Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:33:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582891 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tazmania

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:56:28 PM

What's the next of Syscoin? Will DEV honor the current development plan?

Once the btc they have is gone how long will the lead dev or any of the other devs work for free is the question. Assuming no additional money will come in and the coin price never recovers due to no adoption of the syscoin platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:59:35 PM

Who profits from this clusterfuck with Moolah, the lawyers!!!

vicvelcro

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

Why would you make that assumption? Simply to drive the price further downward before filling your pockets just prior to SYS making a recovery? We call that FUD manipulation in Detroit.

Assuming no additional money will come in and the coin price never recovers due to no adoption of the syscoin platform.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:27:19 PM

I hope SYS will start trading on BTER soon as a replacement to mintpal..
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:31:04 PM

You dont know that!! The Chances are now that Moolah was all a long con and however well SYS had performed at launch he still would hav e found a way to delay payment.

You hit the nail on the head. The IPO very likely would have disappeared either way.

The only thing SYS did wrong was trusting Moolah and 'Alex Green' , something 80% of the crypto community seemed to do as well.

This is the truth, being here from IPO and start of this, rocky start was not all that rocky, it was alex green aka ryan gentle that created all the FUD and problems for syscoin. If not for him and this coin would be doing amazing right now.

Which is why i support in full the lawsuit against him and criminal charges if that can happen. He's a crook and has hurt not only syscoin, but all of crypto community.

Syscoin will recover fine, nothing has changed, and development continues. Go to IRC and talk with developers if you have questions and don't believe things are still rolling with syscoin developement. Aside from Ryan situation, this coin has not stopped since before launch.

One day people are gonna look back at the prices of this coin in amazement as to how this coin could be so low in prices with some of the best innovation in cryptos.
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:57:35 PM

Syscoin will recover fine, nothing has changed, and development continues.

Plus...  IF no BTC are recovered...  devs' interests will be aligned (even more so) with a future value increase of Syscoin since they will only be holding SYS!   Wink

Absolutely, they own probably most syscoin now, as it was returned from moolah/ryan gentle. Which was only thing returned so far. But I'm sure they bought into the IPO and probably buying also on dips. They believe in their own work.

I support syscoin cause the developers are most honest and transparent in cryptos to date. Their is rarely times when someone isn't in IRC to talk to. They take time out to answer questions, and update community, not to mention the tech is groundbreaking stuff.

People, this FUD will pass, BTC or not, this coin like others before it that did well, didn't need BTC IPO to make them do well. Look at DOGE, PND, Blackcoin, ect. These were coins without BTC IPO's. They did great. Plus these coins don't have the tech or second generation crypto 2.0 tech to them.

EXTRA Side story:

I want to share a story with community here about patience. If those that remember PND coin launching back last winter, it was little known coin when wolong was launching his scamcoin, to counter wolongs scam. PandacoinPND i mined from the very beginning launch. I also bought a lot cheaply. I don't know for sure, but I'd be safe to say I owned probably the most PND coin out there, 6 billion coins, out of 32 billion. It went through a pump and dump, and I lost patience and confindence in this coin, and cashed out.

It was in the latoshi market when i cashed out. Now look at this coin months later, it's around number 23 on coinmarket cap, and has attracted many community members and pushing forward.

To put things in perspective, on richlist the biggest wallet is 1 billion coins, I had 6 billion. If I i had just hung on to my coins, and just forgot about them I think i figured it was about 600 BTC worth that I mined and bought for pennies litterally. I was biggest wallet, not have nothing.

So looking at syscoin and the fact they are not going anywhere, and keep pushing forward they are kinda in same boat when confidence was lost, but those that know what's going on are buying it.

I fully expect syscoin in 6-12 months to do even better than PND coin did.

Patience, this is a long coin, and you'll be rewared handsomely most likely if you just stick with it and wait for the FUD to pass.
Cointang

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:02:55 PM

Lol karma is a Bitch, you still shall receive no pity from me. You lost a lot of investors money by botching the launch with your wallet fiasco. I'm glad Ryan took your btc, well played lol

1uSmoGi7FUh4Kb5Bf2snPKvnWdfLCt8fX
Cointang

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:10:13 PM

Here's an idea Ryan, if you're reading this simply return btc to all investors instead bypassing legal troubles with syscoin and just state the truth : that syscoin didn't release a working product.

1uSmoGi7FUh4Kb5Bf2snPKvnWdfLCt8fX
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:12:00 PM

Downloaded latest release, but the blockchain is not downloading.

Anyone can point me to the official .conf?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 05:58:04 PM

I feel this should mean the dev's should pick up the pace on the more impacting public facing applications of syscoin. For example, the decentralized marketplace. This would send the practicality of syscoin through the roof and make it no longer "just another alt" (it currently is 'just another' in all reality). With the practicality spike, the price would follow. The price spike would shut up the cry babies who didn't get rich quick, and would satisfy more monetary needs of the dev team.

Designing and developing the release candidate things, whatever they are, has played no role in the practicality of syscoin unfortunately. I don't even understand how it is incorporated to the original feature set we all were promised. My not understanding, is caused by 1 of two things, 1: I haven't read enough (I've been all over the place on the web, in the articles, this thread, the social media outlets, so guessing there is no interesting info on it out there as it's really not that interesting) or 2: it wasn't in the original plan of features.

In other words, with moolah's failures, and money lost, could we get some real feature development now? That will be what increases the value of a syscoin, what you can do with it.

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:21:19 PM

Same here. I am stuck on block "N/A" according to the client. Addnodes anyone? conf file?

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:34:44 PM

Same here. I am stuck on block "N/A" according to the client. Addnodes anyone? conf file?

Please hold. Our last official technical-tie to Moolah was cut today (DNS SEED) which is causing these errors. We have our own seed up and ready, and will release a fixed binary before the end of the day we do apologize for the issues, juggling a number of items right now and appreciate everyone's patience.

This issue will also impact 0.1.4c most likely until the new 0.1.5 RC is up, we will have this ready in <4hrs.

I feel this should mean the dev's should pick up the pace on the more impacting public facing applications of syscoin. For example, the decentralized marketplace. This would send the practicality of syscoin through the roof and make it no longer "just another alt" (it currently is 'just another' in all reality). With the practicality spike, the price would follow. The price spike would shut up the cry babies who didn't get rich quick, and would satisfy more monetary needs of the dev team.

Designing and developing the release candidate things, whatever they are, has played no role in the practicality of syscoin unfortunately. I don't even understand how it is incorporated to the original feature set we all were promised. My not understanding, is caused by 1 of two things, 1: I haven't read enough (I've been all over the place on the web, in the articles, this thread, the social media outlets, so guessing there is no interesting info on it out there as it's really not that interesting) or 2: it wasn't in the original plan of features.

In other words, with moolah's failures, and money lost, could we get some real feature development now? That will be what increases the value of a syscoin, what you can do with it.

We're working on it. You know that the money lost via Moolah's failings was money intended to directly fuel development. Its natural to expect a slight pause in development from us in this respect as we rework budgets and partner agreements with other parties since our operating capital has been cut by 60% until the resolution of this legal case is seen through to its eventual end.

As stated previously we aren't stopping development, but recent events have had a major impact on our ability to hire new devs, promoters, etc. We are having a team meeting today, and will have an official blog post later today that covers all these topics. Please appreciate the effect losing 60% of funding overnight has- its not something that can easily be ignored even though we will definitely carry on!

Accumulation at these low prices wouldn't be a terrible idea...

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:37:34 PM

addnode=seed.syscoin.tk
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:38:56 PM

addnode=seed.syscoin.tk

^^ This is our new DNS Seed, run entirely by the team. And should get you back up and syncing until we have it baked into the client code which is what we'll have in <4hrs.

Thanks Soeren (SnipSnoop) and Jon (jonn4y) for putting in late hours last night to get this ready, tested, and working for today's cutover.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
kamronk

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:49:51 PM

We're working on it. You know that the money lost via Moolah's failings was money intended to directly fuel development. Its natural to expect a slight pause in development from us in this respect as we rework budgets and partner agreements with other parties since our operating capital has been cut by 60% until the resolution of this legal case is seen through to its eventual end.

As stated previously we aren't stopping development, but recent events have had a major impact on our ability to hire new devs, promoters, etc. We are having a team meeting today, and will have an official blog post later today that covers all these topics. Please appreciate the effect losing 60% of funding overnight has- its not something that can easily be ignored even though we will definitely carry on!

Accumulation at these low prices wouldn't be a terrible idea...

Thanks dano. I can definitely see how losing that much of your funds is going to slow things a bit. I was just voicing my opinion that I feel the priorities should also change considering this. There needs to be some real value built here, not a platform/system for incorporating end users in deciding what development to release.

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:54:47 PM

Thanks dano. I can definitely see how losing that much of your funds is going to slow things a bit. I was just voicing my opinion that I feel the priorities should also change considering this. There needs to be some real value built here, not a platform/system for incorporating end users in deciding what development to release.

Thanks for that clarification and I totally agree with this sentiment. This is something we'll be discussing on the team call happening in <30min and the blog post tonight will reflect the results of that call and also any changes in course we have planned given all this news. One thing I can't reiterate enough is that we are not_stopping.

sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:40:13 PM

Thanks for that clarification and I totally agree with this sentiment. This is something we'll be discussing on the team call happening in <30min and the blog post tonight will reflect the results of that call and also any changes in course we have planned given all this news. One thing I can't reiterate enough is that we are not_stopping.

That is great to hear. I'm glad you guys are so proactive-that says a lot about the team behind this coin.  Sure, this is a major setback, losing 60% of the development funding, however as another poster mentioned, that may incense you to work even harder to make your existing SYS worth a huge amount Smiley

I hope you'll be posting the blog post here so it will capture the attention of many...

kamronk

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 09:01:08 PM

This is exactly why I believe in you guys and will hodl until the cows come home Smiley

Looking forward to all updates as usual, and great job communicating all of this guys. I trust everything will be handled appropriately and the decisions will be good ones.

Yuzu

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:08:58 AM

Not trying to FUD, but how can you NOT stop?

The IPO was to raise funds to run SYS long term.  Now those funds are gone.  The BTC was gone once it left the investors hot, little hands because Moolah had no intention of returning it for any reason.  I didn't think the launch was botched that badly, but even if it had been Moolah wasn't going to return our money because Green intended to steal it.  So there was no fair launch.  There couldn't be.  The SYS devs and the investors were the victims of a long con.

And now the money is gone and it doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon.  So how is SYS going to grow if that BTC is gone?  And if you can do it without the BTC, why did you have the IPO in the first place?  I just don't see how this can continue to go forward.  Once again, not trying to FUD, just would love some kind of map or plan.
zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:22:44 AM

What a mess. The moolah collapse highlights the problems with crypto, mainly with alt crypto currencies.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: