Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:54:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:27:12 AM

i have 493 confirmations so far on my oldest block.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:41:57 AM

PoW work is different from PoS work, therefore the numbers are different. The concept is the same. The Difficulty number for PoST must be calculated (adjusted) in as similar way as the Difficulty number in PoW, so that the TARGET block rate is met under ANY conditions of the network of machines, doing the job of finding next block.

The difficulty changes yeah, but has nothing to do with the ability of finding a block in PoST. The wallets are not searching for a block they are staking their coin weight against other wallets to be considered for reward at any given time. When reward is granted the wallet hashes a difficulty to produce the hash work for the block, your not finding a block, you are given the ability to mint it and this now changes your Weight for future stakes, locked in also hence 500 Confirms. You won a block reward since your Stake met the criteria of PoST.

If the wallets online right now were just hashing at the current difficulty we would see many more blocks. If your coin weight determines your Difficulty then this still doesn't make blocks quicker since it is relative to your weight and if I had my wallet hooked up to a thousand core symmetrical processor I could just keep adding hash to my wallet and find more blocks than anyone on the network since I am Hashing and winning blocks at high Coin Weight Diff even though other wallets with normal cores can't find blocks at a low diff. See how it just can't work that way?

None of what you say is my task to understand as a system tester.
The question I asked was this:
"In PoW mining, the feedback that maintains the 1 minute target is achieved by varying the difficulty according to the hashpower currently working on that blockchain.
In the current PoST implementation we have, what is the feedback used to maintain the target block rate?"

Steve's answer was this : "Same concept in PoS.  The difficulty is adjusted."

Then what is your answer? What is the feedback used to maintain the target block rate?
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 03:09:43 AM

All,

The block explorer on CryptoID should be working soon.  I have pushed the fix for it, and will be pushing 2.0.6 later tonight.  (It's just a maintenance release. No new features like 10,000% interest or anything.)  Wink

Current block height is 835709.  We're moving along, despite the 21 1.5 nodes that are not staking.  Yay

Note:  In a non-capped-interest model of PoST, the folks that are staking would be seeing very nice interest payments with the low network stake weight.  But, ours is capped at 10% until block height 836213 when the interest rate will drop to a 2% cap.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:57:22 AM

PoW work is different from PoS work, therefore the numbers are different. The concept is the same. The Difficulty number for PoST must be calculated (adjusted) in as similar way as the Difficulty number in PoW, so that the TARGET block rate is met under ANY conditions of the network of machines, doing the job of finding next block.

The difficulty changes yeah, but has nothing to do with the ability of finding a block in PoST. The wallets are not searching for a block they are staking their coin weight against other wallets to be considered for reward at any given time. When reward is granted the wallet hashes a difficulty to produce the hash work for the block, your not finding a block, you are given the ability to mint it and this now changes your Weight for future stakes, locked in also hence 500 Confirms. You won a block reward since your Stake met the criteria of PoST.

If the wallets online right now were just hashing at the current difficulty we would see many more blocks. If your coin weight determines your Difficulty then this still doesn't make blocks quicker since it is relative to your weight and if I had my wallet hooked up to a thousand core symmetrical processor I could just keep adding hash to my wallet and find more blocks than anyone on the network since I am Hashing and winning blocks at high Coin Weight Diff even though other wallets with normal cores can't find blocks at a low diff. See how it just can't work that way?

"In PoW mining, the feedback that maintains the 1 minute target is achieved by varying the difficulty according to the hashpower currently working on that blockchain.
In the current PoST implementation we have, what is the feedback used to maintain the target block rate?"

Then what is your answer? What is the feedback used to maintain the target block rate?

It is 60 blocks an hour, the difficulty is produced by the network to match this rate as Coin Weight. Not externally by hash. If everyone has their coin locked up staking and coin age requirements are not met and I don't think anyone can generate a block. Well Vericoin is situated at 60 per hour so this will work itself out when the network reaches equilibrium.
y_virtual

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:28:25 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 04:41:38 AM by y_virtual

It is 60 blocks an hour, the difficulty is produced by the network to match this rate as Coin Weight. Not externally by hash. If everyone has their coin locked up staking and coin age requirements are not met and I don't think anyone can generate a block. Well Vericoin is situated at 60 per hour so this will work itself out when the network reaches equilibrium.

Now I don't see your answer to my question any different from Steve's answer. What happened? And who is ever talking external hash here? Am I dumb? No, I am not.
There are still many spendable staking coins in many wallets - everyone here says that.
I have 5 wallets on 2.0.5 (11% of all, I guess?)
I have no wallets on 1.5, but know of 2 wallets on 1.5, but these two 1.5 wallets I know of have ZERO balances in them. Oh, I am sorry, hope goes down I guess...by 10% !
In my five 2.0.5 wallets running with the sole purpose to INCREASE the number of staking nodes, most of the balances have already staked, BUT there are still 40000-50000 SLR "staking". With fewer and fewer coins to stake, they should be staking at the same rate as when there were more coins to stake. But the fact is, the rate goes down. And the other fact is: the initial rate, as well as the highest rate achieved so far, were nowhere close to the target.

If there is a feedback mechanism in place, it's either not working properly, or it's not set up properly.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:04:47 AM

Question:
What happens, when all available Spendable balances in all currently available (online) wallets go to Staking, and there are ~150-200 confirmations left before the Interest awards begin getting confirmed and coins released from Staking back to Spendable? With no Spendable left, who finds next block?

My understanding of how PoST works might not be right, but aren't the staked coins the ones doing the work? If so, it doesn't matter how many coins are in Spendable, as these are doing nothing and not contributing towards finding the next block.

That would have been my understanding, too, but it seems it's not like that - at first you have no staked coins, THEN you find a block, THEN coins go to Staking. With Spendable going down, you find a block less often. Then Spendable goes to ~0 and you find no more blocks. Didn't you notice that?

That was my understanding also TooQik, but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong... Smiley

Yes, I've noticed that too but thought it was simply how the GUI was updating the counts.

I've only earned one lot of interest (0.09...woohoo) and only after finding that block did my wallet update the Staking count but it did not reduce the Spendable count. Of my original 54,000 coins it now shows 54,000 as Spendable, 1,000 as Staked and a Total of 55,000. Obviously this is not correct as it hasn't taken the 1,000 Staked coins out of the Spendable amount.

You should have a few backups of your wallet.dat. I'd rename your current wallet to something like "wallet(test).dat" and copying over one of your backups. I'd like to see the outcome.

Sorry for the delayed reply corather.

I didn't actually have a copy of wallet.dat handy at work, so I just stopped the wallet on my work PC and restarted the wallet on my laptop at home. The laptop wallet shows the correct amounts with 53,000 as Spendable, 1,000 as Staked and a Total of 54,000. This obviously isn't the same as the test you suggested, so I'll take a copy of my wallet.dat from my laptop into work on Monday, copy over the dat file and see if the work PC wallet displays the same figures or not and post the result here.

That should work, keep copies of everything renaming the ones you aren't using also just in case. Always make multiple backups of your wallet files. If they're lost the only way to recover them is if you generated a private key while you have them.

user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:49:34 AM

Hi all, is there a way :
- to find the exact 1.5.0 nodes ?
- to deny theses 1.5.0 nodes in the next release ?
- to authorize them back after the POST staking mechanism has reached a no return point ?
Thanks for all your answers.

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:10:16 AM

New wallet update is out.

TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:10:33 AM

I've been spending the day reading up on PoST and I'd like to both confirm whether I have it right in my head now, as well as seek some clarification.

My understanding is that each coin will have a life cycle that will transition through three stages as follows:

• Ageing - coins effectively do nothing until they earn enough age (Coin weight) to pass into the Staking phase.
  • Staking - coins of sufficient age will constantly poll the network in a bid to win the right to mine the next block.
  • Staked - coins that won the right to mine the block are held until enough confirmations allow them to be released. Upon release they lose all age and move back to the Ageing phase.

Is this correct?

If so, can someone please clarify how exactly the confirmation process works? Is the confirmation process tied to block generation ie. 500 confirmations = 500 new blocks, or is it independent ie. a seperate function of the network that doesn't relate to the coin life cycle itself?

Thanks in advance.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:18:59 AM

Just a small update: my first interest payment just got confirmed and my coins started staking again. it didn't take more than 10 minutes to find the next block of almost 200 SLR....now i can see my coins back in the staking tab and it looks like they have not ''split up''.
Should they not have split up like Steve said they would? I'm confused because if they don't split up how can the network keep ''rolling''if everyone's SLR just find a block and wait for 500 confirms
TooQik

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:34:26 AM

If so, can someone please clarify how exactly the confirmation process works? Is the confirmation process tied to block generation ie. 500 confirmations = 500 new blocks, or is it independent ie. a seperate function of the network that doesn't relate to the coin life cycle itself?

Thanks in advance.

I can answer my own question here, I've just updated to 2.0.6 and have been watching the number of confirmations verse the block height and can confirm (no pun intended) that with every increase in block height the confirmations increase proportionally.

On a happy note, it appears as thought the block height is now increasing about one block per minute. In the time it's taken me to check my confirmations and write this post I've watched the height go from 835744 to 835751.
solarcoiner

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:40:16 AM

Thanks in advance.

I can answer my own question here, I've just updated to 2.0.6 and have been watching the number of confirmations verse the block height and can confirm (no pun intended) that with every increase in block height the confirmations increase proportionally.

On a happy note, it appears as thought the block height is now increasing about one block per minute. In the time it's taken me to check my confirmations and write this post I've watched the height go from 835744 to 835751.

Blocks are really rolling in fast all of a sudden! Updating to 2.06 now.. lets see how it goes
TooQik

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:45:25 AM

Thanks in advance.

Blocks are really rolling in fast all of a sudden! Updating to 2.06 now.. lets see how it goes

On my first attempt to update through the wallet the download stopped at 99%, then failed. I retried and it worked fine the second time. Hope yours goes smoothly.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:46:19 AM

Maybe someone can answer this...
Is there any benefit of problem to running the same wallet on 2 or 3 machines simultaneously? Will it help or hinder the network?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
solarcoiner

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:47:35 AM

Thanks in advance.

On my first attempt to update through the wallet the download stopped at 99%, then failed. I retried and it worked fine the second time. Hope yours goes smoothly.

Just updated. It worked right away. Nice to see that I already have over 50 confirms on my new interest payment. It seems like the network is working much ''faster''now Wink
Special thx to Steve who has put a lot of effort into this!
solarcoiner

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

Is there any benefit of problem to running the same wallet on 2 or 3 machines simultaneously? Will it help or hinder the network?

Not a good idea, you can corrupt your wallet
TooQik

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:49:22 AM

I thought corather answered this question when you raised it before - he said running the same wallet on multiple machines at the same time would cause wallet corruption.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:50:10 AM

I thought corather answered this question when you raised it before - he said running the same wallet on multiple machines at the same time would cause wallet corruption.
Oops, must have missed that.
Thanks

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
TooQik

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:52:43 AM

Thanks in advance.

Just updated. It worked right away. Nice to see that I already have over 50 confirms on my new interest payment. It seems like the network is working much ''faster''now Wink
Special thx to Steve who has put a lot of effort into this!

Glad to hear it went smoothly.

Yes, big thanks to Steve for all his hard work and effort. Now if you can just fix it so my 53,000 coins sitting in Spendable start earning me some interest, that would be fantastic.  Tongue
y_virtual

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:56:29 AM

Thanks in advance.

From 03:46 to 03:54 (8 minutes) we got 12 blocks. That's 50% faster than the target rate.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: