Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:20:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:49:01 AM

Pretty strange, downloaded the wallet and extracted, but when I try to start the wallet it stops after couple seconds.
Any idea, someone?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Truther

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 06:05:48 AM

Pretty strange, downloaded the wallet and extracted, but when I try to start the wallet it stops after couple seconds.
Any idea, someone?
Just keep starting it till it catches a node and you wont have any issues after it finally boots up
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:16:42 AM

The Opal Team is proud to announce the GUI version of the colored coins wallet. 
It will be taking the form of a web wallet, entitled ColorCore. 

A few features you can expect in the future:

* Client Side Encryption -- We can't touch your funds
* Easy Crowdfunding Tools
* A colored coins block explorer
* 2FA
* And more!

We have included a screenshot below.

Kind Regards,

OpalTeam

where can I learn more about the "Easy Crowdfunding tools" feature?

That's farther along and won't be in v1 release, but basically, it's a very similar system to lighthouse  using p2sh

Thanks, I ask because I've designed a multi-coin crowdfunding cooperative (you guys are invited to express interest) that will accept fiat and CC, and a bunch of other thing to boost the CC industry in general, and all of the coin communities involved, and also give indiegogo and kickstarter a run for everyone's money.

thanks again

PM me, I have a domain name that's pretty good for a crowdfunding site
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:37:15 AM

Everything about OPAL keeps getting better and better!  Grin

Pretty intrigued by coloured coins now, excellent developments, looks like 2015 will be treating us well Cool
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:14:47 PM

Any idea, someone?

are you using windows 8 by any chance?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:18:43 PM

Any idea, someone?

are you using windows 8 by any chance?

yes
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:57:10 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 06:32:37 AM by ontopicplease

Any idea, someone?
Just keep starting it till it catches a node and you wont have any issues after it finally boots up

Don't want to be rude, but isn't this a bit amateuristic for such a hightech coin?
Hmm, after 7 tries I got it running, but then it stopped; "runtime error".
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:59:29 AM

Any idea, someone?

Don't want to be rude, but isn't this a bit amateuristic for such a hightech coin?

Sorry, he's not our tech guy, PM me on irc for tech help Smiley
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:37:49 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 08:07:28 AM by ontopicplease

Any idea, someone?

Got irc open, but don't know how to pm. Everytime I type something it doesn't post in the chat.
This is not a coin for the regular people, I guess. don't know how irc works, wallet not opening, forget about it, I 'll better buy another coin.
Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:11:12 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 01:09:14 PM by Voidlord

Any idea, someone?

Got irc open, but don't know how to pm. Everytime I type something it doesn't post in the chat.
This is not a coin for the regular people, I guess. don't know how irc works, wallet not opening, forget about it, I 'll better buy another coin.

Hello Ontopicplease,

You can try this first:
Close the Opal Qt GUI.
you have windows 8 : Open a File Explorer window and click the "View" tab and tick "File name extensions".
then go here:
C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin
Copy the file wallet.dat and paste it in another folder you can found with ease. check if you really did this copy/paste in the new folder.
in C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin delete blk0001.dat and rename the wallet.dat wich is in the Opalcoin folder: wallet_test.dat
Start the Opal Qt, wait the total blockchain synchronisation without worrying about your coin (remember they are safe in two locations: the wallet.dat you saved in another folder and the wallet_test.dat you left in C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin
if everything is ok, close your Opal Qt, go to find your wallet.dat in the other folder and copy/paste it in
then open your Opal Qt !

if after that you still encounter Wallet crashes please go here:
http://webchat.freenode.net/#
choose a nickname
type #opalcoin in "channel"
put the captcha
 and wait 20 second, you will be connected on IRC, then left click on Bassguitarman and choose query, he will be glad to help you to fix your Issue

Hope it helps,

P.S: please dont be so fast to test, ask, judge and quit Opal, here you really have help, just read back a little bit the thread to see the techs are quickly fixing issues Wink

E=(ɔ)mc²
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:30:18 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 03:49:20 PM by etoque

Any idea, someone?

Take it easy friend ! For IRC I think you'll need to log in first now. After,better look more about opal coin I think,skip this one only because you can't load wallet is a bit fast .... This let me remember when I sell 10k XC at 3k only because wallet was buggy and some week later the price jump to 15k,after 30...70... 150... 300... Ehh. WHen you'll found a dev team know what they do ,working hard... better invest early Smiley

Development are constant,price stable,people are very confident and some nice feature coming soon too.Everything you'll need from here is patience. Opal was a safe bet from the beggining, should take a deeply look Smiley
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:52:18 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 04:16:50 PM by drm

It's an issue with win 8 , relax lol.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:12:52 PM

The Opal Team is proud to announce the GUI version of the colored coins wallet. 
It will be taking the form of a web wallet, entitled ColorCore. 

A few features you can expect in the future:

* Client Side Encryption -- We can't touch your funds
* Easy Crowdfunding Tools
* A colored coins block explorer
* 2FA
* And more!

We have included a screenshot below.

Kind Regards,

OpalTeam

where can I learn more about the "Easy Crowdfunding tools" feature?

That's farther along and won't be in v1 release, but basically, it's a very similar system to lighthouse  using p2sh

Thanks, I ask because I've designed a multi-coin crowdfunding cooperative (you guys are invited to express interest) that will accept fiat and CC, and a bunch of other thing to boost the CC industry in general, and all of the coin communities involved, and also give indiegogo and kickstarter a run for everyone's money.

thanks again

PM me, I have a domain name that's pretty good for a crowdfunding site

This is for looks great!! I will think for create fun asset  Cool
jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:33:38 PM

SuperNET integration in the Opal wallet works perfectly, keep it up ! Smiley
Having issues trying to get my nxt wallet to work suddenly, so this saves my day thanks Smiley
Voidlord

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:05:01 PM

Hi guys !

I am proud to be a part of the Opal Team now !

I will help bassguitarman, coolcash, Danz0r77, Darkne55, Truther

I will take care about:
-Tutorials
-Communication
-Marketing
and pictures (i like it)

And obviously i will be here still helping newcomers, to feel how colorful & powerful is (and will be) the opal ideas !

Keep on growing !

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:13:33 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 06:57:02 PM by Voidlord

Here is the the colored opal FAQ, also known as the colored coin FAQ, it will be edited as questions come.

Smart properties are transferable like tickets and certificates, and in addition, every particular smart property is both unique and atomic. Only one smart property of a given identifier can be created, and once created it may not be subdivided.
Smart properties can be used to indicate ownership of an unique real-world asset.

Do i need a specific wallet to use Colored opal ?
Yes, you need an color-aware wallet: the colorcore web wallet

What features is included in the Colorcore?
the Colorcore includes:
-Client Side Encryption: Nobody can't touch your funds.
-Easy Crowdfunding Tools
-A colored coins block explorer
-2 Factor Authentification
-and more...

What is the benefit of colored opal ?
Instead of just sending cash through the Opal network, you can use it to trade anything you want.
With colored opal we can explore new possibilities like advanced financial tools, smart contracts and peer-to-peer exchange over the Internet.
Colored coins adds a new layer to Opal that make it much more useful.

How can i get colored opal ?
There’s no need to purchase extra coins, just use regular Opal and the colorcore wallet to create and transfer assets.

Do i need development skills to create such property, such asset ? on top of the Opal Blockchain ?
No, you dont need any technical skills to create colored coins.

Do you need to change the protocol ?
No, you must see colored opal technology as an implementation in the form of a floating set of specifications that can be implemented in third-party Qt clients, rather than in the protocol itself.

Did colored opal work with opaque technology ?
Not currently...

Is colored opal value as the same value as classic opal ?
Yes, an opal is an opal, but you should see a colored coins as a tool: a token, a title, a key...
color a coin is like writing something unique on it.
A good example is: color a coin which represents the car and who owns that coin owns the car.
A futuristic example will be: Only people who sign an address holding a colored coin can use that car.
The buyer gives you 10,000 Opals, and you give him the colored coins, the key which allow the buyer (and nobody else) to open it, start it... use it.

Can i modify a colored opal into a classic opal ?
Yes.

Does colored coin need a centralized "coloring transaction server", are there nodes that do the verification and storage?
No, it is completly decentralized.

How does this technically work?
for such technical approach, please read: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AnkP_cVZTCMLIzw4DvsW6M8Q2JC0lIzrTLuoWu2z1BE/edit#

What is the limit of colored opal ?
Your, Our imaginations. You are free to link anything which can be trade...  without central authority, notarial act, or middlemen...
to give you ideas, let's list examples:

-Shares A company could issue colored coins representing shares. The shares could then be traded frictionlessly through the Opal infrastructure.
-Backed coin A bank could issue colored coins backed by a cash reserve[/b]. People could withdraw and deposit money in colored coins, and trade those, or use them to pay for goods and services. The Blockchain becomes a system allowing to transact not only in Opal, but in any currency.

-Locks on cars or houses could be associated with a particular type of colored coins. The door would only open when presented with a wallet containing that specific coin.

-Tickets are transferable bearer tokens which are designed to be eventually redeemed for some kind of real world value.
Examples of tickets include:
Event entry passes
Store coupons and special offers
Frequent flyer miles and other redeemable rewards

-Certificates are transferable and redeemable in the same manner as tickets, and they additionally entitle the bearer to some kind of revenue paid through the blockchain.
Certificates can be used for bearer securities, such as securitized loans, mortgages, bonds, and dividend-paying stocks.

....the potential is huge, we do not believe we have fully mapped out all the possibilities it opens up !

E=(ɔ)mc²
jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:15:12 PM

welcome Voidlord, glad to have you on board ! Smiley
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:18:49 AM

Hi guys !

I am proud to be a part of the Opal Team now !

I will help bassguitarman, coolcash, Danz0r77, Darkne55, Truther

I will take care about:
-Tutorials
-Communication
-Marketing
and pictures (i like it)

And obviously i will be here still helping newcomers, to feel how colorful & powerful is (and will be) the opal ideas !

Keep on growing !

gratz for lvl up  Cheesy
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:20:16 AM

Any idea, someone?

Hello Ontopicplease,

You can try this first:
Close the Opal Qt GUI.
you have windows 8 : Open a File Explorer window and click the "View" tab and tick "File name extensions".
then go here:
Copy the file wallet.dat and paste it in another folder you can found with ease. check if you really did this copy/paste in the new folder.
in C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin delete blk0001.dat and rename the wallet.dat wich is in the Opalcoin folder: wallet_test.dat
Start the Opal Qt, wait the total blockchain synchronisation without worrying about your coin (remember they are safe in two locations: the wallet.dat you saved in another folder and the wallet_test.dat you left in C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin
if everything is ok, close your Opal Qt, go to find your wallet.dat in the other folder and copy/paste it in
then open your Opal Qt !

if after that you still encounter Wallet crashes please go here:
http://webchat.freenode.net/#
choose a nickname
type #opalcoin in "channel"
put the captcha
 and wait 20 second, you will be connected on IRC, then left click on Bassguitarman and choose query, he will be glad to help you to fix your Issue

Hope it helps,

P.S: please dont be so fast to test, ask, judge and quit Opal, here you really have help, just read back a little bit the thread to see the techs are quickly fixing issues Wink

Thanks a lot for your time. At the moment really busy, going to try soon.
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:11:23 AM

Do you need to change the protocol ?
No, you must see colored opal technology as an implementation in the form of a floating set of specifications that can be implemented in third-party Qt clients, rather than in the protocol itself.

What I'd really like to see is a whitepaper that explains how a standard opal transaction can be colored/uncolored.

Where is the coloring information stored and how is it verified?

Does any of it go through a centralized "coloring transaction server" or are there special nodes that do the verification and storage?

How does this technically work?

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: