Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 04:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383385 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:07:51 AM

Yep, probabaly the hacker buying their own coins , to try n create a buy spree.. problem is.. traders know math.. this will go no where till their all dumped. ( or a LARGE majority)
CryptoLTD

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:09:32 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:28:31 AM by CryptoLTD

IMO the rollback would be the better option, then leaving the coins in the hands of the thief.  

Whats the problem with a rollback ? Basicly nobody looses anything , just the thief.
Are you okay with rolling back the blockchain every time someone gets their money stolen? How 'bout when someone makes a purchase and the seller never ships? Do they get a blockchain rollback? Lost your wallet.dat due to hard drive crash... Rollback?

How much credibility would OPAL have once you start down that path?

Rolling Back due to one theft from one place is one thing, rolling back due to a bunch of n00bs, downloading anything willy nillie is another. Fact is this, in this instance, a roll back would be poor... another fact.. its not going to do anything impressive till those coins are sold.

Edit(added): You can thank the dumbasses that dont verify anything, click random links & dl/install anything , for OPAL going from a nice volatile mkt, to a MAJOR long play @ best.

Edit Prt 2: (Added) More than likely the same types that go to phishy 'news' sites, add every one on social media avenues, and buy IPO's.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:38:18 AM

If you're one of the weird fudders who think opal team did this, blockchain don't lie.

Stolen funds were sent to: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/oJRnuVrDUMNWberPz2CvcmRGLPdLKi4Uqy

Return address: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/obUnRgQKkPUxMhjZ8aD769f8s2eP1eo7i5
CryptoLTD

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:40:23 AM

It dosen't really mater who did it, damage is damage.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:41:08 AM

If you're one of the weird fudders who think opal team did this, blockchain don't lie.

Stolen funds were sent to: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/oJRnuVrDUMNWberPz2CvcmRGLPdLKi4Uqy

Return address: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/obUnRgQKkPUxMhjZ8aD769f8s2eP1eo7i5
Hey I never doubted you guys for a second but I still can't get a working OPAL wallet again since then and I've tried downloading right from the OPAL website and it still don't work?? Any ideas folks?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:44:28 AM

Hey I never doubted you guys for a second but I still can't get a working OPAL wallet again since then and I've tried downloading right from the OPAL website and it still don't work?? Any ideas folks?

Did you add nodes?
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:59:31 AM

Devs, all I can say is spectacular! You guys have run this coin the way a coin should be run. After this mess anyone who doubts the OPAL team is the best is obviously an idiot. Thank you!!!!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:03:15 AM

OPAL could still roll back. I think everyone is being too critical about a roll back. This coin is in it's infancy, If you are an investor and could catch a thief then all parties involved should be for a roll back since the coin was not bought outright and will crash along the way since it leads to PnD behavior in the markets. Everyone forgets that even 800K coins is about as much as it cost to get into the SuperNET, why pay thieves off or have that looming out there.

Can't we have the exchanges investigate the dumps that occurred? There was never any dumps like it so we all know that is the hacker if it came from one account and can be verified. An event on this scale is different than a few people getting some coins stolen. This was an attack on the community through this board. People were tricked and the authorities should get involved. People pay real money for these coins, if you want them to keep investing real money then there must be better safeguards and consequences for hackers.

I wonder if Opal could track the address that the coin was sent to and black list it on the exchanges and any subsequent coin sent from that wallet to any other address gets isolated. Is this possible, or too Centralized for everyone to agree with? It would be great if stolen coin could be blocked for good or recovered as soon as it hit the exchanges. Something like this has to be possible!
CryptoLTD

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:11:16 AM

OPAL could still roll back. I think everyone is being too critical about a roll back. This coin is in it's infancy, If you are an investor and could catch a thief then all parties involved should be for a roll back since the coin was not bought outright and will crash along the way since it leads to PnD behavior in the markets. Everyone forgets that even 800K coins is about as much as it cost to get into the SuperNET, why pay thieves off or have that looming out there.

Can't we have the exchanges investigate the dumps that occurred? There was never any dumps like it so we all know that is the hacker if it came from one account and can be verified. An event on this scale is different than a few people getting some coins stolen. This was an attack on the community through this board. People were tricked and the authorities should get involved. People pay real money for these coins, if you want them to keep investing real money then there must be better safeguards and consequences for hackers.

I wonder if Opal could track the address that the coin was sent to and black list it on the exchanges and any subsequent coin sent from that wallet to any other address gets isolated. Is this possible, or too Centralized for everyone to agree with? It would be great if stolen coin could be blocked for good or recovered as soon as it hit the exchanges. Something like this has to be possible!

At least one of the exchanges I know of will NOT honor a roll back. (It starts with a 'C') What does that mean? Instant de-listing. In this case, I am NOT pro-roll back.. this was due to the idiocy of many, and not just 1. Opal is now long play... probably, VERY long.
mafort1469

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:12:52 AM

At least one of the exchanges I know of will NOT honor a roll back. (It starts with a 'C') What does that mean? Instant de-listing. In this case, I am NOT pro-roll back.. this was due to the idiocy of many, and not just 1. Opal is now long play... probably, VERY long.

Good, long play is what was planned all along so be happy!

Would you rather get all the bs outta the way at 2500 or when it is 100k???
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:27:16 AM

Did you add nodes?
Yes I did and when I get into the wallet there are no connections and when I go to the debug console thing it says stuff about shadow not found or something like that? I had 70000 coins in that OPAL wallet and frick me I'd be happy to have 1/10th of that back to my addy : oKQ2ts1uaN5kH93dWKWSWwGRULWQqXyemY but I would still be extremely happy if someone could help me get this wallet running again Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

DARKNE55

Activity: 149

Opal the future

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 03:31:11 AM

Mate join us on irc we will give you a hand

Official OpalCoin Dev Fund:
BTC: 1PLnZntjhbwGJvLZnrkf5t9r9qh4yYcbYU
OPAL: oW94MapZxD6WoKtjUK45QogZ6haXLqSQ4F
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:34:12 AM

How do I join the IRC??

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mafort1469

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:39:34 AM

How do I join the IRC??

go here:  webchat.freenode.net/

type in your nickname in nickname field
type in #opalcoin in channels field
type in captcha

Don't worry about getting registered right now, just get on and get your wallet working and then we can help with getting you registered.
CryptoLTD

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:55:26 AM

Thats the problem, there will be no 10,20,50,100K untill those coins are sold, or a majority. You know as well as I, stagnant funds, dont grow.
mafort1469

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:01:22 AM

Thats the problem, there will be no 10,20,50,100K untill those coins are sold, or a majority. You know as well as I, stagnant funds, dont grow.

True, true, however as he/she is a scam artist, I do not believe he/she will wait to dump (they want a quick buck) so within the next few weeks I expect/hope all of the stolen coins to be unloaded. Maybe and just maybe they will hold some for later but highly doubtful. I do think that this will pass in a few weeks and then OPAL will get back on track IMO. Time will tell though.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:02:39 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 05:14:36 AM by etoque

Who know ? I think you underestimate the potentiel right now, the guys want his stack take value too,if he can... is probably  seeing beautiful chart he affort to do much more.... Anyway,there some people maybe have more than this guys,anyone have a link to a rich list ?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:56:38 AM

Yep, probabaly the hacker buying their own coins , to try n create a buy spree.. problem is.. traders know math.. this will go no where till their all dumped. ( or a LARGE majority)
that was me, I accidentally put in the wrong price

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
CryptoLTD

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:16:31 AM

I guess, here lays the question.. how much are you willing to 'pay' the scammer, for his services. I farking HATE scammers..cant blame the devs.. but GD I can blame stuipd people.. all fkng day.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:20:01 AM

Like it or not we now have a thief as one of the large stakeholders on the rich list.

He has no motivation to dump, anymore than any large stakeholder does. Who knows, he might even make donations to help his investment.

So, please stop with all this worrying. It doesnt help, does it? Or maybe that's the point?

OPAL dodged a bullet. Let us be thankful that there no rollback to deal with forever in the future and we can get back to improving things.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: