Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:24:21 AM

I guess, here lays the question.. how much are you willing to 'pay' the scammer, for his services. I farking HATE scammers..cant blame the devs.. but GD I can blame stuipd people.. all fkng day.
are the OPAL that the scammer has any different than the OPAL you have?
if someone steals some gold does that taint all the gold in the world? Or is it still gold?

James

P.S. I am not saying to invite the scammer for a picnic, but in my experience fretting over something you have no control over just creates stress.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:29:08 AM

Like it or not we now have a thief as one of the large stakeholders on the rich list.

He has no motivation to dump, anymore than any large stakeholder does. Who knows, he might even make donations to help his investment.

So, please stop with all this worrying. It doesnt help, does it? Or maybe that's the point?

OPAL dodged a bullet. Let us be thankful that there no rollback to deal with forever in the future and we can get back to improving things.

James

I'm not worried, it just 'sucks'. Difference is, his entry point is 0. No one else got in @ 0. He will always be 100% profitable. Believe me, by no means in this instance would I have liked a roll back, I really, truly hope, that people stop trusting every fkng thing they see written on the internet.. dont go to funky links, pay attention..never ever trust something is @ face value.. this is simple web browsing 101.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:36:06 AM

Like it or not we now have a thief as one of the large stakeholders on the rich list.

He has no motivation to dump, anymore than any large stakeholder does. Who knows, he might even make donations to help his investment.

So, please stop with all this worrying. It doesnt help, does it? Or maybe that's the point?

OPAL dodged a bullet. Let us be thankful that there no rollback to deal with forever in the future and we can get back to improving things.

James

I'm not worried, it just 'sucks'. Difference is, his entry point is 0. No one else got in @ 0. He will always be 100% profitable. Believe me, by no means in this instance would I have liked a roll back, I really, truly hope, that people stop trusting every fkng thing they see written on the internet.. dont go to funky links, pay attention..never ever trust something is @ face value.. this is simple web browsing 101.
If there is any silver lining here, it is that due to his zero cost basis, at some point in the future some lucky buyer will get below market OPAL, if he decides to dump cuz his cost basis was 0. If he doesnt, then there is no problem. So the worst that happens is a temporary price drop, we congratulate the lucky buyer whose buy order they never thought would fill, filled. And we move on.

What else to do? OPAL's value is not affected by the fact that one guy has zero cost basis for it.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
CryptoLTD

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:37:38 AM

I guess, here lays the question.. how much are you willing to 'pay' the scammer, for his services. I farking HATE scammers..cant blame the devs.. but GD I can blame stuipd people.. all fkng day.
are the OPAL that the scammer has any different than the OPAL you have?
if someone steals some gold does that taint all the gold in the world? Or is it still gold?

James

P.S. I am not saying to invite the scammer for a picnic, but in my experience fretting over something you have no control over just creates stress.

With much due respect.. Opal cannot ever be compared to gold. If gold had the low mkt cap & liquidity that alts as a whole do, or a sub-fraction of that which would be opal by itself, then yes, it would.
CryptoLTD

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:39:33 AM

James

If there is any silver lining here, it is that due to his zero cost basis, at some point in the future some lucky buyer will get below market OPAL, if he decides to dump cuz his cost basis was 0. If he doesnt, then there is no problem. So the worst that happens is a temporary price drop, we congratulate the lucky buyer whose buy order they never thought would fill, filled. And we move on.

What else to do? OPAL's value is not affected by the fact that one guy has zero cost basis for it.

James

Can't do anything, it's just now a long play.
Truther

Activity: 209

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:51:33 AM

Just gonna set this here..

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin_Truth/status/545468587595825152
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:38:36 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 08:01:16 AM by etoque

CryptoLTD Opal had allways been a longterm coin

Everytime you have a good dev team,like now, its a long term
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:22:37 AM

why withdraw and transfert still impossible on cryptsy?
StonerStanley

Activity: 535
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:26:57 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 11:42:48 AM by StonerStanley

Rolling Back due to one theft from one place is one thing, rolling back due to a bunch of n00bs, downloading anything willy nillie is another. Fact is this, in this instance, a roll back would be poor... another fact.. its not going to do anything impressive till those coins are sold.

Edit(added): You can thank the dumbasses that dont verify anything, click random links & dl/install anything , for OPAL going from a nice volatile mkt, to a MAJOR long play @ best.

Edit Prt 2: (Added) More than likely the same types that go to phishy 'news' sites, add every one on social media avenues, and buy IPO's.

Stop talking bullshit.... if you don't know how people get infected... because apparently you don't know, and you don't even know anything about the security but you blame the infected people.... nice nice.

The infected link was in a quote of the dev, the attacker changed the link.... because developers from bitcointalk don't have any skills to protect the hyperlink function, like they are not able to make a avatar function for us.

Problem is Bitcointalk.com and his unsecure hyperlink function, firstly.

Secondly, nothing (oh wait... you are the biggest dumbass that don't verify anything, talking random shit, ect)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:35:08 AM

James

Stop talking bullshit.... if you don't know how people get infected... because apparently you don't know, and you don't even know anything about the security but you blame the infected people.... nice nice.

The infected link was in a quote of the dev, the attacker changed the link.... because developers from bitcointalk don't have any skills to protect the hyperlink function, like they are not able to make a avatar function for us.

Is that why my wallet erased everything and now I can't load a new one? I had 70k in my wallet then all of a sudden this mandatory update and I do it and poof everything gone!! Like I never even made a transaction and I still can't get the wallet to work still

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

StonerStanley

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:01:11 PM

Is that why my wallet erased everything and now I can't load a new one? I had 70k in my wallet then all of a sudden this mandatory update and I do it and poof everything gone!! Like I never even made a transaction and I still can't get the wallet to work still

Hmm... i don't know why, did you tried to save your wallet and remove everything about opalcoin in your computer then reinstall?

Or maybe you can see an error code?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:03:26 PM

Hmm... i don't know why, did you tried to save your wallet and remove everything about opalcoin in your computer then reinstall?

Ya I've tried everything to get them back and even with the help of bassguitarman and darkness too and I just don't understand I mean it's not a huge loss because I bought them before they boomed but still it would be nice to even have a tenth of them back even

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

DARKNE55

Activity: 149

Opal the future

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:09:39 PM

Noob Bass told you to send him your dat or prv keys the coins are not lost.

Official OpalCoin Dev Fund:
BTC: 1PLnZntjhbwGJvLZnrkf5t9r9qh4yYcbYU
OPAL: oW94MapZxD6WoKtjUK45QogZ6haXLqSQ4F
StonerStanley

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:10:24 PM

Ya I've tried everything to get them back and even with the help of bassguitarman and darkness too and I just don't understand I mean it's not a huge loss because I bought them before they boomed but still it would be nice to even have a tenth of them back even

Ya what I'm saying is I deleted everything OPAL off my laptop and when I download the new wallet or update it doesn't do anything at all  No connections or anything like that? Also does anyone know when Bittrex is gonna reable us to trade OPAL?

You got the malware or you are not sure?

Maybe you can try to use your wallet on another computer Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

Noob Bass told you to send him your dat or prv keys the coins are not lost.
ya i did dude thanks

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:08:32 PM

Okay I just got back from a hiatus and seen all this mandatory update stuff?? What exactly do I need to download and do I delete my old OPAL wallet and everything to do with it? then download all the new OPAL stuff? If so can someone provide me a link to get that done? Thanks

Just download the latest wallet from opal-coin.com, DONT'T delete your wallet.dat. You shouldn't have to delete and re-download the chain.

CoolCash
Well I already deleted everything that had to do with OPAL Sad Does this mean I have to go to opening page and download the wallet from there again? or is there a windows link to what I should be downloading? Remember I'm just a Noob here lol

Noobkidontheblock, if i read well, you deleted everything without waiting any advice, you should never do that.
Anyway:

Check if you downloaded a .rar wallet package or a .zip (at this date: december the 14th or the 15th)
-if you downloaded and unzip a .rar pack. it was the package which contained the malicious backdoor.... go to step 1.
-if you ONLY download and unzip a.zip package, cool ! it was the official one. go to step 2.

Step 1: Download and run Malwarebytes (aka Mbam) ->  ww.malwarebytes.org
update it, then quit, reboot in safe mode (usually by spamming F7 or F8 just after the boot)
launch Mbam and perform a full scan.
if Mbam detects a malware called "Backdoor.Agent.SBFGen", sorry but you have been infected.
fix it and all entries found (except maybe the cgminer, cudaminer, sgminer entries if you mine).
At this point you must change all your passwords (emails, bitcointalk, skype, passphrase ...)

Step 2: now if, as you say, you deleted the opalcoin folders, this precise folder which are located here C:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\opalcoin and without saving the wallet.dat which was inside: You deleted all your opals...

hope it helps,

E=(ɔ)mc²
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:14:16 PM

what boom ? you have seen nothing yet, there is whole army of developers behind the Supernet and this coin in particular, saying that I should hope you recover your coins , please work with Opal team as they are allegedly in touch with the thief (I am an old school I call hacker someone doing something positive)

it is interesting that events like this cause people value crypto more,  not sure about you all but FIAT does not come easy to me one has to work hard, I ain't a privileged kid
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:53:27 PM

nice one up 25% intraday on bittrex Today, market recognized hack as not caused by the technology itself but free and careless redirect non-filtering by bitcointalk.. bitcointalk is good however and serves its purpose because its so free spirited but I feel it's days are counted in the future and replacement will definitely happen of much higher abstraction and usefulness and security

have a great day!
Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:57:19 PM

the same for you mate and especially for the very wise and fast opal-team !

E=(ɔ)mc²
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:40:02 PM

what boom ? you have seen nothing yet, there is whole army of developers behind the Supernet and this coin in particular, saying that I should hope you recover your coins , please work with Opal team as they are allegedly in touch with the thief (I am an old school I call hacker someone doing something positive)

it is interesting that events like this cause people value crypto more,  not sure about you all but FIAT does not come easy to me one has to work hard, I ain't a privileged kid

Oh I am staying in touch with the OPALTeam and hoping to even recover some of my coins would be totally sweet but I mean if not then what can I do right?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: