Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:03:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 06:20:22 PM

SolarCoin 2.0.7 and POST FAQ document.

I would like to thank the community for all of the great discussion and probing and prodding on the new release and of course Steve for doing so much to get us where we are.

To make things easy for new participants, we are working on a google doc FAQ for the 2.0.7 wallet and POST.  these can then be embedded up on the main site once filled out.

The goal is to get the basics down. Ideally we make simple graphics and diagrams to show and tell the story after the outline and FAQ's and use cases are settled and resolved.

Here is the template.
it uses the basic style sheets in google docs.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tEhESVRDiJSEjCKhi60zgtq0nhCCYQpCiGWwQheXVlY/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a prior doc on POST some things have changed. feel free to update.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MXOtUcl8SGKUdhIHZjnU9MEiTlAA0LTqdjv-qidvd9Q/edit?usp=sharing

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:18:37 PM

Hmmm...
I seemed to have strayed onto the wrong blockchain, reloading bootstrap

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:50:28 PM

I must be one of the fortunate ones, I've had no orphaned/conflicted interest payments...yet...probably just jinxed myself.  Grin

Did find a strange problem last night though, when staking my wallet causes conflict with my VoIP service. I can still make calls but the quality of the call makes it unusable. Closing the wallet solves the problem. Has anyone else had issues using VoIP while their wallet is staking? Is there a way to pause staking without disabling it totally or closing your wallet?

If you have one router connecting you to your ISP, and you have access to the router administration, you can look around to set up QoS (quality of service), if available. Just give VoIP higher priority, or unlimited bandwidth (meanwhile limiting the rest or the wallet's ports in particular), or whatever other settings there might be to prioritize traffic.

Thanks y_virtual. I currently have QoS disabled on my router as I have not required it to date.

I am concerned with the amount of data I'm seeing flying around and would like to find out what expected data usage should be seeing for a PC running only a single wallet? To give you an indication of what I'm currently seeing, between midnight and now (just under 10 hours) my wallet has exchanged just over 4 GB worth of data, approximately 2 GB up and 2 GB down. Yesterday I clocked a total of over 12 GB data usage. This seems excessive to me.

For the record, my wallet is also showing 30 connections to the SolarCoin network.

Any one have any thoughts on this?
terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:37:03 AM

I must be one of the fortunate ones, I've had no orphaned/conflicted interest payments...yet...probably just jinxed myself.  Grin

Did find a strange problem last night though, when staking my wallet causes conflict with my VoIP service. I can still make calls but the quality of the call makes it unusable. Closing the wallet solves the problem. Has anyone else had issues using VoIP while their wallet is staking? Is there a way to pause staking without disabling it totally or closing your wallet?

If you have one router connecting you to your ISP, and you have access to the router administration, you can look around to set up QoS (quality of service), if available. Just give VoIP higher priority, or unlimited bandwidth (meanwhile limiting the rest or the wallet's ports in particular), or whatever other settings there might be to prioritize traffic.

Thanks y_virtual. I currently have QoS disabled on my router as I have not required it to date.

I am concerned with the amount of data I'm seeing flying around and would like to find out what expected data usage should be seeing for a PC running only a single wallet? To give you an indication of what I'm currently seeing, between midnight and now (just under 10 hours) my wallet has exchanged just over 4 GB worth of data, approximately 2 GB up and 2 GB down. Yesterday I clocked a total of over 12 GB data usage. This seems excessive to me.

For the record, my wallet is also showing 30 connections to the SolarCoin network.

Any one have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the heads up on this one.  Just checked the stats on my wallet running on a high end laptop (the only task):

Average Upload : 584kbps
Average Download : 2.2Mbps
Instantaneous CPU  Use  : 21%

This is just out of order.  The CPU use my laptop can handle - although it costs money to use so many MIPs - however it may be intermittent.

The data use though is totally off.  What in god's name is it doing downloading continuously at  2.2 Mbps (mega bits / second), that's a lot of data - 280+ Kilobytes/sec - what is going on?Huh?

No wonder my internet has been scruffy for the past week ...

I am not looking forward to my data bill.  The few SLR I have earned in interest will need to be worth $10 each to pay for the data alone - don't even mention the Watts Sad

T

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
babbey

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:40:15 AM

I seem to be having similar issues... have gone through 1.4GB of data over the past ~12 hours, so I'm shutting my wallet down for now in an attempt to not go over my bandwidth cap for the second time this month... Sad
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:43:38 AM

i have 7 connections now.  Undecided
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:02:47 AM

Hmm...
The solarcoin wallet has used 65gb of network bandwidth so far.
Although this may not be such a problem for people in the USA and UK, in smaller countries trying to run wallets this will be a much bigger issue.
In Cyprus for example most people have between 4 and 8mbs connections.

Is there any way we can look into making the wallet network friendlier?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:05:22 AM

Hmm...
Although this may not be such a problem for people in the USA and UK, in smaller countries trying to run wallets this will be a much bigger issue.

I agree it is hard for solarcoin to scale to a lot of the world on that data rate.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:19:34 AM

Hmm...

I agree it is hard for solarcoin to scale to a lot of the world on that data rate.

WOW... Another 5gb of useage in just 1 hour!
What could possibly need so much bandwidth?
Luckily, I have the wallet connected to my business connection, if this was my house I wouldn't be able to do anything else.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
babbey

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:24:40 AM

Hmm...

Luckily, I have the wallet connected to my business connection, if this was my house I wouldn't be able to do anything else.

Yeah sorry everyone, here in Australia we pay through the nose for more generous data caps, so I'm afraid both my wallets will be going offline for the time being. If that data usage doesn't come down they won't be going back online anytime soon either...

Thanks to any Europeans/Americans who are keeping the blockchain moving!! Cheesy
TooQik

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:52:46 AM

Hmm...

Yeah sorry everyone, here in Australia we pay through the nose for more generous data caps, so I'm afraid both my wallets will be going offline for the time being. If that data usage doesn't come down they won't be going back online anytime soon either...

Thanks to any Europeans/Americans who are keeping the blockchain moving!! Cheesy

Looks like mine will be turned off as soon as I get home as well. I've used 24 GB at current count in the last three days for staking. My 100 GB monthly data quota will be gone in about 12 days at this rate.  Shocked
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:10:37 AM

I've used 15 GB this month and I have 2 wallets running. That's 2.5 Gb per day and I have to account for web browsing and voice over IP also. I don't know, it's working well here in the states.

TooQik

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:40:34 AM

Is there a way to limit the number of active connections you have to the network? I'd like to see if there's any correlation between this and data?

For the record, I'm located in Australia, although I don't think the locale should have any impact on data rate.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:38:52 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 09:26:14 AM by solarcoiner

Is there a way to limit the number of active connections you have to the network? I'd like to see if there's any correlation between this and data?

For the record, I'm located in Australia, although I don't think the locale should have any impact on data rate.

Of course there is a correlation, I just explained it before. But for some reason my question just gets ignored. You need to find out what port Solarcoin uses. it's probalby because you are running a full node with over 8 connections Wink that means you are shring the blockchain with others Wink (also uploading)

I am in the opposite situation. I would like to open the port so that I can run a full node and share the blockchain with others. However it seems like no one can help me

Im lucky I have free internet and unlimited bandwidth Wink so if someone could help me open the correct port so that I can support the solarcoin network!
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:42:50 AM

I am thinking delete roaming solarcoin folder then start from scratch but make sure you backup first! to a safe location.

run- appdata- roaming- solarcoin

I deleted everything (all SLR folders, files ect. apart from wallet.dat), uninstalled Solarcoin, manually stopped the process from task manager, restarted my machine, re-installed the new .exe and finally Im upgraded.
Thanks.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 01:33:30 PM

Of course there is a correlation, I just explained it before. But for some reason my question just gets ignored. You need to find out what port Solarcoin uses. it's probalby because you are running a full node with over 8 connections Wink that means you are shring the blockchain with others Wink (also uploading)

I am in the opposite situation. I would like to open the port so that I can run a full node and share the blockchain with others. However it seems like no one can help me

Im lucky I have free internet and unlimited bandwidth Wink so if someone could help me open the correct port so that I can support the solarcoin network!

from http://wiki.solarcoin.org/index.php?title=SolarCoin_FAQ
SolarCoin will connect to other nodes, usually on TCP port 18181. You will need to allow outgoing TCP connections to port 18181 if you want to allow your SolarCoin client to connect to many nodes.

please note the wiki needs to be updated to reflect change to POST, but the port hasn't changed.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:07:40 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 02:51:58 PM by vipgelsi

Tried to allow that port but connections did not go up maybe i did it wrong.  Undecided  At 7 8 connections currently.
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 03:38:37 PM

The port is 18188.  In the console, use the command 'getpeerinfo' to see the IP addresses and ports that are connected.  I usually have 8 connections.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 03:50:29 PM

Concerning bandwidth, there are a number of factors at play here.  Some nodes are still syncing, requesting blocks from you.  This will subside when everyone is synced up.  There are still a few nodes on the wrong chain which are submitting orphan blocks to the network.  This is causing unnecessary cpu overhead and traffic.  And these nodes are also requesting the entire blockchain when the block they submit is not on the main chain:

ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=42fbbc6f0a8b8cf25454 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 7bb3b71ab1ef2b17845d
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=38b3ea2dc8b761e9c2d4 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 272a9745c8ce8b9a0bfd
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=9077e3862c5170a39d1a pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block db1e52b5ee6c72a7ef3e
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e55f554b691081316b0b pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 9077e3862c5170a39d1a
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=2177c9851115ccea391a pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 18adbfc5eadbccc9ec60
SetBestChain: new best=18adbfc5eadbccc9ec60...  height=841176  trust=24240610802676945  blocktrust=148305362  date=10/06/15 15:46:23
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
Flushing wallet.dat
getblocks -1 to 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 limit 500
Flushed wallet.dat 22ms
getblocks -1 to 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 limit 500
received block 2177c9851115ccea391a
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=400aba2cdcad8224ca38 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 400aba2cdcad8224ca38
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=2594848acbbc55c219f8 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 7df8fc8fd43dc9684be4
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=7bb3b71ab1ef2b17845d pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 2594848acbbc55c219f8
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=73314d8a1aa84104e2e5 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 73314d8a1aa84104e2e5
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e920c2e805d2efc85ecf pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188

My node is fairly quiet, not much traffic except the orphan blocks coming in.  My CPU usage is less than 1% for solarcoin-qt.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:06:06 PM

Concerning bandwidth, there are a number of factors at play here.  Some nodes are still syncing, requesting blocks from you.  This will subside when everyone is synced up.  There are still a few nodes on the wrong chain which are submitting orphan blocks to the network.  This is causing unnecessary cpu overhead and traffic.  And these nodes are also requesting the entire blockchain when the block they submit is not on the main chain:

ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=42fbbc6f0a8b8cf25454 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 7bb3b71ab1ef2b17845d
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=38b3ea2dc8b761e9c2d4 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 272a9745c8ce8b9a0bfd
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=9077e3862c5170a39d1a pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block db1e52b5ee6c72a7ef3e
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e55f554b691081316b0b pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 9077e3862c5170a39d1a
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=2177c9851115ccea391a pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 18adbfc5eadbccc9ec60
SetBestChain: new best=18adbfc5eadbccc9ec60...  height=841176  trust=24240610802676945  blocktrust=148305362  date=10/06/15 15:46:23
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
Flushing wallet.dat
Flushed wallet.dat 22ms
received block 2177c9851115ccea391a
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=400aba2cdcad8224ca38 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 400aba2cdcad8224ca38
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=2594848acbbc55c219f8 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 7df8fc8fd43dc9684be4
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=7bb3b71ab1ef2b17845d pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 2594848acbbc55c219f8
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=73314d8a1aa84104e2e5 pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188
received block 73314d8a1aa84104e2e5
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e920c2e805d2efc85ecf pfrom=173.57.196.254:18188

My node is fairly quiet, not much traffic except the orphan blocks coming in.  My CPU usage is less than 1% for solarcoin-qt.

-Steve

So what do you expect the network bandwidth to settle to approximately?
Currently I'm at approximately 15gb a day!

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: