Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:43:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 01:40:14 AM

Any news about F-Secure? Smiley
I remember some announcements back in the interview, like a discount when buying with Opal?
(https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=51 maybe like 40€ someday Wink)

F-Secure is a well known company with high quality products/services.
Also one F-Secure share is about 2,58$ actual.

I am curious about it, but also patient. Maybe there will be a serious partnership some day.

Greets 0bert

Hi!

The excellent F-Secure Safe security suite is available at the shop: https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=51

The original discount has ended some time ago, but here's a new one: Starting now and lasting until next Friday (or as long as we have licenses remaining), you can get 10% off from the three device license of F-Secure Safe by applying the coupon code "OPALMAGIC" in your shopping cart. Wink

Actually, I'll make the same code apply for Zemana AntiLogger as well - together with F-Secure Safe, these two deliver a very serious security boost!

I'm still continuing the discussions with F-Secure regarding deeper co-operation in the area of bringing more security to the crypto currency scene, but can't provide any updates on that just yet. These things take time - people in the positions of decision making tend to be chronically overwhelmed with undone TODO items... Wink

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0bert

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:51:20 AM

Any news about F-Secure? Smiley
I remember some announcements back in the interview, like a discount when buying with Opal?
(https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=51 maybe like 40€ someday Wink)

F-Secure is a well known company with high quality products/services.
Also one F-Secure share is about 2,58$ actual.

I am curious about it, but also patient. Maybe there will be a serious partnership some day.

Greets 0bert

Hi!

The excellent F-Secure Safe security suite is available at the shop: https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=51

The original discount has ended some time ago, but here's a new one: *Starting now and lasting until next Friday (or as long as we have licenses remaining), you can get 10% off from the three device license of F-Secure Safe by applying the coupon code "OPALMAGIC" in your shopping cart. Wink

Actually, I'll make the same code apply for Zemana AntiLogger as well - together with F-Secure Safe, these two deliver a very serious security boost!

**I'm still continuing the discussions with F-Secure regarding deeper co-operation in the area of bringing more security to the crypto currency scene, but can't provide any updates on that just yet. These things take time - people in the positions of decision making tend to be chronically overwhelmed with undone TODO items... Wink

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

*Great Jyri! Smiley

**I know it takes time, but maybe someday... Wink
I could imagine something like a super-secure wallet, straight updatet by F-Secure against all that bad garbage out in the web, specially crypto related.
Thanks for your reply!

Greets 0bert
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 02:00:12 AM

*Great Jyri! Smiley

I could imagine something like a super-secure wallet, straight updatet by F-Secure against all that bad garbage out in the web, specially crypto related.
Thanks for your reply!

Greets 0bert

Hi, and thank you for the support!

Indeed, something like what you're describing is what I have in mind as well. I've brought the idea up but it's impossible to say at this point if it's going to catch fire or not. Wink

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:57:16 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 05:09:36 AM by RCan06

*Great Jyri! Smiley

Thanks for your reply!

Greets 0bert

Indeed, something like what you're describing is what I have in mind as well. I've brought the idea up but it's impossible to say at this point if it's going to catch fire or not. Wink

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Something like this is definitely needed imo. I have a friend who was curious about owning Bitcoin, but he like (I assume) the majority of the computer using population knows absolutely nothing about how to safely download or what not to download, how to keep ones computer protected, and generally how to be cautious online. I basically told him to steer clear of buying Bitcoin until he's taken the time to learn the precautions of the internet (simple things like creating decent passwords, and not accidentally downloading 4 different browser 'search bars' lol).

I also think the majority of computer users don't really have a clue how to keep themselves somewhat safe online, which in the crypto-currency world equals bad news. It will be pretty crucial if Bitcoin or any crypto is to go big-time mainstream, like a popular website, that some form of protection is in place to keep general users funds safe. Many are too lazy to spend hours reading about computer safety if they aren't interested in much beyond Facebook/Reddit/Amazon etc, so protecting the general populations crypto-funds is important.

Software like this would see its true benefit when crypto-currency moves beyond the realm of those that mostly have a decent computer knowledge (enough to be interested in the idea of crypto-currency in the first place ha), and towards the general public which doesn't really have computer knowledge beyond whats recommended to them at an electronics store.

Also, my mouth is watering at some of the Audio equipment you have in your shop, but I'm waiting on the value of OPAL to increase in the future before I tempt myself Tongue
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:32:36 PM

Also, my mouth is watering at some of the Audio equipment you have in your shop, but I'm waiting on the value of OPAL to increase in the future before I tempt myself

Here is the trick on getting a deal on the Audio... Buy More Opal! If the costs for the Audio you want are $5000 and you need Opal to buy it anyways. You buy instead of wait for people to sell to you low. Then when you have bought 20.8 BTC worth of Opal the price will skyrocket making your purchase cost less total Opal. This just shows the disparity of the price right now. Check this math out...

$5,000 worth of BitCoin at $240 right now is 20.8 BTC.
20.8 Divided by the cost of OPAL at .00003 right now equals 694,444.44 total OPAL.

So you would need about a quarter of a million OPAL just to buy the $5,000 audio hardware at .00003. Unfortunately you have to buy higher prices as you go up the sell wall but that will also make it so you need to buy less coin and will need an average to know the final position. Or just keep buying like 40 BitCoin worth and get a better deal on the Audio Hardware. Then sell off the extra later but don't lose money Smiley

That means the total supply of Opal is worth about 21.6 $5,000 purchases and the markets would fluctuate wildly just to create liquidity for one purchase. I am sure if you bump the sell wall up and then place a massive buy wall at a decent place you will get sellers into your wall. But this is to say you can not buy the same Audio hardware for BitCoin alone. This is the disparity in the price since there are only 15 Million coins and ideally they should be worth what BitCoin is worth to make it so you shouldn't have to use BitCoin to buy things in place of OPAL or priced by BitCoin as an index to worth.

OPAL is way undervalued since it should also PEG with SJCX since OPAL is the key to using Storj within the SuperNET. But SJCX is 500Mil Coins and OPAL is 15Mil so do the market cap on that comparison and you will see the real disparity in price!

We should offer that Hacker some Audio Hardware as a Ransom for the Stolen OPAL, since 1 Speaker set is about the worth of the coin he stole Smiley Cuz OPAL ROCKS!
OpalTeam (OP)

Activity: 262

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 05:38:22 PM

Quote from: DeadCatBounceGod

Code:
░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░
░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄░░░░░
░░▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄░░░
░▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░
░█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░
▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█▀░░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░█▄░░▀██████▀░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░██░░█
█░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄▄█▀░░░░░░░██▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄█░░▄█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▀░░░░█▀
█▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄█▀░
░█▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█░░░
░░█▄░░▀█▄░░▀▀▀███████▄▄▄░░░▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░
░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░█░░░█░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░▄█▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Voidlord

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:44:29 PM

*Great Jyri! Smiley

Thanks for your reply!

Greets 0bert

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Something like this is definitely needed imo. I have a friend who was curious about owning Bitcoin, but he like (I assume) the majority of the computer using population knows absolutely nothing about how to safely download or what not to download, how to keep ones computer protected, and generally how to be cautious online. I basically told him to steer clear of buying Bitcoin until he's taken the time to learn the precautions of the internet (simple things like creating decent passwords, and not accidentally downloading 4 different browser 'search bars' lol).

I also think the majority of computer users don't really have a clue how to keep themselves somewhat safe online, which in the crypto-currency world equals bad news. It will be pretty crucial if Bitcoin or any crypto is to go big-time mainstream, like a popular website, that some form of protection is in place to keep general users funds safe. Many are too lazy to spend hours reading about computer safety if they aren't interested in much beyond Facebook/Reddit/Amazon etc, so protecting the general populations crypto-funds is important.

Software like this would see its true benefit when crypto-currency moves beyond the realm of those that mostly have a decent computer knowledge (enough to be interested in the idea of crypto-currency in the first place ha), and towards the general public which doesn't really have computer knowledge beyond whats recommended to them at an electronics store.

+1, RCan06, Cryptos needs ergonomy, intuitivity and security, the market embedded in the wallet is a very good move (without using browser), F-Secure deal, antikeylogger, (maybe with the tricks consisting in creating another secure desktop -> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/677695/Csharp-Create-Secure-Desktop-Anti-Keylogger), wallet integrity checker, HTML5 wallet, even Opal drive could be a decisive step toward security.... Opalteam are not just thinktank, they really build ideas: i thank them for that !

E=(ɔ)mc²
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:49:21 PM

Also, my mouth is watering at some of the Audio equipment you have in your shop, but I'm waiting on the value of OPAL to increase in the future before I tempt myself

Here is the trick on getting a deal on the Audio... Buy More Opal! If the costs for the Audio you want are $5000 and you need Opal to buy it anyways. You buy instead of wait for people to sell to you low. Then when you have bought 20.8 BTC worth of Opal the price will skyrocket making your purchase cost less total Opal. This just shows the disparity of the price right now. Check this math out...

$5,000 worth of BitCoin at $240 right now is 20.8 BTC.
20.8 Divided by the cost of OPAL at .00003 right now equals 694,444.44 total OPAL.

So you would need about a quarter of a million OPAL just to buy the $5,000 audio hardware at .00003. Unfortunately you have to buy higher prices as you go up the sell wall but that will also make it so you need to buy less coin and will need an average to know the final position. Or just keep buying like 40 BitCoin worth and get a better deal on the Audio Hardware. Then sell off the extra later but don't lose money Smiley

That means the total supply of Opal is worth about 21.6 $5,000 purchases and the markets would fluctuate wildly just to create liquidity for one purchase. I am sure if you bump the sell wall up and then place a massive buy wall at a decent place you will get sellers into your wall. But this is to say you can not buy the same Audio hardware for BitCoin alone. This is the disparity in the price since there are only 15 Million coins and ideally they should be worth what BitCoin is worth to make it so you shouldn't have to use BitCoin to buy things in place of OPAL or priced by BitCoin as an index to worth.

OPAL is way undervalued since it should also PEG with SJCX since OPAL is the key to using Storj within the SuperNET. But SJCX is 500Mil Coins and OPAL is 15Mil so do the market cap on that comparison and you will see the real disparity in price!

We should offer that Hacker some Audio Hardware as a Ransom for the Stolen OPAL, since 1 Speaker set is about the worth of the coin he stole Smiley Cuz OPAL ROCKS!

Excellent idea Tongue!

Perhaps I should rewrite that last sentence to mean, I should probably wait until I've finished paying off student loans and all my other expenses before I start putting further thousands into crypto-currency, especially if it's for the purpose of supporting my other expensive hobby Tongue

I only need my opal stash to rise ~800% (which imo is totally plausible, since I've already seen an ~800% rise from my first OPAL purchase Wink Now if Bitcoin gets moving as well... Woooo!

Accumulate low, buy goods high, and I've been accumulating n' waiting!

@Voidlord, You turned Canada into the masts of a pirate ship, how dare you  Grin
Voidlord

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:19:51 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 09:34:28 PM by Voidlord

@Voidlord, You turned Canada into the masts of a pirate ship, how dare you  Grin
Smiley
"Uh yeoh, lad, 'tis a 74 guns, Man-o-war ( built in Quebec, i must admit ) not a vulgar pirate brigantine..."
 Grin

E=(ɔ)mc²
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:09:21 PM

@Voidlord, You turned Canada into the masts of a pirate ship, how dare you  Grin
Smiley
"Uh yeoh, lad, 'tis a 74 guns, Man-o-war ( built in Quebec, i must admit ) not a vulgar pirate brigantine..."
 Grin

You're a Quebecer eh ? :p
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:34:08 PM

Altcoin.Center CryptoShop, is so good.
But I can't part with any opals right now  Grin.
OpalTeam (OP)

Activity: 262

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 10:37:47 PM

The Opal Team is proud to announce the GUI version of the colored coins wallet. 
It will be taking the form of a web wallet, entitled ColorCore. 

A few features you can expect in the future:

* Client Side Encryption -- We can't touch your funds
* Easy Crowdfunding Tools
* A colored coins block explorer
* 2FA
* And more!

We have included a screenshot below.

Kind Regards,

OpalTeam

etoque
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:48:30 PM

Thats why I love opal and I think this is one of the major 2015 coin.

Development are constant,pr and eta perfect,people are strongly confident. Future is good here.

Good job guys keep this professionalism. Smiley

buying more.
jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:56:41 PM

that is awesome Smiley

Opal moving forward!
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:57:39 PM

* 2FA
* And more!

Kind Regards,

OpalTeam

Opal is one of the most promising coins on the market

Keep up good work

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:08:00 PM

Looks really good guys, can't wait to use it.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:14:09 AM

*Great Jyri! Smiley

Thanks for your reply!

Greets 0bert

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

+1, RCan06, Cryptos needs ergonomy, intuitivity and security, the market embedded in the wallet is a very good move (without using browser), F-Secure deal, antikeylogger, (maybe with the tricks consisting in creating another secure desktop -> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/677695/Csharp-Create-Secure-Desktop-Anti-Keylogger), wallet integrity checker, HTML5 wallet, even Opal drive could be a decisive step toward security.... Opalteam are not just thinktank, they really build ideas: i thank them for that !

That Graphic gave me an idea of what to use OPAL drive for... The New Pirate Bay! Hoist the Sails! A completely encrypted file system inside the SuperNET! Subscriptions in OPAL granting access from providers. Setting Sail for the Super Seas!
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:20:05 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 01:57:34 AM by etoque

^

http://thepiratebay.se/

Grin

Good idea at least! Start a kind of piratebay powered by opal features
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:02:39 AM

* 2FA
* And more!

Kind Regards,

OpalTeam

bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:40:46 AM

* 2FA
* And more!

Kind Regards,

OpalTeam

where can I learn more about the "Easy Crowdfunding tools" feature?

That's farther along and won't be in v1 release, but basically, it's a very similar system to lighthouse  using p2sh
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: