Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:20:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582893 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gefafwisp

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:26:48 AM

I think what gefafwisp means is that maybe in the next release, a possible close private alpha/beta testing should be included in the Syscoin dev cycle to avoid this kind of quirks. 

Yep Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptochris88

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:29:50 AM

-minus the negativity-
Spend more time testing and debugging before spending time cleaning up forum posts. What gives? Why are MINOR issues that should have been tested popping up? The general look of unprofessional behavior and programming techniques stands out more than the work that was done.

Devs,

Not sure if my perspective is dead-on, but here goes:

I'm getting the impression that you all are coding and implementing - but purely from a programmer's perspective.

Please consider that the vast majority of people who will install and use this wallet are *NOT* coders. None of us should be expected to (and probably many can't) kludge their way around shortcomings in the interface or function of same.

General analogy - automobile drivers shouldn't have to know how to build their vehicles or conduct major repairs on their newly purchased vehicles. Automobiles are pretty much turn-key and come with fairly adequate documentation of their features and options (not so much lessons how to drive, but where to find the fuses and how to use the satnav).

In the same way, simple users of your software should not have to know linux, c+, python, or whatever. We shouldn't have to understand programming/coding related jargon or anything else. We shouldn't have to JFGI anything in order to work around things like locked wallets or determine what a feature (such as alias) actually is.

Sometime between now and 0.1.6 - please spend some time testing to make sure things aren't neglected (not able to unlock wallet when creating an alias via the menu), invest a bit of time creating some clear documentation written in complete sentences with a minimum of jargon, and be sure that documentation includes plenty of explanation of what each feature is and does before explaining the HOW.

Agreed, there is also such a thing as biased testing where because you are a developer you neglect to check other aspects of the software overall. IMO it would be wise to have a third party point of view with regards to testing. Improvements are in order both in the features and in the dev approach but its good that the dev is open to suggestions.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:30:55 AM

The most thing in UI design is user friendly and beautiful, maybe you can hire some expertise in UI degisn, UI is simple to developer, but it's very important to users.

I think a quick round of user acceptance testing would be a big help in this regard. Would just take a very small group a few hours to iron out any howlers (such as this passphrase palava..).

That is the plan going forward as per Dan's post.

Development Release Update!

Introducing the Syscoin Release Candidate Program with v0.1.5 RC1

Release Candidate Program: Feedback | Release Candidate Wallet Download

We have created a thread to hold all the FAQ items for this release, 0.1.5 RC1 RELEASE FAQ

I think what gefafwisp means is that maybe in the next release, a possible close private alpha/beta testing should be included in the Syscoin dev cycle to avoid this kind of quirks. 

Yep Smiley

Aye, it is indeed a good idea and something I would think that we will take on-board.
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:45:51 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 10:57:48 AM by vicvelcro

Thank you for blessing us with your cogent and relevant input. (or not)

Seriously, change your approach.

I just licked MOOLAH's plums, everyone! (everything else removed)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:09:11 AM

-minus the negativity-
Spend more time testing and debugging before spending time cleaning up forum posts. What gives? Why are MINOR issues that should have been tested popping up? The general look of unprofessional behavior and programming techniques stands out more than the work that was done.

Devs,

I'm getting the impression that you all are coding and implementing - but purely from a programmer's perspective.

Please consider that the vast majority of people who will install and use this wallet are *NOT* coders. None of us should be expected to (and probably many can't) kludge their way around shortcomings in the interface or function of same.

General analogy - automobile drivers shouldn't have to know how to build their vehicles or conduct major repairs on their newly purchased vehicles. Automobiles are pretty much turn-key and come with fairly adequate documentation of their features and options (not so much lessons how to drive, but where to find the fuses and how to use the satnav).

In the same way, simple users of your software should not have to know linux, c+, python, or whatever. We shouldn't have to understand programming/coding related jargon or anything else. We shouldn't have to JFGI anything in order to work around things like locked wallets or determine what a feature (such as alias) actually is.

Sometime between now and 0.1.6 - please spend some time testing to make sure things aren't neglected (not able to unlock wallet when creating an alias via the menu), invest a bit of time creating some clear documentation written in complete sentences with a minimum of jargon, and be sure that documentation includes plenty of explanation of what each feature is and does before explaining the HOW.

Agreed but thats what an RC is for. The quirks will be fixed soon.. As you know software is a complicated beast with multi variables input and output.. its good to get out a working package and then iron out issues as a bigger userbase uses and finds them. As a long term professional developer im surprised there arent more bugs.. in the workforce you can expect dozens of new bugs on RCs off the bat so to me the quality is good and
is improving. This is a technical field so its not going to get all sparkly clean and super intuitive all of a sudden.. takes a few iterations to get there. Those who so not see the forest through the trees do not habe experience in the field of r&d to know any better. Those that do well you will see inherint value in what has beem given to you and can extrapolate on possibilities to come which are practically endless.
FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:10:42 AM

-minus the negativity-

Devs,

Agreed, there is also such a thing as biased testing where because you are a developer you neglect to check other aspects of the software overall. IMO it would be wise to have a third party point of view with regards to testing. Improvements are in order both in the features and in the dev approach but its good that the dev is open to suggestions.

Agreed... Lack of UAT was the major issue at launch imho.
Hopefully devs will take this feedback on board this time.
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:18:11 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 11:38:33 AM by vicvelcro

I agree with everything you just said. And at the same time, I agree with ME just as much as I agree with you.

Just saying that now might just be the time to put some polish on the hoopty before wrenching on a new set of headers.

-minus the negativity-

Devs,

Agreed but thats what an RC is for. The quirks will be fixed soon.. As you know software is a complicated beast with multi variables input and output.. its good to get out a working package and then iron out issues as a bigger userbase uses and finds them. As a long term professional developer im surprised there arent more bugs.. in the workforce you can expect dozens of new bugs on RCs off the bat so to me the quality is good and
is improving. This is a technical field so its not going to get all sparkly clean and super intuitive all of a sudden.. takes a few iterations to get there. Those who so not see the forest through the trees do not habe experience in the field of r&d to know any better. Those that do well you will see inherint value in what has beem given to you and can extrapolate on possibilities to come which are practically endless.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hobocc

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

cheapcoin, let's buy some.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:47:23 PM

Actually going to leave this for now. I think you need it to get through your day.

notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 12:49:08 PM

Wow, I was right! MOOLAH is firing them! Holy shit!
Good for them! Maybe they'll get someone who has experience.

Hold on, what now?

twitter.com/notsofast
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:51:59 PM

Wow, I was right! MOOLAH is firing them! Holy shit!
Good for them! Maybe they'll get someone who has experience.

Hold on, what now?

He's fudding... Ignore him.
gefafwisp

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:05:05 PM

Hold on, what now?

It's FUD. (pretty low grade FUD at that..)
Radent

Activity: 293

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:19:58 PM

Thanks for the giveaways SYScoin. great support..!!
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:22:48 PM

Development Release Update!

Introducing the Syscoin Release Candidate Program with v0.1.5 RC1

Release Candidate Program: Feedback | Release Candidate Wallet Download

We have created a thread to hold all the FAQ items for this release, 0.1.5 RC1 RELEASE FAQ

For the newcomers. Again to clarify, this is a Release Candidate (RC).
Do read the blog post above please.
mauriek

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:35:55 PM

Whatever guys. The release was a disaster like the others. I have over 2 million in sys. They hopefully fired the guy who claims to be a programmer.
Look at them using ICO money to prop up the price on mintpal. That 320 order is BS.

Haha.. register forum today, and FUD Syscoin from the first post, and claiming to hold millions of Syscoin. i love smart people Grin

Ok..for the report, i have to rebuild block every time i upgrade wallet from 0.14 to 0.15, tested it in 3 PC/Wallet.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:42:55 PM

Whatever guys. The release was a disaster like the others. I have over 2 million in sys. They hopefully fired the guy who claims to be a programmer.
Look at them using ICO money to prop up the price on mintpal. That 320 order is BS.

Haha.. register forum today, and FUD Syscoin from the first post, and claiming to hold millions of Syscoin. i love smart people Grin
Ok..for the report, i have to rebuild block every time i upgrade wallet from 0.14 to 0.15, tested it in 3 PC/Wallet.

Jumping to PM for clarification.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:00:44 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 04:51:53 PM by danosphere

Just catching up on all the posts- are people having issues posting items on the feedback thread on Syscoin forums? We are trying to consolidate the feedback there so we can address everything and not have items duplicated across channels or omitted. We also want to discuss some of these items- that is why we pushed people to Syscoin Forums for feedback.

-minus the negativity-

Devs,

Both excellent points and to be honest we're aware of this issue- we have an entirely new (as in- from scratch) wallet UI and experience coming around the time of the 0.1.6 release. Part of the problem with the current wallet is that its foundation was established long ago (via Bitcoin) and its programming language (QT) is extremely slow to program in and develop clean and engaging experiences in efficiently. To remedy this we will are working on a new wallet for 0.1.6 more on that later.

@Shadowduck you raise valid points I'm following up with you on PM. We are most definitely not ignoring your pull requests its already been merged into the master branch and has been for some time with no reported issues. I need to cherry pick the commit back into devstaging-0.1.5.

I want to re-emphasize this is a RELEASE CANDIDATE AKA PUBLIC BETA, and RC1 at that. If you have been watching github overnight a number of changes have already been pushed for an RC2 and more are being pushed tonight. We will probably have an RC2 release candidate update later tonight- USA/PST time, not sure exact time yet.

I agree with people's comments regarding a technical writer and better documentation around aliases in general in parallel with their release. Again this is something we're improving as we move forward and something we have not yet released. Seeing as how this was released as an "RC" we didn't publish a lot of the marketing and help materials we have related to aliases because we didn't want to confuse people still using the 0.1.4c wallet with interfaces and actions that didn't exist there. When 0.1.5 is promoted to a production candidate these help files will be available on the website.

Please keep the feedback coming, we're listing the items being reported in the OP here http://syscoin.org/board/discussion/55/syscoin-0-1-5-release-candidate-feedback-thread#latest

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
thissuxballs

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:24:56 PM

These people are making it up as they go along. Maybe they will learn to program and test properly before the marketplace release but I highly doubt it.
Don't fall for their RC BS. Its a sly way of covering up their nonsense coding and testing techniques.
Pathetic.
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:28:11 PM

I want some of whatever the guy above me is on!!!
thissuxballs

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:37:41 PM

When this flops into oblivion, you will remember my name! For I am thissuxballs, purveyor of truth!
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: