Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 [1695] 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312390 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptocurry

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:38:17 AM

With the latest flee of capitals for the bitcoin fork and the anoncoin attention having been temporarily redirected to zencoin thanks to palms beach recommendations, XMR lost traction and now seems to be time to a good buying range for XMR (at the moment 86$).

I agree. XMR has privacy advantages and more long term potential. Hopefully investors see the light.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:32:32 AM

And why did you answer the question I asked aminorex?

I do that all the time. Is it taboo? Huh Lips sealed

I don't think so, we are a community of friends who all help out. Nothing wrong with that.

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:43:32 AM

I don't think so, we are a community of friends who all help out. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks guys, I was indeed just answering in an effort to help.  I hope we will all continue to do so - many people on here have helped me out before and I really appreciated it.

What goes around...

我想要火箭和火车
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:56:23 AM

Quite nice token, monero is like bitcoin

I wouldn't say that... It has some basic similarities but overall they are very different thing.
Interesting reading: https://www.monero.how/why-monero-vs-bitcoin

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:22:26 PM

With the latest flee of capitals for the bitcoin fork and the anoncoin attention having been temporarily redirected to zencoin thanks to palms beach recommendations, XMR lost traction and now seems to be time to a good buying range for XMR (at the moment 86$).

Lol.  A couple years ago a good buying range was around two bucks.  I'm not saying it's over priced or anything.  It's just funny how far Monero has gone since those days of the altcoin sub being bombarded by FUD over and over.  And it has proven that it's one of the best, if not the best altcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:05:00 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 03:17:35 PM by generalizethis

Coffee chat is happening now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoY60a_qhPg

Just mentioned: http://www.xmrujo.com/

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:43:08 PM

I second this.

I’ve been filling my bag at 85ish dollars and I’m expecting the price to rise a fair amount in the next pump (even if it goes down a bit, it should go up a lot more after).

Fingers crossed.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:43:33 PM

Coffee chat is happening now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoY60a_qhPg

Just mentioned: http://www.xmrujo.com/

Thanks for the link. Followed now in you tube.

B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:25:31 PM

If you get how the zerocoin protocol works you will see how easy it is to have privacy. It's possible to keep all your coins untraceable on pivx, by keeping them on the zpiv form, however you can't stake this way.

And once they come from the zpiv accumlator, what can you say about the origin or destination of those pivx? nothing.

Wink.

And this statement just proves that they are not Fungable and can never be.

/answering shill mode off

I feel like the goal of trying to cast the widest net for suckers users has many treating privacy as a feature, rather than a function. Until their goal is fungibility and creating the largest anonymity set, they will continue to stare at Monero's design in dumb awe. They neither understand that Monero's user base demands best in class privacy or how to attain best in class privacy--to them marketing and better-than-Bitcoin's-privacy are enough.

that's exactly my question, why is monero better than pivx from a privacy point of view?

And yes I think it's a very relevant topic for the monero speculation thread. If pivx tech is better...

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:00:37 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 11:46:40 PM by generalizethis

If you get how the zerocoin protocol works you will see how easy it is to have privacy. It's possible to keep all your coins untraceable on pivx, by keeping them on the zpiv form, however you can't stake this way.

And once they come from the zpiv accumlator, what can you say about the origin or destination of those pivx? nothing.

Wink.

I feel like the goal of trying to cast the widest net for suckers users has many treating privacy as a feature, rather than a function. Until their goal is fungibility and creating the largest anonymity set, they will continue to stare at Monero's design in dumb awe. They neither understand that Monero's user base demands best in class privacy or how to attain best in class privacy--to them marketing and better-than-Bitcoin's-privacy are enough.

that's exactly my question, why is monero better than pivx from a privacy point of view?

And yes I think it's a very relevant topic for the monero speculation thread. If pivx tech is better...

Read the bolded as it applies to optional privacy--I said this before and can only repeat it so many times--if you don't understand, that's not my problem. Also, if you want technological analysis, I suggest you ask in the monero ann thread or on reddit or on irc--this is a Monero speculation thread, not a development thread. It's obvious that you are using it to shill pivx. It's off topic, annoying and obvious. Please ask technical questions on a technical thread.

Look I'll even link you a great place to find out all the reasons pivx is inferior: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero

johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:01:39 PM

Regarding s2x futures: On bfx it is BT2; on hitbtc it is B2X. The latter is less liquid, yet only there did it double overnight. They differ a lot, and really should be arbed.  But I had my fun on the double, and won't press my luck.

Back to XMR: I am not yet convinced we have seen the bottom, because it is a long way to go before msig can have a fundamental impact.  But hey, I am not in touch with the myriad of emerging catalysts, so I will be neither surprised nor displeased if my hedging proves unwarranted.  My guess is up then down and maybe back and forth before it really rips - a prediction so weak as to be embarrassing, yet eminently practical, and fully actionable.

My G,

Have you adjusted your expectation of ~$1000USD XMR in 2018?
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:07:03 PM

Wink.

LUL

PivX has a rich list for fuck sake.

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/richlist.php

My greatest fear is that the market and genpop never wake up to the intellectual reality that most coins are fucking nonsense.

Where Verge and PivX fans will vehemently argue they have greater privacy whilst simultaneously being a click away from a fucking list of the COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION of their coin, with ALL BALANCES on show.

fuck. me.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:53:20 AM

I can understand BTC envy due to the ongoing ramp, but lately my most massive gains have been on B2X, which doubled between midnight and 6AM this morning, and BCH, which is less exhuberant but more liquid.  

And yes, Johnny Mnemonic is quite right that one should, as a rule, rebalance away from the leading asset, into the lagging one, ceteris paribus.
What futures market are you using?

Bitfinex is probably the premier and most liquid.
Bitfinex closed my account, because I'm in the U.S.  I thought aminorex was in the U.S., too.  Maybe he found another futures market.  What others are there besides Bitfinex?  And why did you answer the question I asked aminorex?

There are things called proxy's.

Quite nice token, monero is like bitcoin

Yes the bitcoin token is godd iz will get sum.

Thanks guys, I was indeed just answering in an effort to help.  I hope we will all continue to do so - many people on here have helped me out before and I really appreciated it.

What goes around...

I thought whoever sees a question first and has an answer does so? I've been doing it wrong! Cheesy

Wink.

LUL

PivX has a rich list for fuck sake.

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/richlist.php

My greatest fear is that the market and genpop never wake up to the intellectual reality that most coins are fucking nonsense.

Where Verge and PivX fans will vehemently argue they have greater privacy whilst simultaneously being a click away from a fucking list of the COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION of their coin, with ALL BALANCES on show.

fuck. me.

HaHa that alone makes it a non starter! Lol

They will be standing their with everything hanging out for the world to see just like ShadowCrap was.

Monero richlist.

https://moneroblocks.info/richlist

I miss the old one. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:56:28 AM

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php#dash-pivx

Additionally, add-on or optional privacy can never be as private as protocol-level mandatory privacy (Monero).

Others have already pointed out the PIVX rich list.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:17:09 AM

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php#dash-pivx

Additionally, add-on or optional privacy can never be as private as protocol-level mandatory privacy (Monero).

Is there a place where they compare more coins to monero? Or more info between coins? I love that.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:31:36 AM

Is there a place where they compare more coins to monero? Or more info between coins? I love that.

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

http://weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4bu212/zcash_enables_the_highest_level_of_privacy/d1ceq3f/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.msg23238575#msg23238575

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

EMS-007

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:06:14 PM

Monero one of my favorites altcoins currencies. When ETC is falling, Bitcoin is unstable it is right thing to invest in not classic but proven currencies. From time to time I am getting not bad profits of it.
I'm expecting a great momentum with this coin on the 1st quarter of the incoming year.. Wink
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:32:30 PM

Bulletproofs: Efficient Range Proofs for Confidential Transactions

http://web.stanford.edu/~buenz/pubs/bulletproofs.pdf

Bulletproofs could at least halve the size of Monero transaction.

I know this is just a research and even if is by any chance 100% correct will not be added to Monero for at least a year. But what is important is that it exist, and I am sure there will be tens or hundred similar in the future. And each of them will reduce transaction size and with that reduce Monero blockchain growth. Monero blockchain growth is one of biggest worries people have when think what would today happen if Monero would have same amount of transactions as Bitcoin does.
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:06:05 PM

I know this is just a research and even if is by any chance 100% correct will not be added to Monero for at least a year. But what is important is that it exist, and I am sure there will be tens or hundred similar in the future. And each of them will reduce transaction size and with that reduce Monero blockchain growth. Monero blockchain growth is one of biggest worries people have when think what would today happen if Monero would have same amount of transactions as Bitcoin does.

If only they compared like for like.

If you had a secure bitcoin version the transactions would need to be bigger too.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:27:11 PM

If only they compared like for like.

If you had a secure bitcoin version the transactions would need to be bigger too.

Reality is that we have many years to go to reach Bitcoin number for transactions. It will not happen next month.  Bitcoin have like 60-70 times more transactions then Monero. And Number of Monero transactions increase for only few times a year. In that pace we have 4 years. So many innovations like Bulletproofs will happen till then.   What is important is that they do happen!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 [1695] 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: