Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:06:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : (  (Read 147178 times)
Bad Uncle

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:21:21 PM

Male to Female Ratio:    4.6:1

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

Yeah but that includes "fake" girl profiles, in reality there may be less of us.

Fake profiles like yours?  Cheesy I suspect the overwhelming majority who state they're female in their profile actually arent. Doesn't matter anyway but it always seems to me the ones that go on about it are doing so for an agenda.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

There was one poster that I respected and assumed was male. One day, they posted links to feminist blog posts that they had obviously book-marked (They were not recent). I am not saying men can't read feminist blogs (I do myself on occasion); but from that point on, I "read" them as female.

Why didn't you ask him/her? It's not creepy to ask somebody's gender, especially when most of you guys aren't that pervy after all. Seriously most of you guys have been super nice and polite to me Smiley

I thought of that. I decided it really was not important; since they are not really a dating prospect. I try to avoid mentioning my own gender.

BTW, this was one of the links mentioned: Five Reasons You Need to Break Your Emoticon Addiction. (I guess I am going to be read as female now by shy people like me Tongue )

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
fabiola! (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:10:15 PM

Yeah but that includes "fake" girl profiles, in reality there may be less of us.

Fake profiles like yours?  Cheesy I suspect the overwhelming majority who state they're female in their profile actually arent. Doesn't matter anyway but it always seems to me the ones that go on about it are doing so for an agenda.

Lol no, I'm a real girl but I agree there may be plenty of fake ones, especially after reading a bunch of horror stories about fake girls scamming guys on here and so on. I have no agenda though, I'm really nice, not here to scam anyone. x
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:12:20 PM

Lol no, I'm a real girl but I agree there may be plenty of fake ones, especially after reading a bunch of horror stories about fake girls scamming guys on here and so on. I have no agenda though, I'm really nice, not here to scam anyone. x

We are all glad to hear this.  Wink

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:14:46 PM

There was one poster that I respected and assumed was male. One day, they posted links to feminist blog posts that they had obviously book-marked (They were not recent). I am not saying men can't read feminist blogs (I do myself on occasion); but from that point on, I "read" them as female.

Why didn't you ask him/her? It's not creepy to ask somebody's gender, especially when most of you guys aren't that pervy after all. Seriously most of you guys have been super nice and polite to me Smiley

I thought of that. I decided it really was not important; since they are not really a dating prospect. I try to avoid mentioning my own gender.

BTW, this was one of the links mentioned: Five Reasons You Need to Break Your Emoticon Addiction. (I guess I am going to be read as female now by shy people like me Tongue )

Not a dating prospect, why not? If you're single n looking for a bf/gf it could happen anywhere, anytime, you never know. Good luck!
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:15:45 PM

You're not being ironic, are you?

phillipsjk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:28:54 PM

Not a dating prospect, why not? If you're single n looking for a bf/gf it could happen anywhere, anytime, you never know. Good luck!

As you mention, women get dozens of PMs..which guys don't. I don't think it is fair to hound the few women that do make an appearance. Being mostly anti-social, I rarely PM people: male or female.

If I wanted to get serious about looking, I would try local activities that interest me first. As I understand it, long-distance relationships rarely work out.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:47:35 PM

You're not being ironic, are you?

Just joking a bit.  Wink However, i'm not a scam-loving type so I'm also really glad you're not a scammer.  Grin

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:30:56 PM

So much spam and the signature is a mere happy face

*sigh*
Women

Account recovered 08-12-2019
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:33:01 PM

*sigh*
Women

what do you mean spam? Also, what's wrong with a happy face?
btchris

Activity: 672

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:33:25 PM

*sigh*
Women

Spam-- as in the junk that people like awesome31312* add to their sig in the hopes of netting a few pennies. (yeah I know I should just enable the "Don't show users' signatures" option and stop complaining)

* nothing personal, I just hate sig spam
awesome31312

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:54:21 PM

*sigh*
Women

Spam-- as in the junk that people like awesome31312* add to their sig in the hopes of netting a few pennies. (yeah I know I should just enable the "Don't show users' signatures" option and stop complaining)

Stick to the topic.

btchris

Activity: 672

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:57:10 PM

*sigh*
Women
Stick to the topic.

Agreed.
awesome31312

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:12:07 PM

and by the way, if you hate "sig spam" you're on the wrong forum

fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:17:44 PM

As you mention, women get dozens of PMs..which guys don't. I don't think it is fair to hound the few women that do make an appearance. Being mostly anti-social, I rarely PM people: male or female.

If I wanted to get serious about looking, I would try local activities that interest me first. As I understand it, long-distance relationships rarely work out.

Not hound but there's no harm in networking and saying hi to people, ask questions, etc.
Anyway, I'm sure you're not the only anti-social person here Wink

Ps. Long distance? How? I'm sure there are girls here from all over the world including your city, wherever that is.

fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:18:53 PM

*sigh*
Women

Ahh those linkies, I didn't know what they were for.
phillipsjk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 01:17:22 AM

Not hound but there's no harm in networking and saying hi to people, ask questions, etc.

Ps. Long distance? How? I'm sure there are girls here from all over the world including your city, wherever that is.

I am concerned that over 20 people saying "HI" can add up to something like this. It is attention you don't always want.

awesome31312

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:43:54 AM

I am concerned that over 20 people saying "HI" can add up to something like this. It is attention you don't always want.

Stop harassing/raping/triggering her by saying "Hi"!!!

fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:05:02 PM

Loved the video, but what is that girl complaining about??? Wtf?? I wish guys here in the UK were more like that (maybe not walking next to me for five minutes like that guy did, that would freak me out). But seriously, getting ignored by EVERY guy is horrible too, it kills my self-esteem every time. The prettier you are the more they ignore you over here, it's like an unwritten rule in Britain. No wonder some girls in America have huge self-esteem even if they're not pretty. Come on British guys you can do better. And to all American guys out there, please don't change! Compliments are good, it's a shame some bitter girls cant appreciate that.
awesome31312

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:15:31 PM

Loved the video, but what is that girl complaining about??? Wtf?? I wish guys here in the UK were more like that (maybe not walking next to me for five minutes like that guy did, that would freak me out). But seriously, getting ignored by EVERY guy is horrible too, it kills my self-esteem every time. The prettier you are the more they ignore you over here, it's like an unwritten rule in Britain. No wonder some girls in America have huge self-esteem even if they're not pretty. Come on British guys you can do better. And to all American guys out there, please don't change! Compliments are good, it's a shame some bitter girls cant appreciate that.

This has nothing to do with you being the only girl on here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: