Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : (  (Read 147178 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:28:47 AM

Male:female ratio is 1:1

1:1.07 at birth - 1:1.01 overall.

It makes sense that women outnumber men, from a strictly reproductive (evolutionary) view.  Women can only be pregnant once for 9 months, while men can impregnate multiple women.  Also, women are more likely then men to die during childbirth.   Wink

LOL - Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard of a guy dying during childbirth. Maybe if she shoots him for knocking her up.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabiola! (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:56:18 PM

Click the unwatch button and your problems are solved.   

You better hope theres women using bitcoin or its not likely to succeed. Pretty sure women are the largest market on earth for any product or potential marketplace.    Its a reasonable thread to stay open, all the moaning does is just bump it some more otherwise it'd be on page 10 by now and not read most likely

That's a good point. And I'm glad some more girls have been posting on here too Smiley
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:57:45 PM

[/quote]

Btc doesn't exclude anyone per sei you're right, but I found the btc community gives girls a hard time sometimes I.e. Stereotyping, assuming we're here to scam you or sell sexy pics or services. You know the first pm message I ever got on here was "do you f* for btc?". It's sad. Now I've seen a lot of decent guys and comments on here and that's nice, but at the beginning it was pretty awful to be welcomed like that. I'm glad I stayed though, some of you guys are actually really nice Smiley even you, B!z!

[/quote]

Why do you think B!z is a guy?
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

Btc doesn't exclude anyone per sei you're right, but I found the btc community gives girls a hard time sometimes I.e. Stereotyping, assuming we're here to scam you or sell sexy pics or services. You know the first pm message I ever got on here was "do you f* for btc?". It's sad. Now I've seen a lot of decent guys and comments on here and that's nice, but at the beginning it was pretty awful to be welcomed like that. I'm glad I stayed though, some of you guys are actually really nice Smiley even you, B!z!

Why do you think B!z is a guy?

I'm not sure, is he? She? Either way, he/she gives me a hard time in this thread but has actually been nice to me in other threads Smiley
[/quote]

I honestly don't know but that's why I asked.. don't think most guys would keep riding your ass about this thread..just think about it  Wink
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:44:38 PM

Shame theres not a way to ignore a thread I guess.  If  ignoring a forum profile it should ignore their threads started too ideally
By largest market I mean the majority of humans are female, it does seem a way to shoot yourself in the foot if excluding the majority from the start off.  I see Bitcoin as a startup still and the word still needs to get out, mostly its speculative or hype to many not practical as such

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio

Like most sexual species, the sex ratio in humans is approximately 1:1. The sex ratio at birth is commonly thought to be 107 boys to 100 girls, although this value is subject to debate in the scientific community. The sex ratio for the entire world population is 101 males to 100 females.

You could actually be right about females being a larger market than males, I'm not sure. If anybody would like to share info on the subject, I'd appreciate it.

I don't think Bitcoin excludes females in any way. What makes you think it does?

probably you feel the need to say "im a girl", "are there any more girls here" etc. while most other guys/girls don't do it

if you wanted to just discuss girls + bitcoin, you could just post a thread about it and not mention your gender, because it doesn't even matter on an anonymous online discussion

you're seeking attention obviously
elrugrim

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:20:55 PM

Everyone is seeking attention here for the most part with most of their posts.   I'm a girl is as valid as I'm a troll, is as valid as "I'm smart, look at my posts"

Trust me, I'm the type of man most women hate, because I was brought up to believe in equality , thus if a woman hit me, I would treat her the same as a man, and knock her the hell out. =p

However gender identification and a gender's response to the culture that has grown around cryptocurrency is a valid discussion point, and the indentification of gender as part of the discussion can provide useful information based on that person's opinions and responses.     So in a thread like this?  "I'm a girl"  actually provides information, and is not just useless attention seeking drivel.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:10:44 PM

Everyone is seeking attention here for the most part with most of their posts.   I'm a girl is as valid as I'm a troll, is as valid as "I'm smart, look at my posts"

Trust me, I'm the type of man most women hate, because I was brought up to believe in equality , thus if a woman hit me, I would treat her the same as a man, and knock her the hell out. =p

However gender identification and a gender's response to the culture that has grown around cryptocurrency is a valid discussion point, and the indentification of gender as part of the discussion can provide useful information based on that person's opinions and responses.     So in a thread like this?  "I'm a girl"  actually provides information, and is not just useless attention seeking drivel.

That has nothing to do with gender or equality. It is illegal in many jurisdictions unless it constitutes self-defense.
elrugrim

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:20:06 PM

Yes.. thus the part where you bolded good sir, where if a woman hit me =p   The self defense was implied by that statement, and brought up as the primary reason for the response in kind.
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

Yes.. thus the part where you bolded good sir, where if a woman hit me =p   The self defense was implied by that statement, and brought up as the primary reason for the response in kind.

What if a child hit you? Would you knock that the hell out too? It's called being the bigger man and not being a pussy.

fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:07:41 PM

What if a child hit you? Would you knock that the hell out too? It's called being the bigger man and not being a pussy.

I don't think he would hit a child. I think he was only referring to violent women.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 07:08:39 PM

I don't think he would hit a child. I think he was only referring to violent women.

You can't compare a grown woman to a child, if you genuinely are doing that that's what I'd call sexism.
Icicle2

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:38:54 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 07:59:04 PM by Icicle2

Yes.. thus the part where you bolded good sir, where if a woman hit me =p   The self defense was implied by that statement, and brought up as the primary reason for the response in kind.

Thing is, these days, a woman isn't necessarily going to lose. We are faster, lighter (some say meaner) and can get some serious acceleration into our punches.

This is the cause of much wailing and consternation. Especially if you've ever lived in the less salubrious parts of South London. What happens is this:- I'm walking to the shop for a pint of milk at 1am (because I feel like it that's why) some drunken twat tries it on and grabs hold of me, I hit him and he loses some teeth. One time I recall he got whatever I was holding in his eye.

I never get so much as a broken fingernail, but any drunken prat who sexually assaults me is going to be in need of minor, but inconvienient, medical treatment and the hospitals round there are horrible at the best of times.

And I don't know where everyone else is living, but where I come from the police always charge the winner. This means six months of getting up early once every six weeks until it gets thrown out. That's the bit that really pisses me off Sad

Like many fe,ales of my generation I was taught to be afraid of guys, and taught that I could never win a fight with one. My first Hippy boyfriend said that was all rubbish and told me if the guy was bigger, 'just go for the knees, it's always the weak point in a big guy'. Then later a few martial arts expert boyfriends taught me some actual technique.

You appear to be an old-school gentleman, SOAD, (or lady) and that is to be commended. However, so long as Elugrim was proportionate in his response, the law would have no problem with him defending himself and neither would I. If you wish to extend special treatment to a lady - well I have learned to be gracious about it, it is appreciated but it is not really necessary.

I wanted equality. I got it. You can have some too, it's OK Smiley

[Titheadcoin]

Oh and you know what I think when I see 'Tittiecoin'? I don't so much feel unwelcome as 'on familiar ground'. This would not be your usual response from a woman, I realise that, but I learned early on in life that 'boy's toys' were vastly superior that pink rubbish foisted on little girls. When I see the guys all huddled together Up To Something I know it is something fun they are keeping to themselves. 'Tittiecoin' looks to me like a 'girls - keep out of bitcoin!' sign. Many women would see that on their first visit here and think 'oh, bitcoin isn't for me it's just for teenage jerks'.

Also, if we want the adult industry, which is largely female and independent these days, to take us seriously - something mysterious and exotic sounding would be easier to market than 'Tittiecoin'.

elrugrim

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:49:08 PM

Yes.. thus the part where you bolded good sir, where if a woman hit me =p   The self defense was implied by that statement, and brought up as the primary reason for the response in kind.

Children are not the same as adults.   We have differences of opinions on being a "pussy" I take it.   To me, being a pussy would be letting people violate rights with no consequences based on something as trivial as gender.   Ideally no one hits anyone, however, since I respect myself, and I respect others, I tend to respond appropriately and equally regardless of gender.    

I'm not saying deck a woman and knock her out if she slaps you, but if your being attacked, you should use the appropriate force to protect yourself, and if that involves incapacitating the person attacking you, it shouldn't matter if the attacker is male or female.

Then again, my Momma raised me right.

I open doors for people, I am a big user of sir and ma'am, and understand that in truth, politeness and respect are the lifeblood of civilization.
Icicle2

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:08:44 PM

Children are not the same as adults.   We have differences of opinions on being a "pussy" I take it.   To me, being a pussy would be letting people violate rights with no consequences based on something as trivial as gender.    

You reminded me of this one time I was a lighting engineer in a club and this customer started beating up his girlfriend. I could have called security, but where's the fun in that? I jumped from the lighting desk, 8 feet up, landed in front of him, got him by the neck and hauled his sorry ass out the door. My guy friend says to the owner "why don't you help her?" and he say "she doesn't need any help" my friend says "but he's bigger!" the owner says "yeah, but she's meaner!"

Plus, as the bouncer pointed out later, some lessons in life are just best dished out by the ladies Smiley
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:19:12 AM

Children are not the same as adults.   We have differences of opinions on being a "pussy" I take it.   To me, being a pussy would be letting people violate rights with no consequences based on something as trivial as gender.    

You reminded me of this one time I was a lighting engineer in a club and this customer started beating up his girlfriend. I could have called security, but where's the fun in that? I jumped from the lighting desk, 8 feet up, landed in front of him, got him by the neck and hauled his sorry ass out the door. My guy friend says to the owner "why don't you help her?" and he say "she doesn't need any help" my friend says "but he's bigger!" the owner says "yeah, but she's meaner!"

Plus, as the bouncer pointed out later, some lessons in life are just best dished out by the ladies Smiley

You were a female rigger? That's pretty cool Smiley I love working w/ female sound engineers, they're way better than boys dont ask me why they just are.
dyas

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:21:19 AM

You were a female rigger? That's pretty cool Smiley I love working w/ female sound engineers, they're way better than boys dont ask me why they just are.

Must be something to do with all the earrings that they wear.  Tongue
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:11:01 PM

Suggest OP to change the title of the thread to "fabiola!'s chatting corner".
Everything here is off topic from "Am I the only girl on here? : (".
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:18:03 PM

lol at people still replying to this thread thinking they are getting attention from a female... fabiola! is a fucking dude 100%.... this idiot PMed me and trying to convince me he's a female celebrity lmao

all the guys still responding ITT... you are pathetic as fuck

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:34:06 PM

lol at people still replying to this thread thinking they are getting attention from a female... fabiola! is a fucking dude 100%.... this idiot PMed me and trying to convince me he's a female celebrity lmao

all the guys still responding ITT... you are pathetic as fuck

Wow Dafar why do you have to be so rude to me? I never said I was a "celebrity", i told you I'm a musician and I gave you my name, even if I'm semi famous in some countries/places I'm also absolutely unknown in others, so I would never call myself a celeb. I don't care if you don't believe it's me but please stop being so rude, it's not nice.
elrugrim

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

Honestly don't care if fab is a guy/girl/tranny/alien/ai etc... I take that back, if they were an alien or AI, would be much more interested.   However, the off topic thoughts here are sometimes interesting and worth a little bit of thought.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: