June 26, 2024, 05:50:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473627 times)
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:47:06 AM

We made great progress in figuring out the issues that had been going on with the new distribution code. Myself and James have been up to the wee hours of the morning and James has gotten a lot figured out and accomplished in this time. So I would like to go over everything that we figured out and let you know how we are proceeding with the pending issues we still have.

Whats Fixed
  • Starting today, the payments and calculations will be running perfectly fine. Today’s 2/07/15 payment just went out and everyone should be receiving their funds within the next 2 hours. James has all the bugs worked out and we will be proceeding as planned Smiley
  • Calculations for SCOTCOIN and POWC have calculated perfectly with no issues. We have the results from these and will be creating a stats chart for them and a Distribution payout page for them this weekend so you can see what you will be earning on the days in which these TOKENs development teams will payout.
  • We changed the time of the calculations to be synced with extremeoverclocking.com so you can look at their charts in a more accurate comparison to your daily numbers.
Whats still Pending
  • Since we changed the time format on the snapshots, the days in the Daily Summaries is now submitting the stats on the day that the WUs are complete before midnight, when before it was submitting the stats for the prior day when the WUs are complete just after 1 am EST. This basically took the stats for the 2/06/15 payout completely out of the Daily Summary page. Since this happened we will have to manually calculate that days work tomorrow in a seperate one time use script. We will then upload the stats manually and fix the time stamps on the Daily Summary page.
  • The Stats on the Foldingcoin.net webpage that say the total points, folder, ext on everypage is going to be inaccurate until we fix the issue mentioned in the bullet above.
  • Since we do not have the stats for the 2/06/15 payout, we will not be paying this day out yet. We have the whole weekend to get this resolved and it will be a priority tomorrow.

I cannot thank you the Folders and James the lead dev for the patience that has been had over these past few days. With new code comes new issues, but we are confident that we have them all ironed out. We will get the 2/6/15 payout as soon as we can this weekend and we will fix the stats page as soon as we can. Thank you all Smiley

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:08:19 PM

Earn FLDC on the Curecoin team

The FoldingCoin Inc. team and the Curecoin team have recently had a conference call to discuss each of the projects. Though the infrastructure and protocols used for each coin differ, FoldingCoin Inc. and Curecoin are both dedicated to attracting more folders and miners into the F@H project.

Both teams openly shared different ideas of how to approach gaining more adoption to Folding@home and the various projects and features each are working on. The main goal here is to stop wasting energy on Altcoins that use energy for creating copycat Bitcoin blockchains.

Curecoin has made the decision to allow for longer usernames on their team. This will allow FLDC participants to earn CURE alongside of FLDC and the other Merged Folding tokens on the FoldingCoin Inc. platform. Both teams decided that this would be a great option for the Folders looking to acquire both, as our teams are here for you the Folder and the Folding@home network as a whole. Due to the nature of the way FLDC and CURE are distributed, you cannot earn CURE if you are on any team but the Curecoin FAH team 224497.

FoldingCoin Inc. will continue to develop Bitcoin 2.0 technology and smart assets to be applied to Folding@home and Curecoin will continue to develop making strides in advancing independent blockchain technology to be applied to Folding@home. FoldingCoin Inc. and Curecoin look forward to continuing a positive relationship sharing our ideas and accomplishments along the way with each other in hopes that it will attract further miners to become Folders.

For instructions on Curecoin setup please visit https://www.curecoin.net/index.php/knowledge-base/12-knowledge-base/folding-for-curecoin/23-how-do-i-start-folding-for-curecoin

Thanks Folders!

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:28:48 PM

can change team without making a new user ?
I remember you had a bug once calculating after someone changes teams

thanks

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:17:14 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 04:30:30 PM by jjiimm_64

did the payouts process for yesterday properly?  if so I should see coins in my counterparty wallet... right?

edit: my counter wallet: 1Kph4yvFQt3CdbMvZmPhiSzgtRq5uMRfkk

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:41:40 PM

can change team without making a new user ?
I remember you had a bug once calculating after someone changes teams

thanks
Yes you can now, it will no longer be a problem as we did extensive testing to make sure that would not cause an issue Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:47:58 PM

FoldingCoin on the move at Poloniex https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_fldc last sell was 350 satoshis

A while back I requested BTC/FLDC to be added as a trading pair on BTER.COM - They pointed out it would have to go through the voting system they have going on, It's now listed so anyone interested in getting it up the ladder there and hopefully added soon, your votes would be very welcome and much needed, never gonna happen if its just me dedicating my limited number of votes. Cheerz and keep folding! 
Thank you for continuously voting on there Smiley You can also vote on https://askcoin.net/votes and we are in third place there Smiley

Bter is the one that requires you to use some sort of voting token correct?

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:00:40 PM

did the payouts process for yesterday properly?  if so I should see coins in my counterparty wallet... right?

Oh ok, so i see an issue here along with some other folders. This is called "the first day issue" and we ran into it before. Now that we have the new code running it seems that this issue is back. So from here on out you will receive payments normally and I will reimburse you for the lost day of work. In a nutshell what the error is, is on your first day of calculated work, instead of the script recognizing you as a new user with valid credits, it just sees a new user and basically is like "ok, they are new so no points today, but tomorrow we should start calculating their stats."

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, so you are now fine, but i got to find the rest ! If anyone else had this issue please contact me, but I will be going through line by line to make this right by those affected.

Jim you earned: 1,374,787 FAH credits yesterday, I will multiply that by the FLDC rate yesterday of 0.01662037 and that mean i owe you:

22,849.46861119 FLDC and it is on its way Smiley

Jonesd
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:38:41 PM

Video on Merged Folding

Hey guys,

We thought it would be nice to let Robert explain things to the community, so we will regularly release short videos. Our first one is on merged folding. We aim at making the sound and video quality better in the future videos, but we have to start somewhere. Smiley

Let us know what you think!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Palad1n

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:37:58 PM

What's team number I need to use to folding _ALL_ ?
The manual is written numeral 0 (team 0)
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:02:36 PM

Oh ok, so i see an issue here along with some other folders. This is called "the first day issue" and we ran into it before. Now that we have the new code running it seems that this issue is back. So from here on out you will receive payments normally and I will reimburse you for the lost day of work. In a nutshell what the error is, is on your first day of calculated work, instead of the script recognizing you as a new user with valid credits, it just sees a new user and basically is like "ok, they are new so no points today, but tomorrow we should start calculating their stats."

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, so you are now fine, but i got to find the rest ! If anyone else had this issue please contact me, but I will be going through line by line to make this right by those affected.

Jim you earned: 1,374,787 FAH credits yesterday, I will multiply that by the FLDC rate yesterday of 0.01662037 and that mean i owe you:

Thank you for taking care of this.   

not to be picky.. but should POW and SCOT  coins be included in this?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:16:31 PM

What's team number I need to use to folding _ALL_ ?
The manual is written numeral 0 (team 0)
You can be on any team you would like. Team 226728 is the FoldingCoin Team

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:18:44 PM

Thank you for taking care of this.   

not to be picky.. but should POW and SCOT  coins be included in this?
Yes they will. We will include those when re do the calculations. Powcoin is only paying out on Saturdays (the first saturday is missed though because we started on Thursday) and Scotcoin will only be paying out monthly. We will make sure to adjust those when you receive those payouts Smiley

Palad1n

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:38:53 PM

And again problems with payouts...
Nothing today.
Jonesd
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:47:16 PM

Nothing today.

We will check it out. With rolling out new distribution systems like this, you can expect some issues in the beginning. Everything is logged, so we will make sure the funds are distributed correctly.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
kerbos5

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:59:07 PM

Nothing today.

Hey I think it has been mentioned before, but we just had the oddest timing rolling out new code for merged folding, as at the same time CoutnerParty rolled out there new code, in the six months I have been folding with the the team they have never not paid out.....this brief latency is just growing pains, but its all getting sorted out, and so will your distribution.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:44:35 PM

Nothing today.
It is fully paid out now Smiley

Since we are still running this on our own servers, James needs to upload these manually until we get a new VPS. So in the meantime, payouts might be a little delayed as he still needs to get a good night sleep for his job in the morning. kerbos5 put it well, this is just growing pains but in our existence there has only been 3 payouts delayed by a full 24 hours, one was the payout from the 6th just recently.

This time was due to the distribution server again. It is still trying to work with the new counterparty update, and some tweaking is still required. People are working very hard on getting this distributor to work at 100% and I will update as the progress moves along Smiley Thanks

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:48:15 PM

Video on Merged Folding

Hey guys,

We thought it would be nice to let Robert explain things to the community, so we will regularly release short videos. Our first one is on merged folding. We aim at making the sound and video quality better in the future videos, but we have to start somewhere. Smiley

Let us know what you think!

good vid
Thanks Smiley Jonas did a good job on it Smiley

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:24:24 PM

no stats payment breakdown for couple of days
also i don't know if calculating suppose to take so much RAM
share your code and we can try to help fixing Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:37:04 PM

no stats payment breakdown for couple of days
also i don't know if calculating suppose to take so much RAM
share your code and we can try to help fixing Smiley
We actually discovered that its not the ram, our current host did not allow for that much calculations to go since its a shared hosting service. We are looking into getting a VPS now.

Stats have been uploading just fine, what link are you clicking, maybe i have an old link somewhere. Here is the one on the distribution page http://foldingcoin.net/platformReports/FLDC/

All the code is on github https://github.com/FoldingCoinNet

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:45:37 PM

Totals   38,229,503   Shocked Smiley
this is getting better and higher

nice video btw
nice meeting you on that merged (maybe call it 'shared') folding lecture Smiley
we have a handsome dev. lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: