Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:57:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : (  (Read 147185 times)
fabiola! (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:20:53 AM

I love how long this thread is compared to all the other newb threads on here. I think that really tells you something.

What does it tell you? Smiley

Girls draw attention.  Which is why everyone pretends to be a girl.

That makes sense actually. But trolls draw attention too. And guys, if they say the right things. Everyone really.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:27:31 AM

boobs or gtfo

You think being rude to a girl makes you more manly. that's so immature. Why don't you make like a tree and grow a pear.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:31:52 AM

I wonder if I'm the only black, transgendered, homosexual, Jewish undocumented immigrant on Bitcointalk. 

Account recovered 08-12-2019
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:34:32 AM

I wonder if I'm the only black, transgendered, homosexual, Jewish undocumented immigrant on Bitcointalk. 

That's a joke right? if not, post a thread, you may find some fellow BTHJUI's on here Smiley
laverre

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:46:51 AM

boobs or gtfo

You think being rude to a girl makes you more manly. that's so immature. Why don't you make like a tree and grow a pear.

lol, it obiviosly made me look manly because I have never said that I would be a man Wink
awesome31312

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

boobs or gtfo

lol, it obiviosly made me look manly because I have never said that I would be a man Wink

Clever lol

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:22:31 PM

I've heard that so many times since I joined lol. But seriously it would be great to change that skepticism into acceptance for us girls if more and more of us join up and speak up instead of hiding behind a male nickname forever, which is a pretty sad prospect if u think about it.

The skepticism is there for a reason because the only time people announce themselves as female is usually just to pretend that they are. There's no reason to believe you are a female either regardless or your instance that you are one. I think a better way for women to get involved would be to not come out and announce that they're female straight away and maybe not even mention it at all unless it needs to be because gender is irrelevant here.

Usually but not always, not in my case anyway. I wish I could kill that skepticism concept, well I've been here for many weeks now and I haven't asked for any loans or scammed anyone, so far so good Smiley

That's only because if you did you know you'd be called out straight away with it and get negative feedback faster than you could say there's sand in my vagina. Most 'female' scammers would probably wait a while and try groom their victims before trying a scam. If I was you I'd forget this thread and let it die and just carry on posting as you normally would, because like I said your gender is irrelevant here unless you are wanting to use it to your advantage for whatever reasons.
btchris

Activity: 672

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:21:53 PM

I've heard that so many times since I joined lol. But seriously it would be great to change that skepticism into acceptance for us girls if more and more of us join up and speak up instead of hiding behind a male nickname forever, which is a pretty sad prospect if u think about it.

The skepticism is there for a reason because the only time people announce themselves as female is usually just to pretend that they are. There's no reason to believe you are a female either regardless or your instance that you are one. I think a better way for women to get involved would be to not come out and announce that they're female straight away and maybe not even mention it at all unless it needs to be because gender is irrelevant here.

Usually but not always, not in my case anyway. I wish I could kill that skepticism concept, well I've been here for many weeks now and I haven't asked for any loans or scammed anyone, so far so good Smiley

That's only because if you did you know you'd be called out straight away with it and get negative feedback faster than you could say there's sand in my vagina. Most 'female' scammers would probably wait a while and try groom their victims before trying a scam. If I was you I'd forget this thread and let it die and just carry on posting as you normally would, because like I said your gender is irrelevant here unless you are wanting to use it to your advantage for whatever reasons.

Nobody here denies that pretending-to-be-a-female-and-scamming is common. But gender is not irrelevant: if it were, it wouldn't bring with it the hostility we've seen in this thread.

Let's consider some IRL analogies. If a woman walks into my church, I don't think anything unusual about it. If a woman walks into my basement and wants to play WoW with me and my male nerdy buddies, that is unusual.*

Now I could care less if the playership of WoW is mostly male, but substitute math club in for WoW, and suddenly I do start to care. A hostile environment for young women interested in math is something to be concerned about (and, for the record, back when I was in a math club in high school (yeah I was that kind of nerd), there were no women in it).

Bitcoin compares most closely to that last example. If it's ever going to be taken seriously, it has to have the same gender balance as, say, the USD. I don't think it's particularly relevant whether or not any single individual (e.g. fabiola) is male or female, but the existing gender imbalance of Bitcoin and the occasional hostility that goes along with it absolutely is relevant.

* Those were just examples, I'm neither religious nor a WoW player, nor do I live in my parents' basement Wink
mullerdan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:38:07 PM

I'm sure women know manage a bitcoin wallet as well as men!
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:43:13 PM

boobs or gtfo

So you're a girl then?? Why didn't you say so before? Pretending to be a guy is as shady as pretending to be a girl.
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

Just let me know how many months have to go by for me to earn a non-scammer badge on here, yes that same badge you guys are automatically entitled to from day one just cause you're guys.
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:51:55 PM

Nobody here denies that pretending-to-be-a-female-and-scamming is common. But gender is not irrelevant: if it were, it wouldn't bring with it the hostility we've seen in this thread.

Let's consider some IRL analogies. If a woman walks into my church, I don't think anything unusual about it. If a woman walks into my basement and wants to play WoW with me and my male nerdy buddies, that is unusual.*

Now I could care less if the playership of WoW is mostly male, but substitute math club in for WoW, and suddenly I do start to care. A hostile environment for young women interested in math is something to be concerned about (and, for the record, back when I was in a math club in high school (yeah I was that kind of nerd), there were no women in it).

Bitcoin compares most closely to that last example. If it's ever going to be taken seriously, it has to have the same gender balance as, say, the USD. I don't think it's particularly relevant whether or not any single individual (e.g. fabiola) is male or female, but the existing gender imbalance of Bitcoin and the occasional hostility that goes along with it absolutely is relevant.

* Those were just examples, I'm neither religious nor a WoW player, nor do I live in my parents' basement Wink

You're always so right btcchris, thanks so much! If there was a btc president election I would vote for you Smiley

laverre

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:18:09 PM

boobs or gtfo

So you're a girl then?? Why didn't you say so before? Pretending to be a guy is as shady as pretending to be a girl.

That is not what I said... Can you tell me why are you trying to guess my gender so eagerly? I don't think that is your business at all!
And now it is even more obiviosly that being rude to girls makes ppl more manly since if girl does so she is " pretending to be a guy" Cheesy
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:58:03 PM

boobs or gtfo

That is not what I said... Can you tell me why are you trying to guess my gender so eagerly? I don't think that is your business at all!
And now it is even more obiviosly that being rude to girls makes ppl more manly since if girl does so she is " pretending to be a guy" Cheesy

I'm not trying to guess your gender, I couldn't care less. Just please don't be rude to me by saying "boobs or gtfo". I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl.

laverre

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:13:54 PM

boobs or gtfo

I'm not trying to guess your gender, I couldn't care less. Just please don't be rude to me by saying "boobs or gtfo". I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl.

I'm sorry but if you wont post picture of your boobs with timestamp I don't belive that you are girl.

And why didn't you say "I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl." at your first quote and instead you started to talk about growing pear trees (wtf?)?
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:41:15 PM

boobs or gtfo

I'm sorry but if you wont post picture of your boobs with timestamp I don't belive that you are girl.

And why didn't you say "I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl." at your first quote and instead you started to talk about growing pear trees (wtf?)?

To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol.
Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics.

laverre

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:50:39 PM

boobs or gtfo

To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol.
Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics.

"To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol."
Okay English isn't my native language so I am not so familiar with all these sayings.

"Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics."
No, no, you have understood this completly wrong! It isn't anything sexually it is just for proofing that you really a girl. It is so rear at this forum so I need some proofs about that you know.
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:10:40 PM

"To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol."
Okay English isn't my native language so I am not so familiar with all these sayings.

"Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics."
No, no, you have understood this completly wrong! It isn't anything sexually it is just for proofing that you really a girl. It is so rear at this forum so I need some proofs about that you know.

That's alright, what's your native language?
Ps. Lol, naked pic but nothing sexual? Makes no sense haha

Daanie

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:51:44 PM

Lol, you as a girl should know what he's about. It amazes me this topic got 18 pages of comments. I'm guessing 10% of all guys commenting in this thread just want to see fresh meat.

fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:43:02 PM

Lol, you as a girl should know what he's about. It amazes me this topic got 18 pages of comments. I'm guessing 10% of all guys commenting in this thread just want to see fresh meat.

I think he's a girl maybe! I don't know.
Ps.10%? Sounds about right : )

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: