Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:35:48 PM

"With Counterparty Contracts, users may write Turing Complete smart contracts into the Bitcoin blockchain and execute their code on all Counterparty nodes. We’ve ported Ethereum’s language and virtual machine over to the Counterparty platform, using the pyethereum codebase. The result is hosted on GitHub and open for public testing. Today, you can take Turing Complete Ethereum code, or write your own, and run it on Bitcoin with Counterparty. Anything that one could ever do with Ethereum, one can now do with Bitcoin and Counterparty."

Any chance this can be implemented over supernet as well? or over nxt? or over both? Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:02:02 PM

"With Counterparty Contracts, users may write Turing Complete smart contracts into the Bitcoin blockchain and execute their code on all Counterparty nodes. We’ve ported Ethereum’s language and virtual machine over to the Counterparty platform, using the pyethereum codebase. The result is hosted on GitHub and open for public testing. Today, you can take Turing Complete Ethereum code, or write your own, and run it on Bitcoin with Counterparty. Anything that one could ever do with Ethereum, one can now do with Bitcoin and Counterparty."

Any chance this can be implemented over supernet as well? or over nxt? or over both? Tongue

Who said that?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:04:43 PM

That would be AT in NXT. It is ready to be implemented, but devs hesitate coz of the fatal bugs.
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

That would be AT in NXT. It is ready to be implemented, but devs hesitate coz of the fatal bugs.

Can you please post a link to the discussion about it?

Who said that?

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-recreates-ethereums-smart-contract-platform-on-bitcoin/
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 06:49:34 PM

Hey James,

are we satisfied with Instantdex. As I understand it is a centralised solution.
Looks like NODE is doing it decentralized. Their new algortihm is out and working. Of course till now with small amounts of transactions.
Maybe NODE will be a good additive to supernets core, by adding instant transactions.
Maybe you already know all of it, but if not, please take a look.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590421.0

disclaimer: of course I own some Node, but an irrelevant amount in comparision to my supernet tokens.

why do you think InstantDEX is centralized?
InstantDEX itself is fully decentralized. If you are trading things that are backed by MGW assets, then since MGW is distributed (between centralized and decentralized) arguably there is some risk from the distributed (vs decentralized) nature of the asset. However, there are also other types of ways instantDEX will clear the trades, including direct peer to peer.

We are looking into NODE, until recently I dont think they had things working

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 06:51:43 PM

I dont know about python, but if anybody else does, the same porting could be done. Very cool idea by the way!

Now, another approach is to simply make a gateway to counterparty or etherium. There is no need to directly implement everything

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 06:56:14 PM

Hey James,

Looks like NODE is doing it decentralized. Their new algortihm is out and working. Of course till now with small amounts of transactions.
Maybe NODE will be a good additive to supernets core, by adding instant transactions.

disclaimer: of course I own some Node, but an irrelevant amount in comparision to my supernet tokens.

Wether or not NODEs instant transactions - and the entire network for that matter - will work is still questionable imho. Their network "only" facilitates instant transactions because it's fully connected i.e. every node is connected to every other node. I have a feeling that won't scale very well but only time will tell.
N*N topology does not scale at all. If that is how they are getting fast performance, then it will quickly bog down.

James

jahl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

hmm I have a question if thats alright.

I send Unity from BTer to my NXT wallet, but it hasn't arrived it seems.
new wallet install and the wallet is fully synced.

any tips?
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:51:01 PM

hmm I have a question if thats alright.

I send Unity from BTer to my NXT wallet, but it hasn't arrived it seems.
new wallet install and the wallet is fully synced.

any tips?

Check http://nxtexplorer.com/ to see if it arrived yet from Bter.
If it takes too long, wait or open support ticket at Bter.
jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:55:51 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 10:05:20 PM by jahl

fixed, nm  Smiley
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:41:44 PM

Hey James,

InstantDEX itself is fully decentralized. If you are trading things that are backed by MGW assets, then since MGW is distributed (between centralized and decentralized) arguably there is some risk from the distributed (vs decentralized) nature of the asset. However, there are also other types of ways instantDEX will clear the trades, including direct peer to peer.

James

Alright, so instantdex works decentralized but only for assets on MGW, not for coins, right?
If it would NXT would have instant transactions already.

ok NODE is working, but with a handful of transactions nobody can say anything about scalability, and I don´t know exactly how they have done it.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 10:59:26 PM

Hey James,

James

Alright, so instantdex works decentralized but only for assets on MGW, not for coins, right?

ok NODE is working, but with a handful of transactions nobody can say anything about scalability, and I don´t know exactly how they have done it.

I will separate out the trade clearing from the trading itself.
Similar to when you click on "Send", once it is sent to the network (barring rare events), it is just a matter of time to get onto the blockchain. But the funds have already been send the moment you click.

Does that make sense?

So, with InstantDEX, regardless of how long till the next block the two people trading with each other (directly) will both have broadcast their half of the tx to the network. Just a matter of time before it hits the blockchain.

Now, there will be a variety of ways to finalize the trade. Could be via NXT AE using MGW assets, could be direct wallet to wallet overlapped micropayment channels. That is totally decentralized and for any bitcoin fork that supports multisig. There are also ways of finalizing the trade via telepods and the upcoming ATOMIC.

James

P.S. Not sure if you understand that there are things like mgwBTC asset, which is 100% backed by multisig protected BTC,

Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:12:47 PM

Hey James,

James

Similar to when you click on "Send", once it is sent to the network (barring rare events), it is just a matter of time to get onto the blockchain. But the funds have already been send the moment you click.

Does that make sense?

So, with InstantDEX, regardless of how long till the next block the two people trading with each other (directly) will both have broadcast their half of the tx to the network. Just a matter of time before it hits the blockchain.

Now, there will be a variety of ways to finalize the trade. Could be via NXT AE using MGW assets, could be direct wallet to wallet overlapped micropayment channels. That is totally decentralized and for any bitcoin fork that supports multisig. There are also ways of finalizing the trade via telepods and the upcoming ATOMIC.

James

P.S. Not sure if you understand that there are things like mgwBTC asset, which is 100% backed by multisig protected BTC,

Yeah it makes sense, so it is not finally on the blockchain but both sides are locked. The only disadvantage is that they can´t spend it instantly, they have to wait for the blockchain confirmation.

No I am not really into this MGW thing, but I will soon.

So if you say we don´t need an instant transaction coin anyway, then it´s fine for me. NODE was just an idea, cause I was following it.

Thanks for the lessons James.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 11:14:15 PM

actually, they can spend it instantly, if they use the InstantDex again. Chained transactions will not be a problem (iirc)

Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:18:30 PM

actually, they can spend it instantly, if they use the InstantDex again. Chained transactions will not be a problem (iirc)

oh cool, so you can´t spend them but you can continue trading.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 11:25:53 PM

not sure about this
while it might be possible, it becomes quite dangerous.
with bitcoins, you can stack up a bunch of tx that each link to each other and it should all resolve properly. With NXT, the other nodes wont accept the tx if you didnt have enough to cover it prior to the current block

so, no one size fits all solution

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 11:26:45 PM

Hey James,

James

Does that make sense?

James

Yeah it makes sense, so it is not finally on the blockchain but both sides are locked. The only disadvantage is that they can´t spend it instantly, they have to wait for the blockchain confirmation.

No I am not really into this MGW thing, but I will soon.

So if you say we don´t need an instant transaction coin anyway, then it´s fine for me. NODE was just an idea, cause I was following it.

Thanks for the lessons James.

NODE is so new and not sure of tech details, maybe they are able to scale, so let us wait for the tech analysis on it first

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 07:04:09 AM

pushed new version that supports gathering prices into databases and also retrieving this data. bter, poloniex, bittrex, NXT AE and even mintpal is supported.

curl -k --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "SuperNET", "params": ["{\"requestType\":\"getquotes\",\"exchange\":\"bter\",\"base\":\"NXT\",\"rel\":\"BTC\"}"]  }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' https://127.0.0.1:7777/

curl -k --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "SuperNET", "params": ["{\"requestType\":\"pricedb\",\"exchange\":\"nxtae\",\"base\":\"BTC\",\"rel\":\"NXT\"}"]  }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' https://127.0.0.1:7777/

Now each user can gather data for the crypto they are interested in and this creates the reference prices to overlay on the InstantDEX orderbook. took a bit longer than I had hoped to get it stabilized as I had to serialize all accesses and avoid deadlocks. systems stuff is quite tricky and feels like not much progress, but now at 2% CPU usage, it is able to handle all the packets and gather price data

James

youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:14:17 AM

Looks like a high tech to me  Smiley
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 12:26:13 PM

You are looking at the future bro
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: