Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:15:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:25:26 PM

I think the blame should fall equally on Nemesis for this, without Russian technical assistance they would not have got the quantity of orders they did. Those not-in-stock Bitfury boards were the lure to the site for me trying to buy them. Funny how they're all in-stock (used) now for cheap eh.

This asshole aka Alexey Andreev. is literally the only person at Black Arrow I've ever been able to talk to, but basically all he does is troll and threaten you.

FTFY

http://ru.linkedin.com/pub/alexey-andreev/12/29b/234

"Customer Support Director"

He's a director.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:43:47 PM

An X-3 earns maybe, what 1500, back if you're lucky before these tick over to net losers vs. maybe burning your house down and killing your wife, children, dogs, whatever.  It's not worth running it at this point.

One of the cheapest hosting for these is toomim. Monthly plan is $198 per X3 (2x $99). Monthly income at current difficulty is $300. These are barely net $100 per month profit. You'll be lucky to earn a few hundred bucks for a total ROI of about -95%.

Buy & Hold
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:54:08 AM

I think the blame should fall equally on Nemesis for this, without Russian technical assistance they would not have got the quantity of orders they did. Those not-in-stock Bitfury boards were the lure to the site for me trying to buy them. Funny how they're all in-stock (used) now for cheap eh.

This asshole aka Alexey Andreev. is literally the only person at Black Arrow I've ever been able to talk to, but basically all he does is troll and threaten you.

FTFY

He's a director.

This guy is a real piece of work, it'd be absolutely hilarious dealing with this guy if this weren't such a financially tragic situation. He's the most inveterate con-artist you can imagine, when he actually responds to you, he learns how to talk to you based on the words and phrases you introduce to the situation yourself. He will literally say absolutely anything he needs to say to get you to accept this bullshit, including but not limited to threats and intimidation.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:11:12 PM

It's been almost a year since I placed my order, I need to move on.
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:22:53 PM

FTFY

He's a director.

This guy is a real piece of work, it'd be absolutely hilarious dealing with this guy if this weren't such a financially tragic situation. He's the most inveterate con-artist you can imagine, when he actually responds to you, he learns how to talk to you based on the words and phrases you introduce to the situation yourself. He will literally say absolutely anything he needs to say to get you to accept this bullshit, including but not limited to threats and intimidation.

yep another moron that thinks he's a genius.  he also designed the cases for these I think, which I also think were supposed to be plastic.

I seem to remember they had issues getting those and ended up with metal cases, which was lucky since these pieces of crap started on fire.  then that same idiot was talking about how the cases were designed to prevent fire from getting outside of them or some such silly shit

that went from a truly stupid design, to a delay, to a lucky break and from what I remember he was acting like hot shit for designing them in that way when in reality it was a total fuck-up.

none of these people seem to have a damn clue that they are unqualified morons.  they all think they're super geniuses when you'd think even they'd be smart enough to see they have fucked this up in every possible way. 
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:30:21 PM

FTFY

He's a director.

yep another moron that thinks he's a genius.  he also designed the cases for these I think, which I also think were supposed to be plastic.

I seem to remember they had issues getting those and ended up with metal cases, which was lucky since these pieces of crap started on fire.  then that same idiot was talking about how the cases were designed to prevent fire from getting outside of them or some such silly shit

that went from a truly stupid design, to a delay, to a lucky break and from what I remember he was acting like hot shit for designing them in that way when in reality it was a total fuck-up.

none of these people seem to have a damn clue that they are unqualified morons.  they all think they're super geniuses when you'd think even they'd be smart enough to see they have fucked this up in every possible way. 

I suspect everything has gone according to plan and they're sitting on a really fat bitcoin wallet full of mined coins.
Pentax

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:34:57 PM

FTFY

He's a director.

yep another moron that thinks he's a genius.  he also designed the cases for these I think, which I also think were supposed to be plastic.

I seem to remember they had issues getting those and ended up with metal cases, which was lucky since these pieces of crap started on fire.  then that same idiot was talking about how the cases were designed to prevent fire from getting outside of them or some such silly shit

none of these people seem to have a damn clue that they are unqualified morons.  they all think they're super geniuses when you'd think even they'd be smart enough to see they have fucked this up in every possible way.  

I suspect everything has gone according to plan and they're sitting on a really fat bitcoin wallet full of mined coins.

I do think they're running a mine also.   first their data center was ready to roll, then when they were accused of mining, they said they couldn't be because it didn't exist.  just like most liars, they can't keep their stories straight at this point.

relative to credit card theft/fraud mining on customer equipment is nothing.

if they have the equipment of course they are doing exactly that. they are common fucking thieves.
kfactor

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:07:30 PM

Chuckle  Smiley

Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets.

However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping.

However we are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:23:13 PM

Chuckle  Smiley

Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets.

However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping.

However we are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption.

Can't argue with that - no miners = no power consumption.
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

So any news on getting refunds AKA our money back from minersource and blackarrow?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:55:34 PM

So any news on getting refunds AKA our money back from minersource and blackarrow?

Have you filed a lawsuit? At this point that's likely your only hope of getting a refund.

Buy & Hold
warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:03:31 PM

Minersource refused to answer to request for a refund numerous times, even though their continued delay put them in violation of the FTC rules.  It doesn't seem as though they care.  They are probably just looking to get this whole shebang behind them.  They did make sure the machines mined for 24 hours before shipping them to me.  Not sure if that was just to milk them for all they were worth or what.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:53:45 AM

Dear Customer,

Christmas is here and 2014 is just around the corner.

Let us take this opportunity to wish you and your family the very best this festive season from everyone here at Black Arrow. We hope 2013 has been a productive time for you and your business, and extend our warmest wishes for the New Year.

We are extremely grateful to have you as our customer and look forward to continuing to work with you in the year ahead.

We hope you have time to relax over the festive period. But should you need support, please remember that it is business as usual for our customer service team.

Peace and prosperity! We wish you on these Christmas and New Year! These are the honest wishes of your friends from Black Arrow!
descarte

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:01:45 AM

minersource can't do much, likewise with all other distributors of blackarrow. its like a chain effect. everyone related to blackarrow is pretty much in deep trouble. Blackarrow is the sole culprit. they overestimated their outsourcing capabilities, overpromised and miscalculated the globalhash growth.

there is no way out except using law.
GPK260

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:58:59 AM

We have an update from Black arrow

October update

Power supplies - fixed

In the light of the issues encountered with a limited number of the Power Supply units, we have been pushing really hard the power supply manufacturer, Apluspower, to address all the issues. Apart from reliability issues, the PSU did not comply with EM emissions, although our contract with Apluspower clearly mentioned that the PSU must be CE and FCC certified.

As a consequence, after the PSU issues were fixed, Black Arrow went through certification procedures. Prospero X-3 is now CE certified. Please click here to review the certification.

We are happy to report that according to our knowledge, testing and 3rd party certification, Apluspower have now fixed all the problems discovered and reported and we have resumed shipping. Please note that the power supply is certified together with our Prospero X3 as a whole unit and not independently.

The old design PSUs failure rate is lower than 5% and replacement is only required to comply with EU/US legislation due to EM emissions. We will dispatch new PSUs on our own cost to all customers from EU&US who wish to receive a replacement, but please note that customs duty are the responsibility of the receiver. Customers outside of EU&US will be eligible for a replacement only if their PSU is faulty. We will not be requesting our customers to send the old PSUs back.

X1 manufacturing – in testing

We have stopped manufacturing X1 and we will be shipping all remaining customers X1.5 which contains 2 chips and hashes at 160-180 Ghash in an attempt to clear the compensation sooner.

Certification for Prospero X1.5 is in progress.

X3 manufacturing - fixed

We had issues with the speed of built for the new units therefore we had to make a contract with a new business partner who demonstrated that they can manage delivery of large volume in a short period of time.

Our new partner has just finished the first batch of units which will be dispatched today and tomorrow. Their assembly speed is a clear improvement and at this rate we will be finishing all X3 deliveries in next few weeks.

14nm Bitcoin ASIC

We are still heavily involved in the 14nm ASIC project.

We are happy to report that after bringing on board more talent we have exceeded our initial 0.3W/Ghash target by 4.3 times by employing all techniques possible in ASIC and algorithm design. Our current design efficiency is now 70mW/Ghash (0.07W/Ghash) which allows us to build a 1 Terrahash chip in a single die while using 70 Watts at chip level. This will allow development of a 20Thash machine while using 1.5kw.

We intend to make this chip available for sale only from stock (No pre-orders)

Freicoin Donations: 13dvY6AStLLSJ9VEKTSJDYkzWdgeGeyE6q
Bitcoin Donations: 1BkLCL6teSx1CRwT8yn7Qrv8hvVinuUKZx
UK Police Fraud Crime number opened against Black Arrow: NFRC141000810656
Pentax

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

October update

Power supplies - fixed

In the light of the issues encountered with a limited number of the Power Supply units, we have been pushing really hard the power supply manufacturer, Apluspower, to address all the issues. Apart from reliability issues, the PSU did not comply with EM emissions, although our contract with Apluspower clearly mentioned that the PSU must be CE and FCC certified.

As a consequence, after the PSU issues were fixed, Black Arrow went through certification procedures. Prospero X-3 is now CE certified. Please click here to review the certification.

We are happy to report that according to our knowledge, testing and 3rd party certification, Apluspower have now fixed all the problems discovered and reported and we have resumed shipping. Please note that the power supply is certified together with our Prospero X3 as a whole unit and not independently.

The old design PSUs failure rate is lower than 5% and replacement is only required to comply with EU/US legislation due to EM emissions. We will dispatch new PSUs on our own cost to all customers from EU&US who wish to receive a replacement, but please note that customs duty are the responsibility of the receiver. Customers outside of EU&US will be eligible for a replacement only if their PSU is faulty. We will not be requesting our customers to send the old PSUs back.

We have stopped manufacturing X1 and we will be shipping all remaining customers X1.5 which contains 2 chips and hashes at 160-180 Ghash in an attempt to clear the compensation sooner.

X3 manufacturing - fixed

We had issues with the speed of built for the new units therefore we had to make a contract with a new business partner who demonstrated that they can manage delivery of large volume in a short period of time.

Our new partner has just finished the first batch of units which will be dispatched today and tomorrow. Their assembly speed is a clear improvement and at this rate we will be finishing all X3 deliveries in next few weeks.

14nm Bitcoin ASIC

We are happy to report that after bringing on board more talent we have exceeded our initial 0.3W/Ghash target by 4.3 times by employing all techniques possible in ASIC and algorithm design. Our current design efficiency is now 70mW/Ghash (0.07W/Ghash) which allows us to build a 1 Terrahash chip in a single die while using 70 Watts at chip level. This will allow development of a 20Thash machine while using 1.5kw.

I'm glad they've got the money for more talent but not the price matching or refunds.  Besides the obvious fact that they would have had to have had some in the first place to add "more"

They're shipping again after finding a new, faster assembly plant after telling us in the first place their capacity was bazillions a month, which was obviously another lie.

And now they are CE certified when they claimed they would be in the first place.  Yet another lie.

Who cares that these are shipping again, these are 8 months late and useless at this point.  Thanks to their utter incompetence market price, which they promised to match, is 1250 for a 2Th/s S4.  Every black arrow X-3 customer starts out 3750 dollars in the hole per unit.

Fuck you Black Arrow.  I'm sure you're all pleased with yourselves to finally be where you should have been 8-9 months ago.  Six monkeys and a macaw could've gotten these out faster than this you lying, incompetent shitbags.  Your customers are in the shitter while you dance on down the road using their money to develop new products, completely in violation of the promises made, but great job.
breakingcode

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:15:01 PM

October update

Power supplies - fixed

X3 manufacturing - fixed

14nm Bitcoin ASIC

I'm glad they've got the money for more talent but not the price matching or refunds.  Besides the obvious fact that they would have had to have had some in the first place to add "more"

They're shipping again after finding a new, faster assembly plant after telling us in the first place their capacity was bazillions a month, which was obviously another lie.

And now they are CE certified when they claimed they would be in the first place.  Yet another lie.

Who cares that these are shipping again, these are 8 months late and useless at this point.  Thanks to their utter incompetence market price, which they promised to match, is 1250 for a 2Th/s S4.  Every black arrow X-3 customer starts out 3750 dollars in the hole per unit.

Fuck you Black Arrow.  I'm sure you're all pleased with yourselves to finally be where you should have been 8-9 months ago.  Six monkeys and a macaw could've gotten these out faster than this you lying, incompetent shitbags.  Your customers are in the shitter while you dance on down the road using their money to develop new products, completely in violation of the promises made, but great job.

Much like Glenn Beck Murdering and raping that girl, I think we really need to examine BA's possible ties to ISIS and/or other Terrorist Organizations more closely.
Pentax

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:31:16 PM

Much like Glenn Beck Murdering and raping that girl, I think we really need to examine BA's possible ties to ISIS and/or other Terrorist Organizations more closely.

If they are I'd say leave them alone.  It's exactly these type of idiots that kinda, sorta, but not really know what they're doing that make shit that blows up their own people.

greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:22:43 PM

So if I'm to understand this correctly, when questioned about refunds Alexey Assholeev lectures us about how they're on the brink of bankruptcy, yet they're capable of moving forward on a fab project that will have millions of dollars in upfront cost.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:29:12 PM

So if I'm to understand this correctly, when questioned about refunds Alexey Assholeev lectures us about how they're on the brink of bankruptcy, yet they're capable of moving forward on a fab project that will have millions of dollars in upfront cost.
That's about the gist of it. No money for refunds, because they've spent it all on miner parts - now long obsolete - but plenty of money to fund not one, but two fab projects: the 14 nm SHA256 chip and an ASIC Scrypt chip.

Of course, their claims could just be more bullshit. Last I checked, they were still looking for suckers partners to help fund the Scrypt ASIC project at a million a pop.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: