Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582883 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:48:00 PM

Any new development updates? Do you get the first 250BTC fund? If you get, plz set more buy orders. Cry The price looks so bad

If you get some funds, you can hire more PR, hope syscoin will have a huge gain like Blackcoin in April.

Why do you encourage hype making PR instead of development?

No, I don't encourage hype making PR instead of development, I think they are both important Cheesy More fans mean more buy orders, like dogecoin, it is still top 10 but in the previous months, dogecoin were often forked. It means bad development and technology. It can't prevent doge rocketing.

Good points and of course PR is important.

Biggest problem - total lack of PR.
Trust me, few infographics with clear statement what is planned on which date would be more beneficial to this coin than all the coding. This coin seems to be run by programmers and not by marketers. That's why it is so unsuccesfull - good features but no clue on how to market them.

I think it would be best to market this coin to people who might use it to build on top of the services or set up as a merchant, rather than to speculators, so waiting until all the templates and stuff are done to show how it can be used before doing any marketing is probably a good idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vicvelcro

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:52:46 PM

I completely agree with you. However, it might not be a bad idea for them to begin preparations for that marketing in advance. That way, as soon as they have everything ready and in place, the marketing can be implemented - instead of getting the work done first and then starting to prepare the marketing.

I think it would be best to market this coin to people who might use it to build on top of the services or set up as a merchant, rather than to speculators, so waiting until all the templates and stuff are done to show how it can be used before doing any marketing is probably a good idea.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:03:18 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 01:47:41 PM by josephliton

you got the point, and you know why? 1500BTC worth of disappointed investors.....don't get me wrong i bought IPO also bought at 600 and buying everyday, so i support sys besause i have to, for me there is no exit and many people are trapped and disappointed right now

edit. my wish is devs using IPO btc to hire well known dev like jl777, that would be AWESOME

jl777 or James is one of the best DEV in crypto currency,it will be really good if you could hire him.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:21:35 PM

Okay at this stage we are going to start moderating your posts.
You clearly have not got a clue about what Syscoin is all about and what features ARE WORKING and ACTIVE.
Stop posting in this thread as all you are spreading is FUD..
g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 01:29:18 PM

So another 3 posts deleted, no FUD but serious qestions. Where did You actually proved that promised SYS features works? You pissed me off badly so I WILL post this qestion with counter of deleted post everytime I get notice from BCT. I am no NB FUDer, but sr member with 1Y+ and 500+ posts history.

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:31:10 PM

Where do we claim the items that came with the ICO?
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 01:32:57 PM

So another 3 posts deleted, no FUD but serious qestions. Where did You actually proved that promised SYS features works? You pissed me off badly so I WILL post this qestion with counter of deleted post everytime I get notice from BCT. I am no NB FUDer, but sr member with 1Y+ and 500+ posts history.

If you want proof of the features why don't you just download the wallet? What proof do you want other than the fact that you can actually use them if you want to?
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:37:41 PM

Here is the thing, this is a moderated thread.. I could not care less if you have 500+ posts or are on BCT for one year.. When you can not be bothered to actually have a real look at Syscoin and the features that is already implemented and working  and are then going "bla bla bla" etc, then I don't consider anything you say constructive. And yes, some BCT rules do apply to moderated threads. If you have constructive and valid questions then sure we can talk.. If not just go away.
g0re79

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 01:40:39 PM

If you want proof of the features why don't you just download the wallet? What proof do you want other than the fact that you can actually use them if you want to?
I did, there are no special features promised during IPO, just plain copy paste qtwallet. And if that features are hidden and accesible only via shell, its something against IPO promises.

Here is the thing, this is a moderated thread.. I could not care less if you have 500+ posts or are on BCT for one year.. When you can not be bothered to actually have a real look at Syscoin and the features that is already implemented and working  and are then going "bla bla bla" etc, then I don't consider anything you say constructive. And yes, some BCT rules do apply to moderated threads. If you have constructive and valid questions then sure we can talk.. If not just go away.

Where actually are these "features"? Anyting You can´t do with any other copy paste crapcoin? I have to miss something..

[/url]
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:41:58 PM

I did, there are no special features promised during IPO, just plain copy paste qtwallet. And if that features are hidden and accesible only via shell, its something against IPO promises.

Here is the thing, this is a moderated thread.. I could not care less if you have 500+ posts or are on BCT for one year.. When you can not be bothered to actually have a real look at Syscoin and the features that is already implemented and working  and are then going "bla bla bla" etc, then I don't consider anything you say constructive. And yes, some BCT rules do apply to moderated threads. If you have constructive and valid questions then sure we can talk.. If not just go away.

Where actually are theese "features"? Anyting You can´t do with any other copy paste crapcoin? I have to miss something..

Yep
g0re79

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 01:43:49 PM

Where actually are theese "features"? Anyting You can´t do with any other copy paste crapcoin? I have to miss something..

Yep

So?

[/url]
newguy12

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:06:13 PM

Hello I am unable to install the new wallet (1.4) on mac OSX 10.9.4

Error: SysCoin-Qt cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure SysCoin-Qt works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

Anyone able to give a hand?

Thanks.

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

Here is the thing, this is a moderated thread.. I could not care less if you have 500+ posts or are on BCT for one year.. When you can not be bothered to actually have a real look at Syscoin and the features that is already implemented and working  and are then going "bla bla bla" etc, then I don't consider anything you say constructive. And yes, some BCT rules do apply to moderated threads. If you have constructive and valid questions then sure we can talk.. If not just go away.

Yep

So?

There added some nice graphics for you to the OP. And yes, they all work. And yes, I am going to keep deleting your posts. 
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 02:45:43 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 02:58:09 PM by danosphere

Yep

So?

1. Read the code. 40% of it is entirely new for the new services. Explain how this is in any way a clone. Also please explain how you missed this in your ranting?
2. Read all the other posts where people are talking about actively using the features you claim don't exist.
3. In QT Wallet->Help->Debug Window->Console. Type "help". Note commands. Go to Litecoin or any other clone of it. Type "help" note lack of Syscoin service commands- no aliases, no data, no offers, no certs. The Syscoin features are all there in Syscoin.

This is not a clone, I have no idea where you're getting your very inaccurate/false information.

Check with the developer to make sure SysCoin-Qt works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

Thanks.

Definitely- you are trying to run 0.1.4c? Can you please PM me for further help? I'm running 0.1.4c on 10.9.4 without issue but maybe something with your local environment is different. PM and I'll help ya get this figured out.

Noticed several questions on roadmap in the coming weeks and the situation with Moolah. To be clear we do not have the 1500btc from the presale nor any SYS purchased with it as buy support (250btc worth at presale prices). We were given a portion of the fund to allow SYS operations to continue while we wait for Moolah to get back to us- at this stage we are looking for a response from them by the end of the week and are looking to issue a joint public statement at that point now that all promised features and services are fully delivered and functional.

We will have more detailed information regarding the roadmap over the next weeks/months later tonight. We have a team call regarding this tonight, we've posted it previously in the old thread, and we will update it and repost it here/OP once we speak as a team later tonight as a few small things have shifted since the last time we posted the roadmap plans.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 02:49:09 PM

Dev, ARE u hiring someone. Marketing and Code Dev ? Pleas use community.., what are u doing to make situation better for HOlder and Belieever in u!

ty !  Smiley

We are hiring professionals to do spotlight marketing and development initiatives around Syscoin services and development examples on top of the Syscoin APIs. The marketplace will be our first big marketing push in that regard. We have already communicated this, and we will communicate it again in more concrete fashion later tonight in the aforementioned roadmap update post.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
TheMilkman

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:02:43 PM

Yep

So?

1. Read the code. 40% of it is entirely new for the new services. Explain how this is in any way a clone. Also please explain how you missed this in your ranting?
2. Read all the other posts where people are talking about actively using the features you claim don't exist.
3. In QT Wallet->Help->Debug Window->Console. Type "help". Note commands. Go to Litecoin or any other clone of it. Type "help" note lack of Syscoin service commands- no aliases, no data, no offers, no certs. The Syscoin features are all there in Syscoin.

This is not a clone, I have no idea where you're getting your very inaccurate/false information.

Thanks.

Definitely- you are trying to run 0.1.4c? Can you please PM me for further help? I'm running 0.1.4c on 10.9.4 without issue but maybe something with your local environment is different. PM and I'll help ya get this figured out.

Noticed several questions on roadmap in the coming weeks and the situation with Moolah. To be clear we do not have the 1500btc from the presale nor any SYS purchased with it as buy support (250btc worth at presale prices). We were given a portion of the fund to allow SYS operations to continue while we wait for Moolah to get back to us- at this stage we are looking for a response from them by the end of the week and are looking to issue a joint public statement at that point now that all promised features and services are fully delivered and functional.

We will have more detailed information regarding the roadmap over the next weeks/months later tonight. We have a team call regarding this tonight, we've posted it previously in the old thread, and we will update it and repost it here/OP once we speak as a team later tonight as a few small things have shifted since the last time we posted the roadmap plans.

THIS is what you should concentrate on now!
We don't need new features, we need more professional PR because currently it is handled horribly and is a bottleneck of this coin.
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:24:01 PM

He's deliberately exaggerating, scaring people to drive the price down on a certain exchange so he can buy more for cheaper. And it is working. Just moderate him out entirely. Please. For every FUD that gets out in the wild, regard for the coin gets permanently lower.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:28:45 PM

Well I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed no one, especially one of the devs here, took any time to look at an innovative solution to the current imbalance of merge mining that I attempted to share with this community.

I've studied these markets as well as their participants enough to notice obvious cognitive biases, and that's exactly what I'm witnessing in this thread. We have a number of users here claiming merge mining won't bring the price down. Well, where's the evidence of that? Every coin that has implemented auxPoW suffers from the same dilemma of having greater network hashrate at the cost of downward sell pressure.

Now whether this is a result of people mining Sys as a byproduct, spending no extra energy or effort on their part, then cashing in on that "free lunch" or if it's actually a matter of perception, is debatable. In the end it doesn't really matter why since the simple fact remains that history has shown that auxPoW coins constantly get dumped on the market, and it's lacking foresight on behalf of the developers to ignore this fact.

Moreover, the notion that auxPoW is about securing the network for future usage and spreading the hash around is misguided. auxPoW in itself doesn't ensure decentralization. In fact, if only a small number of large pools are merge mining an auxPoW coin it still leaves the network open to attack vectors such as selfish mining or even 51% attacks.

Personally, as I've already mentioned, I am impressed with Syscoin's functionality. Nevertheless, I feel the manner in which the blockchain is presently being secured leaves a lot to be desired. Multi vPoW addresses all of the issues that comes with an auxPoW blockchain. It actually provides a framework to create a productive balance with merge mining as well as creating a more decentralized and robust network while securing the network for future usage so that the coin can survive longterm.

While I am impressed with many aspects of what Syscoin is aiming to accomplish, I won't be conducting any business on this blockchain with how it is presently being secured.

I implore you to take 5 minutes and actually read this write up, then tell me multi vPoW doesn't make perfect sense for Syscoin.

Merged-mining’s Current Imbalance

With “mono-proof-of-work” (mono-PoW) coins like Litecoin and Dogecoin that utilize one algorithm (Scrypt) to solve blocks, there is no obvious way to balance blockchain security (i.e. Litecoin’s larger network hashrate) with the inevitable selling pressure that is to follow (i.e. Litecoin miners dumping their “free” dogecoins for BTC/LTC). Even the perceived imbalance is enough to damage the child coin’s value; if Litecoin miners do not sell their dogecoins at the rate that the market anticipates, the market will still react as if the dumping is occurring at that higher rate. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy where one coin is placed a metaphorical pedestal above the other. Luckily, with the emergence of Myriadcoin’s “multi-proof-of-work” system (multi-PoW), a healthy partnership can be constructed between the two coins.

Multi-vPoW: A Symbiotic Solution

Here, I will propose a solution to the imbalance (and the subsequent low popularity) of merged-mining: multi-varying proof-of-work block rewards (multi-vPoW). [Note: There may be a better way to name this.]
Myriadcoin’s upcoming PolyMYR project, a merge-mining and auto-exchanging pool, will double as a cryptocurrency laboratory where the multi-vPoW solution can be rigorously researched and tested. To understand the solution best it requires a brief recap of how a multi-PoW system like Myriadcoin works. Myriadcoin has 5 algorithms (SHA256d, Scrypt, Skein, Qubit, and Myriad-Groestl) that can independently solve blocks. They have independent difficulties that are adjusted using the same formula. Any algorithm can solve the next block even if it is the same algorithm. Each algorithm targets the same block time and the block rewards are the same no matter which algorithm solves the block.

The multi-vPoW solution involves adjusting block rewards based on which algorithm finds the block. With Myriad as a parent multi-PoW, the child coin can become a multi-PoW (if it isn’t already) that selects a few algorithms that are merged-mined by parent Myriad algorithms and an algorithm(s) that is not merge-mined (creating a degree of overlap). The merge-mined algorithms would be programmed to have lower block rewards than the non merge-mined algorithm(s). This immediately creates many variables (number of merge-mine algorithms, number of non-merge-mine algorithms, block rewards, etc.) that can be tinkered with to create a proper balance of give and take.

For example, a developer wants to start a new X11 coin but is worried that a competitive and saturated altcoin mining arena may leave the coin prone to 51% attacks for lengthy periods of time early on. The developer wants guaranteed network security from the moment it launches so they decide to launch it as a multi-PoW with 5 algorithms: SHA256d, Scrypt, Skein, Myriad-Groestl, and X11. Merge-mining is enabled on the 4 algorithms it shares in common with Myriad (SHA256d, Scrypt, Skein, and Myriad-Groestl) while the X11 algorithm is devoid of the auxPoW merge-mining code. The 4 merge-mine algorithms could then be designed with block rewards of say, 25, while the block reward for X11 is 200. This would create a 25-to-200 ratio for the block rewards. Or maybe the ratio would be set to 40/200 or 10/200. Whatever the ratio may be, the bottom line is that Myriadcoin miners are paid for their contributions to the network security of the new coin in a manner that is not detrimental to the long-term value of the coin. So long as there is a fairly-balanced block reward design, Myriad miners should not have reason to complain about lesser block rewards because the child coins are ultimately “free lunch”. At the same time, the developer should not deprive merge-mined algorithms of block rewards altogether or else the merge-mining symbiosis becomes parasitic against the parent coin and the child coin would be dealt with naturally by the free market. It’s a matter of mutual respect that eliminates any real or perceived damage to either coin in the merge-mining partnership.

Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 7104

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:34:44 PM

@neurorit Interesting, nice post. Thing to think about...

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:36:51 PM

Interesting, nice post. Thing to think about...

Implementing multi-vPoW could be as simple as keeping the scrypt merge mined but lowering the block rewards for that algorithm, then adding one or two more obscure algorithms, such as neoscrypt or x11 it doesn't really matter what type of PoW, and having those algorithms have normal block rewards.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: