Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:33:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EndOfBubble

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:53:14 PM

Question: What are the devs planning to do to make Sys price grow?
consider to buy  some sys but not sure yet  Huh
answering this question would help to make a decision ...
I am just guessing that it makes sense to fix all major issues (like now, with the v1.4 release) then verify
that everything is stable & works, write down the details of the roadmap so it is easy to communicate
and *then* start to make a lot of PR.
Doing the PR while busy fixing things does not make sense - when new people come and see that it does not work yet, they will run and not come back, you have only one chance for a good first impression. So, the timing of the Chinese exchange is almost perfect.
Hope that Sys will show itself stable and without major bugs, so following releases can focus on adding back in the features in the roadmap.
That is why I am HODLing my sys, would consider buying if I had unallocated BTC.
I think the Devs were right in focus on full-out dev work until 1.4 release, now they can spread attention to other things.
Cheers for the devs!

Forgive my newbness... What is buy support?

helpful answer thanks!
is there a rough eta for v1.4?

It's out since last night (Euro time here)

Syscoin is gonna be huge. PErfect chance to step in now, while it is cheap.
Just wait untill they fix stability completely and start adding features one by one. Or when buy support will be released Wink

Together with Monero, these coins have my support.

Forgive my newbness... What is buy support?

It is when you put buy orders way below the current price to make people more confident in coin and make them place buy orders on top of that. Then you slowly move upwards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnDorien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:56:12 PM

How exactly is all the business supposed to be handled on the blockchain? It would be cool if there were some examples by the team _how_ they imagined an example workflow.

Why I'm about this? I am working on a dividend function with the sysmarket base. Upon finished, it shall enable you to conduct IPO's via offers and payout a dividend according to number of shares a buyer has. You enter the offer GUID, the total dividend amount, and it will return a sendmany string.
It's close to be finished - so far, so good.

This is a rather simple but still complicated structure, and I think some examples could help other coders here starting off building the services as they have an example on how all the different possibilities the chain serves can get into each other to a working product.

For example: how shall a (de-)centralized marketplace be offering its pictures of goods. Honestly, I did not have the final solution but rather the idea to somehow "link" a data package in a block to a product, so it can be read and worked with in the market back-/ frontend.

I said before, I will publish all my code open source once its fully working, so everyone can build on it.

But also I think we need more ideas on what and how it can be done with the utilization of the blockchain and have more discussion on this instead of the "omg the price" - second will come with the services Wink
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:08:57 PM

Guys please vote to https://hitbtc.com/vote   I gave the 1st vote. Smiley

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:21:12 PM

How exactly is all the business supposed to be handled on the blockchain? It would be cool if there were some examples by the team _how_ they imagined an example workflow.

Why I'm about this? I am working on a dividend function with the sysmarket base. Upon finished, it shall enable you to conduct IPO's via offers and payout a dividend according to number of shares a buyer has. You enter the offer GUID, the total dividend amount, and it will return a sendmany string.

This is a rather simple but still complicated structure, and I think some examples could help other coders here starting off building the services as they have an example on how all the different possibilities the chain serves can get into each other to a working product.

For example: how shall a (de-)centralized marketplace be offering its pictures of goods. Honestly, I did not have the final solution but rather the idea to somehow "link" a data package in a block to a product, so it can be read and worked with in the market back-/ frontend.

I said before, I will publish all my code open source once its fully working, so everyone can build on it.

But also I think we need more ideas on what and how it can be done with the utilization of the blockchain and have more discussion on this instead of the "omg the price" - second will come with the services Wink

Some really good points here JohnDorien, and great idea.
The pictures/images part have actually come up in our discussions and it is something we plan to explore further (This could include extra data structures via the commands).
Dan's initial solution was to include more details in the offerdescription, formatted using JSON.

( Just in case nobody has a clue what we are talking about, here is the syscoin blockchain commands. https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/blob/master/COMMANDS.md)

We fully plan to start working on code examples and libraries as soon as we are over this initial phase.
emailtooaj

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:33:18 PM

Great questions JohnDorien.

I would think the best and possibly easiest way is to make a "SysCrytpoBucket" photo Hub. Merchants can link their product photo to the block chain like you already stated.
Of course there's cost for the pic hosting, as it'd be located on a "central" server. You can charge the Merchants a small SYS fee (Like Ebay does) for each photo, or some package i.e. "Buy 4 photos" at discount.
Also would need the hosting service to accept SYS as payment.
I would also suggest that the hosting service be SYS dedicated (owned) and maybe have a percentage of the paid Merchant fees go back to SYS holders as a dividend. 10%, 20%?
IMO this would help create more long term SYS users and help the SYS ecosystem for the long haul.
Obviously details would need worked out, but I hope I'm putting forth a valid idea?!

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

thanks for your answers and sugestions.

i like the innovative business on the blockchain idea (even if i don't fully understand how it will work yet Tongue) and the partnership with moolah.
and last but not least i see active devs and a constructive comunity here....

will buy some and hope/wait for the best  Wink

happy coding and good luck all!
JohnDorien

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:16:28 PM

The pictures/images part have actually come up in our discussions and it is something we plan to explore further (This could include extra data structures via the commands).
Dan's initial solution was to include more details in the offerdescription, formatted using JSON.

( Just in case nobody has a clue what we are talking about, here is the syscoin blockchain commands. https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/blob/master/COMMANDS.md)

We fully plan to start working on code examples and libraries as soon as we are over this initial phase.

Besides the code and libraries itself, how about starting off with just process drawings?
I guess we have many high skilled programmers here, that are able and willing to start working off the sysmarket, but may not have a real clue how to deal the business in the blockchain, where a simple drawing would help.
I can be wrong, but am missing such sort of.
As example for the first drawing I would like to see a real usecase of the certificates Smiley

I would think the best and possibly easiest way is to make a "SysCrytpoBucket" photo Hub. Merchants can link their product photo to the block chain like you already stated.
Of course there's cost for the pic hosting, as it'd be located on a "central" server. You can charge the Merchants a small SYS fee (Like Ebay does) for each photo, or some package i.e. "Buy 4 photos" at discount.
I would also suggest that the hosting service be SYS dedicated (owned) and maybe have a percentage of the paid Merchant fees go back to SYS holders as a dividend. 10%, 20%?
IMO this would help create more long term SYS users and help the SYS ecosystem for the long haul.
Obviously details would need worked out, but I hope I'm putting forth a valid idea?!

Sounds like a pic-hoster accepting SYS Wink
Still its gotta be somewhat into the blockchain to be available for merchants.

I favor Dan's solution of adding additional fields into the offer array for the problem with pics (which is huge for [possible] merchants right now) is no problem anymore.

Do you have a roadmap or prio list of the actual github issues? there's a heap of cool stuff that's not really working yet (aliases!) and it would be nice to have an eta
pinemool

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:23:28 PM

Block explorer and rich list service at

http://sys.coinzone.info

is back on track!

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:40:28 PM

Besides the code and libraries itself, how about starting off with just process drawings?
I guess we have many high skilled programmers here, that are able and willing to start working off the sysmarket, but may not have a real clue how to deal the business in the blockchain, where a simple drawing would help.
I can be wrong, but am missing such sort of.
As example for the first drawing I would like to see a real usecase of the certificates Smiley

Not a bad idea either. Will add it to the list Smiley

Sounds like a pic-hoster accepting SYS Wink
Still its gotta be somewhat into the blockchain to be available for merchants.

I favor Dan's solution of adding additional fields into the offer array for the problem with pics (which is huge for [possible] merchants right now) is no problem anymore.
Do you have a roadmap or prio list of the actual github issues? there's a heap of cool stuff that's not really working yet (aliases!) and it would be nice to have an eta

The JSON idea would be an easy way of doing this for now alright. A potential website using Syscoin could parse this and display the images, or ignore any markup if needed.
This could be used for a lot of different scenarios, encrypted content etc.  

As for github issues we are cleaning these up. A lot of issues has already been fixed/completed. Not sure which issue in relation to aliases you are talking about?
As the team expands (already happening), we will manage this more formally.
JohnDorien

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:15:54 PM

[...]
As for github issues we are cleaning these up. A lot of issues has already been fixed/completed. Not sure which issue in relation to aliases you are talking about?
[...]

especially this one
https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/issues/134
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:28:21 PM

[...]
[...]

especially this one
https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/issues/134

Ahha.. Will try and push this further up the priority list.
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:56:15 PM

Thought I'd post this as a lot of questions are flying around.
More or less just for easy access.

Syscoin Certificates Demo Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HczUeEXeQ

twitter @antiiclimax
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:04:40 PM

The concept of merged mining is new to me. Will the difficulty and the net hashrate increase, as a result or the merged miners?
manbot1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:14:16 PM

how you get on with moolah all good .. and nice to see people coming up with constructive ideas . can feel things starting to move along..please snipsnoop tell me all ok with moolah..plus i always say wait 3 months for any cryptocurrency to get going
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:17:14 PM

The concept of merged mining is new to me. Will the difficulty and the net hashrate increase, as a result or the merged miners?

Yes, it will indeed. http://dot-bit.org/Merged_Mining

Basically you are mining multiple coins with the same hashrate. For Syscoin this will kick in at block height 17000 or in around 12 hours or so.. (Currently at block height : 16255)
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:17:23 PM

Thanks, added to the OP Wink Please remember to update to the latest wallet released today.

Thanks, any update or news about syscoin, please PM to us.
We would like to translate it and let more people know.
 Smiley

Will def PM you with all future updates Wink

Great news - we are on the Chinese exchange now! This should be promoted on Twitter! More updates and lighter tone are needed.

This IS great news! We we will definitely be marketing this its a huge opportunity.

Perhaps we can start thinking about doing a multilingual site for the coin, in particular in Chinese....we will be one of the very few coins to have that if we can pull that off

Not a bad idea at all. Will be looking into this. Thanks

Not a bad idea at all, least a static website for other languages but updates in english for news. Would be nice to reach out to china now, as this coin is listed on their exchange. What concerns me some is lack of understand in say asia about this coin. They can really put money into a coin they see as profitable, but also some of the biggest speculators. I think reaching them in their own language and explaining what syscoin is doing, and why it's a long term coin and not a day trading coin could be useful.

Also, not forgetting Europe, as translation to the European people I think beside north america, they are most likey to use cryptos instead of just speculate. Hitting some of the major languages would be good call for reaching out more around the globe.
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:18:57 PM

Yes, it will indeed. http://dot-bit.org/Merged_Mining

Basically you are mining multiple coins with the same hashrate. For Syscoin this will kick in at block height 17000 or in around 12 hours or so.. (Currently at block height : 16255)
This is good.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:20:29 PM

So I take it you have to be mining at a pool that supports merged mining with SYS and someother ALT coin?

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:21:34 PM

how you get on with moolah all good .. and nice to see people coming up with constructive ideas . can feel things starting to move along..please snipsnoop tell me all ok with moolah..plus i always say wait 3 months for any cryptocurrency to get going

Things are good with Moolah at the moment, so don't worry too much about it. We will keep you posted on any new developments as soon as possible
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:32:50 PM

So I take it you have to be mining at a pool that supports merged mining with SYS and someother ALT coin?

That is correct.. For now http://simpledoge.com. But more are planning to do it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: