similar to bytecoin before Monero gets bullet proofs.  If it lasts that long.
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:52:48 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (10)

Ha, this is the funniest part, calling Moneros supply infinite and then having such a high supply. When will Monero supply reach 256 million? In the year 100 million?  Cheesy

But all these forks really put Monero up there with BTC even more, now that we get our own line of scam forks.  Smiley
jpucela14

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:16:48 AM

good time to buy
Yes, better get in before we see the anon flippening becoming real. This is not an investment advise, only my personal view of things.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:55:41 PM

Ha, this is the funniest part, calling Moneros supply infinite and then having such a high supply. When will Monero supply reach 256 million? In the year 100 million?  Cheesy

But all these forks really put Monero up there with BTC even more, now that we get our own line of scam forks.  Smiley

Yes.  this is a great point.  10 Merit sent! Wink

In the year 2100 there would be 31,456,000 XMR  vs ~8 times as many  MCASH (MoneroV haha).

Even in the year 3500 there would still be less XMR than "XMV".
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:56:44 PM

good time to buy
Yes, better get in before we see the anon flippening becoming real. This is not an investment advise, only my personal view of things.
What do you mean by anon flippening?
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:05:12 PM

What is the real deal behind monero lately. It was going great for few months last year?
Pages: « 1 ... 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: