Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312340 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:05:53 PM

I trust XMR. It is not possible to live a very big uneasiness. It's the main project of the market. The price came back to the appropriate level for purchase. The exact order to turn a crisis into a fright. (It is not an investment advice.)
I agree with you, my friend. I was thinking about buying it. I read the last comment. it really shows that this year's privacy projects will be important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:08:14 PM

There is almost no doubt that Monero's price will increase. Of course not investment advice. But I believe that XMR is a strong project. I think it was a project that could be invested much earlier.

I don't think that's a likely scenario.
The MoneroV fork will break Monero's single selling point, solid privacy.
If it can no longer offer that, its value vaporizes into thin air.

You know, it's funny how you think that this is just Monero's problem.  This is going to be a problem for any cryptocurrency.  Monero is by far the most private/fungible cryptocurrency so far with the most investment in research.  They are advancing the fundamentals of their code, with proficient people in academia who can look through the code at Monero Research Lab... so lets just say that Monero is representing cryptocurrencies in general (or better yet, what they should be doing... obfuscating the transfer and store of wealth in a fungible P2P manner.

If this is something that devs and MRL can't figure out how to handle (which I don't think will be the case); then this is a sad situation for everyone who believes in the value of cryptocurrencies in general.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:29:14 PM

There is almost no doubt that Monero's price will increase. Of course not investment advice. But I believe that XMR is a strong project. I think it was a project that could be invested much earlier.

I don't think that's a likely scenario.
The MoneroV fork will break Monero's single selling point, solid privacy.
If it can no longer offer that, its value vaporizes into thin air.

Do you really believe of the millions of historic addresses they can get  enough to de secure the chain with a few airdrop users who flip over.

Unless its a totally viable coin and the majority flip over its irrelevant. If they do it maybe becomes monero. 

What will be, will be,

I'm holding where I think I need to be.

B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:39:19 PM

Thanks for your replies guys!

If you get how the zerocoin protocol works you will see how easy it is to have privacy. It's possible to keep all your coins untraceable on pivx, by keeping them on the zpiv form, however you can't stake this way.

And once they come from the zpiv accumlator, what can you say about the origin or destination of those pivx? nothing.

Wink.

And this statement just proves that they are not Fungable and can never be.

/answering shill mode off

I feel like the goal of trying to cast the widest net for suckers users has many treating privacy as a feature, rather than a function. Until their goal is fungibility and creating the largest anonymity set, they will continue to stare at Monero's design in dumb awe. They neither understand that Monero's user base demands best in class privacy or how to attain best in class privacy--to them marketing and better-than-Bitcoin's-privacy are enough.

that's exactly my question, why is monero better than pivx from a privacy point of view?

And yes I think it's a very relevant topic for the monero speculation thread. If pivx tech is better...

Read the bolded as it applies to optional privacy--I said this before and can only repeat it so many times--if you don't understand, that's not my problem. Also, if you want technological analysis, I suggest you ask in the monero ann thread or on reddit or on irc--this is a Monero speculation thread, not a development thread. It's obvious that you are using it to shill pivx. It's off topic, annoying and obvious. Please ask technical questions on a technical thread.

Look I'll even link you a great place to find out all the reasons pivx is inferior: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero

I am not shilling anything, it's not my fault if with pivx I can anonymized 5000 pivx in one go for 0.01 fee. I am asking myself how can monero be competitive when I can transfer pivx most of the time for free and faster... It just that as if I believe pivx is better sooner or later the value will move from monero to pivx.

I guess all are clinging to the vega induced hashrate increase... but if all cryptonight coins are as expansive (like etn) there is no chance for them to be able to compete with pivx.

The sooner monero (cryptonight) holders get it, the faster the prices may move...

It's about speculation right?

LUL

PivX has a rich list for fuck sake.

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/richlist.php

My greatest fear is that the market and genpop never wake up to the intellectual reality that most coins are fucking nonsense.

Where Verge and PivX fans will vehemently argue they have greater privacy whilst simultaneously being a click away from a fucking list of the COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION of their coin, with ALL BALANCES on show.

fuck. me.

It's the staker list... the bigger the stake the faster the rewards from pos. but if those stake were anonymized before being deployed you can't know where they came from.

This complete distrubution is what makes the chain integrity verification possible. At all time you can know how many coins are in existence while not knowing their origins or destination when zpived.

Cheesy.

that's exactly my question, why is monero better than pivx from a privacy point of view?
And yes I think it's a very relevant topic for the monero speculation thread. If pivx tech is better...

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php#dash-pivx

Additionally, add-on or optional privacy can never be as private as protocol-level mandatory privacy (Monero).

Others have already pointed out the PIVX rich list.

unless the cost of privacy makes the all things unusable for new comers... that was my all point all along. Monero fees are too expansive.

Don't forget than pivx zerocoin protocol makes a pool of all pivx converted to zpiv... more and more are using it.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4867

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:19:13 PM

They claim that their coins were stolen. The same way I could claim they are lying about this to FUD monero. They can't prove I am wrong and I can't prove they are wrong.

I haven't heard from any credible member who got his coins stolen from mymonero. Most often rather new accounts are claiming their monero got stolen.
What if a few trusted members of the community went fishing? We could all put small amounts of monero on the web wallet and see if we could get anyone reliable to confirm the thefts. Any other legendaries who are long time veterans of this thread interested?

MyMonero is for profit unless they pay let them do their own job just like they let Jaxx. I'm not sure why so many people protect that site as if it is the project itself. I know of a few attack vectors that are likely being used (and are not on the client side) and I'm pretty sure I know exactly whats going on atm but meh I could care. I don't like the way it's been handled over the years and don't recommend using it.

I can't remember what it was you warned about. Are you talking about the theory that cloudfare could be responsible for the thefts? Seems like there was a short discussion about this possibility at reddit a couple of weeks ago -
 https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7tc3za/a_theory_regarding_the_randomly_reported_thefts/

No, I doubt that very much.

I went through past posts about the thefts and you are indeed right, there were some credible members who got a lot of money stolen from their mymonero wallet.

Maybe closing down mymonero wouldn't be a bad idea at this point in time? If I remember correctly, Fluffy already suggested to do this in the past, but some people were against it. But now we have more options for storage and with the impending release of the "official" android/iOs/hardware wallets, mymonero wont be needed anymore (IMO).

I have no desire to repeat myself. I have pointed things in the past that never receive acknowledgement and I am tired and frustrated at the way this community has moved. I see practically no community support here accept for the old guard that still hangs around and on reddit I see posts supported by Devs that claim the coin community started there and this place doesn't exist. There is a rewriting of the past going on and it is not being corrected over there. I see publications that are inaccurate that I contact for corrections that the Dev fund is paying and they refuse to even respond to me. So yeah I've I've said for a while now Fuck Reddit. Everyone here I care about knows not to trust that site and that is all I care about.

Let all Webwallets die. BTW talk of the Webwallet Hacks should be in the main thread.

BTC should see strong resistance at 10kUSD, which seems like a good time for XMRBTC to rise, since XMRUSD has no correlated psychological line.

Playing out this way...

So far, but .03 xmrbtc has been a strong resistance level, with only short, false breakouts.  Once again, into the fray!  With BTC 10k, that means xmr 300 is an emerging psychological line.  Pop that and we should rise steadily to 400 again.

True Dat

I'm so pissed at Binance that I couldn't get some back when I was waiting for that entry spot for over a month.

Monero is dead as we know it. Game theory suggests that when free money is available to users as a result of airdrops, it would be illogical for them not to claim it. Due to the losses in ring signature privacy as a result of this, who in their right might would be willing to conduct sensitive transactions with such an inherently flawed cryptocurrency?
Let the bulls out. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:00:42 PM
Merited by Anon136 (1)

I trust XMR. It is not possible to live a very big uneasiness. It's the main project of the market. The price came back to the appropriate level for purchase. The exact order to turn a crisis into a fright. (It is not an investment advice.)

Can you fuck off now? Or  maybe write your own posts, and use English please.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.36860
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:27:52 PM

Can you fuck off now? Or  maybe write your own posts, and use English please.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.36860

Cheesy Hahahaha. Oman that's great. What a lazy bot programmer. Cant even come up with unique garbage. It has to steal garbage from someone who wrote a garbage producing algorithm. It's meta stupid.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
cabbarlana

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 10:14:27 PM

Monero-Zec-Dash I believe these three projects will reach much better prices in the future. These projects existed when I met this market. I see it as old and solid.

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:18:34 PM
Merited by TheFuzzStone (1)

Monero-Zec-Dash I believe these three projects will reach much better prices in the future. These projects existed when I met this market. I see it as old and solid.

Perhaps you need to dig...  Deeper...
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:46:16 PM

I see three possible reasons (or non-reasons) for the recent Monero performance:

• 1. The recent rise in Monero is unrelated to MoneroV
  • 2. Monero traders overestimate the number of people who will claim their MoneroV, and/or overestimate MoneroV's value
  • 3. Monero traders are correctly estimating that a relatively large number of users will want to claim or buy MoneroV

It seems to me that the MoneroV launch will be a nonevent. They're less than a month from launch, have gained very little traction, and have provoked the ire of the Monero community. Judging by their reddit, twitter, and bitcointalk announcement thread, they have no community. Most people in the greater cryptocurrency community have never even heard of MoneroV.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:40:30 PM
Merited by johnalan (2)

I see three possible reasons (or non-reasons) for the recent Monero performance:

• 2. Monero traders overestimate the number of people who will claim their MoneroV, and/or overestimate MoneroV's value
  • 3. Monero traders are correctly estimating that a relatively large number of users will want to claim or buy MoneroV

It seems to me that the MoneroV launch will be a nonevent. They're less than a month from launch, have gained very little traction, and have provoked the ire of the Monero community. Judging by their reddit, twitter, and bitcointalk announcement thread, they have no community. Most people in the greater cryptocurrency community have never even heard of MoneroV.

Well anyone who looks at it can see that it is nothing but a cash grab.  I mean, devolving the tech, and cutting a premine larger than the entire issuance of XMR  LOL  What more can you really say about it?  Bitcoin Super Extra Diamond Coin!  Get yours now!
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:43:56 AM

So far altho Monero gained in USD and tiny a bit in BTC, it di dnto do anything different then other top50 coins. Nothing totally similar just like last 2 years.  It is possible this fork brings some more attention to Monero. Or not. I believe not till few day ago, now see that some believe it could.    But what is happening so far is nothing. Altho ofcourse last raises are nice. But that's just from positivity in general cryptosphere.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:08:08 AM

Dash has airplane ad,  Zcash has Snowden's support, while monero has moneroV  Smiley

am i correct Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:44:14 AM

Dash has airplane ad,  Zcash has Snowden's support, while monero has moneroV  Smiley

am i correct Huh
Monero has truth. Some might argue that that isn't worth anything. They might be right. Maybe I just need to get with the times. I hope not.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:31:19 AM

Perhaps you need to dig...  Deeper...
Dash has airplane ad,  Zcash has Snowden's support, while monero has moneroV  Smiley

am i correct Huh
Monero has truth. Some might argue that that isn't worth anything. They might be right. Maybe I just need to get with the times. I hope not.
Truth and privacy.  But we've fed the troll enough for now.  Back to sleep he goes  Wink
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:53:32 AM
Merited by explorer (1)

am i correct Huh

we could easily fund any type of ad, we could bribe Snowden or Assange but why should we with a product that speaks for itself?

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4867

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:36:17 AM

am i correct Huh

Actually, we have Kim Jong-un's stamp of approval. who could ask for more? Smiley

http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-secretly-funnels-monero-cryptocurrency-country-through-university-774083

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:34:21 PM

am i correct Huh

Actually, we have Kim Jong-un's stamp of approval. who could ask for more? Smiley

http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-secretly-funnels-monero-cryptocurrency-country-through-university-774083

We need to initiate that his sister Kim Yo-jong start talk about Monero. She is more popular now since her attendance of the opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:15:54 PM

am i correct Huh

oh... and MEA, never forget Monero has MEA.  it has alooot of truth...

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:28:15 PM

do your own investigations all the time because the future money has a very sensitive market on these issues

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Pages: « 1 ... 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: