Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 05:41:38 AM

Hi Sunnyboy,

Welcome to the network and glad to have more seasoned PV professionals onboard! Cheesy
I myslef have also been continuously working in Solar Industry since 2003 in China, Germany, USA, Australia and Japan and I am very commited to the cause of bringing more solar to the world.

I really do agree that we need to get the datalogger people to make another function in their calculations internally inside their software to add 1MWh = 1SLR. Quite simple really.  Then on the other side the SolarCoin foundation needs to standardize their software capture API interface, as you suggested, so automated granting can occur.

So far after many hours websearch for my own procurement of components and solar projects that we have worked on and on the systems we have built, i chose

1) Stand Alone Systems: http://www.epsolarpv.com/en/index.php/Product/pro_content/id/598/am_id/136

This system I built before, it is charging our phones and iPads in our office for a few months. We are gathering data and replacing the datalogger currently.
They are using RS-485 and Modbus. It is the cheapest datalogger and combined charge controller of high quality that offers the Modbus protocol. (This is very important). Because without Modbus or another well documented protocol you cannot really add on other API's.

2) Grid Connected small systems I agree that Solarlog is very versatile: http://www.solar-log.com/en/home.html

3) Utility scale Grid Connected: There are so many options. I've had a lot of discussions with the cloudindustries.eu platform and they are really versatile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5YqcUXL88
The cloud industries guys are very forward thinking and know about SolarCoin. I have already asked them to program SolarCoin into their API. They are doing it.

So we just need to connect to other equipment manufacturers so that they can add the 1MWh = 1SLR into their programs and make a requirement document from the SolarCoin foundation (so that it is standardized).

Best,
-lfloorwalker Wink

Hi all,

Thanks Corather and Mazzaneo for mentions. Wink

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.
2) Weather proofing tested for battery box.
3) Power system DC Wiring half completed.
4) Meeting with software team completed. Understand tasks.

Remaining:
5) Communication box wiring
6) Dry test and link to API.
7) Stability and running for 1-2 weeks.
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce myself here as a "oldtimer" of the solar industry, as I've been into solar since the mid-late 2000's and installed mostly household rooftop applications (in the hundreds) and studied PV Farms to the bone. So my background would rather more be into the hardware rather than the software side of things, sorry for that. Congrats to those who braught solarcoin already so far, its now time for people like me to put some steam into the solarcoin and create some buzz. I'd like to join in and bring some advice to push the currency further into its development.

First of all, thanks to Mazzaneo, as I've been discussing much with him about solarcoin (I'm one of those 8 investors) and wouldn't be here without him. Having read the brilliant DeKo paper, it seems to me that this cryptocurrency, in sharp contrast with many others, actually makes a lot of sense (and good). So in a word, I believe a lot in this cryptocurrency and the work accomplished to date is impressive.

My concern is Value. Indeed, in order to pickup and move (fast) forward, the solarcoin currency needs to prove that it creates value. You can argue to the fact that whereas fiat ccy is backed by gold on (at best) a 5 to 1 par (ie there is only 1USD of real gold value per 5USD of papermoney circulating out there), solarcoin actually is closer to a real, proven and quantifiable 1 to 1 ratio (ie. 1MWh of tangible solar electricity = 1SLR), so in essence, solarcoin is more trustable than gold. But my concern is the tangible. Indeed, in order to take off, this currency needs more than developers and investors. My concern stems to the fact that, in order to bring attraction to the currency, buzz has to be created ; people have to be enticed to either invest (with a forward thinking) into solarcoin (although there is a limit to that, if it is not to create a bubble) and/or list their solar farm or solar rooftop application through the Solarcoin Generator Registration Program. So in order to take off, solarcoin now needs hardware : actual pv fields or solar rooftops. Only then will it be proven that value is created. 

PV owners should simply register then!

The thing is : it's too complicated.

Most of the folk I know from my generation will be very dubious about cryptocurrencies in general, so why would they actually upload information of their solar rooftop application (remember that they need a solarcoin wallet to do this!), let alone invest in the ccy itself...!

Alas, if we don't have any registered solar farm or household PV applications, then widespread adoption of the currency will not follow (there currently is "only" 50.000 coins out there which have been registered through the SolarCoin Generator Registration Program). So we need an answer to this dilemma.

To my mind, what you are doing, Ifloorwalker is just that! By reviewing this Datalogger concept, you are creating a tool to help register these solar applications and create value.

So what is a datalogger ? Lets get to the basics :

An array of solar panels is connected to a/several inverter(s). Light (photons) activate solar cells of the solar panel which, in short, produce electricity in the form of DC current. The inverter converts DC into AC current and then, passed a couple of transformers, you feed this electricity  into the grid. I'm sure by now everybody knows this.

The inverter may be equipped (at the request of client, financing party/Bank) with a transmitter/controller/datalogger in order to monitor the amount of solar energy produced (kWh) and fed into the grid. This datalogger is attached directly to the inverter via an RS-485 (or other) cable. Usually, each inverter producer markets its own datalogger. They can be cabled (ethernet), wireless (wifi) or even remote-controled (with a mobilephone chip – sim card that will transmit the information on a daily/hourly basis to a Control Unit (usually at the headquarters of an Installer or an inverter manufacturer who supplies some extendible guarantee on the equipment)).

I will kindly refer you here to some types of monitoring devices/datalogger used widespread in the market : SMA's (inverter manufacturer) inverters are plugged to a datalogger (the sunny webbox) which will display indoors (on a small screen called the "sunnybeam") or directly onto your computer screen (via the "sunny portal"). Checkout : http://www.sma.de/en/products/monitoring-control.html

The datalogger I personaly like to work with is that of solarlog because you may use it with any type of inverter, regardless of the brand. See http://www.solar-log.com/en/home.html

The information sent to client might also be in an excel file or coded to UTF-8 (I personally don't know what that looks like) or some other code and might display info such as : ID - Name of installation, Monthly Energy [kWh] produced in May, Monthly Energy [kWh/kWp] for May, Yearly Energy produced to date [kWh] 2014, Yearly Energy [kWh/kWp] 2014.

In essence, such production information exists and may be used. Indeed, a datalogger is quite cheap (400-500usd max!) and rather than developing a brand new datalogger I'd recommend checking these out first (see above) to see if we couldn't actually use these.

What would we use these dataloggers for ?

I believe that with the information retrieved from each datalogger, we could ask any PV houselhold owner to simply have this information sent to us (ie : "us", being the solarcoin foundation) and we in turn, would manage the solarcoins for the client.

All a PV owner would have to do is register his solar PV info into the registration program, and let his datalogger send us his production info so that we know exactly when his solar installation has achieved 1MWh, at which point we would credit his wallet. The solarcoin foundation would manage his solarcoins until the day when this PV owner actually wants to redeem his coins (by which time, I'm sure he will have figured out how to manage a cryptocurrency wallet).

Now, I'm sure, there's a bigload of coding in order to setup such an interface between the datalogger and the plateform/interent site in order to retrieve this information (especially that each datalogger might have its own coding!), but I believe whomever does come with such an interface will make it (very) easy for Mr. Anybody to register his solar application through the SolarCoin Generator Registration Program.

Looking forward to meeting you all and the development team,

sunnyboy

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:14:12 AM

It looks like BTC is bringing SLR down with it. Will be a while before both can recover

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 10:53:51 AM

It looks like BTC is bringing SLR down with it. Will be a while before both can recover

That's because those people selling SLR believe that 1 Bitcoin is worth §55,000. I don't believe that for a second... Do you?  Kiss

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Alao

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:52:48 PM

That's because those people selling SLR believe that 1 Bitcoin is worth §55,000. I don't believe that for a second... Do you?  Kiss

I would think that as the price of BTC drops the amount of SLR you can get with one BTC should drop as well.

§1 = 1MWh
user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:38:57 PM

I would think that as the price of BTC drops the amount of SLR you can get with one BTC should drop as well.
 Huh
I don't think the same, compared to USD, you can get more cheap BTC, so more SLR ... if you are "solar embedded", i think it's a good window to get some cheap slr, and then SLR price should rise compared to BTC

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 10:45:39 PM

Well, I can't speak for others obviously, but when I make my bi-weekly purchases of SLR, I take $50 per pay, buy on QuickBT however many BTC that gets me, send it to my Bittrex BTC address, wait 30 minutes or so for confirmation, buy the SLR. Bitcoin is nothing more than a third party intermediary I have to go through to buy my SLR. Given that, BTC could be $1000 or $10 and it really doesn't affect me at all... I care more about the USD value of SLR in that respect than I do the BTC value.  Cheesy

I'd be curious as to how others look at it? This could make for an interesting conversation. Smiley

user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:56:11 PM

adding to my previous comment, I may add that usually, it's true, and when BTC drops, alt coins drops as well ...but it should be interesting to see how slr reacts, if it rise, then that will say that people has understood SLR is backup by something else and not only BTC

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:07:31 AM

adding to my previous comment, I may add that usually, it's true, and when BTC drops, alt coins drops as well ...but it should be interesting to see how slr reacts, if it rise, then that will say that people has understood SLR is backup by something else and not only BTC

Coin price (in satoshis) does fluctuate by market demand and how many people are buying and selling. However, it sucks that Bitcoin is the required conversion between solarcoin and $. I never really understood why BTC was required for most alt coins? Was it because the exchanges couldn't handle supporting each alt coin directly to $?  Maybe they should all substitute the satoshi for a number of dollars (in various currencies)? Maybe 100,000,000 satoshis can now equal $1000 (for example)? Unfortunately, the value is directly tied to BTC, as the exchanges deal in satoshis for the alt coins. As BTC falls, it should be a strong call to (somehow) pull the alt coin connection/valuation from BTC.

Undecided
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:31:18 AM

Coin price (in satoshis) does fluctuate by market demand and how many people are buying and selling. However, it sucks that Bitcoin is the required conversion between solarcoin and $. I never really understood why BTC was required for most alt coins? Was it because the exchanges couldn't handle supporting each alt coin directly to $?  Maybe they should all substitute the satoshi for a number of dollars (in various currencies)? Maybe 100,000,000 satoshis can now equal $1000 (for example)? Unfortunately, the value is directly tied to BTC, as the exchanges deal in satoshis for the alt coins. As BTC falls, it should be a strong call to (somehow) pull the alt coin connection/valuation from BTC.

Undecided

The fact that you would even want to exchange for money just shows you may not understand or possibly don't want to participate in the true beauty of Crypto. An ALT Coin should be used as money, period. The fact that you want to turn it into USD or FIAT means you want to be subversive to the economy of the ALT in question. When you are ready to accept a SolarCoin for a value compared to the USD or FIAT of choice instead of for the actual holding of that FIAT then you will be ready to understand the true power of holding a currency with no real value created by the FED or holding perceived value created by Crypto. It is only worth what power you and your group have to offer. FIAT buys food and rent and cars and gadgets. ALT coins buy only what people are willing to trade for them, what should SolarCoin trade with?

You are trading power with this coin but you should realize that you also give your power away by trading to FIAT. By reserving your power into a coin you take it away from the FIAT who don't really care about your solar power anyways. But with a million of us they might start to care. And then swing the power in our favor to go off the grid and lift the world out of the murky depths of the FED while shining light on the entire economy of SolarCoin.

Creating a path to FIAT empowers the banks, and makes trading to BTC volitile. End of story. If you want to give power to the people, you must give it to the people and hope they reciprocate. Buying and selling a Crypto Stock on an exchange only makes Exchanges money and back to the banks etc. FIAT makes the world go round though since it opens your economy and pays for your ROI for the costs of you solar panels. But that is paying for itself as not having to purchase more electricity. So what else could SolarCoin do to offset the need to go to FIAT? Obviously everyone wants to make FIAT and buy and sell and get rich. But is this ideal when there is no real value to showing you have generated electricity with your Solar Panel? So get real here and maybe people will start to understand how to create an economy from Crypto finally.
LuckyKey

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:56:49 PM

Undecided

The fact that you would even want to exchange for money just shows you may not understand or possibly don't want to participate in the true beauty of Crypto. An ALT Coin should be used as money, period. The fact that you want to turn it into USD or FIAT means you want to be subversive to the economy of the ALT in question. When you are ready to accept a SolarCoin for a value compared to the USD or FIAT of choice instead of for the actual holding of that FIAT then you will be ready to understand the true power of holding a currency with no real value created by the FED or holding perceived value created by Crypto. It is only worth what power you and your group have to offer. FIAT buys food and rent and cars and gadgets. ALT coins buy only what people are willing to trade for them, what should SolarCoin trade with?

You are trading power with this coin but you should realize that you also give your power away by trading to FIAT. By reserving your power into a coin you take it away from the FIAT who don't really care about your solar power anyways. But with a million of us they might start to care. And then swing the power in our favor to go off the grid and lift the world out of the murky depths of the FED while shining light on the entire economy of SolarCoin.

Creating a path to FIAT empowers the banks, and makes trading to BTC volitile. End of story. If you want to give power to the people, you must give it to the people and hope they reciprocate. Buying and selling a Crypto Stock on an exchange only makes Exchanges money and back to the banks etc. FIAT makes the world go round though since it opens your economy and pays for your ROI for the costs of you solar panels. But that is paying for itself as not having to purchase more electricity. So what else could SolarCoin do to offset the need to go to FIAT? Obviously everyone wants to make FIAT and buy and sell and get rich. But is this ideal when there is no real value to showing you have generated electricity with your Solar Panel? So get real here and maybe people will start to understand how to create an economy from Crypto finally.

I like the thought…just not so sure it's doable without FIAT right now  Smiley

Your "beauty of crypto" concept (which I fully support, and wish for) only deals with the people once they have coins. How do they acquire coins? With PoSV becoming a standard, how is the average crypto User going to acquire their coins? The average Joe (who is going to use solarcoins) is not going to acquire much solarcoin from their residence solar production. Unfortunately, it's a FIAT world to acquire a substantial value of the cryptocurrency (to use within the solarcoin economy)…and one that's based on BTC.

If people want to acquire solarcoins, or any altcoin, outside of their ability to generate coins themselves (something solarcoin still provides even though it's in PoSV) they will need $ to do so…unless there's a bartering system to acquire the coins. Maybe that's the key? Maybe we need to see the return of the old "Trading Post"?  Maybe that's the next web site we need - "solartradingpost.com". Anything and everything trading for solarcoins!   lol…but, I'm serious.  Wink

nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 02:48:13 PM

Undecided

Your "beauty of crypto" concept (which I fully support, and wish for) only deals with the people once they have coins. How do they acquire coins? With PoSV becoming a standard, how is the average crypto User going to acquire their coins? The average Joe (who is going to use solarcoins) is not going to acquire much solarcoin from their residence solar production. Unfortunately, it's a FIAT world to acquire a substantial value of the cryptocurrency (to use within the solarcoin economy)…and one that's based on BTC.

If people want to acquire solarcoins, or any altcoin, outside of their ability to generate coins themselves (something solarcoin still provides even though it's in PoSV) they will need $ to do so…unless there's a bartering system to acquire the coins. Maybe that's the key? Maybe we need to see the return of the old "Trading Post"?  Maybe that's the next web site we need - "solartradingpost.com". Anything and everything trading for solarcoins!   lol…but, I'm serious.  Wink

Currency derives its value from 2 sources, economic and speculative utility. Economic utility is more stable and important. Economic utility is driven as a function of trading/exchange utility in a network effect. The more places one can exchange a currency for, the more valuable; +economic utility) it has for the user.  It is a network effect, i.e. the more nodes (trading points) the more likely it is convenient and useful, so having gateways to other networks (fiat, BTC etc.) benefits the currency. Ideally those would be seamless, such as a wallet with auto-conversion.  Eventually it is hoped the SLR node # grows which would grow the utility and value of the currency.  Example BTC may have 5m user/nodes supporting $2.5b in market cap.  Thus each node is worth $500 in economic utility.*     

*note there is of course speculative utility (hope it goes up in value) involved as well.

Speculative utility is useful to get early adoption etc. but the ultimate goal is a large enough network to support/create enough economic utility to creae SLR value that acts a an incentive for small (<5kw) claimants. This price is likely around $0.20 ie. the claimant with 5KW claims 5kw*1.31*4yrs (back to 2010)=§26 or about $5.  $5 maybe enough incentive in (free) money for people to give it a try. If each participant creates more economic utility than that claimed, the economic utility and § price may increase. As the price increases, more people become interested in submitting claims indirectly growing the §  network utility value.  That is how § could become auto-catalytic in terms of network & value growth.    $0.20 sounds far away, but most likely 1,000-3,000 new claiming participants( a guess) would have the same effect. (note economic utility network effects are non-linear, so more utility is created per user later)

For those wanting to grow the value of SLR, please contact friends who generate electricity and have them claim coins, you can 10% of the claim as a referrer.

POSV work is under way. We are as frustrated by the delay as everyone, but are patient. POSV is important and will get done, but doesn't delay or hinder the growth of the network. It is primarily a way of improving blockchain security and significantly reducing carbon footprint.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:43:13 PM

Thanks nickgogerty! A'lot of early holders appreciate all your efforts.

One of the selling points when i tell a person about solarcoin is the people who are involved. hint hint (hedge fund talent)
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 10:13:57 PM

One of the selling points when i tell a person about solarcoin is the people who are involved. hint hint (hedge fund talent)

I think it is important that the idea is more relevant than any one individual.  There is a large community of very smart people. The most important thing is for everyone to do their homework.  The concept is very interesting and we are working on the governance etc. and ownerhship/management of the genesis pool. 

On another note for non-coin people we are working on a list of Benefits to solarcoin.  feeel free to ad, rephrase.  it may make sense for these on the site as we move to communicating and engaging much more with the solar community in 2015.  Please note many of the feature/ benefits involved require the POSV transition to happen. We are all waiting for the code and these benefits so this list can't go "live" yet. 

1)Limited inflation risk: SLR circulation is limited algorithmically and by the production of solar energy. It cannot be over-issued or inflated overnight.
2)Socially beneficial: SLR provides better social benefit than Gold
3)Minimal Carbon footprint: SLR uses a Proof of Stake algorithm that is has a minimal carbon footprint compared with the Proof of Work algorithm used by Bitcoin
4)Faster transactions: SLR process 10x faster than Bitcoin
5) Scientific standard of Work: Solarcoin is based on a fixed proof of physical work for circulating amount. SLR represents a universally accepted definition of work ,the MegaWatt hour (MWh)
6)Incentive for social benefit by use: SLR promotes a common good for humanity and the planet by acting as an incentive for Solar energy production. The more SLR is traded among a larger network of people the more its economic utility value increases. The more the SLR economic value increases, the more it acts as an incentive for people to produce solar energy.

7) Socially equitable: SLR is more socially equitable as it can be earned by large and small solar facilities whereas mining Bitcoin rewards mostly larger computational facilities with access to cheap electricity and sophisticated technology.
Cool Interest earning: SLR allows users to earn interest on their currency staked at an algorithmically determined rate of 2%/yr
9) Available internationally to all: SLR is traded on multiple exchanges and available to anyone with an internet connection globally.
10)Safe, private and traceable: SLR can be printed and stored on a paper wallet to be physically stored, traded or exchanged with others in any amount.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
LuckyKey

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:47:13 PM

I think it is important that the idea is more relevant than any one individual.  There is a large community of very smart people. The most important thing is for everyone to do their homework.  The concept is very interesting and we are working on the governance etc. and ownerhship/management of the genesis pool. 

On another note for non-coin people we are working on a list of Benefits to solarcoin.  feeel free to ad, rephrase.  it may make sense for these on the site as we move to communicating and engaging much more with the solar community in 2015.  Please note many of the feature/ benefits involved require the POSV transition to happen. We are all waiting for the code and these benefits so this list can't go "live" yet. 

1)Limited inflation risk: SLR circulation is limited algorithmically and by the production of solar energy. It cannot be over-issued or inflated overnight.
2)Socially beneficial: SLR provides better social benefit than Gold
3)Minimal Carbon footprint: SLR uses a Proof of Stake algorithm that is has a minimal carbon footprint compared with the Proof of Work algorithm used by Bitcoin
4)Faster transactions: SLR process 10x faster than Bitcoin
5) Scientific standard of Work: Solarcoin is based on a fixed proof of physical work for circulating amount. SLR represents a universally accepted definition of work ,the MegaWatt hour (MWh)
6)Incentive for social benefit by use: SLR promotes a common good for humanity and the planet by acting as an incentive for Solar energy production. The more SLR is traded among a larger network of people the more its economic utility value increases. The more the SLR economic value increases, the more it acts as an incentive for people to produce solar energy.

7) Socially equitable: SLR is more socially equitable as it can be earned by large and small solar facilities whereas mining Bitcoin rewards mostly larger computational facilities with access to cheap electricity and sophisticated technology.
Cool Interest earning: SLR allows users to earn interest on their currency staked at an algorithmically determined rate of 2%/yr
9) Available internationally to all: SLR is traded on multiple exchanges and available to anyone with an internet connection globally.
10)Safe, private and traceable: SLR can be printed and stored on a paper wallet to be physically stored, traded or exchanged with others in any amount.

Great work Nick!  Thanks for explaining your views, much appreciated.

I think another big advantage over other cryptos will be the strength of the network. Once the grant process is automated, and new solar generators are coming online regularly, the network will be growing and strengthening all the time. Unlike most cryptos, where the underlying (required) network infrastructure is entirely based on home computers, it's possible the bulk of the solarcoin network activity will come from the regular flow of solar power, triggering the release of coins to wallets. It should bring a unique credibility, knowing that the network is reliable as a result of the solar power generation Smiley

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:16:17 AM

Undecided

Yeah it is kind of a catch 22 on how to buy or create coins. Yes a type of trading post, but that is to say SolarCoin is worth something to someone other than us idealists. It is just difficult to spend real money on something that has no value other than someone proved they have a solar panel and they sold you their coin that may be worth something.

Yeah not really doable I think I have to agree...
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:19:51 PM

Over 400,000 solarcoins for sale at Bittrex nice entry point if someone is serious about Solarcoins.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:54:05 PM

Over 400,000 solarcoins for sale at Bittrex nice entry point if someone is serious about Solarcoins.
It would seem our ghost is losing control of the market and getting desperate

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:04:15 PM

It would be nice to see those coins distributed to more people. I bought up some of them.

Alao

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:29:01 PM

I feel like getting some bitcoin and taking those of his hands. At least it would get rid of that wall. Judging from the historical graph it seems SLR hasn't stayed above 0.00002 for to long however BTC was more expensive then.

§1 = 1MWh
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:42:06 PM

He`s just baring his big muscles to show us all who`s boss!!!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: