Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:32:48 PM

Nxtty is not even comparable to Gems, gems has much stronger foundation because its build on bitcoin and not nxt, and gems team is more capable in promotion than nxtty, and gems app is way better concept than nxtty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:14:11 PM

Do i also get Gems from the airdrop if i have stored them in koinify wallet or do i need to have an IOS device?
Airdrops do not start until the launch of the Android wallet. Otherwise, it'll be unfair to a majority of people.
Are you sure? I think they will start when the ios beta comes out, not sure about it though

Airdrop will start when there is a level playing field for iOS and Android users.
(Thank you for the community feedback regarding this issue)
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:58:15 PM

Do i also get Gems from the airdrop if i have stored them in koinify wallet or do i need to have an IOS device?
Airdrops do not start until the launch of the Android wallet. Otherwise, it'll be unfair to a majority of people.
Are you sure? I think they will start when the ios beta comes out, not sure about it though

Airdrop will start when there is a level playing field for iOS and Android users.
(Thank you for the community feedback regarding this issue)

Sounds fair, thanks
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:57:00 AM

have you already delivered an invite for the presale?
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:41:27 AM

I was going to invest in this one but I decided not to seeing NXTTY unable to get past even 5,000 downloads. ai think this is a one in a thousand chance of getting traction.

Social media campaigns need LOTS of real-life traction, sticker giveaways, campaigns, posters, conferences, contests, etc... And lots of user buzz. Look at how Reddit got started for a good 'guide'.

NXTTY and Gems have almost nothing in common. please read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8594258#msg8594258
and here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a129pSWTDWKWt945Un7NyTxTKPiVq5MjGFLs8mIuZug/edit#heading=h.g39lq9b7eajt

We understand the importance of Social media campaigns and are working on a viral campaign and partnerships.

So they aren't both a messenger app combined with a new crypto currency. Oh my mistake.  Roll Eyes Completely different.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
TomKoinify

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:15:40 AM

I was going to invest in this one but I decided not to seeing NXTTY unable to get past even 5,000 downloads. ai think this is a one in a thousand chance of getting traction.

Social media campaigns need LOTS of real-life traction, sticker giveaways, campaigns, posters, conferences, contests, etc... And lots of user buzz. Look at how Reddit got started for a good 'guide'.

NXTTY and Gems have almost nothing in common. please read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8594258#msg8594258
and here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a129pSWTDWKWt945Un7NyTxTKPiVq5MjGFLs8mIuZug/edit#heading=h.g39lq9b7eajt

We understand the importance of Social media campaigns and are working on a viral campaign and partnerships.

So they aren't both a messenger app combined with a new crypto currency. Oh my mistake.  Roll Eyes Completely different.

Hey, I think you may have missed this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8594258#msg8594258
TomKoinify

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:40:00 AM

Invites are going out to some early subscribers and supporters. Koinify's platform is live on a early-bird access level.

Tweet @Koinify #requestinvite to be added to the list and chance for early bird access!
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:21:48 AM

Perhaps a picture that compares Whatsapp with Gems like image below?

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:23:35 AM

Do you guys have something Gems related at insidebitcoin?
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:18:58 PM

Daniel Peled on Epicenter Bitcoin today http://bit.ly/11mVL6m

fulcare

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:42:19 PM

So they aren't both a messenger app combined with a new crypto currency. Oh my mistake.  Roll Eyes Completely different.

Already read everything related to GEMS thanks. It is whether you want to distance yourself from the failure of NXTTY then go ahead but you are to anyone who downloads this app a messenger app with a crypto currency bolted on. Yes you have some innovative ways to distribute and use the coins for advertising BUT this will have no point what so ever to the average user and also more importantly unless you get a million plus users advertisers simply won't even care. So how many people have NXTTY got after a month or so? Not even 5,000 downloads it's just as likely to be only a couple of thousand in total. I think newbie accounts and this NETNOX guy is clearly working for GEMS and is pushing the we are going to be the new Whatsapp which is just as bad as the usual hype of coins that say they are going to be bigger than Bitcoin. The truth is getting numbers of people to use this app beyond the small sector or crypto users will be very very hard. It would be fairer if you say to investors this is a long shot but it might just work rather than compare yourself to FB and Whatapp and ask for millions in dollars for what is a basic messenger app.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fulcare

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:43:56 PM

Peeled disappeared and now this guy is posting it seems for GEMS. Please no more sockpuppets.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:46:48 PM

So they aren't both a messenger app combined with a new crypto currency. Oh my mistake.  Roll Eyes Completely different.

Already read everything related to GEMS thanks. It is whether you want to distance yourself from the failure of NXTTY then go ahead but you are to anyone who downloads this app a messenger app with a crypto currency bolted on. Yes you have some innovative ways to distribute and use the coins for advertising BUT this will have no point what so ever to the average user and also more importantly unless you get a million plus users advertisers simply won't even care. So how many people have NXTTY got after a month or so? Not even 5,000 downloads it's just as likely to be only a couple of thousand in total. I think newbie accounts and this NETNOX guy is clearly working for GEMS and is pushing the we are going to be the new Whatsapp which is just as bad as the usual hype of coins that say they are going to be bigger than Bitcoin. The truth is getting numbers of people to use this app beyond the small sector or crypto users will be very very hard. It would be fairer if you say to investors this is a long shot but it might just work rather than compare yourself to FB and Whatapp and ask for millions in dollars for what is a basic messenger app.

Netnox isn't a part of the Gems team.

please read our answer here regarding the comparison to Whatsapp and other competitors: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9183382;topicseen#msg9183382
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:50:07 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 03:00:24 PM by Netnox

Peeled disappeared and now this guy is posting it seems for GEMS. Please no more sockpuppets.

go away troll, you have been talking crap from the beginning. i'm not part of gems team i just like the concept and i am free to say my opinion how i want and if i want to promote something i see as promising than it's not your business. For me it's promising because it's been a long time since charlie lee we had coin devs/ceos who go public like this, this gives confidence you mad about that? Your message is clear already you keep repeating your self 10,000 times with your nxtty 5000 users crap. And peled is here posting, giving interviews and attending conferences, what do you do apart from posting dumb comments. I compare Gems to Whatsapp because they are in the same target audience and both social networking where Gems takes the edge in specs imo just like Wester Union comparison with Bitcoin, it's really not hard to understand.
popolite11

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:53:03 PM

trolls are no good to any coins
reRaise

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:55:56 PM

All coins have them, Bitcoin had them the most and a project like this aims people outside the crypto scene who are not familiar with crypto. These target group don't care about trolls, they just use the app and don't follow bitcointalk really
fulcare

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:03:19 PM

How am I a troll? I simply said getting any real numbers is very difficult which NXTTY has started to find out. They also thought they were going to be the next Whatapp. lol

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
reRaise

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:12:33 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 03:28:49 PM by reRaise

How am I a troll? I simply said getting any real numbers is very difficult which NXTTY has started to find out.

Nobody wants an app build on top of nxt which has been getting scam accusations left and right, gems is backed by Bitcoin which is a huge difference, also nxtty marketing sucked probably big time, who are the devs, are they giving interviews, do they visit conventions, who are they in partnership with? i think it's time for you to start reading first https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9625353#msg9625353

It's you joke you are using nxtty as a benchmark
fulcare

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:57:03 PM

How am I a troll? I simply said getting any real numbers is very difficult which NXTTY has started to find out.

Nobody wants an app build on top of nxt which has been getting scam accusations left and right, gems is backed by Bitcoin which is a huge difference, also nxtty marketing sucked probably big time, who are the devs, are they giving interviews, do they visit conventions, who are they in partnership with? i think it's time for you to start reading first https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9625353#msg9625353

Oh the developers go to Bitcoin conventions and have a youtube interview. My mistake, you are easily going to get a few million downloads now. If I know anything is that teenagers who use apps like this love Bitcoin conventions. lol. You've defined the problem I'm trying to articulate better than I ever could.

BTW I tried to tell people on NXTTY these same inconvenient facts and they said I was just FUD etc as well. Now they can't get past a thousand or so downloads my points aren't looking so stupid now.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
reRaise

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:06:26 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 04:25:32 PM by reRaise

Oh the developers go to Bitcoin conventions and have a youtube interview. My mistake, you are easily going to get a few million downloads now. If I know anything is that teenagers who use apps like this love Bitcoin conventions. lol. You've defined the problem I'm trying to articulate better than I ever could.

BTW I tried to tell people on NXTTY these same inconvenient facts and they said I was just FUD etc as well. Now they can't get past a thousand or so downloads my points aren't looking so stupid now.

How about you read these first

And watch the epicenter bitcoin interview with gems today https://plus.google.com/events/c3divjphjj5v0tkf33q6c23l3ak

YES it's important if devs are active and go public to promote their idea. This is how an idea starts to rise and gets promoted to the point that it gets used by teenagers, nxtty doesn't have this and it's not backed by bitcoin neither you can use bitcoin in the app. Again, don't use nxtty as a benchmark
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: