Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:41:31 PM

Pump and dump games flashed me once again Smiley. Good I lost only 0.1 on this crap. I see this coin declining further and further in the coming days/weeks.

Too bad for you if you don't have vision, I see this coin growing in coming days/week.  Smiley

You misread him.  When someone says publically "I see this coin declining further and further" what it usually means is:

"I hope you all sell for a cheap price, so I can buy back in and recover my 0.1 btc losses"

Don't worry PhilipMorris, anytime right around now is a decent price to still get in.. No need to spread FUD.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:44:13 PM

for the layman out there. What is so good about superNET??

Read Post #1741 and also #1742 in this thread.  It explains the benefit of SuperNET.

Don't speed read through it, or glance over it. The information is right in those two important posts.

In short: Any SuperNET sponsored coin, can use any other coin's features.  Devs are shared among all SuperNET coins as one big group.  Holders of SuperNET coins can enjoy the fruits of all coindev labor across all coins.  It's a sharing of technology.

Thanks for this explanation.

After I posted above, reaching out for help, I typed in SuperNet on YouTube and there was a fascinating interview (about an hour long) about how revolutionary SuperNet is/will be and which I HIGHLY recommend. It was with some guy who is not a techy who was explaining in laymans terms what it was and how it would revolutionise the Crypto world etc. I am very excited- one of the reasons I have joined this forum! I have a couple of questions I hope someone may be able to help with. Hopefully it will help others on their journey too.

1. I have read a lot of stuff about dividends, tokens and a fund. How would one partake in this part of the journey? How simple is it? Do you need to be able to code and stuff or is it a case of downloading a wallet etc.?

2. Is is better to download the SuperNet blockchain  on their website, or invest in UNITY? (I am only on Cryptsy at the moment so this option may mean having to switch exchanges.)

3. Why wouldn't someone simply just invest in OPAL, NXT, UNITY and BTCD etc. to benefit from this dev boom? Or is it a case of you need to immerse yourself in the tech to truly be a part of this?

Grateful for any help on this.

Cheers!
SuperNET/UNITY is not a coin, it has no blockchain. Just owning it is all you need to do in order to receive dividends. You can purchase directly with NXT on the NXT Asset Exchange or via BTC from bter. bter is also biggest NXT exchange so either to get NXT or UNITY (trading symbol for SuperNET) that is where to start.

A lot of people get the NXT and or UNITY and withdraw to their NXT wallet. Once there, they can start using the decentralized asset exchange and never have to deal with centralized exchange issues.

So, no need to be a coder, just need to be able to buy stuff on bter and withdraw into a NXT wallet (nxt.org to download it). NXT does have a blockchain.

UNITY is the all inclusive asset that is diversified. So less risk, but it will gain as the average does. So, if you are able to pick the components withing SuperNET that will outperform the rest, then you can get a better return. Most people get a bit of this, a bit of that to tailor their portfolio to match how they feel things will turn out.

Now SuperNET itself holds around 10% of the core coins, so with SuperNET you are indirectly purchasing OPAL, NXT, BTCD, etc.

I know, its a bit confusing, but any global conglomerate is quite complicated internally.

James

Cool. Do I need to sell UNITY and buy other superNET assets (pangea, etc) with NXT in order to get a non-standard superNET porfolio?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:52:27 PM

for the layman out there. What is so good about superNET??

Read Post #1741 and also #1742 in this thread.  It explains the benefit of SuperNET.

Don't speed read through it, or glance over it. The information is right in those two important posts.

In short: Any SuperNET sponsored coin, can use any other coin's features.  Devs are shared among all SuperNET coins as one big group.  Holders of SuperNET coins can enjoy the fruits of all coindev labor across all coins.  It's a sharing of technology.

Thanks for this explanation.

After I posted above, reaching out for help, I typed in SuperNet on YouTube and there was a fascinating interview (about an hour long) about how revolutionary SuperNet is/will be and which I HIGHLY recommend. It was with some guy who is not a techy who was explaining in laymans terms what it was and how it would revolutionise the Crypto world etc. I am very excited- one of the reasons I have joined this forum! I have a couple of questions I hope someone may be able to help with. Hopefully it will help others on their journey too.

1. I have read a lot of stuff about dividends, tokens and a fund. How would one partake in this part of the journey? How simple is it? Do you need to be able to code and stuff or is it a case of downloading a wallet etc.?

2. Is is better to download the SuperNet blockchain  on their website, or invest in UNITY? (I am only on Cryptsy at the moment so this option may mean having to switch exchanges.)

3. Why wouldn't someone simply just invest in OPAL, NXT, UNITY and BTCD etc. to benefit from this dev boom? Or is it a case of you need to immerse yourself in the tech to truly be a part of this?

Grateful for any help on this.

Cheers!
SuperNET/UNITY is not a coin, it has no blockchain. Just owning it is all you need to do in order to receive dividends. You can purchase directly with NXT on the NXT Asset Exchange or via BTC from bter. bter is also biggest NXT exchange so either to get NXT or UNITY (trading symbol for SuperNET) that is where to start.

A lot of people get the NXT and or UNITY and withdraw to their NXT wallet. Once there, they can start using the decentralized asset exchange and never have to deal with centralized exchange issues.

So, no need to be a coder, just need to be able to buy stuff on bter and withdraw into a NXT wallet (nxt.org to download it). NXT does have a blockchain.

UNITY is the all inclusive asset that is diversified. So less risk, but it will gain as the average does. So, if you are able to pick the components withing SuperNET that will outperform the rest, then you can get a better return. Most people get a bit of this, a bit of that to tailor their portfolio to match how they feel things will turn out.

Now SuperNET itself holds around 10% of the core coins, so with SuperNET you are indirectly purchasing OPAL, NXT, BTCD, etc.

I know, its a bit confusing, but any global conglomerate is quite complicated internally.

James

Cool. Do I need to sell UNITY and buy other superNET assets (pangea, etc) with NXT in order to get a non-standard superNET porfolio?
No need to sell the UNITY
Since you are new to all this, just put some small amounts into different things. The SuperNET/UNITY is quite boring as far as crypto standards go. All during the bear market it was +/-15% or so, the downs will be less and the ups, well I think it will be more like a turtle, but you never know on the upside.

OPAL can 10x again and while SuperNET can also, it would be much more difficult for a SuperNET 10x than an OPAL 10x. The other assets are all very very different, so each one needs to be understood and some are trading on multiple markets, there could be cross market arbitrage. It is really no simple answer

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:57:50 PM

Since you are new to all this, just put some small amounts into different things. The SuperNET/UNITY is quite boring as far as crypto standards go. All during the bear market it was +/-15% or so, the downs will be less and the ups, well I think it will be more like a turtle, but you never know on the upside.

OPAL can 10x again and while SuperNET can also, it would be much more difficult for a SuperNET 10x than an OPAL 10x. The other assets are all very very different, so each one needs to be understood and some are trading on multiple markets, there could be cross market arbitrage. It is really no simple answer

James

In my opinion:

So if you want to save your money and hold it into something other than BTC, UNITY is a good buy, because it is designed with price stability in mind.

If you want to grow your money with something, choose the best SuperNET coin partner (like Opal for instance) to buy some coins with..

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
drm
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:03:15 PM

so in the near future opal on bter?  Roll Eyes
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:12:14 PM

James

Let me get this straight: since superNET is including all the assets for a % (ie 10%btcd 10%opal 5%pahngea, etc), you get all dividends by holding UNITY.
Is there a way to change these % from the superNET wallet, for example, 15%btcd 5%opal 20% pangea 0%anotherasset, etc?

Thank you for your time.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
BLACKCOIN883

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:18:50 PM

James

Let me get this straight: since superNET is including all the assets for a % (ie 10%btcd 10%opal 5%pahngea, etc), you get all dividends by holding UNITY.
Is there a way to change these % from the superNET wallet, for example, 15%btcd 5%opal 20% pangea 0%anotherasset, etc?

Thank you for your time.

the div you get paid on unity is not the same
btcd holders for example seem to get 50% of btcd/nxt trading fee's on mgw paid out as div on bter in nxt?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 04:31:44 PM

James

Thank you for your time.

the div you get paid on unity is not the same
btcd holders for example seem to get 50% of btcd/nxt trading fee's on mgw paid out as div on bter in nxt?
BTCD stakers get 5% of SuperNET revenues
NXT core deves get 5% of SuperNET revenues
20% of SuperNET revenues are allocated for the core coin communities allocated by the usage of each coin within SuperNET
50% of SuperNET revenues go to SuperNET/UNITY asset holders
10% of revenues go toward expenses
10% TBD

I am working on a way to easily convert between all the SuperNET core coins, so you could use that to change your different balances, but that is for next year

James

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:40:28 PM

I just hope BTER will honor all of the different dividends, otherwise it's better to whitdraw UNITY to your wallet right now. We are still waiting for the Pangea dividends from BTER.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 04:48:21 PM

I just hope BTER will honor all of the different dividends, otherwise it's better to whitdraw UNITY to your wallet right now. We are still waiting for the Pangea dividends from BTER.
I heard back last night, they are working on it

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:53:51 PM

I heard back last night, they are working on it

Thanks for the update.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:48:14 PM

For me personally trader bter or other asia exchange, is the best material  Cool

DeckardKain

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:11:14 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 10:43:38 PM by DeckardKain

everyone is talking about supernet and i am here waiting for a wallpaper...

now i made one myself, but some people here will hopefully make better ones.

1920x1080
http://s29.postimg.org/lyuw7cf39/opal_wallpaper3.jpg

I also ordered the first-ever-opal-t-shirt.
(i asked the devs if its okay - DARKNE55 approved!)
http://s18.postimg.org/92dqv94l5/opalshirtwhite.jpg
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

Hey guys, just a fun little experiment we're doing called OPALTOKEN.

To get the opal community familiar with NXT and Supernet, we're creating a token on the nxt asset exchange called OPALTKN.

This token is free (faucet: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XnrJrocJbeqJX3h_dyJBjEWkzlt7lnUsFuIJiMltbx8/viewform) but may gain value if people want it to.  The distribution is as follows:

15m Coins

50% in initial distribution
25% tipped in bountys and prizes and other distributions
25% for the Opal Team

This is just for fun, and we hope you guys like it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XnrJrocJbeqJX3h_dyJBjEWkzlt7lnUsFuIJiMltbx8/viewform
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:59:11 AM

1920x1080

I also ordered the first-ever-opal-t-shirt.
(i asked the devs if its okay - DARKNE55 approved!)

I want one of these shirts!!!! Cheesy
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:38:12 AM

i think opal must grow to 0.0005 quickly
it is the price for coins without projects and communauty....it is not the case for opal
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:41:12 AM

1920x1080

Nice, using that as my background Smiley
DeckardKain

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:44:29 AM

Nice, using that as my background Smiley

now you make me blush mr dev! I got some spare time this Weekend, ill make even a better one
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:48:47 AM

Looks nice in action  Wink

DeckardKain

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:13:11 AM

Looks nice in action  Wink

youre awesome! I mean that you Play AoEII... just saying BigDaddy !! aoeeee uh uh... xD
ok also some settlers...and starwars and..... but wait we get kinda out of topic.

we should add us in steam lol
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: