Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582891 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

I think the price is falling because the developement is paused atm... I personally cant wait for UI implemented features. I think we cant get rid of trolls and scams, we can only fight them and avoid them...

Development hasn't paused it's just slowed down a little which of course a lot will agree is acceptable, this weekend we'll be pushing RC3 into the main production wallet and there will be some promotional work around that, we'll also bring you up to speed with the development of the android and iOS wallets for Syscoin.

Totally understandable considering circumstances.

One thing I noticed as someone mentioned blocknet on here, new big thing. This is the problem with cryptos, is the % gains people make in days or weeks is enough to make people dump say syscoin and buy into the new pump and dump, knowing they can buy back later cheaper if they wish. The pumpers and dumpers run this market, and when we get new people they lose their BTC and usually say forget it.

It's rinse and repeat this scam over and over. This is why good coins go down in value, as people see they can chase the pump and drain other coins, only those like myself that believe long term in this coin will stick around

So, that being said, is their a way to effectively get this coin into the hands of those outside of cryptos, in an easy effortless fashion. To effectively break this cycle is to reach out to those outside of community. It would be nice if companies like coinbase would sell some alts.

If we can get a new company or old to start taking alts for $$$ then we can start to break this cycle of pumps and dumps. Vault of Satoshi is only one I know of that does this, but they only serve Canada right now, we need to reach more nations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:36:53 PM

So, that being said, is their a way to effectively get this coin into the hands of those outside of cryptos, in an easy effortless fashion. To effectively break this cycle is to reach out to those outside of community.

That really is the holy grail, and has not really been achieved in any meaningful way IMO. NXT had a good go at it, by being part of the PayExpo in London this year (and will be at the 2015 PayExpo also), which was sponsored by Barclays Bank. It was a fair attempt to break out, and break that cycle you mentioned.

Ultimately, its all about utility. Build it, and they will come.  
WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

So, that being said, is their a way to effectively get this coin into the hands of those outside of cryptos, in an easy effortless fashion. To effectively break this cycle is to reach out to those outside of community.

That really is the holy grail, and has not really been achieved in any meaningful way IMO. NXT had a good go at it, by being part of the PayExpo in London this year (and will be at the 2015 PayExpo also), which was sponsored by Barclays Bank. It was a fair attempt to break out, and break that cycle you mentioned.

Success would be to produce a viable replacement for cash.  Take SYS, it has a market place, if said market place leveraged the ability to calculate price/payments respective to cash in what ever country it would take off no doubt.  This could be easily done with a payment screen in the client that calculated respective cash value as referenced to BTC to cash wherever, even across borders.  This would in effect remove need for the end user to calculate the value of the unit price for each transaction on both source and destination of the unit.
j4ce1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:05:43 PM

If we can get a new company or old to start taking alts for $$$ then we can start to break this cycle of pumps and dumps. Vault of Satoshi is only one I know of that does this, but they only serve Canada right now, we need to reach more nations.

Unfortunately they are not adding new coins to their platform right now. Not sure why.

Sys is out of luck in that regard Sad
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:09:45 PM

Nevertheless, I would like to thank developers for their continuous support of this coin. Those who are implying that Sys is over are far from truth. However, we also should be aware of all the negative aspects of current situation. Some ICO coins were successful, some weren't but history of crypto shows us that there was no coin that managed to go back to the ICO price after initial price drop. It is either instant growth or instant downfall. You can have the best technology out there and if there are no pumpers to support you, you will be just one of the obscure coins. We all took that risk, we lost, but as long as the devs didn't abandon this ship. we still have a chance, so do not sell your coins.
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

Nevertheless, I would like to thank developers for their continuous support of this coin. Those who are implying that Sys is over are far from truth. However, we also should be aware of all the negative aspects of current situation. Some ICO coins were successful, some weren't but history of crypto shows us that there was no coin that managed to go back to the ICO price after initial price drop. It is either instant growth or instant downfall. You can have the best technology out there and if there are no pumpers to support you, you will be just one of the obscure coins. We all took that risk, we lost, but as long as the devs didn't abandon this ship. we still have a chance, so do not sell your coins.

Amen.

I've worked my way to be able to forget about the amount of sys I have. My coming back to check on it is purely curiosity at this point. As a technologist myself, I feel syscoin is truly breaking new ground and I am really excited to have been and to be a part of it (as an IPO investor, and supporter ever since).

Cheers to the devs!

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:41:14 PM

Amen.

I've worked my way to be able to forget about the amount of sys I have. My coming back to check on it is purely curiosity at this point. As a technologist myself, I feel syscoin is truly breaking new ground and I am really excited to have been and to be a part of it (as an IPO investor, and supporter ever since).

Cheers to the devs!

Thank you both for your support, we appreciate it!
I am 1000% sure the upcoming features will prove this coin's new tech even more and services built around it will take over!

Success would be to produce a viable replacement for cash.  Take SYS, it has a market place, if said market place leveraged the ability to calculate price/payments respective to cash in what ever country it would take off no doubt.  This could be easily done with a payment screen in the client that calculated respective cash value as referenced to BTC to cash wherever, even across borders.  This would in effect remove need for the end user to calculate the value of the unit price for each transaction on both source and destination of the unit.

Let's assume the global oil market, it's all working around the USD...
There's already a first example on how to update a SYS offer on the chain vs. actual SYS-BTC-USD price...
WORE

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:43:01 PM

Amen.

Cheers to the devs!

Thank you both for your support, we appreciate it!
I am 1000% sure the upcoming features will prove this coin's new tech even more and services built around it will take over!

Success would be to produce a viable replacement for cash.  Take SYS, it has a market place, if said market place leveraged the ability to calculate price/payments respective to cash in what ever country it would take off no doubt.  This could be easily done with a payment screen in the client that calculated respective cash value as referenced to BTC to cash wherever, even across borders.  This would in effect remove need for the end user to calculate the value of the unit price for each transaction on both source and destination of the unit.

Let's assume the global oil market, it's all working around the USD...
There's already a first example on how to update a SYS offer on the chain vs. actual SYS-BTC-USD price...

Additional setting in the client that will determine users native currency, UserA want to sell something at market and they list it as their expected paper currency, UserB opens client in different nation with different currency setting, client lists the price in UserB's native currency.  Single website could host updated exchange rates and client could work from them.  Items in the market are not listed in the blockchain, they are in a separate database hosted locally but also updated via P2P.  This would be an easy method to integrate international sales and I personally think it would be attractive to the SYS community and beyond.
JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

Additional setting in the client that will determine users native currency, UserA want to sell something at market and they list it as their expected paper currency, UserB opens client in different nation with different currency setting, client lists the price in UserB's native currency.  Single website could host updated exchange rates and client could work from them.  Items in the market are not listed in the blockchain, they are in a separate database hosted locally but also updated via P2P.  This would be an easy method to integrate international sales and I personally think it would be attractive to the SYS community and beyond.

This is a pretty interesting concept. Though, in the moment the offers are not hosted on the blockchain, but need to be updated via p2p, why not directly have them on the chain where you have the payment process etc directly with it? It sounds like a bloating second chain besides the standard blockchain (at first glance, prob gotta re-think aboput this in the morning).

In general it is hard to have all currencies included in a hardcoded way into a wallet. Remember it is a load of maintenance to check the availability of the pages, data APIs and so on, and this in addition to all the other development.
We thought about it. It is basically "only" some API calls and basic calculations. But the maintenance is a killer at the moment - for us. We encourage projects like the actual USD converter to be enhanced and built upon by the community and interested vendors. Or someone picks this idea up and creates a page providing all this via API everyone could use.. many possible ways, but for us, besides the development and legal actions, not feasible _right now_.
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:57:07 PM

This is a pretty interesting concept. Though, in the moment the offers are not hosted on the blockchain, but need to be updated via p2p, why not directly have them on the chain where you have the payment process etc directly with it? It sounds like a bloating second chain besides the standard blockchain (at first glance, prob gotta re-think aboput this in the morning).

In general it is hard to have all currencies included in a hardcoded way into a wallet. Remember it is a load of maintenance to check the availability of the pages, data APIs and so on, and this in addition to all the other development.
We thought about it. It is basically "only" some API calls and basic calculations. But the maintenance is a killer at the moment - for us. We encourage projects like the actual USD converter to be enhanced and built upon by the community and interested vendors. Or someone picks this idea up and creates a page providing all this via API everyone could use.. many possible ways, but for us, besides the development and legal actions, not feasible _right now_.

I think the idea is a good one to offer different currencies, but it would be easier for the marketplace app (be it new js/html wallet, external website, etc) to simply query an external website that would convert the currency. In fact I don't think it would even need to be a syscoin-sponsored site; there are probably a ton of APIs already available for currency conversion...

sphericon

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:05:15 PM

hmm, perhaps it would be better to have the wallet query a syscoin-sponsored site that then queries another API so that we have control of the currency conversion. could fallback to just using a single currency (usd, euro) in case of stale data...

WORE

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:47:46 PM

hmm, perhaps it would be better to have the wallet query a syscoin-sponsored site that then queries another API so that we have control of the currency conversion. could fallback to just using a single currency (usd, euro) in case of stale data...

Website could just use cron to poll updates to the client read only conversion chart about every 15 minutes or so.  This would probably be a better model for security, and if the current syscoin website is cloud based then replication would be a snap.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 02:39:32 AM

Website could just use cron to poll updates to the client read only conversion chart about every 15 minutes or so.  This would probably be a better model for security, and if the current syscoin website is cloud based then replication would be a snap.

You guys are so close to what we have been working on creating as a stop-gap solution to this issue until we can integrate a daemon-level solution on top of the new Assets feature- this is excellent discussion.

Right now as a solution to this we're creating what I call a two-way price peg (aka: SysPricePeg lets say, I know maybe not the coolest name). What this does is has several configurable options:
- which exchanges to pull exchange rate from (BTC/SYS), avg price across them
- which exchanges to pull exchange rate from (BTC/FIAT) OR BTC/ALTCOIN if the merchant wants to price their offer in FIAT or altcoin, avg price across them
- update interval (default 10min) - interval at which the cron runs to poll for exchange data
- update threshold (default 3%) - threshold at which to automatically issue an offerupdate to update the offer's SYS price ONLY if the price has changed outside the threshold

Syscoin offers are stored on the blockchain currently, not in any separate p2p database as the blockchain provides for cryptographic proof/validation of service operations where a local database could be much more subject to attacks or hacks but I can see ways to secure this- but still blockchain is best imo.

So what a vendor would do currently is run SysPricePeg in parallel with Blockmarket (as a front end for buyers). SysPricePeg would store the data locally regarding which ONLY which offer guid should be pegged to what price/currency but the setup there is simple; eventually this data will be integrated into the offer data design (something like currencyType and currencyPrice as new data fields).

The above is something we're already almost done with and will be releasing soon as we can- these recent roadbumps have slowed down the train but certainly not stopped it. I need to update the damn roadmap on the website so people have a better idea of the new timelines- its on my todo list. The fact that all these "Darknetmarkets" got taken down today may be a great way for us to demonstrate how SYS decentralized markets can avoid this kind of centralized takedown. We don't support illegal activities of course but this [the risks of centralized markets/data] is one relevant and applicable use case towards which Syscoin could be leveraged quite heavily and effectively.

Development Update!!
We will be promoting Syscoin 0.1.5 RC3 to "production release" this Saturday 11/8 the branch will be merged to master and we will issue new binaries. Pool operators please plan on updating. This information will be sent to the mailing list soon  Smiley

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
mauriek

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:21:03 AM

Website could just use cron to poll updates to the client read only conversion chart about every 15 minutes or so.  This would probably be a better model for security, and if the current syscoin website is cloud based then replication would be a snap.

You guys are so close to what we have been working on creating as a stop-gap solution to this issue until we can integrate a daemon-level solution on top of the new Assets feature- this is excellent discussion.

Right now as a solution to this we're creating what I call a two-way price peg (aka: SysPricePeg lets say, I know maybe not the coolest name). What this does is has several configurable options:
- which exchanges to pull exchange rate from (BTC/FIAT) OR BTC/ALTCOIN if the merchant wants to price their offer in FIAT or altcoin, avg price across them
- update interval (default 10min) - interval at which the cron runs to poll for exchange data
- update threshold (default 3%) - threshold at which to automatically issue an offerupdate to update the offer's SYS price ONLY if the price has changed outside the threshold

Syscoin offers are stored on the blockchain currently, not in any separate p2p database as the blockchain provides for cryptographic proof/validation of service operations where a local database could be much more subject to attacks or hacks but I can see ways to secure this- but still blockchain is best imo.

So what a vendor would do currently is run SysPricePeg in parallel with Blockmarket (as a front end for buyers). SysPricePeg would store the data locally regarding which ONLY which offer guid should be pegged to what price/currency but the setup there is simple; eventually this data will be integrated into the offer data design (something like currencyType and currencyPrice as new data fields).

The above is something we're already almost done with and will be releasing soon as we can- these recent roadbumps have slowed down the train but certainly not stopped it. I need to update the damn roadmap on the website so people have a better idea of the new timelines- its on my todo list. The fact that all these "Darknetmarkets" got taken down today may be a great way for us to demonstrate how SYS decentralized markets can avoid this kind of centralized takedown. We don't support illegal activities of course but this [the risks of centralized markets/data] is one relevant and applicable use case towards which Syscoin could be leveraged quite heavily and effectively.

Development Update!!
We will be promoting Syscoin 0.1.5 RC3 to "production release" this Saturday 11/8 the branch will be merged to master and we will issue new binaries. Pool operators please plan on updating. This information will be sent to the mailing list soon  Smiley

This is exactly why i hold and support sys, currently i'm with the team that developing and designing a market/payment system that can integrate Syscoin system in to daily use for customer in Asia, first term of private financing for the development already delivered, the investors still have no clear idea how to implement this in detail but we present them Syscoin idea and they as seasoned investor absolutely can grasp the potential of the technology and agree to finance the first term of development, now i really hope the Sys team can develop the idea in to reality and we can deliver this to mass market or we have no choice but to adopt more traditional and expensive solution from the financial industry.
SmokeJoe

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:16:09 AM

Any plans to stop Bittrex from delisting Sys? The volume is almost non-existent.
sphericon

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:29:31 AM

Development Update!!

The update threshold seems like a good idea. I would probably tweak the default percent lower, as 3 percent is kind of a large amount for a shop to lose. Sometimes profit margins aren't even that high! Also due to the size of the current syscoin market, one could manipulate the price to get a larger-ticket item for less Fiat. Just something to consider.

As I was building out the Web front end for the marketplace, a couple of things stood out to me that we need to consider or include.

• There is a strong need for a multidimensional array for the storage of image path and alt/title text.
  • A video field (perhaps just a YouTube link)  that could be easily manipulated by a dev.
  • I see that there is a quantity field; Quantity discounts are often used by bigger merchants, and if we want this to be seriously adopted by real stores we need to provide that option as well.
  • I don't recall if there was a shipping cost field, but a multiple select for that would be good. Or if not a field in the client, perhaps it could  be done via post code in the web client (next day, normal, etc.).

That's it for now, but I will keep thinking on this. For mass adoption it needs the features expect-let's give them what they want. Thanks for posting the update, danosphere. It always makes us feel better hearing about something other than he who shall not be named.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:53:59 AM

Unfortunately they are not adding new coins to their platform right now. Not sure why.

Sys is out of luck in that regard Sad

How did trying to get added to Bittylicious(UK company) go??, that wld help

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
SmokeJoe

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:19:25 AM

I hate it when people in crypto pretend that everything is all right when it is not. "So why won't you sell?", they ask. The thing is that there is noone here to buy it from me. People are literally no longer interested in this coin. We are a bunch of bagholders and it will remain so until something is done. New features? Who cares about them if they are just a curiosiy that won't ever go mainstream. There are so many coins desperately trying to return. Is there any plan to save ICO investors money? Some updates that don't even make it to the crypto mainstream are not a plan. Paying for a professional PR (which this coin lacked from the beginning), building buy walls, cooperating with pumpers, diversifying exhcanges (we will be delisted from Bittrex soon) is a plan. And chasing Alex Green? Doesn't make sense. Guy is probably gone. Even Mark Karpeles is gone and there was much more evidence against him. Why waste your money for lawyers that won't change anything? Use it to boos the coin, build some buy walls at 50 satoshi levels etc. Whenever someone comes here and asks about some real action he is tagged as fudder and dismissed. For many month we've been doing it that way - maybe it's time to try something different?
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:25:32 AM

Any plans to stop Bittrex from delisting Sys? The volume is almost non-existent.

What the fuck are you on about?? FUD/Troll attempt???  Bittrex delists coins with under 0.2 BTCS vol every day for over a week. Sys has 1-3 BTCs vol most days!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
SmokeJoe

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:29:22 AM

What the fuck are you on about?? FUD/Troll attempt???  Bittrex delists coins with under 0.2 BTCS vol every day for over a week. Sys has 1-3 BTCs vol most days!!

Go to Bittrex now, look at the volume: it is 0.9 BTC now.
Obviously it is not 0.2 BTC but compared to what it used to be, you know where we are heading.
I am trying to protect here your and mine investment. Better act now than in a last minute.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: