Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:00:50 PM

The viral marketing concept is heavily flawed as other coins have tried this and it was gamed by blackhat professionals.  Yes even some high tech detection gizmo can still be gamed.   Blackhat professionals have thousands of authentic looking Facebook accounts, can mask their IPs very well and can get all the free numbers they want from online phone providers.

We are putting a lot of time and effort in order to be able to flag fraudulent activity, you can read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9427852;topicseen#msg9427852  
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:09:34 PM

I could not find the the possibility to send btc over gems anymore. This was mentioned in earlier articles I think. I could not find this feature on the website nor in the white paper. If the gems wallet is a counterparty wallet it should naturally be able to store btc or not?
Please clarify this.

e.g. http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/

Gems is empowered by Counterparty, built on top of Bitcoin. So you can send Gems to a Bitcoin adress and vice versa and you can use Bitcoin in the app aswell.  I am not sure if you can also store Bitcoin in Gems Counterparty wallet, but i think it should be possible.

why is that not part of the white paper?

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:18:00 PM

I could not find the the possibility to send btc over gems anymore. This was mentioned in earlier articles I think. I could not find this feature on the website nor in the white paper. If the gems wallet is a counterparty wallet it should naturally be able to store btc or not?
Please clarify this.

e.g. http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/

Gems is empowered by Counterparty, built on top of Bitcoin. So you can send Gems to a Bitcoin adress and vice versa and you can use Bitcoin in the app aswell.  I am not sure if you can also store Bitcoin in Gems Counterparty wallet, but i think it should be possible.

It says: "The Gems cryptographic token is powered by Counterparty. Once a Gems account is created, it automatically includes a Counterparty wallet. Using the wallet is as simple as using the Gems app. Gems even makes trading easy. Sending gems and bitcoins between users is as simple as sending an instant message."

Yes you can store bitcoins and any other counterparty tokens in the Gems wallet. In the app we will display the XGEM and BTC balances.
karmala

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:23:54 PM

Please clarify this.

It says: "The Gems cryptographic token is powered by Counterparty. Once a Gems account is created, it automatically includes a Counterparty wallet. Using the wallet is as simple as using the Gems app. Gems even makes trading easy. Sending gems and bitcoins between users is as simple as sending an instant message."

Yes you can store bitcoins and any other counterparty tokens in the Gems wallet. In the app we will display the XGEM and BTC balances.

sorry, overread it. Great.

Now, from where are the funds generated which are needed to sustain the long term operation after the ico funds and the gems have been spend?

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:36:12 PM

Please clarify this.

Now, from where are the funds generated which are needed to sustain the long term operation after the ico funds and the gems have been spend?

After the btc funds and the gems have been spent, it's possible to reward the development team by taking a small fee from the advertising models: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9017388#msg9017388.
This is far down the line and will be discussed with the community if and when it becomes relevant.
karmala

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:56:15 PM

Please clarify this.

After the btc funds and the gems have been spent, it's possible to reward the development team by taking a small fee from the advertising models: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9017388#msg9017388.
This is far down the line and will be discussed with the community if and when it becomes relevant.

ok will participate Smiley
Good luck to us!

durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:01:21 PM

Lol, 3000 BTC and 8% on top of that.  Roll Eyes

Fuck, why I'm not tech savvy, this is where money is, not nights without sleep trading.

No, you and fulcare don't understand the math.

They are raising 3000 BTC, and this is the entire initialization market cap of the project. The 8% that will go to developers is not funded externally. So 8% of the marketcap can be used to pay developers over the life of the project. At current BTC prices, this works out to about $91'200. Do you really think that is too much? I don't.

mh thats not enough for them. The funds are also only realeased after certain milestones. How do you guys think to generate funds for your work and the infrastructure in the future?

Price is at a low now and will probably rise. XGEM will rise against BTC and BTC will rise against USD. They will have enough funds Wink
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:23:28 PM

The Android and airdrop will only start until June 2015!!!!!

That's almost a definite fail, by then you might have 5 other coins doing the same as this. Plenty of time for people to get negative about this coin and dump. Silly. Its a bit of a con because those of us who have been around IPO's know the price will be dumped to shit in 6 months time. Some serious buyer regret is on the cards. Crazy plan for a decent idea.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:25:39 PM

That's almost a definite fail, by then you might have 5 other coins doing the same as this. Plenty of time for people to get negative about this coin and dump. Silly. Its a bit of a con because those of us who have been around IPO's know the price will be dumped to shit in 6 months time. Some serious buyer regret is on the cards. Crazy plan for a decent idea.

it's a conservative tentative date.
Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9686204#msg9686204
Under promise and over deliver.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:27:09 PM

That's almost a definite fail, by then you might have 5 other coins doing the same as this. Plenty of time for people to get negative about this coin and dump. Silly.

Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9686204#msg9686204

The price may recover later but after 1-2 months any IPO has crashed in price. Unless this changes a seriously strong trend.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:33:35 PM

That's almost a definite fail, by then you might have 5 other coins doing the same as this. Plenty of time for people to get negative about this coin and dump. Silly.

The price may recover later but after 1-2 months any IPO has crashed in price. Unless this changes a seriously strong trend.

If you check "legitimate" coins with active development teams (there aren't many) you will actually be surprised with the statistics.
karmala

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:50:07 PM

the pre-sale is really going well  Grin congrats

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:53:07 PM

the pre-sale is really going well  Grin congrats

Where can you see it? I still need to buy
karmala

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:56:19 PM

the pre-sale is really going well  Grin congrats

Where can you see it? I still need to buy

I think everybody who was on the Konify newsletter got it. However, I would be extremely surprised if the rest would be sold out on the first day of the pre-sale. Dont worry, you can buy soon for the same conditions. I am a small fish and would like to buy more :/

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:58:36 PM

the pre-sale is really going well  Grin congrats

My thoughts exactly..
TomKoinify

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:49:52 PM

Quick early bird update!

SOLD: 3,150,511 XGEM for a total of 182.6 BTC currently.

We have had over 400 new wallets opened on Koinify! Thank you all for your support, we're very excited to be inviting the Gems subscriber list soon, along with the public launch on December 1st.

Our platform is running smoothy; the checkout process being instant and very quick. Been getting some great feedback from you guys, please continue letting us know about your experience and what we can do to make it better.

TomKoinify

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:26:27 PM

If you are on Gems subscriber list, check your e-mail for a surprise!  Grin
Bitkeeper

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:13:59 AM

My pre sale buy went very smoothly...Thanks. I let my friends know about it and they are highly known in the Crypto world. They think your asking for WAY to much and 5794sats per GEM is to high to buy. Any thoughts, Will this value hold on the exchanges? Why you give it this value? I am also a NXXTYcoin holder which is around 400sats atm. I will support GEMS also. I would love to see zero FUD on either end. We're helping get crypto's out to the masses!
TomKoinify

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:23:18 AM

My pre sale buy went very smoothly...Thanks. I let my friends know about it and they are highly known in the Crypto world. They think your asking for WAY to much and 5794sats per GEM is to high to buy. Any thoughts, Will this value hold on the exchanges? Why you give it this value? I am also a NXXTYcoin holder which is around 400sats atm. I will support GEMS also. I would love to see zero FUD on either end. We're helping get crypto's out to the masses!

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear your purchase went smoothy! As for the Nxtty, please refer earlier to this thread; Gems is built in Counterparty and has fundamental improvements and differences from Nxtty, it's not much of a comparison other than they both have messaging. Pretty much everything else is fundamentally different, business models, upcoming features, advertisement platform, etc (plus, being build on a much better platform such as Counterparty compared to NXT). We believe Gems is a very justified price for the product and work they will be delivering.

Thanks for the feedback again though, it's much appreciated!
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:31:28 AM

what a joke Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

central server for messaging functionality?Huh you call it based on bitcoin blockchain?

it seems you want most chinese buyers drown in bags.

Why don't you ask them to use their own shitty censored QQ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: