Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:25:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:34:01 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 12:54:48 AM by peled1986

The video is out of date, saying the airdrop is 25m etc.

About the coin numbers, I don't want to spark a silly discussion about this like NEM has but 200m if that is correct is a terrible figure. Your first 10billion was much better, here's why. let's say you just had 1 billion coins and say you got mildly popular, like 1m users which is conservative, still hard to achieve but not a roaring success. Well you would only have 1000 coins per user and with uneven distribution most users would have less than 1 coin so the whole bitcoin decimal place thing becomes the norm. Now that is for 1 billion, imagine only 200m! Us Bitcoin users are acclimatised to fractions but to the mainstream it's not user friendly, people would much prefer and understand if they have a few hundred or thousand Gems than .372 of a GEM.

Personally think the coin amount should be in billions at least, possibly as much as 10bn, maybe even as much as 100 billion. seriously....I think you got nudged off your original figure from one user being critical. basically I'm saying you need to plan for success, even if you don't achieve it you have to assume it will be and then people will start saying why the hell did you only have 200m coins of you wanted to become mainstream? Grin

The total amount of XGEMs is 100,000,000 (the asset is locked: http://www.blockscan.com/asset.aspx?q=xgem)
XGEM can be divided down to 8 decimal places so it isn't a problem if Gems network grows at an exponential rate.
To avoid fractions in the future the app can display mXGEMs instead of XGEMs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:43:54 AM

How is the team planing to get paid in the long run? Is it going to be solely from the crowd funding?

Pre-sale BTC + XGEMs will fund the development. In the long run the community can decide if the company should take a small fee from the advertisers payments to the users.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:04:04 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 01:55:05 AM by peled1986

- Does one has to have an IOS device to be able to buy Gems during invite/public sale?
- I read Gems is using the Bitcoin Blockchain, does this mean i can send Gems to a Bitcoin address and vice versa?
- How many Gems does one receive for inviting a new person to the Network?
- What is an airdrop share? Since you mentioned air drop share is multiplied by total gems owned.
- Will Gems be available for trading after the crowdsale ends or from the start of the crowd sale?

- You don't need to have an IOS device to be able to buy Gems during invite early bird/pre-sale. The Pre-Sale will be conducted by Koinify through Koinify's Platform at www.koinify.com. In order to achieve top buying process, buyers will receive their XGEMs tokens instantly in Koinify secured built-in platform wallet.

-The number XGEMs one receive for inviting a new person to the network isn't a fixed number. The current model of the "airdrop" gives incentive to early adopters, this is because the daily airdrop amount is fixed (~27,400 XGEMs) while the numbers of users joining the network every day will keep growing. For example:  on day one 2 users join the network = each invite will be worth 13,700 XGEMs. on day thirty 100 users join the network = each invite will be worth 274 XGEMS.

- Airdrop share is calculated:  (Total daily airdrop / number of new daily active users) X number of users you added to the network.

- XGEMs will not be available for trading during the pre-sale.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:13:22 AM

I'm concerned that NXTTY hasn't managed to get more than 1,000-5,000 downloads on google play. Yes GEMS has a better chance and a good way to attract downloaders but still less than 5,000 after a few weeks isn't a good sign. I'm worried that if I stick a lot of BTC into this coin it might be quite a big drop in price if it doesn't do much better than NXTTY.
Is it better to wait for the likely drop in price after the ICO? Seems this is the norm on these massive ICO's.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nxtty.main&hl=en
This was asked during the Gems ama aswell.
What's the advantage of buying at the pre sale as opposed to waiting for Gems to be available on exchanges?
AIRDROP: Daily airdrop of gems - Every day, ~27,400 gems are air dropped from the Exodus Address. The ecosystem automatically distributes these gems between users according to their relative network contribution. Contribution is measured by the number of active daily users which were introduced by you to the network so far.

The contribution score for a user is calculated according to two complementary factors: (1) The total number of new, active users that the user invited during the time period. This calculation is directly related to the active-user counts (total of active users per original inviter). (2) The total number of gems that the user currently holds in his account. This means that users with large amount of gems will be rewarded more generously than users without gems.
PRESALE PERKS: Since daily airdrop rewards users who introduce other users, who is rewarded for those who come without a special invitation? Uninvited users will be attributed to random Presale buyers (this is a MAJOR bonus in our opinion). In addition, air drop share is multiplied by total gems owned. The more gems you own, the more gems you make - an advantage to those who accumulate gems first.
The Gems concept is very promising, so it's all promotion and network effect. Gems has been doing pretty good with promoting, they make video interviews, attend meetings, pretty much all crypto news outlets have reported on Gems including Coindesk which is for me very important the Crypto i invest in if the devs are ambitious, that's why i asked if they will attend meetings etc. which is important for a serious project. The team will also attent insidebitcoin conference in Paris which we haven't seen since a long time where devs really go public and know what they aim for.
It seems Gems is pretty well received by the Bitcoin community since it's build on top of it so it, but agqain it come down to promotion and users. It starts with the devs which they are doing better than nxtty, i have the idea that they have pretty solid connections.

Usually ipo who decline in price like blocknet and other, devs don't have anything ready on launch. Gems has the IOS beta ready at launch so they are delivering a working beta. I don't know to wait for after the crowdsale or buy at it but the early buyers get more Gems

Yes but imagine after the ICO, 3000 btc sold and the app after a month or so still has less than 5,000 downloads like NXTTY. Then we would see a big crash in price, I personally might buy some in the ICO but I think if you want to accumulate it will be better to save some BTC for the very likely crash. I don't know it would crash but many similar ICO's like this have.
I guess time will tell, but the gems dev team are better promoters, they have also a better concept imo. Here a video interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNc8RSyft0&t=8m20s, they also got interviewed by lets talk bitcoin and will attent insidebitcoin conference in paris, i don't know if they will speak about gems, but i haven't seen nxtty devs coming out like that? For me it's important that gems is build on top of bitcoin so it's more solid than getting build on top of nxt.
They for sure know what they want
Our plan is to complete the development milestones to get an edge. There isn't another social crypto app with these features: - the powerful message that everyone shares in the success of the network - the viral concept of being rewarded for inviting your friends - the balanced and fair advertising model (creating inherent demand and value) - built in Gems/Bitcoin wallet - username is an alias to the gems address, making sending & receiving gems and bitcoins between users as easy as sending an SMS to your friend - Be as anonymous as you desire. encrypted communications. (WhatsApp and Skype style registrations)
Gems aims to be a gateway to cryptocurrency, encrypted social messaging and the ability to transmit value via txt message. we think Gems is in a very good spot to get a foothold in one of the most sought after spaces in the crypto market.
If the community helps us and Gems app goes viral, gems and bitcoin can reach hounders thousands if not few millions of new users. Thats Big. (Just as a comparison the biggest web wallet Blockchain.info just reached 2 million wallets, probably few hounders thousands of users, there must be and will be a better way to bring crypto to the masses).
One of our main goals is to bring more females to the crytpo scene. females are the best adopters of social networks (facebook, whatsapp, instagram, pinterest etc), dedicated crypto wallet isn't enough to keep them interested but integration with a social network can open up many interesting possibilities.
As the network grows and new features are added, some of those will require payment to sustain. Gems will always exist as a payment option for any value added features available in the app. Additionally, as new p2p reward models are created, new opt-in features will become available enabling sharing economy type activities, crowdfunding, and more. Since this is the first time the users will control the core value of the social network it is too early to predict what new novel ideas will come into existence.
We know there will be many complications and hurdles but our heart is in the right place and with the help of the crypto community to grow the network, Gems will be an important step for mainstream adoption.
Problem is all these kinds of promotions and profile are a tiny gulag of a bitcoin people. Even NXTTY with all what looked like a big NXT community behind it couldnt even get past 5,000 downloads with them downloading and trying to add friends I'm sure. So I think the elephant in the room with these apps like GEMS is when it comes to the crunch can it really get a large user base. NXTTY at least makes my doubts increase and makes me think we might see a large drop in price once the ICO is done and we also can't get past say 10,000 users. It would be a shock to the project at least who has Whatsapp like figures as its goal. I'll save some BTC for the post sale but that's just me.

Except for the fact the NXTTY and GEMS are both Mobile messengers they are not alike at all. You can read some differences here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8594258;topicseen#msg8594258. We mentioned just 4 differences but there's actually a lot more.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:23:36 AM

who is going to receive these invites and when are you going to start sending the invites?

we'll send out small number of invites to early supporters, active bitcointalk users and subscribers of Gems and Koinify newsletter.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:48:54 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 09:33:03 AM by peled1986

^^

Well even if it was pow it would be the same, power went into the hands of botnets and large mining farms. The rest of your comment is just prejudice.

Couple signs imo this project is legit

- Devs attend meetings and conferences, soon going to insidebitcoin Paris, we haven't seen that in a loooong time
- They are not anonymous
- Working beta ready for launch where majority of other scams don't have anything ready
- The concept is solid and promising to go viral in the social messaging space and with the right promotion it can reach millions of users
- Build on top of Bitcoin through Counterparty gives it a solid foundation and reported by huge amount of crypto news outlets
- They will store the money in multi-sig wallets with BitGo, and Adam (Counterparty co-founder) releases the funds in a milestone based requirement tier. So they get paid per development.
- Stellar and all those others are just too complicated and impossible to understand for the average person where gems is everyone already familiar with

If there is any app that can get the average person into the Bitcoin ecosystem than this is it, so i don't see a reason to disappear while staying with it would reward them more anyway and i think the devs know this swell, that's why their presents in paris, you wouldn't take the time and money to fly over there to promote it if it's a scam.

I think this coin is legit I just think ICO's don't make much money for anyone but the developers. nearly every ICO I have invested in crashed in price after it ended. I'm concerned even more for this one cause it last for Sooo long. Bitbay had one for 4 days and got 3000btc and then inevitably dropped in price straight after. Gems has an ICO for over a month! so I expect again a big drop after. what frustrates me about these ICO is those most interested in the project that buy in the ICO time period normally pay more than those who do after.

Most ICO's have very low accountability towards the buyers and the buyers have very little ability to conduct a due diligence. We are taking the exact opposite route. As an exmaple, Dario Mutabdzija (Koinify co-founder) visited Israel as part of Koinify's long due diligence on Gems.

coindesk article: http://www.coindesk.com/koinify-melotic-plan-bring-order-crypto-crowdsales/ describes well this problem that Koinify is trying to solve.

Tom Ding (Koinify CEO) expressed  "The problem is the signal-to-noise ratio is really high". "There are too many noises and it becomes really hard for people who want to invest or purchase good, high-quality projects, tokens, to differentiate a good from a bad one."

"If the project sells out, makes $6m and got all of it in cash or bitcoin, they may not have the incentive to deliver a product," Ding continued. "Part of our job is to help them establish things like multisig and create milestones-based vesting to make sure that developer incentives are in line with what they promised."
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 06:13:29 AM

- Does one has to have an IOS device to be able to buy Gems during invite/public sale?
- I read Gems is using the Bitcoin Blockchain, does this mean i can send Gems to a Bitcoin address and vice versa?
- What is an airdrop share? Since you mentioned air drop share is multiplied by total gems owned.
- Will Gems be available for trading after the crowdsale ends or from the start of the crowd sale?

- You don't need to have an IOS device to be able to buy Gems during invite early bird/pre-sale. The Pre-Sale will be conducted by Koinify through Koinify's Platform at www.koinify.com. In order to achieve top buying process, buyers will receive their XGEMs tokens instantly in Koinify secured built-in platform wallet.

-The number XGEMs one receive for inviting a new person to the network isn't a fixed number. The current model of the "airdrop" gives incentive to early adopters, this is because the daily airdrop amount is fixed (~27,400 XGEMs) while the numbers of users joining the network every day will keep growing. For example:  on day one 2 users join the network = each invite will be worth 13,700 XGEMs. on day thirty 100 users join the network = each invite will be worth 274 XGEMS.

- Airdrop share is calculated:  (Total daily airdrop / number of new daily active users) X number of users you added to the network.

- XGEMs will not be available for trading during the pre-sale.

so i can buy GEMS through koinify? whats the lowest amount of GEMS that i can buy? because i don't even have 1BTC. can i buy 0.1 BTC worth of GEMS?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ItsNotMe

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:35:40 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 11:56:49 AM by ItsNotMe

What does the advertisers interface look like? How does the advertiser select demographics to advertise to?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:26:14 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 12:09:11 PM by Netnox

When will the airdrop start, during presale or after? And do i need to have an IOS device to receive XGEMs from the airdrop or is it also possible to receive the airdrop amounts if i have my Gems store in Koinify wallet?

Is there a way to know how many Gems have been sold, because i read that 50m will be available.
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:59:17 AM

How much of the ICO funds are going toward advertising the network? Are you going to be transparent with how you handle the funds or is this just paying you for your work on building the platform? Are the funds from the ICO going directly back into building the network or are they going to pay you all for your time/ideas?
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:19:50 PM

The video is out of date, saying the airdrop is 25m etc.

About the coin numbers, I don't want to spark a silly discussion about this like NEM has but 200m if that is correct is a terrible figure. Your first 10billion was much better, here's why. let's say you just had 1 billion coins and say you got mildly popular, like 1m users which is conservative, still hard to achieve but not a roaring success. Well you would only have 1000 coins per user and with uneven distribution most users would have less than 1 coin so the whole bitcoin decimal place thing becomes the norm. Now that is for 1 billion, imagine only 200m! Us Bitcoin users are acclimatised to fractions but to the mainstream it's not user friendly, people would much prefer and understand if they have a few hundred or thousand Gems than .372 of a GEM.

Personally think the coin amount should be in billions at least, possibly as much as 10bn, maybe even as much as 100 billion. seriously....I think you got nudged off your original figure from one user being critical. basically I'm saying you need to plan for success, even if you don't achieve it you have to assume it will be and then people will start saying why the hell did you only have 200m coins of you wanted to become mainstream? Grin

The total amount of XGEMs is 100,000,000 (the asset is locked: http://www.blockscan.com/asset.aspx?q=xgem)
XGEM can be divided down to 8 decimal places so it isn't a problem if Gems network grows at an exponential rate.
To avoid fractions in the future the app can display mXGEMs instead of XGEMs.

So Gems address is the same as a Bitcoin address, both start with 1
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:30:37 PM

Whtsapp have just implemented end-to-end encryption on Android. http://blog.gsmarena.com/whatsapp-now-features-end-end-encryption-android/ Angry

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:20:50 PM

Whtsapp have just implemented end-to-end encryption on Android. http://blog.gsmarena.com/whatsapp-now-features-end-end-encryption-android/ Angry

See here for encryption details on Gems, i think it has more to offer than Whatsapp regarding privacy, apart from being able to have your own wallet, transferring value through it, potential advertisement model and having a value rewarded system for the users. Also i trust a pro Bitcoin app more than Whatsapp regarding security.

reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:40:26 PM

who is going to receive these invites and when are you going to start sending the invites?

we'll send out small number of invites to early supporters, active bitcointalk users and subscribers of Gems and Koinify newsletter.

I just signed up for the newsletter. Do I just wait for the invite? or has the invite been already sent out?

Also the IOS app will be available at the beginning of the public presale and the android app will be available at the end of the presale? Is that correct? or should we have wait a bit longer?

iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:30:11 PM

See here for encryption details on Gems, i think it has more to offer than Whatsapp regarding privacy, apart from being able to have your own wallet, transferring value through it, potential advertisement model and having a value rewarded system for the users. Also i trust a pro Bitcoin app more than Whatsapp regarding security.
I know the Gems app will be leap years ahead but end-end encryption in Whtsapp just makes one point less in the marketing of GEMS. Anyways, it's not that of a big deal but it is one of the highs which made my friends excited when I told them about GEMS. Smiley

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:49:51 PM

I know the Gems app will be leap years ahead but end-end encryption in Whtsapp just makes one point less in the marketing of GEMS. Anyways, it's not that of a big deal but it is one of the highs which made my friends excited when I told them about GEMS. Smiley

Indeed, for me apart form many new features Gems offers is that you can make transactions in a social messaging app. This makes using Gems actually make sense. Appart from that it is build on top of Bitcoin so it automatically has a strong foundation. I have learned to follow the masses and Gems chose the right side which is Bitcoin and Counterparty.

I noticed Gems and Bitcoin have both the same addresses? They start both with a 1, so you can send Gems to a Bitcoin address?
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:00:28 PM

See here: http://il.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-peled/21/833/734

Peled1986 is not a dev. His specialties include academic research and writing, legal research, public speaking, Hasbara. Don't see anything about programming there. Maybe he'd like to share with us details about his hasbara work, as I'm sure he must be very skilled in that field. How much does the Israeli government pay you to shill for them Daniel?

How many Palestinians did you murder lieutenant peled?

I wouldn't invest half a satoshi in a venture that contributes to the economy of the rogue nation of Israel, which is notorious for spying heavily even on their closest allies. For all we know, it could be the shin bet that is developing GEMS to spy on users.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:57:04 PM

Peled1986 is not a dev. His specialties include academic research and writing, legal research, public speaking, Hasbara. Don't see anything about programming there. Maybe he'd like to share with us details about his hasbara work, as I'm sure he must be very skilled in that field. How much does the Israeli government pay you to shill for them Daniel?

I wouldn't invest half a satoshi in a venture that contributes to the economy of the rogue nation of Israel, which is notorious for spying heavily even on their closest allies. For all we know, it could be the shin bet that is developing GEMS to spy on users.

I have doubts about this coin but what an asshole thing to do to publicly trash a guy. There are very few people who put their public profile forward in crypto, he could of stayed anonymous.

So firstly even if you disagree with the views of the Israeli government choosing not to invest in someone from that country would rule out say anyone investing in Bitcoin or any coin coming out of the US which has by far the worse record of surveillance of any nation today. Plus you got to add that Daniel would have national service so he had no choice plus he clearly does have a negative view of mass surveillance cause he's built a friken app to avoid it! Plus he has been clear he has no programming skills and has a team doing that and that he has a Law background.
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:15:34 PM

I have doubts about this coin but what an asshole thing to do to publicly trash a guy. There are very few people who put their public profile forward in crypto, he could of stayed anonymous.

So firstly even if you disagree with the views of the Israeli government choosing not to invest in someone from that country would rule out say anyone investing in Bitcoin or any coin coming out of the US which has by far the worse record of surveillance of any nation today. Plus you got to add that Daniel would have national service so he had no choice plus he clearly does have a negative view of mass surveillance cause he's built a friken app to avoid it! Plus he has been clear he has no programming skills and has a team doing that and that he has a Law background.

Oh please, what a bunch of rubbish. That picture of him is from an article that talks about how very proud his father is that all of his Zionist children serve in the Israeli army. This isn't a case of guilt by association. This individual proudly serves the Zionist cause and even lists hasbara, or Zionist propaganda, as one of his specialties. Many Americans are against the policies of their government and I personally know people who deserted from the army there based on moral grounds. This guy does not fit that description.

It's not only about publicly shaming a guy, as you insinuated, but rather, about warning people not to invest in a venture that will economically support Zionist aggression against the indigenous people of that land.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:59:53 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 08:25:52 PM by reRaise

MrBig, us/europe/ are the same infact much much worse in surveillance, so lets not support promising projects coming from there.

I would say read the details on Gems encryption

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2mr5gj/gems_the_social_messenger_app_that_pays/cm6uy74

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: