June 22, 2024, 01:44:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473626 times)
Askenaz

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:17:04 AM

Hey RR, my propositions to solve this situation:

1. FLDC needs more investors and the dev team needs money, so clearly the best thing to do is to put more FLDC in the market. If the vote is NO, the situation will become hard for the LONG term.

2. 100M FLDC it's a good offer, but the price would have to be lower than what you planned. I think a 75 sats ICO price would be very supported. This would give to the team 75 BTC. I think you would have enough for the short-mid term devolopment.

3. Initiate the crowdsale campaign: Sell the 100M in BITTREX (it has more volume and traders are more risk-lovers than poloniex). Initiate new topics in forums, create a DISCUSSION THREAT of FLDC, let the people know about this well-drived and fair project. I have no doubt it will convince the public, you already know which are the strong points of FLDC. I'm sure FLDC supporters will increase and the crowdsale will be a success.

4. If all went as expected, the final situation would be: 1. Finance for you and progress for the project. 2. More small and big investors, which would mean higher support. 3. More interest, which would mean more folders. 4. Growing folders, growing interest and growing community, will surely end up in a big growing PRICE, so everyone will benefit of it.

RR, FLDC it's in probably the most important point of it's live. A wrong decision will put FLDC in the slowly-dying coins list, and a good decision will put FLDC on the growth path. If I were you I will have no doubt: it's time to RISK, and time to get BIG. Smiley

Regards, Askenaz.          
Hou5e

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:36:54 AM

I was waiting a few days to see the for and against arguments for the vote. I just voted no. Advertising and getting the word out there is going to be key to being successful.

For people new to FLDC, I think the voting part was easy enough. But, if you don't have any BTC in your wallet, then you'd be a bit less likely to vote... I'm guessing a lot of FLDCVOTEIII people are new.

It's great to see how you're leveraging the LTB platform.

You should (or enlist other people to) go around to the other top FAH team's forums and do some advertising / recruiting. It was hard for me to want to give up my old stats to get a new username, but (initially) I liked being able to stay on my existing FAH team and still get FLDC. I've switched to the CureCoin team since then.

Thanks!
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:15:55 PM

Hey RR, my propositions to solve this situation:

1. FLDC needs more investors and the dev team needs money, so clearly the best thing to do is to put more FLDC in the market. If the vote is NO, the situation will become hard for the LONG term.

2. 100M FLDC it's a good offer, but the price would have to be lower than what you planned. I think a 75 sats ICO price would be very supported. This would give to the team 75 BTC. I think you would have enough for the short-mid term devolopment.

3. Initiate the crowdsale campaign: Sell the 100M in BITTREX (it has more volume and traders are more risk-lovers than poloniex). Initiate new topics in forums, create a DISCUSSION THREAT of FLDC, let the people know about this well-drived and fair project. I have no doubt it will convince the public, you already know which are the strong points of FLDC. I'm sure FLDC supporters will increase and the crowdsale will be a success.

4. If all went as expected, the final situation would be: 1. Finance for you and progress for the project. 2. More small and big investors, which would mean higher support. 3. More interest, which would mean more folders. 4. Growing folders, growing interest and growing community, will surely end up in a big growing PRICE, so everyone will benefit of it.

RR, FLDC it's in probably the most important point of it's live. A wrong decision will put FLDC in the slowly-dying coins list, and a good decision will put FLDC on the growth path. If I were you I will have no doubt: it's time to RISK, and time to get BIG. Smiley

Regards, Askenaz.          
Hey Askenaz Cheesy

So i do not think this will pass, but lets assume it will for a minute (as this is what your post is targeted for), i will answer your bullet points:

1. I have listened to both sides of this argument and some creative alternative solutions have come to my attention. Though at first I saw this as a good idea, it will eventually hurt the market because if we are selling that much, a sell order for even cheaper will continuously be put up. So i have heard solutions from making a new "service token" that will allow folks to basically buy early transaction free tokens. What this means, is if you invest in FoldingCoin Inc, you will be givene a token that is redeemable in an exact amount of free marketplace selling tokens. So if you invest lets say $100 dollars, you will receive $100 (or more maybe has been suggested, so like $125) in a token that can be used to sell items on the marketplace. Another creative idea is to start marketing this more as a non profit geared towards folks looking to give back. There are plenty of charities out there that raise money all the time and the donors do not get anything back in return, except tax deductions. This is a route we should focus on.

2. If the price is lower than the current exchange rate, someone will keep putting in lower orders until its so low that we would not even make any money. Someone with a small amount of BTC/FLDC could easily manipulate the market in this scenario which we absolutely have to avoid

3. Selling on an exchange is dangerous because then all the funds sit in an exchange. Look what happened to bittrex, bitstamp, mtgox, ext. We had been planning on doing this through a service such as Vennd that would allow us to sell outside of centralized exchanges. Of course I dropped the ball in this whole thing and did not clarify that in the suggested vote. Under the assumption that this does pass, there was not a time line in the vote, so creating another vote to control how this is done and how often the FLDC is sold will need to be implemented.

4. If all went as planned you are correct. This was the intended outcome. Unfortunately I had not thought of the otherside of the argument when posting this, as now i see it was a terrible mistake on my part.

We are in a very important part of FLDC and we could sink or swim at this point. However I still think with merged folding (and a future token we will announce soon) the value of folding will continue to grow in popularity.

Thank you for the input and let me know what you think of my reponses Cheesy 

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:23:32 PM

I was waiting a few days to see the for and against arguments for the vote. I just voted no. Advertising and getting the word out there is going to be key to being successful.

For people new to FLDC, I think the voting part was easy enough. But, if you don't have any BTC in your wallet, then you'd be a bit less likely to vote... I'm guessing a lot of FLDCVOTEIII people are new.

It's great to see how you're leveraging the LTB platform.

You should (or enlist other people to) go around to the other top FAH team's forums and do some advertising / recruiting. It was hard for me to want to give up my old stats to get a new username, but (initially) I liked being able to stay on my existing FAH team and still get FLDC. I've switched to the CureCoin team since then.

Thanks!
I am glad you waited like i have to see the arguments. I knew there was going to be some division here, but i did not expect the great responses that had been put in front of me for the opposition.

The team now though has seen the flaws still in our voting system. It is no doubt a great system to have voting in place, however with this vote we have seen that still more community vetting needs to be put forth in the voting system. The private forums may not be enough, as many of you i am learning have not signed up for it. We will be creating a plan that we will put up for vote on how to expand the security and vetting of the voting system. Though we cannot amend any vote results for one year due to the FLDCVOTEII, we do not see adding lets say a third vote phase as amending since we are not changing anything in the previously passed votes, but  rather expanding on them. Does anyone see this as potentially a problem?

We recruited on other teams forums for awhile early on and we got some heavy push back. The only one in which we did not literally get kicked out (many have rules on their boards of not advocating other teams or folding incentives) of can be found here http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1840249 (its actually a really good conversation for those of you that have time, but it is super long). The folding community is very different from the crypto community and they are very dedicated to keeping their names and teams. We have solved the team issue, but unfortunately not the name issue. It is something we intend to continue to pursue, but we want to release even better features than non-FLDC folding offers before we start going on their forums again.

The HardOCP talk was great though because eventually they understood where we are coming from and the did not deny that this could potentially blow the FAH network skyhigh, but they still had not been interested in it themselves.

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:47:16 AM

Vote is now 56% in favor and 44% opposed, its a matter of time before NO is in the lead

https://blockscan.com/vote/UGH7GN1STK

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

I will be on Doged Radio here in about 3 hours if anyone wants to listen http://dogecoindark.net/radio/

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:34:55 AM

Hello,
  did this payout actually go out?:
http://stats.foldingcoin.net/platformReports/FLDC/20150307-payoutReport.html

if so, i did not receive it.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:25:40 AM

Hello,

I just noticed that this did not push out last night.I will look into this issue immediately thank you for bringing it to my attention Cheesy

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:44:05 AM

Hello,

I just noticed that this did not push out last night.I will look into this issue immediately thank you for bringing it to my attention Cheesy
Yesterdays distribution and todays will be delayed, LTB is updating the distribution server again and I could not get a hold of them because it was sunday. Distributions will push out as soon as they contact me, thanks for the patience Smiley

Also all teams across FAH have lower points today due to daylight savings basically shorting 2 hours worth of mining off of todays stats

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:21:28 AM

Hello,

Yesterdays distribution and todays will be delayed, LTB is updating the distribution server again and I could not get a hold of them because it was sunday. Distributions will push out as soon as they contact me, thanks for the patience Smiley

Also all teams across FAH have lower points today due to daylight savings basically shorting 2 hours worth of mining off of todays stats
Nevermind, Nick just got back with me even though its late, he just got it running so we are pushing both yesterdays and todays here soon

hnin

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:23:12 AM

what a great cause!

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:24:26 AM

what a great cause!
Thanks Cheesy Let me know if you need any assistance with anything or questions that i can help you with Cheesy

Jonesd
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:43:47 AM

Thanks indeed :-)

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:02:40 AM

Voting is now very very close

50.41% yes and 49.59% no

Get to voting today with your FLDCVOTEIII Token https://blockscan.com/vote/UGH7GN1STK

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:41:11 AM

Robert and I will be working on an explanation video of FoldingCoin today, so hopefully I will be able to post it as early as tomorrow. By the end of this week we will place a video of a presentation Robert Gave at an event in Indianapolis.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:03:16 PM

thanks for the update Jona
this is the best 'alt' coin ever Smiley

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:23:53 PM

thanks for the update Jona
this is the best 'alt' coin ever Smiley

Thanks for your continued support Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:29:57 PM

I am currently at a python meeting looking to spread awareness about FLDC and possibly recruit some devs, wish me luck Cheesy

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:32:56 AM

Distribution has been paid out.

We will be announcing a very exciting Merged folding partner tomorrow Cheesy Please everyone stay tuned in

l3lack5h33p

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:28:52 PM

Distribution has been paid out.

We will be announcing a very exciting Merged folding partner tomorrow Cheesy Please everyone stay tuned in

I am looking forward to this Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: