Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582897 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kamronk

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 05:18:58 PM

Hey devs,

Is it possible to get my site added anywhere in the OP or on syscoin.org? It's another place to buy some syscoin, with more convenience than anywhere else on the web:
http://buysomesys.com/

Also, any criticism is more than welcome Smiley harsh or not

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kamronk

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 05:54:19 PM

Hey devs,

Is it possible to get my site added anywhere in the OP or on syscoin.org? It's another place to buy some syscoin, with more convenience than anywhere else on the web:
http://buysomesys.com/

Also, any criticism is more than welcome Smiley harsh or not

Or rather, is there anything I could do to get listed on your site and the OP?

shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:55:00 PM

Hi the system team,
don't stop development and lying all the hope and strength solely on the law suit,
Or.....the whole community will lose confidence,
because we can easily conclude, all you care is the IPO money, not the syscoin itself.
And if you can't get the money back, then.....
I know you always claim you never give up syscoin, but that's your own slogan,
we just want to check what you've done, instead of what you have spoken.

Hope the updated roadmap with new timeline won't be broken again.
Or it will hurt the confidence on your team deeply.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
shadowduck

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:02:41 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 01:42:26 AM by shadowduck

Your team does not consist of only one or two guys, but several ones.
It's not acceptable that all of you are dedicated to the law suit.

Or we can have the following possible conclusion(As a big stakeholder, I don't want to see these ones):
1. the team is organised awfully. If so, the coin will be hopeless.
2. actaully some of the members has already quit the team, so when the left are puting all their effort to get money back, no remain human resources to continue the develop.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
kamronk

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 02:19:27 AM

Hi the system team,
don't stop development and lying all the hope and strength solely on the law suit,
because we can easily conclude, all you care is the IPO money, not the syscoin itself.

As much as i (an active community member, and fellow substantial stakeholder) whole heartedly disagree with this, theres no point in dwelling, to each his own opinion, but you misconceived something i assure you

Or we can have the following possible conclusion(As a big stakeholder, I don't want to see these ones):
2. actaully some of the members has already quit the team, so when the left are puting all their effort to get money back, no remain human resources to continue the develop.

1. As a project manager myself speaking to someone who appears to want to critique others management, have you considered how each of the dev's have existing full time jobs, lives (gf's and/or kids), and needs occasional rest (obviously). Also on top of this, check the most recent road map updates, they have alot of finished work being released soon, if nothing was to be released in the next month: i would have to agree with you, but thats not the case. The info is there farther up in the thread.

2. What makes you think someone quit? Who was it? I'm admitting i may have missed something, but im %85 sure youre wrong. Even if someone did quit, they must not have fulfilled a very substantial role, because the development has not stopped. Also even if someone quit, have you seen recently the rise of a number of community members all stepping up and doing something? You say one (may have) left, i can think of atleast 6 usernames off the top of my head that have recently been alot more active/supportive of all resources/talents they have to offer (myself included here)

So, if you have some real information for all us fellow investors, please do some good and share, obviously a number of folks would be effected and would need to be taken into consideration by those of us active/supportive members mentioned above.

Else, GTFO dude

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 02:21:32 AM

Here is the updated roadmap http://syscoin.org/syscoin-0-1-5-1-roadmap-updates-forensics/

WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 03:36:54 AM

Hi the system team,

As much as i (an active community member, and fellow substantial stakeholder) whole heartedly disagree with this, theres no point in dwelling, to each his own opinion, but you misconceived something i assure you

1. As a project manager myself speaking to someone who appears to want to critique others management, have you considered how each of the dev's have existing full time jobs, lives (gf's and/or kids), and needs occasional rest (obviously). Also on top of this, check the most recent road map updates, they have alot of finished work being released soon, if nothing was to be released in the next month: i would have to agree with you, but thats not the case. The info is there farther up in the thread.

2. What makes you think someone quit? Who was it? I'm admitting i may have missed something, but im %85 sure youre wrong. Even if someone did quit, they must not have fulfilled a very substantial role, because the development has not stopped. Also even if someone quit, have you seen recently the rise of a number of community members all stepping up and doing something? You say one (may have) left, i can think of atleast 6 usernames off the top of my head that have recently been alot more active/supportive of all resources/talents they have to offer (myself included here)

So, if you have some real information for all us fellow investors, please do some good and share, obviously a number of folks would be effected and would need to be taken into consideration by those of us active/supportive members mentioned above.

Else, GTFO dude

Nice sentiment, but those that have been watching this coin for a while are privy to what is up.  If you watch Bittrex, you see the bots have no effect, there has been a little confidence regained by the "community" developed app for the market.  Failing the capital for wallet with embedded market and welched upon by obvious crooks of the community, one would think that dev's would put value into their own currency by finishing the wallet.  But that just hasen't happened, so now you understand where the confidence went.  Gov't makes billions investing in stupid people, people that are willing to play stupid for a price...  SYS has no holdings there, for SYS it is sink or swim, and I haven't seen any real advancement in their wallet in terms of feature, so anyone can see where this will go...  -and it is a damned shame...
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 06:07:05 AM

ROADMAP AND DEVELOPMENT

Due to the unexpected legal interruption last week we had to push the delivery dates for our mobile apps and Blockmarket Beta. As strange as it may sound this legal work does involve the entire team and there is little we can do to that end. The roadmap still needs to be updated, the deliveries remain unchanged just the delivery dates are being shifted as such:

Android App: 12/7/2014

Blockmarket Beta: 12/13/2014 or sooner

iOS App: 12/13/2014 or sooner pending Apple approval process

The next big delivery coming from the team will be Syscoin Wallet V2. This is a HUGE milestone for us as it signifies a dramatic shift in how we deliver the wallet experience to end users, and will be different than ANY other coin out there. We are working out best to get this out in ALPHA format as soon as possible, in order to get early feedback, and will release iterative updates from that point forward til we feel it is worthy of the BETA promotion. Realistically based on the roadmap targets above and the recent focus on Syscoin Marketplace services, the alpha V2 wallet will most likely be released towards the end of December 2014. We will keep the community updated as we have more fidelity on that date.

SYSCOIN MARKETPLACE USER INTERFACE

Or See it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzRcu0fxr24

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD [WIN] | Source Code

BCT user (and new IRC OP!) Sphericon has rolled up his sleeves and harnessed the power of the Syscoin Marketplace service API to create and fulfill the bounty offered by /u/kamronkennedy and then added to by the community http://www.reddit.com/r/SysCoin/comments/2mivgx/325000_sys_bounty_for_the_first_desktop/.

Sphericon has not only delivered a working windows marketplace interface but he’s also expanded on the core Syscoin services by introducing fields for images and EIN/UPC data tied to Amazon. We have been talking with Sphericon and other developers who are actively using the Syscoin RPC API and are loving the discussion. Right now features like images and EIN/UPC are not officially supported by Syscoin offers, but now that they are getting some traction we fully plan on implementing whatever fields make sense and the community is requesting. We’re listening!

SYSCOIN PRICE PEG

As the marketplace has seen increased usage many people have stated if they could only list their item in FIAT and get the correct SYS based on the desired FIAT price, that would be the ultimate solution. We recognized the need for this but at the same time did not want to directly implement it into Syscoin-core without seeing how the community felt about it as it implies some level of centralization in that exchange prices are technically a centralized resource, even if you are tapping multiple data source and averaging them.

To that end we’ve built (almost completed) a tool called “SysPricePeg [working name]”. It is essentially an app that runs in the background and talks to exchanges to determine average SYS/[altcoin|fiat] cost. Based on thresholds set by the seller, the application will update your offer to maintain your peg.

For example you have a hat you want to sell for $5USD. You add the item guid and $5USD to SysPricePeg with a 5% (configurable) update threshold. That means anytime the price for SYS/USD changes +/- 5%, the offer will be updated with a new SYS cost which maintains the peg. SysPricePeg will work with fiat currencies as well as other altcoins (Price your item in DRK!). If people find it of value, we will discuss ways to integrate it into Syscoin-core while still keeping the source of data decentralized. This project is about 75% complete as of this writing.

SYSCOIN ESCROW SERVICE

This was a planned feature from launch but there have been some very worthwhile discussion in IRC about this and we plan on applying some of what we discussed in IRC when it comes to implementing escrow within Syscoin. We are looking at 2 forms of escrow- trustless and with arbitration. The trustless escrow is somewhat “known” in that BitHalo already implements a form of this, albeit very rigid. Syscoin’s trustless escrow will be much more flexible and serve as a foundation for implicit seller ratings as well.

“Third party escrow” or “Arbitration” is a different type of escrow which we were not planning on initially but after IRC chats, we have a draft design for this type of service where another Syscoin user would be acting as the arbiter for an escrow between 2 other Syscoin users. This type of escrow is more well-known to most users but also has its difficulties in a pure p2p network. The working idea is that Syscoin users could register as arbiters but would require a certain deposit of SYS to act as an arbiter. They would be paid a small % of the escrowed amounts as incentive for arbitration, we even discussed different tiers of arbiters based on the amount of SYS they deposit too. Suggestions welcome! This is very much an evolving design at this stage.

SYSCOIN 0.1.5.1 RELEASED!!

With so much going on you thought we were done? Nope! Sphericon found some small bugs in the marketplace service when he got his UI up and running so we wanted to be quick to address them, and we now have! This is not a mandatory update, but if you are not already on Syscoin 0.1.5 it is strongly suggested you update immediately.

DOWNLOAD SYSCOIN V0.1.5.1 NOW!

Syscoin 0.1.5.1 Windows
Syscoin 0.1.5.1 Mac
Syscoin 0.1.5.1 Github

If you like what we’re doing, and you support honest crypto teams trying to make an impact in this space I strongly encourage you to donate (BTC) to our legal fund, all proceeds go towards recovering the 750btc lost from our escrow fund by those managing it. We dox’d ourselves prior to launching the coin. We’ve been very transparent with the community, even in our missteps. The sooner we can recover our funds not only the faster we can move, but the we can finally be done with the “Moolah saga” and move on to more important initiatives related to Syscoin and Digital Currency in general.

If you support what we’re doing and feel there should be accountability in crypto when thousands of BTC suddenly go “missing cause of bug” please donate to our legal fund – 17DoGVyLwWQBwmCYUn14QXQowvoAKXqBpE.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:42:41 AM

These Trolls just wont give up eh!!!?

Anyone up for getting some Syscoin metal capsule coins and Sys metal wallets made?? If theres enough interest im sure it could be done for 100 or even 50. Im happy 2 help organise if there is interest. I know id get a couple of wallets and 4 or 5 coins.

edit: i see metal wallets were included in the ipo goodies. Is there anyway to still buy these now???

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:20:02 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 08:31:56 AM by Zebedee23

found some SYS market's not on the OP, https://empoex.com/trade/SYS-BTC  , https://betasharex.com/trade/SYS/BTC , https://crypthal.com/?p=8&q=1 , https://www.vaultex.io/market/14

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
shadowduck

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:37:33 PM

Hi the system team,

Else, GTFO dude

Did you really got what I meant?
The logic of my comment is: if the team put all their effort on the law suit without development, then the conclusion in the "Or...." part would stand.

No one know how long the law suit will last, if the development stalled during the period, isn't the coin destined to die?

My **hope** is that the law suit just slow down the development rather than stop it.

-----
And, please come down, and don't say the F*CK words in the thread, it's no good for the coin.
As for me, the source codes of syscoin even have several patches from me, so I actually contribute more than most ones in this thread.

shadowduck

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:39:54 PM

Android App: 12/7/2014
====
Already 12/6 now.
I'am watching tightly whether the schedule will be broken AGAIN.

cryyptc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 05:09:07 PM

the legal battle is useless.. you really think you have a chance of getting 700 bitcoins back? :-) keep dreaming.. this ongoing court case demonstrates your team failing on conducting proper due dilligence.. man up and move along  ... jmho
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 05:17:10 PM

the legal battle is useless.. you really think you have a chance of getting 700 bitcoins back? :-) keep dreaming.. this ongoing court case demonstrates your team failing on conducting proper due dilligence.. man up and move along  ... jmho

Glad to have you with the syscoin community noobie  Cheesy

They are... Here is a little info on how its about to end https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2227522

cryyptc

Activity: 98

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:01:35 PM

the legal battle is useless.. you really think you have a chance of getting 700 bitcoins back? :-) keep dreaming.. this ongoing court case demonstrates your team failing on conducting proper due dilligence.. man up and move along  ... jmho

Glad to have you with the syscoin community noobie  Cheesy

They are... Here is a little info on how its about to end https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2227522

that prooves is the syscoin camp fully trusted this Ryan Kennedy guy with over a quarter of a million dollars for a "coin" that was not even coded yet!? Besises even if you do get something back, there is no obligation to share any of that with current coin holders or whatever.. so what is the point?    :-)   all it does is make the communty look amaturish ~ jmo
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 06:06:42 PM

Glad to have you with the syscoin community noobie  Cheesy

that prooves is the syscoin camp fully trusted this Ryan Kennedy guy with over a quarter of a million dollars for a "coin" that was not even coded yet!? Besises even if you do get something back, there is no obligation to share any of that with current coin holders or whatever.. so what is the point?    :-)   all it does is make the communty look amaturish ~ jmo

IEO "In everyone opinion" Noobie accounts are usually created by trolls and no one listens to them. Be a man come with your main account and then lets chat till then have a nice day  Wink

Ganrom

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:37:45 PM

Still waiting for my Sys hat.
Same here... why dev didn't configured a confirmation mail when goodies are shipped? Right now, don't know if they got my request, if it was shipped, or even if they bought more than they showed on the picture... :S Huh Angry

We didn't receive anything either but I'm patient enough for now. The debs have enough on their hands, don't you think?
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:08:52 AM

Thanks for the continued support we will update with the progress that's been made over the past week and the testing of new features. Sundays are always an 'update' day for the syscoin team, as for the comments in relation to ' don't give up ' etc they won't be addressed as we have stated a thousand times within this thread, no one is giving up.

Thanks all, speak soon.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:02:31 PM

Why not put the Syscoin Marketplace ranking system right on the Syscoin blockchain using data aliases?  

Syscoin data aliases  have some unique and powerful features. Data on the blockchain is essentially “broadcast” to the entire network in one confirmation, with the “dataupdate” command in the console, and viewable by all using the “datainfo” command.

Yet control of the data is restricted to one syscoin address at a time.

This makes for some potentially elegant solutions to some thorny problems, such as this one - how to publicly rank merchants in the marketplace, but authenticate the data and prevent spam.

Let us say I purchase a widget from sphericon and want to submit a ranking of that transaction. I can update my ranking data alias (lets call it “my_reviews”) with the buyer’s and seller’s addressees, the transaction ID, and my ranking score for that transaction.  This is done right in the marketplace client. If a sufficient number of buyers did this after each purchase, the client would be able to query the blockchain to both authenticate the validity of the scores submitted, and display the score next to the seller in the client.

So I think it makes perfect sense to store a ranking for a particular user in the blockchain using the Syscoin alias system.  We could come up with some custom properties in the data alias (AKA "seller profile") that could be referenced in other data aliases (AKA "user review"), not unlike a SQL database join. This could either be programmed into the marketplace or could be implemented into the Syscoin wallet at some point like you were suggesting.

The other option would be to create a website that allows users to rate specific addresses (sellers) like yelp. The problem would be that this data is centralized and therefore could be tampered with.

The truly honest solution would be to store any ratings in the blockchain. You would potentially get the problem of spam/defamation, but with a small cost of SYS to post, you could eliminate any large amount of spam.

My Proposal:

Buy an item, and then after receiving, create a new data alias:
Code:
syscoind datanew "/rating/[syscoin address or alias of seller]/[transaction of purchase]/[positive or negative boolean value]"

This would be part of the "rating" dataset, and would reference both the seller's Syscoin address/alias as well as the transaction of the specific accepted purchase. There should only be a way to rate a seller on an item that the user has actually purchased. The rating would be a "good" or "bad" value, stored as 'true/false' in the data alias name.

After creation, the user could attach data to this rating:

Code:
syscoind dataactivate < dataName > < guid > [ < txid > ] < filename > < data >

The key part here is the "data" portion. this can store a base64-encoded chunk of data with a maximum size of 256kB. I'm thinking this could be used for a low-resolution picture, either showing a picture of the item with a hand drawn username or some other proof that this is a legit transaction. This would be optional of course, but could serve to further validate the seller as well as buyer. Additionally, if this "data" element was further encoded, we could split it out into multiple pieces of information, such as a picture and a comment.

Once this has been completed, a user or application could simply query the data aliases on the blockchain using the datafilter command:

Code:
syscoind datafilter < regexp >

The regex could look for anything with the "/rating/address" chunk in the name and then do some sort of percent calculation of feedback, as well as return a list of comments associated with the data.  This could then be used to show ratings for a user in a completely distributed fashion. Clearly the code is too complex to be used by your average user to actually rate a user, but an app could be developed to handle the back-end stuff. A full list of the data commands is here if people are interested in researching further/other methods to do this.

Thoughts?

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:20:44 PM

Why not put the Syscoin Marketplace ranking system right on the Syscoin blockchain using data aliases?  

Syscoin data aliases  have some unique and powerful features. Data on the blockchain is essentially “broadcast” to the entire network in one confirmation, with the “dataupdate” command in the console, and viewable by all using the “datainfo” command.

Yet control of the data is restricted to one syscoin address at a time.

This makes for some potentially elegant solutions to some thorny problems, such as this one - how to publicly rank merchants in the marketplace, but authenticate the data and prevent spam.

Let us say I purchase a widget from sphericon and want to submit a ranking of that transaction. I can update my ranking data alias (lets call it “my_reviews”) with the buyer’s and seller’s addressees, the transaction ID, and my ranking score for that transaction.  This is done right in the marketplace client. If a sufficient number of buyers did this after each purchase, the client would be able to query the blockchain to both authenticate the validity of the scores submitted, and display the score next to the seller in the client.

So I think it makes perfect sense to store a ranking for a particular user in the blockchain using the Syscoin alias system.  We could come up with some custom properties in the data alias (AKA "seller profile") that could be referenced in other data aliases (AKA "user review"), not unlike a SQL database join. This could either be programmed into the marketplace or could be implemented into the Syscoin wallet at some point like you were suggesting.

The other option would be to create a website that allows users to rate specific addresses (sellers) like yelp. The problem would be that this data is centralized and therefore could be tampered with.

The truly honest solution would be to store any ratings in the blockchain. You would potentially get the problem of spam/defamation, but with a small cost of SYS to post, you could eliminate any large amount of spam.

My Proposal:

Buy an item, and then after receiving, create a new data alias:
Code:
syscoind datanew "/rating/[syscoin address or alias of seller]/[transaction of purchase]/[positive or negative boolean value]"

This would be part of the "rating" dataset, and would reference both the seller's Syscoin address/alias as well as the transaction of the specific accepted purchase. There should only be a way to rate a seller on an item that the user has actually purchased. The rating would be a "good" or "bad" value, stored as 'true/false' in the data alias name.

After creation, the user could attach data to this rating:

Code:
syscoind dataactivate < dataName > < guid > [ < txid > ] < filename > < data >

The key part here is the "data" portion. this can store a base64-encoded chunk of data with a maximum size of 256kB. I'm thinking this could be used for a low-resolution picture, either showing a picture of the item with a hand drawn username or some other proof that this is a legit transaction. This would be optional of course, but could serve to further validate the seller as well as buyer. Additionally, if this "data" element was further encoded, we could split it out into multiple pieces of information, such as a picture and a comment.

Once this has been completed, a user or application could simply query the data aliases on the blockchain using the datafilter command:

Code:
syscoind datafilter < regexp >

The regex could look for anything with the "/rating/address" chunk in the name and then do some sort of percent calculation of feedback, as well as return a list of comments associated with the data.  This could then be used to show ratings for a user in a completely distributed fashion. Clearly the code is too complex to be used by your average user to actually rate a user, but an app could be developed to handle the back-end stuff. A full list of the data commands is here if people are interested in researching further/other methods to do this.

Thoughts?

I like it... but you probably want a neutral position if they aren't positive or negative.. which won't weigh the overall, a positive would be +1 and a negative would be -1 which we can add/subtract to get final feedback.

The ability to tie in the purchase transaction is key.. the transaction has to be one that you made and hasn't had feedback yet... then you can give feedback after an order has been made at any time in the future.

The cool thing I did with aliases is.. if you type in a syscoin address to search it will also search it as an alias if that syscoin address isn't valid. If the address is valid it assumes that is what you want to search. This is for any command that takes in a syscoin address(alias is also valid in any of these cases).. so it doesn't even matter if you use aliases or addresses technically but its better to follow convention and using aliases is probably more usable for a search feature like this.

Usually ppl using our services would have an alias registered. We should make the language as such to sway people to use aliases everywhere.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: