Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582883 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kamronk

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 04:05:30 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 04:33:46 PM by kamronk

On the general development time, 2 members of our team were dedicated fulltime to SYS, and are now struggling financing their lives as the funds are not released by moolah. Simple it is, these two needed to get other jobs to pay the bills, so they have less time for coding (understandable, right?). We do have private repo's that work is happening on, and also on the different branches of syscoin (take a look, you can checkout some functionality in buggy alpha state already, e.g. assets).

I know it's not much compared to IPO funds, but if we can get the UI for the marketplace in the wallet (guessing right in the wallet would be easiest for them) here soon, we have ~635kSYS for them.

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:05:09 PM

On the general development time, 2 members of our team were dedicated fulltime to SYS, and are now struggling financing their lives as the funds are not released by moolah. Simple it is, these two needed to get other jobs to pay the bills, so they have less time for coding (understandable, right?). We do have private repo's that work is happening on, and also on the different branches of syscoin (take a look, you can checkout some functionality in buggy alpha state already, e.g. assets).

I know it's not much compared to IPO funds, but if we can get the UI for the marketplace in the wallet (guessing right in the wallet would be easiest for them) here soon, we have ~635kSYS for them.

I'm still working on  my  .Net desktop version. I hope to have it ready soon as we really need something now to shore up confidence. Will update as I have more info.

SmokeJoe

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:30:50 PM

Sorry but we are witnessing one of the most epic failures in crypto. And the devs are hoping that they can pick up on that anytime later. Don't they get it that if they won't act NOW it will be too late? This really sucks. Do you really think that if a coin goes sub 20 satoshi it can really grow twentyfold to get back to the ICO price? Syscoin should be lesson for all the devs in crypto how to fuck up good coin.

Look, the dev's priorities have already been decided, nothing we can do. Instead of bitching about the current state of sys, why not contribute to it moving forward. We're obviously working up a pretty nice bounty to get a decentralized app for the decentralized marketplace. You could contribute here by pledging or coding, or you could get creative in other ways.

Its pretty clear the devs arent taking much action (dev wise) until they get their funds. We want action sooner? Then its on us. I cried once, nothing to show for it, i started the bounty for the app, its over triple the size i started it at. See the difference?

Yeah, this is definitely good idea but it also shows the Main problem of this coin - community needs to take action for the devs because they refuse to work until they get their BTC back.

I don't see them as refusing, as much as I see them as overwhelmed and feeling convinced that there isn't time for dev right now (some are developing still but are very limited to their available hours).

There is a lot of development ongoing that is just not been commented on public. Yes, that may not have been the best decision in terms of PR as it turns out, and we see we needed to re-structure ourselves and set a new focus.

We decided to focus on the new wallet UI now, to get all the functionality SYS already offers out of the console right into the user's face so to say. It will support all basic functionality of SYS, and we plan to have it released within less than 4 weeks.

All the other items as stated (again) by mwheeleruk are not stopped, we just set highest prio on wallet now.

It is ALWAYS great for a coin if community picks it up and builds services around it. I said already, but perfect example is Bitcoin itself: How many of the available services with BTC are built by the btc foundation / dev team?
Sphericon does a great job with his market, SYYK was an example of mine on what is possible with syscoin tech.
Be creative, and if you cannot code but have ideas on what you want to create, feel free to pm me, I can help coding and/or connect with other dev's (of the community).

Danosphere will update the roadmap later tonight / latest tomorrow to reflect the new focus and new dates for releases.

I love it. This is the reply many of is were waiting for!
kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 05:42:09 PM

I'm still working on  my  .Net desktop version. I hope to have it ready soon as we really need something now to shore up confidence. Will update as I have more info.

Epic!! I'll be at a keyboard pretty often this week (especially today and tomorrow) so I'll be here Smiley just let me know

WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:57:45 PM

Sorry but we are witnessing one of the most epic failures in crypto. And the devs are hoping that they can pick up on that anytime later. Don't they get it that if they won't act NOW it will be too late? This really sucks. Do you really think that if a coin goes sub 20 satoshi it can really grow twentyfold to get back to the ICO price? Syscoin should be lesson for all the devs in crypto how to fuck up good coin.

Look, the dev's priorities have already been decided, nothing we can do. Instead of bitching about the current state of sys, why not contribute to it moving forward. We're obviously working up a pretty nice bounty to get a decentralized app for the decentralized marketplace. You could contribute here by pledging or coding, or you could get creative in other ways.

Its pretty clear the devs arent taking much action (dev wise) until they get their funds. We want action sooner? Then its on us. I cried once, nothing to show for it, i started the bounty for the app, its over triple the size i started it at. See the difference?

Yeah, this is definitely good idea but it also shows the Main problem of this coin - community needs to take action for the devs because they refuse to work until they get their BTC back.

I don't see them as refusing, as much as I see them as overwhelmed and feeling convinced that there isn't time for dev right now (some are developing still but are very limited to their available hours).

We decided to focus on the new wallet UI now, to get all the functionality SYS already offers out of the console right into the user's face so to say. It will support all basic functionality of SYS, and we plan to have it released within less than 4 weeks.

4 Weeks just to update the wallet UI and connect it to code that is already there?  Me thinks you are in an artistic mood after out berry picking with connecting the market code to a website.  It would not appear the rest of the world is running on your clock, at a 90 SAT present market value, do you really think you should bother?  Exactly how long before the SYS following questions if this was planned to fail?  This can't possibly serve as being attractive, so which way will SYS go at market?
kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 06:11:59 PM

4 Weeks just to update the wallet UI and connect it to code that is already there?  Me thinks you are in an artistic mood after out berry picking with connecting the market code to a website.  It would not appear the rest of the world is running on your clock, at a 90 SAT present market value, do you really think you should bother?  Exactly how long before the SYS following questions if this was planned to fail?  This can't possibly serve as being attractive, so which way will SYS go at market?

Whichever way you want to help push it.

Not trying to disregard your concern, but speaking investor to investor, your negativity is not attracting any new money.

john312

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

I do Like what i see. Finally some promising development!
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 07:22:01 PM

Not trying to disregard your concern, but speaking investor to investor, your negativity is not attracting any new money.

Well said kamronk, getting harder and harder to understand his real agenda.
Reading through the past few days posts.......I wonder where some of the posters learned how to be such experts....and if they are ....why don't they go dev their own coin?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 07:41:55 PM

Reading through the past few days posts.......I wonder where some of the posters learned how to be such experts....and if they are ....why don't they go dev their own coin?

I feel like you just hit the nail on the head on how to truly weed out the FUD'ers Smiley

Not trying to claim WORE as a FUD'er, but I haven't seen any positive things at all in a while from him. Everyone is frustrated, even dev's are frustrated, but there are those acting, and those that are bitching. The time to point out whats wrong has come and gone, now it's time to act on what's wrong. No time for anything else, syscoin to the moon!!

kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

i think after ui change in 4 weeks, this coin will be $1/coin

#Dreaming lol

All realities begin in someones dream though Wink

WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:49:44 PM

I feel like you just hit the nail on the head on how to truly weed out the FUD'ers Smiley

Not trying to claim WORE as a FUD'er, but I haven't seen any positive things at all in a while from him. Everyone is frustrated, even dev's are frustrated, but there are those acting, and those that are bitching. The time to point out whats wrong has come and gone, now it's time to act on what's wrong. No time for anything else, syscoin to the moon!!

No agenda, simply disgusted with the development progress, or rather the lack there of and I am seeing competing coins making progress and one of which is working on it anonymously, and that bothers me.
kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 08:00:11 PM

No agenda, simply disgusted with the development progress, or rather the lack there of and I am seeing competing coins making progress and one of which is working on it anonymously, and that bothers me.

Competition will come, that much should be expected. Syscoin has a functional back end to work from, the only other competitor this close to fulfilling the needed service is OpenBazaar BUT I can't even confirm that much as I'm not involved in the Beta. All other coins talking about a decentralized marketplace are still in design phases.

kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

Also posted about the bounty here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/2mle9v/is_a_decentralized_market_being_built_asap_of/

vicvelcro

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:07:38 PM

My contribution has been sent. TXID available by PM if you need it.

Made /r/bitcoin & /r/syscoin posts about the growing bounty:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2mkbpu/bounty_for_decentralized_marketplace_asap/

http://www.reddit.com/r/SysCoin/comments/2mivgx/325000_sys_bounty_for_the_first_desktop/

Up to 434,500 SYS!

Donation address:
Sbm3YdBr6KrEWfCFrNvqLYKHE6Wh8RqQgb

(address will be populated with SYS asap from all contributors, please send your pledge if you have not done so yet)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:09:18 PM

Once we resolve the moolah issue it will be off to the races...
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:18:39 PM

Dude, anything dealing with the courts is going to take years!!!  The only ones who will come out ahead are the lawyers!!

kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 09:30:22 PM

Dude, anything dealing with the courts is going to take years!!!  The only ones who will come out ahead are the lawyers!!

Too true :/

vicvelcro

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:37:31 PM

There is another which has already gone to big-money investors and has over 250 million USD backing it. Should see it on CNN and Fortune this week.
Whitepaper via Google Docs.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Uh1mMX7312d1FteFoxcWIyTFE/view?sle=true

Competition will come, that much should be expected. Syscoin has a functional back end to work from, the only other competitor this close to fulfilling the needed service is OpenBazaar BUT I can't even confirm that much as I'm not involved in the Beta. All other coins talking about a decentralized marketplace are still in design phases.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 09:42:57 PM

There is another which has already gone to big-money investors and has over 250 million USD backing it. Should see it on CNN and Fortune this week.

Hashcoin doesn't have a marketplace though, I'm lost as to it's relevance here :/

vicvelcro

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:45:00 PM

Wasn't talking about the existing Hashcoin. The one referred to in the whitepaper is CODENAMED Hashcoin. The actual name will be released on national media this week.
Take the time to actually read the whitepaper, and don't make assumptions prior to doing so, then you will understand the significance.

Devs here should have a look at it, too.

Hashcoin doesn't have a marketplace though, I'm lost as to it's relevance here :/

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: