Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:24:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
CryptoBillboard

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:12:24 AM

There has been nearly 2000 entries. There are over 20 ways to get entries for the contest.  We are giving away 3 Gems shirts and 500 people will get vouchers for Gems. http://cryptoshoppers.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=84

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:24:22 AM

That is a correct valuation for a mobile social app - they consider things like subscription fees and hypothetical revenue like advertising.

but GEMs is more than just a social messaging app, it's also an underlining 2.0 crypto currency.  Lower estimates of Bitcoin is that it has 500,000 users and yet it had a peak capitalization of $16-$18 billion this last December.  So if there is 10,000 to 100,000 people using GEMs then the capitalization would be in the hundreds of millions to low billions.

Of course saying these numbers is easier than attaining those numbers.  The main critical issue behind crypto currency and alternates is educating future users to use your coin / service / app.

We agree. lowering the barrier for new people to enter the bitcoin ecosystem and rewarding users for "inviting / educating" their friends to download the app so they can also enjoy the innovation bitcoin and blockchain technology brought to this world are key features Gems was built around.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:14:01 AM

Cool video.

I see a lot of potential for this chat app / cryptocurrency. Getting paid crypto for using a replacement for whatsapp, now there's a strong incentive to download and share.

I have an idea for a feature.

Could you add a function to see on a local map ( witin 10k or so ) who's also online and sharing their location ? That way you could use it as a way to find people who want to sell or buy bitcoin ( or gem ).
I could imagine all kinds of uses for that feature. Maybe we can make a list of funny ones Smiley

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:32:22 AM

When will ICO begins, is there a timetable?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:52:33 AM

I'd like to know when the Gems app will launch on the appstore. Beating Nxxty is paramount. First movers always win, at least in the short term.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:55:18 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 11:13:33 AM by peled1986

Cool video.

Altcoin Agent has done great work on the Gems video in a reasonably short time frame. We can't speak highly enough of him, genuinely trustworthy person!

I see a lot of potential for this chat app / cryptocurrency. Getting paid crypto for using a replacement for whatsapp, now there's a strong incentive to download and share.

I have an idea for a feature.

Could you add a function to see on a local map ( witin 10k or so ) who's also online and sharing their location ? That way you could use it as a way to find people who want to sell or buy bitcoin ( or gem ).
I could imagine all kinds of uses for that feature. Maybe we can make a list of funny ones Smiley

We are working on the core functions right now.

Simplicity is a very important to us but it will be cool to make a list of future possible features   Smiley

I'd like to know when the Gems app will launch on the appstore. Beating Nxxty is paramount. First movers always win, at least in the short term.
We don't think beating Nxtty to the app store is an important goal. Our targeted market and economical model completely different.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:01:17 AM

Hey Peled1986 what about a Road Map??
didn't follow when is the IPO, Wallet release and the App release

When will ICO begins, is there a timetable?

We are working closely with our Law and Tax firms to make sure the Gems public sell has no regulatory issues.
Will update asap.
cryptovalues

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 11:04:11 AM

Is it going to be a cryptocurrency on top of messaging system or just a messaging system?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:04:48 AM

Well beating Nxtty to the store isn't really possible as it sounds like they could be days from being on the app store.  I would ignore the bought (fake) likes / comments on Nxtty's facebook.

There's arguably no first mover in digital currencies, anyway.  Even Bitcoin is only used by 500K-2M when the internet back in 1988 had more users.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:10:20 AM

Is it going to be a cryptocurrency on top of messaging system or just a messaging system?

cryptocurrency + messaging system.

Well beating Nxtty to the store isn't really possible as it sounds like they could be days from being on the app store.  I would ignore the bought (fake) likes / comments on Nxtty's facebook.
There's arguably no first mover in digital currencies, anyway.  Even Bitcoin is only used by 500K-2M when the internet back in 1988 had more users.

We agree.
Altcoin Agent

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:51:44 AM

Posting this again in case someone misses it :

Check it out, it's a good way to get up to speed on the great benefits this app is going to offer.
And while you're at it, re-tweet this tweet to help give GEMS maximum exposure : https://twitter.com/altcoinagent/status/513670702663471104

thanks Wink

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 01:40:21 PM

We were fortunate to be able to conduct a small interview with Daniel Peled about GEMS :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/gems-the-whatsapp-competitor-with-bitcoin-20-technology-interview-with-daniel-peled
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:16:15 PM

how do you attract an user base in the tens or hundred of millions to build that big $billions capitalization?

I believe it will be investors' and users' concern who should be interested to see growth of their investment. Well, and marketing staff of the apps too, of course. This is all uncharted waters, but it doesn't look like big companies have a very large competitive edge. They have a temporary one, but nothing is guaranteed, just look at the news of all these nude photos of celebs, big companies lose a lot of credibility and these crypto messaging apps are right on time to fill that gap.

Right...Encryptation will be a huge selling point, especially if you can integrate encrypted video chat therein.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:17:55 PM

Even cryptos aren't really mainstream yet.  Dot.com was $7 trillion and 2% of the world's population was using the internet in the late 1990s.  2% of the world population today is 150 million (although the population has grown by a billion).

Did you know the internet back in 1990 had 3 million users?  

I'm not sure how many were using it in the late 1980s but I imagine probably more than 2 million, so cryptos right now is like the internet in 1986-1989

Wow...and here I was hung on the internet-in-1994 analogy. Thanks for the new perspective: I've been so long in this here echo chamber, I still keep thinking of myself as a late adopter. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

gems is a very worthwhile investment projects.
Chinese investors are welcome to join GEMS QQ group: 324155359
Chinese thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=788051.msg8882388#msg8882388

click on the GIF to see the video!

Introduction
The beauty of recent developments based on the innovative Bitcoin technology is that they allow the public to claim control over previously centralized endeavours. By creating automated, trustless interactions over the network, we can now build systems that do not require concentrated power to maintain order in. Rather, the power is spread throughout the network and is left in our hands, the active participants in it.

The Bitcoin revolution has brought us control over our money. In this position of control, we are its owners and we decide what to do with it, uninhibited by the interests of those in positions of great influence. Here at Gems, we are attempting to do the same, only with the basic communication method of the Information Age - text messaging.

Current IM applications, such as Skype or WhatsApp, use the information you provide to them for their own benefit. They maintain huge databases characterizing you and your behavior in an attempt to profit from it. From the networks that you create with your friends and family.
In this unique point in time, we are able to take this power from them, and keep the value we create in our networks to ourselves.

By disconnecting the application from its current axiom of generating revenue for its corporate owner, we can move development in the direction of supporting the network and its users. It becomes an ever-evolving social product, shaped to facilitate our need and desire to communicate.

About
The primary goal of Gems is to make it easy for millions of people to adopt bitcoin and own the networks we build.
Read more about how Gems is going to reclaime social networks from the control of traditional establishments.

Gems is a new 2nd generation cryptocurrency powered by Counterparty. The platform is built on top of Bitcoin.
Gems is The First Social Currency Network.
Gems is a social messaging app bringing crypto-currency to the masses.
Gems is designed from the ground up with this goal in mind.
Gems relies on a Public Sell for initial distribution of the supply. The total amount of Gems in existence is 10'000'000'000 (10 Billion).

Download Mobile App (coming soon)
GEMS is a free mobile app available for iOS and Android. It makes instant messaging with friends fun, simple, secure and profitable.

Guaranteed Features
Fun Keep in touch with friends. Free unlimited instant messaging.
Simple Your passphrase is your wallet. Fully functional in under 30 seconds.
Secure. Be as anonymous as you desire. Communications are always encrypted.
Profitable. Be rewarded for introducing new users to the network.

Possible Features
Voting System: Allows voting inside the client to make community decisions such as which feature will be implemented next.

Exchange
coming soon

Block Explorer
Blockscan

Bounties
coming soon.

Resources/Community

White Paper

Website

GEMS Giveaway

Giveaway is for 3 Gems Shirts and FREE Gems vouchers: http://cryptoshoppers.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=84

Why is the Op layout exactly like Qora's OP?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TaunSew

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

Even cryptos aren't really mainstream yet.  Dot.com was $7 trillion and 2% of the world's population was using the internet in the late 1990s.  2% of the world population today is 150 million (although the population has grown by a billion).

Did you know the internet back in 1990 had 3 million users?  

I'm not sure how many were using it in the late 1980s but I imagine probably more than 2 million, so cryptos right now is like the internet in 1986-1989

Wow...and here I was hung on the internet-in-1994 analogy. Thanks for the new perspective: I've been so long in this here echo chamber, I still keep thinking of myself as a late adopter. Smiley

It's true that ROI for Bitcoin has largely been tapped out.  At best Bitcoin only has 100-300 ROI left in it, unless it fails or is replaced before that happens.

Otherwise people in the general discussion forum are wrong about being in the early or later adopter stage

we're still in the innovator stage.   Bitcoin at 500K-2M users at $5 billion capitalization doesn't have any holding power in a market that will someday be worth as much as $10 trillion and will have 150 million users or even billions someday.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:48:31 AM

Hello PondSea, good to see you here.
I suggested dzarmush counterparty OP because I thought it was very organized.
So to answer your question, we like counterparty and qora OP layout Smiley
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:39:46 AM

Hello PondSea, good to see you here.
I suggested dzarmush counterparty OP because I thought it was very organized.
So to answer your question, we like counterparty and qora OP layout Smiley

All good then  Cheesy

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

TaunSew

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:34:08 AM

Let's be honest if this was secretly Qora then I would be gone.  Qora is like the NXT-fork equivalent of Monero, perhaps the most annoying community.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:38:52 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 01:04:04 PM by peled1986

Let's be honest if this was secretly Qora then I would be gone.  Qora is like the NXT-fork equivalent of Monero, perhaps the most annoying community.

Gems has nothing to do with Qora.

(a lot of people won't agree with your statement but please lets save that discussion to other threads.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: