Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:45:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
DARKNE55

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Opal the future

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 02:52:35 PM

Is that why my wallet erased everything and now I can't load a new one? I had 70k in my wallet then all of a sudden this mandatory update and I do it and poof everything gone!! Like I never even made a transaction and I still can't get the wallet to work still

Hmm... i don't know why, did you tried to save your wallet and remove everything about opalcoin in your computer then reinstall?

Ya I've tried everything to get them back and even with the help of bassguitarman and darkness too and I just don't understand I mean it's not a huge loss because I bought them before they boomed but still it would be nice to even have a tenth of them back even

what boom ? you have seen nothing yet, there is whole army of developers behind the Supernet and this coin in particular, saying that I should hope you recover your coins , please work with Opal team as they are allegedly in touch with the thief (I am an old school I call hacker someone doing something positive)

it is interesting that events like this cause people value crypto more,  not sure about you all but FIAT does not come easy to me one has to work hard, I ain't a privileged kid

Oh I am staying in touch with the OPALTeam and hoping to even recover some of my coins would be totally sweet but I mean if not then what can I do right?

Noob we are here..

Official OpalCoin Dev Fund:
BTC: 1PLnZntjhbwGJvLZnrkf5t9r9qh4yYcbYU
OPAL: oW94MapZxD6WoKtjUK45QogZ6haXLqSQ4F

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:56:04 PM

OPAL could still roll back. I think everyone is being too critical about a roll back. This coin is in it's infancy, If you are an investor and could catch a thief then all parties involved should be for a roll back since the coin was not bought outright and will crash along the way since it leads to PnD behavior in the markets. Everyone forgets that even 800K coins is about as much as it cost to get into the SuperNET, why pay thieves off or have that looming out there.

Can't we have the exchanges investigate the dumps that occurred? There was never any dumps like it so we all know that is the hacker if it came from one account and can be verified. An event on this scale is different than a few people getting some coins stolen. This was an attack on the community through this board. People were tricked and the authorities should get involved. People pay real money for these coins, if you want them to keep investing real money then there must be better safeguards and consequences for hackers.

I wonder if Opal could track the address that the coin was sent to and black list it on the exchanges and any subsequent coin sent from that wallet to any other address gets isolated. Is this possible, or too Centralized for everyone to agree with? It would be great if stolen coin could be blocked for good or recovered as soon as it hit the exchanges. Something like this has to be possible!

At least one of the exchanges I know of will NOT honor a roll back. (It starts with a 'C') What does that mean? Instant de-listing. In this case, I am NOT pro-roll back.. this was due to the idiocy of many, and not just 1. Opal is now long play... probably, VERY long.

Yep, I was already in for the long haul not even trading at all just staking. I see, yeah I have to agree, I am not PRO rollback now the more I think about it.

What if something good were to come of this and a way of Triangulating coin was created for grievances or Fraud? The exchanges would have to be on board but it could be a requirement for them to allow trading. The one place where the hackers can be contained is in the exchanges. The one that starts with "C" even requires ID Verification for FIAT. If the coin could not be traded in the exchanges then it becomes useless and all wallets could read from a list before acceptance or something. Just trying to be creative, I know this sounds like Centralization but Recourse is always welcome in my book since Identities would have to be divulged just to enter a dispute.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

Is that why my wallet erased everything and now I can't load a new one? I had 70k in my wallet then all of a sudden this mandatory update and I do it and poof everything gone!! Like I never even made a transaction and I still can't get the wallet to work still

Hmm... i don't know why, did you tried to save your wallet and remove everything about opalcoin in your computer then reinstall?

Ya I've tried everything to get them back and even with the help of bassguitarman and darkness too and I just don't understand I mean it's not a huge loss because I bought them before they boomed but still it would be nice to even have a tenth of them back even

what boom ? you have seen nothing yet, there is whole army of developers behind the Supernet and this coin in particular, saying that I should hope you recover your coins , please work with Opal team as they are allegedly in touch with the thief (I am an old school I call hacker someone doing something positive)

it is interesting that events like this cause people value crypto more,  not sure about you all but FIAT does not come easy to me one has to work hard, I ain't a privileged kid

Oh I am staying in touch with the OPALTeam and hoping to even recover some of my coins would be totally sweet but I mean if not then what can I do right?

Noob we are here..
I know and bless you guys and the OPALTEAM for working hard at recovering what was lost and if you can get any OPAL back to me just send them to this address : oKQ2ts1uaN5kH93dWKWSWwGRULWQqXyemY and that would be greatly appreciated Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:25:09 PM

^

Ok guessing your computer need a format,try to just move your .dat on your phone wallet or another computer
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:35:08 PM

^

Ok guessing your computer need a format,try to just move your .dat on your phone wallet or another computer
Never thought of that my friend I will give that a try for sure then Smiley Cheers mate Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:43:00 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 07:02:52 PM by etoque

It will work 100% sure!

by this time,start on a fresh install and make sure you have some backup of your .dat before Smiley
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

Rolling Back due to one theft from one place is one thing, rolling back due to a bunch of n00bs, downloading anything willy nillie is another. Fact is this, in this instance, a roll back would be poor... another fact.. its not going to do anything impressive till those coins are sold.

Edit(added): You can thank the dumbasses that dont verify anything, click random links & dl/install anything , for OPAL going from a nice volatile mkt, to a MAJOR long play @ best.

Edit Prt 2: (Added) More than likely the same types that go to phishy 'news' sites, add every one on social media avenues, and buy IPO's.

Stop talking bullshit.... if you don't know how people get infected... because apparently you don't know, and you don't even know anything about the security but you blame the infected people.... nice nice.

The infected link was in a quote of the dev, the attacker changed the link.... because developers from bitcointalk don't have any skills to protect the hyperlink function, like they are not able to make a avatar function for us.

Problem is Bitcointalk.com and his unsecure hyperlink function, firstly.

Secondly, nothing (oh wait... you are the biggest dumbass that don't verify anything, talking random shit, ect)

Yes exactly, they quoted a link @ changed it, people trusted a link..dont trust anything & always ALWAYS check sources. Believing a forum quote link to be genuine, is letting your guard down hard core.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

Hey guys!  Supernet integration is 95% done Cheesy

First release will only be for tech savvy people, but we're working on native gui integration...
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:36:07 PM

Rolling Back due to one theft from one place is one thing, rolling back due to a bunch of n00bs, downloading anything willy nillie is another. Fact is this, in this instance, a roll back would be poor... another fact.. its not going to do anything impressive till those coins are sold.

Edit(added): You can thank the dumbasses that dont verify anything, click random links & dl/install anything , for OPAL going from a nice volatile mkt, to a MAJOR long play @ best.

Edit Prt 2: (Added) More than likely the same types that go to phishy 'news' sites, add every one on social media avenues, and buy IPO's.

Stop talking bullshit.... if you don't know how people get infected... because apparently you don't know, and you don't even know anything about the security but you blame the infected people.... nice nice.

The infected link was in a quote of the dev, the attacker changed the link.... because developers from bitcointalk don't have any skills to protect the hyperlink function, like they are not able to make a avatar function for us.

Secondly, nothing (oh wait... you are the biggest dumbass that don't verify anything, talking random shit, ect)

Yes exactly, they quoted a link @ changed it, people trusted a link..dont trust anything & always ALWAYS check sources. Believing a forum quote link to be genuine, is letting your guard down hard core.
Well I'll be the first Noob to say "MY BAD" for downloading something I had figured was quoted by the developer of the coin that I was holding!! That was my mistake for sure and I've already mentioned time and time again that sure I lost out on a good chunk of money but that's the way the world goes sometimes and I would be more than happy to even have a tenth of the OPAL I had put away right now but it doesn't look like it's going to happen so I just collect more OPAL and hope things don't go wrong again.  I know this wasn't the OPALTEAMS fault whatsoever and that they are tryin g their hardest to work all of this out for the people who lost out due to the hack which is nothing less than I expected from such a devouted team to their coin and their community.  But Yes I am NoobKidOnTheBlock and I'm a dumbass Noob who downloaded something I thought was safe and lost everything I had in OPAL............ HI NoobKidOnTheBlock (As I sit back down in my seat) lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:38:39 PM

Also I would like to apologize for not being a dragon t-shirt wearing mountain dew drinking, world of warcraft playing, virgin like CryptoLTD because if only I was even a speck of a genius like him I wouldn't be out my coins.  But that's okay because guess what CryptoLTD............ My mom thinks I'm COOL!!!! LOL JK Cheers mate Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:57:46 AM

Hey noob, did you get your wallet to work or not?
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:22:28 AM

Hey guys!  Supernet integration is 95% done Cheesy

First release will only be for tech savvy people, but we're working on native gui integration...

this absolutely phenomenal gents / gals  looking forward, Supernet html5 wallet will be something that will start co-mingling coin technologies but more importantly features of these coins, noting like this exists on the market and my deep advice and not because I pump coins is to really think of acquiring / mining these technologies before more articles will be written on the subject and further public exposure

thanks again for the opportunity although I did study and did my homework on this   Cool

signal out and lights out
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:32:46 AM

Nope couldn't get it to sync couldn't get my backup I made everything is disappeared Sad And for once I was on the good investment sides of things lol But that'll teach me not to just click on every link I see even if I have a virus protector on my computer Smiley But I do wanna thank the OPALTEAM and community for trying to assist me in getting my wallet back and getting it to even load again which I still haven't been able to do that Sad Anyways super excited for SuperNet with you guys and hopefully I'll get some of my OPAL stash back just sticking with the good old trusty addy : oKQ2ts1uaN5kH93dWKWSWwGRULWQqXyemY Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mafort1469

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:40:56 AM

Nope couldn't get it to sync couldn't get my backup I made everything is disappeared Sad And for once I was on the good investment sides of things lol But that'll teach me not to just click on every link I see even if I have a virus protector on my computer Smiley But I do wanna thank the OPALTEAM and community for trying to assist me in getting my wallet back and getting it to even load again which I still haven't been able to do that Sad Anyways super excited for SuperNet with you guys and hopefully I'll get some of my OPAL stash back just sticking with the good old trusty addy : oKQ2ts1uaN5kH93dWKWSWwGRULWQqXyemY Smiley

Do you have your original wallet.dat file before you downloaded the corrupted wallet? If so I can help.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:48:45 AM

Do you have your original wallet.dat file before you downloaded the corrupted wallet? If so I can help.
Well I thought I did but when the wallet wouldn't sync up again and was giving me no connections I deleted everything that had OPAL on it and tried downloading the entire wallet again and still got nothing Sad

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mafort1469

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:54:33 AM

I am sure you have been on irc and such, but just in case have you tried salvagewallet once you have downloaded a fresh install?

PS. Do you have ANY wallet.dat backup at all?Huh? and I mean anything?Huh

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:08:01 AM

I am sure you have been on irc and such, but just in case have you tried salvagewallet once you have downloaded a fresh install?

All I had left I sent to bassguitarman and a freeze frame picture of my no connections screen to darkness but then I tried downloading it again and tried doing what they had told me to do and nothing worked so I just got frustrated and deleted everything and tried downloading it again do you think the wallet.dat I have now would be something?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mafort1469

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:15:43 AM

I would need a wallet.dat file before you deleted everything or what that address was. Once you download a new wallet you get a new address. I need your original address and that wallet.dat file. Hopefully you have these. Please PM me. Thanks.
DARKNE55

Activity: 149

Opal the future

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 04:30:28 AM

All I had left I sent to bassguitarman and a freeze frame picture of my no connections screen to darkness but then I tried downloading it again and tried doing what they had told me to do and nothing worked so I just got frustrated and deleted everything and tried downloading it again do you think the wallet.dat I have now would be something?

You said you deleted everything in appdata?
If that was the case the next time you tried to install the wallet the original dat file would have been lost.
Look in your recycle bin for the earliest deletion of opal and recover the dat

Official OpalCoin Dev Fund:
BTC: 1PLnZntjhbwGJvLZnrkf5t9r9qh4yYcbYU
OPAL: oW94MapZxD6WoKtjUK45QogZ6haXLqSQ4F
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:32:36 AM

You said you deleted everything in appdata?
If that was the case the next time you tried to install the wallet the original dat file would have been lost.
Look in your recycle bin for the earliest deletion of opal and recover the dat
K I'll check that out right now but I still can't get the wallet to download and the console keeps giving me shadowcash type info

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: