Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:58:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:45:35 AM

Right now the Gems protocol is built to reward Gems users that introduce new users to the Gems network and also reward users for texting (not reward spamming - the technical details will be published before the release).

does anyone think the Gems protocol should reward more things? - Would love to get some feedback on this important point.

Clicking on Ads (the advertisers will like that).

But, you should be able to PAY gems to avoid ads as well, which will help pay for the network.

The second you'll have to pay to avoid ads no one will use it. People like to get things free first. After you get a decent amount of users you can then dream about getting them to use the features.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:46:53 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 05:34:21 PM by peled1986

gems is a very worthwhile investment projects.

Chinese investors are welcome to join GEMS QQ group: 324155359

Thank you susu for opening the QQ group!
I agree that Gems should interest buyers worldwide.
we will start a translation bounty campaign soon Smiley
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:48:40 AM

Right now the Gems protocol is built to reward Gems users that introduce new users to the Gems network and also reward users for texting (not reward spamming - the technical details will be published before the release).

does anyone think the Gems protocol should reward more things? - Would love to get some feedback on this important point.

Clicking on Ads (the advertisers will like that).

But, you should be able to PAY gems to avoid ads as well, which will help pay for the network.

The second you'll have to pay to avoid ads no one will use it. People like to get things free first. After you get a decent amount of users you can then dream about getting them to use the features.

We agree with mishax1 on this.
The default is an ads free app. People that want to receive unsolicited messages and get paid Gems directly from advertisers can opt it.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:56:46 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 05:35:17 PM by peled1986

Just wanted to throw this out there. I notice that the IOS from Twitter feed is in an "Advanced stage" I wonder if you would be wise if it's nearly done to push it out in the next few weeks. (If possible) and leave the Android version to be done a short while after. the reason being that NXTTY is releasing their IOS in 3 weeks. having the boasting rights to be first to market may prove important.

Just an idea. (If possible)

thanks rabbiter for your advice - that is actually our plan. We will release the iOS version first. (duplicating it to Android will take only about 3 weeks more).

we don't see NXTTY as a direct competition, NXTTY is a much more nxt oriented app - we are aiming for the whole bitcoin community.
Gems success - > will help Bitcoin mass adoption ->  will help all Altcoins indirectly.

We think its great that NXTTY is all ready on $ 8,064,800 Marketcap it highlights Gems potential  Wink

small "biased" comparison between the two apps is above and here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8594258#msg8594258
catecoco

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:59:24 AM

could we get gem by palying games ?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:04:21 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 05:35:52 PM by peled1986

could we get gem by palying games ?

We have plans for games in the future. But it will take time and we can't commit to anything.
Our top priority goal is to launch a successful messaging app with a built in crypto wallet that is viral and easy to use.
susu

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:06:44 AM

gems is a very worthwhile investment projects.

Chinese investors are welcome to join GEMS QQ group: 324155359

Thank you susu for opening the QQ group!
I agree that Gems should interest investors worldwide.
we will start a translation bounty campaign soon Smiley
I applied to participate in the Chinese translation, we have a team.

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:35:53 AM

4) There are two ways to register to the Gems app. The "anonymous route" (register will be similar to skype) and the "normal route" (register will be similar to WhatsApp). Each route has its advantages, crypto users I am sure will prefer to stay completely anonymous and will have an easy way to contact their anonymous friends (much easier than bitcointalk PMs I think Wink) but they will have to add them one by one. While other users that don't mind exposing their phone number to their friends, will help the Gems network grow much faster because the app will have access to their contact list (like in WhatsApp) and thus connecting them to friends that are all ready using the app will be done instantly.

This one bothers me, it might be somehow confusing for the users trying the app for the first time, not many users will choose the anon path, and if they do they won't be able to contact the people that chose the "normal" path (and please correct me if i'm wrong here..).
If possible, I would do it otherwise.  I would allow anon mode within the normal mode, kinda like incognito mode in chrome, that would take you to a different screen/mode (imagine it's black Smiley) where I could send anon to anon only(or not?) messages, (after adding other a user to the anon contact list inside the app).  That anon mode should be protected by a password of course.

In other words, will I be able to register both modes and switch between them instantly without exiting the app itself and still be protected anonymously ?

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:43:16 AM

4) There are two ways to register to the Gems app. The "anonymous route" (register will be similar to skype) and the "normal route" (register will be similar to WhatsApp). Each route has its advantages, crypto users I am sure will prefer to stay completely anonymous and will have an easy way to contact their anonymous friends (much easier than bitcointalk PMs I think Wink) but they will have to add them one by one. While other users that don't mind exposing their phone number to their friends, will help the Gems network grow much faster because the app will have access to their contact list (like in WhatsApp) and thus connecting them to friends that are all ready using the app will be done instantly.

This one bothers me, it might be somehow confusing for the users trying the app for the first time, not many users will choose the anon path, and if they do they won't be able to contact the people that chose the "normal" path (and please correct me if i'm wrong here..).
If possible, I would do it otherwise.  I would allow anon mode within the normal mode, kinda like incognito mode in chrome, that would take you to a different screen/mode (imagine it's black Smiley) where I could send anon to anon only(or not?) messages, (after adding other a user to the anon contact list inside the app).  That anon mode should be protected by a password of course.

In other words, will I be able to register both modes and switch between them instantly without exiting the app itself and still be protected anonymously ?

mishax1 that's an AWESOME idea!
we want to do registration as simple as possible, your suggestion is super clever.
your suggestion and question was forwarded to our CTO.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:08:54 PM

נהדר!

I might have some other suggestions up my sleeve..   Wink

For example, getting bonus gems for having more contacts(confirmed and active) and not only by invitation, since invites will usually work for a few close friends, family and scams only..

But you will have to provide some cool features for the users to spend their gems on. Smiley
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:34:38 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 01:53:28 PM by peled1986

נהדר!

I might have some other suggestions up my sleeve..   Wink

This is the exact reason for PRE-ANN, hearing feedback and suggestions from the community!

But you will have to provide some cool features for the users to spend their gems on. Smiley

cool features will be added over time.

It is important to point out again that unlike most crypto coins which are mostly built on price speculation, Gems have actual inherent value, which are the users them selves. The main attraction to the currency will be driven by 1) user growth and 2) text usage. As these two figures grow the demand to buy Gems in the market by advertisers will grow.

Its a genuine economical mechanism.

nemcoins

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:06:19 PM

Crypto Shoppers is now offering Gems shirts.  Worldwide shipping available.  Pay in up to a dozen cryptos.  Soon we will be accepting Gems!

http://cryptoshoppers.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20

whether prozcoin  is a scam, is this a dead coin?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:51:28 PM

Crypto Shoppers is now offering Gems shirts.  Worldwide shipping available.  Pay in up to a dozen cryptos.  Soon we will be accepting Gems!

http://cryptoshoppers.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20

Hope the community likes the designs Smiley
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:10:35 AM

GEMS White Paper Announcement

We have put a lot of thought into Gems White Paper.

It's a work in progress and everything can still change. Would love to hear feedback from the community.

p.s: we are working on terminology changes right now.
robinf

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:33:28 AM

I am becoming more like this project as more details are disclosed. Development team is very positive. Project information is transparent. This is a good situation.

About Gems, I hope that developers can product stability first. Then is the ease of use and a variety of cool features.

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:29:16 AM

Problem is so many apps are already doing this, the gem thing might not be enough of a gimmick to pull anyone new in. I know kids already using 3-4 chat apps and you only need to check out the App Store to see the hundreds of failed chat apps.

Is there any difference between GEMS with these apps?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:00:53 AM

It is so great to see innovation! Can't wait for the public sell.  Smiley

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:07:30 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 07:29:35 AM by peled1986

I am becoming more like this project as more details are disclosed. Development team is very positive. Project information is transparent. This is a good situation.

About Gems, I hope that developers can product stability first. Then is the ease of use and a variety of cool features.

The community is the most important part in any decentralized crypto project - Transparency is important.

Product stability is the top goal in our opinion.

It is so great to see innovation! Can't wait for the public sell.  Smiley
It's just around the corner  Wink
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:28:30 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 02:05:03 PM by peled1986

Problem is so many apps are already doing this, the gem thing might not be enough of a gimmick to pull anyone new in. I know kids already using 3-4 chat apps and you only need to check out the App Store to see the hundreds of failed chat apps.

Is there any difference between GEMS with these apps?

Please mention 1 messaging app that has:

- viral p2p incentive model to invite friends.
- built in advertisersing model - unsolicited messaging cost Gems, creating inherent demand and value.
- Be as anonymous as you desire. Communications are always encrypted.
- built in Gems/Bitcoin wallet - username is an alias to the gems address, making sending & receiving gems and bitcoins between users as easy as sending an SMS to your friend.

If the community helps us and this app goes viral, Gems & Bitcoin will reach hounders thousands if not million of new users. This can potentially  scare the shit out of normal centralized "greedy" apps that want to use our content for their own profits.

@nextgencoin, please understand that our model is truly a revolutionary approach using blockchain technology advantages to "Take Back Social".

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:44:07 AM

So this coin won't take off without a lot of evangelizing for the app...hmm.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: