Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UPDATE][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System  (Read 169229 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:18:15 PM

No need to rush another exchange.  Moolah will add in time.   Bittrex has been doing nearly 10 times daily volume than mint, only thing keeping mint volume breathing has been dark.  Supernet is intellectually interesting, however the token release was botched which underscores the rush to market and it seems more like an etf now than the actual realization of a 'supernet'.  Obviously time will tell if the ideas behind SN will come to fruition, however I'm personally choosing the cautious route as an open ended high priced ipo is the only visible proof of what SN is.

SuperNet-ICO is a big mess. Glad, I didn't buy. Don't seem to be well planned/organized. And, therefore nobody seem to know the total-amount all who want to buy will get what they want. I expect, that it will be much cheaper after the ICO... and this mess is not necessarily great PR.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:40:54 PM

mint pal just posted their requirements to be listed on their exchange and one of them is the coin has to be at least 28 days old then the development team needs to request a review and that takes 7 days and then another 7 days to be listed if it meets requirements ...

so we have a little issue... there one way around this, we can pay a 5 btc fee to be reviewed and listed within 24hrs... I'm thinking this would be a 5 btc well spent, maybe we can raise it in donations from the community and two turtle can help out maybe ?

what do you guys think, I'm going to bed but just throwing that out there...

also syntaks, what are your thoughts on the superNET , sounds extremely interesting, maybe we should consider joining and being a part of that considering it changes nothing for neos core properties. just another thought , if any one wants to know what super net is look into it, there will be at least 100 coins using supernet, and neos has a unique anon feature that I'm sure super net would love to have aboard..

what are your thoughts?

I think, that this shouldn't be necessary. Mintpal will add Neos because it has a constant high Volume. They would benefit. And 5 BTC for a review... in my eyes that is in the near of "rip off". I won't pay for such a "business model".
RedZeppelin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:48:47 PM

I think, that this shouldn't be necessary. Mintpal will add Neos because it has a constant high Volume. They would benefit. And 5 BTC for a review... in my eyes that is in the near of "rip off". I won't pay for such a "business model".

Exchanges will realize that it will be benefical for them to add NEOS soon enough anyway, no need to cash up 5BTC..

SuperNet-ICO is a big mess. Glad, I didn't buy. Don't seem to be well planned/organized. And, therefore nobody seem to know the total-amount all who want to buy will get what they want. I expect, that it will be much cheaper after the ICO... and this mess is not necessarily great PR.

NEOS joining superNET, no thanks!

Kahir - Scamming dev of Rebirthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798159.msg8977686#msg8977686 gets a free happy meal!!
MinerMario

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:13:08 PM

Exchanges will realize that it will be benefical for them to add NEOS soon enough anyway, no need to cash up 5BTC..

Have to agree. I read through the Supernet thread and it is indeed a hot mess. No need to risk this coins value by binding it to a messy ICO.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:22:15 PM

mint pal just posted their requirements to be listed on their exchange and one of them is the coin has to be at least 28 days old then the development team needs to request a review and that takes 7 days and then another 7 days to be listed if it meets requirements ...

so we have a little issue... there one way around this, we can pay a 5 btc fee to be reviewed and listed within 24hrs... I'm thinking this would be a 5 btc well spent, maybe we can raise it in donations from the community and two turtle can help out maybe ?

also syntaks, what are your thoughts on the superNET , sounds extremely interesting, maybe we should consider joining and being a part of that considering it changes nothing for neos core properties. just another thought , if any one wants to know what super net is look into it, there will be at least 100 coins using supernet, and neos has a unique anon feature that I'm sure super net would love to have aboard..

what are your thoughts?

My thoughts on that are this: it's bogus.  Paying 5BTC to list a coin whose community wants it there, which shows interest and almost guaranteed volume is wrong.  Community demand should be the only reason a coin is added in my opinion.  That's like paying a store to put up a rack of the ugliest clothes you'd never buy, just to do it.  We'll go where we're wanted, that's for sure.  However, where there's potential for substantial trade fees to be made and a strong community demand - I don't see any reason for a fee.  Considering the fee mentioned basically contradicts the other stipulations to the tune of validating a coin in the best interest of the people.  A scam coin, paid to be listed doesn't make it any less of a scam.  It just means less liability for the exchange because the "terms" were met to validate the coin's existence and trustworthiness.  Sorry, but the only way you're going to hear it from me is blunt and I'm not liking a lot of what I'm seeing lately.

Sincerely,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:23:52 PM

Hey twoturtles, what is your local time? Is it sunday where you are yet?

Saturday 14:17

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:24:09 PM

what are your thoughts?

5 BTC!? Really? Wow! Is this idiot tax, or what? Considering they make a profit on every trade, they should be chasing and paying developers, not the other way around. This looks like an insult to the developer and the community. Personally, I will not take part in any crowd funding for Neos listing on any crypto trading site. Not now, not ever. It seems these “elitists” developed a rash and phobia to new coins, especially the ones that are capable of delivering innovation. I think their brain-fog is caused by their Bitcoin bloated guts. I have seen this behavior in too many businesses to recognize the self-destructive patterns of a “selective” salesman. Good luck Mintpal! You are going to need it!

I couldn't have said it any better than this. +1

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:24:40 PM

Have to agree. I read through the Supernet thread and it is indeed a hot mess. No need to risk this coins value by binding it to a messy ICO.

Unification of some altcoins has it's merits though. It's a shortcut to wide distribution and large capitalization.

Figuring out how to reconcile the long PoW coins with ones where the PoW is complete, as well as the PoS with the non-PoS coins will be difficult.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:25:29 PM

We will not be joining.  We will continue to do things the same way we've been - our own, whacked out-of-the-box, strange and weird approach. =)

evoked22

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:33:21 PM

Twitter
https://twitter.com/ev0k3d/status/508321056109903872

Article
http://www.coinssource.com/neoscoin-coinssource-interview/

Thank you community and syntaks for your time. Hope to see more great stuff!

Cheers +1

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
MinerMario

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:35:04 PM

what are your thoughts?

My thoughts on that are this: it's bogus.  Paying 5BTC to list a coin whose community wants it there, which shows interest and almost guaranteed volume is wrong.  Community demand should be the only reason a coin is added in my opinion.  That's like paying a store to put up a rack of the ugliest clothes you'd never buy, just to do it.  We'll go where we're wanted, that's for sure.  However, where there's potential for substantial trade fees to be made and a strong community demand - I don't see any reason for a fee.  Considering the fee mentioned basically contradicts the other stipulations to the tune of validating a coin in the best interest of the people.  A scam coin, paid to be listed doesn't make it any less of a scam.  It just means less liability for the exchange because the "terms" were met to validate the coin's existence and trustworthiness.  Sorry, but the only way you're going to hear it from me is blunt and I'm not liking a lot of what I'm seeing lately.

Sincerely,

syntaks

You don't have it wrong and blunt is better. Everyone is this game is looking to eat, that should be obvious. It doesn't mean that all caution and common sense should be thrown out the window though.

Look at that 5 BTC "fee" there. That is close to $2500.00 USD. I work in IT and I know that I can let my on staff programmers validate the code for less than $50.00 USD an hour. That the exchange needs to put the code on their servers and set it up is just the cost of doing business to rake their fees on the trades. That expense should not be paid by the coin.

$2500.00 USD is a scam. They will make plenty trading the coin, the listing "fee" is just icing on the cake and completely unnecessary.

I would never pay it. Doesn't look like you will either.

Good.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:35:44 PM

what are your thoughts?

Agree completely can't wait for version 2 of the wallet drive on Neos!

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:42:16 PM

what are your thoughts?

Agree completely can't wait for version 2 of the wallet drive on Neos!

Me either but I just added more to yak's workload! =)  v2's block explorer is built into the wallet and works directly off of your already-running Neos wallet.  No need to visit an external site or rely on it if you choose not to.  I modified it too to show the algo for the block as well on the explorer.

Best regards,

syntaks

sony87

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

After reading the interview in Coin Source i'm confident what our Dev want - a success like Karmacoin, a bright future, a strong community.
I believe on his words till now on 99.99% so keep the good work mate, the 0.001% is reserved for let's say - "a bad joke" Wink

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:51:36 PM

Twitter
https://twitter.com/ev0k3d/status/508321056109903872

Article

Thank you community and syntaks for your time. Hope to see more great stuff!

Cheers +1

It was all my pleasure.  Thanks for even caring enough to take the time out =)

Sincerely,

syntaks

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:05:43 PM

Great Article! Now I understand Arbitrush better. And if I'm right it's much greater than I thought first. Everybody should read it!

darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:56:08 PM

is there a faucet ??
pentoto

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:01:16 PM

qu'est ce que je vous disais, ça décolle pas, c'est pas avec juste un wallet original que cette pièce va battre des records !
un peut de sérieux.
déception !
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:16:29 PM

The "Mintpal-Review-Fee" has decreased about 50%. Cheesy

"A review fee of 2.5 BTC is paid."
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/06/mintpal-v2-policies-on-addition-removal-verified-markets-and-ico-escrows/
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:27:14 PM

The "Mintpal-Review-Fee" has decreased about 50%. Cheesy

"A review fee of 2.5 BTC is paid."
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/06/mintpal-v2-policies-on-addition-removal-verified-markets-and-ico-escrows/
hey sorry just woke up...

ya thats just a term for if any coin wants to be rushed in, but i agree with what everyone is saying...  Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: