Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:47:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:20:56 AM

SolarCoin upgrade.

We want your input. We are making ongoing improvements to SolarCoin’s code for generator pool security, some cosmetic bug fixes and looking at increasing the block size to support the new electricchain project.

This will involve a hardfork.  the good news is this will be a fairly simple rollover, no changes to blockchain rewards, inflation rate calculation and unlike the current BTC hardfork debate no Solarcoin parties will “lose” anything from the change.  All of us gain from improved SolarCoin Generator pool security.

We would like the communities input on features you may want to see…..

so with that send suggestions either in this forum or PM Nick Gogerty directly.

regards,

SolarCoin Foundation a PBC (public benefit corporation)

Need to fix the link to electricchain
thanks. done.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:23:56 AM

Will solarcoin play a big role in electrachain? And vice versa?
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 07:31:50 AM

I have a question,

how I can reach the winwallet without installer?

Thanks and greetz
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:05:21 PM

SolarCoin upgrade.

We want your input. We are making ongoing improvements to SolarCoin’s code for generator pool security, some cosmetic bug fixes and looking at increasing the block size to support the new www.electricchain.org

This will involve a hardfork.  the good news is this will be a fairly simple rollover, no changes to blockchain rewards, inflation rate calculation and unlike the current BTC hardfork debate no Solarcoin parties will “lose” anything from the change.  All of us gain from improved SolarCoin Generator pool security.

We would like the communities input on features you may want to see…..

so with that send suggestions either in this forum or PM Nick Gogerty directly.

regards,

SolarCoin Foundation a PBC (public benefit corporation)
Please create an 'auto-unlock for staking only', please see how it was acheived on securely Gridcoin: http://wiki.gridcoin.us/Wallet_Auto-unlock_for_staking

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 11:29:18 PM

the relationship is here:
 they are linked but independant. SolarCoin the currency helps verify production as affiliates verify the data sources and integrity of data on the blockchain. The solarcoin blockchain is intended as the primary data repository for the data.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:51:17 AM

Thanks very cool.
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:57:35 AM

the relationship is here:
 they are linked but independant. SolarCoin the currency helps verify production as affiliates verify the data sources and integrity of data on the blockchain. The solarcoin blockchain is intended as the primary data repository for the data.

the https on electricchain.org threw up warnings BTW

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:42:03 AM

Just FYI some announcements in the pipeline.  These will show up in the site in the coming weeks.  Kevin Sara has joined the SolarCoin advisory board http://www.nurenergie.com/index.php/english/about-us/management-team/#ks He has some large projects underway.

ElectriCChain is likely to announce its launch formally at MIT bitcoin Energy forum Feb 22. Doesn't show up on formal calander. http://www.mitforumcambridge.org/events/the-blockchain-enabling-a-distributed-and-connected-energy-future/

work underway on https://coinomi.com/ wallet. release in coming weeks. 

Security for the generator pool coming with new solarcoin release in coming weeks. (multi-sig wallet others)

Announcement likely in coming weeks about first inverter partner for live monitoring and solarcoin issuance.

Work is going on under the hood. A lot of work. Outreach to fortune 500 firms, govt instutions, intl partners building code etc. 

if you know someone with solarpanels or a solar farm have them sign up. Our largest claimant received  45,391.47  solarCoin.  thats worth roughly $800 USD.  If you had helped him file his claim as a referred it could have been worth a 10% 4,539.14 SLR bounty in your pocket.

If you know of someone who may be interested in the www.electricchain.org have them sign up to apply to be early observers or contributors before the full opening.  We are looking for data publishers, technologists, blockchain geeks, journalists, climate scientists, inverter types etc.

The goals is to have as many of the 7million solar generating facility eyes on the sky monitoring energy, pollution, micro-climates etc. with people selling thier data for solarcoin at the rate of......1Mwh / 1SLR.   Solarcoin is now the world's largest private energy incentive with up to $1.8 billion in claimable rewards. The Electricchain.org project aims to be the world's largest open science monitoring project for solar energy and information.  Solarcoin is approximately 200-400 times more carbon efficient than bitcoin (19KWh per transaction v. 97 watts/transaction)*.  With bitcoin you earn a ticket (coin) to join the network by mining (putting carbon in the air). With SolarCoin you earn a solarcoin by generating 1MWh of clean healthy solar energy.

* and we are working to shrink it.  https://docs.google.com/a/solcrypto.com/spreadsheets/d/1QzIA5Nd3pVRGn2c48Oc_dqpImrOfYlwp74UzHXjArdE/edit?usp=sharing

Gigmonger

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:32:52 PM

Upon reading the main post at the top of the page, my only concern is the verbiage being used.  When I hear or see anything mentioned about carbon or carbon footprints, or any other similar terms, I immediately think of the Global warming crowd.  And because of that, I am suspicious immediately.  Not because it disqualifies the idea of solar, wind, or hydro as being something important to support, but because of the angle that that particular crowd pushes.  We certainly should have renewable energies for very real reasons, but if its attached to the global warming crowd, it deserves to be scrutinized for any underlying agendas.  It may very well be that there are no other agendas, as every pawn in the warming crowd is not necessarily aware that they are supporting hidden intentions.  SolarCoin may be one of those cases.  And if so, I do not mean to attract any negative attention to it.  But I do want to know where the creators of SolarCoin are coming from.  What are their thoughts on global warming?  Who are they associated with?  Are there any connections to the United Nations?  Are there any connections to the global elite?  I want to know who I'm dealing with.  And while concepts like solar are important, I've no interest in supporting something on the front end that puts me at odds with agendas on the backend.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:40:45 PM

They are the real deal.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 03:56:34 AM

They are the real deal.

If helpful I can provide a personal bio and short history of solarcoin. Hint: it will include, very large banks, Quantitive research, World's most secretive hedge funds, ivy league institutions, PhD's, a scientific research lab studying time travel among other things, references to Nobel Laureates, robots, genetics, the world's largest artificial brain, the World's largest technology risk problem, a little known university book unifying economics, information, thermodynamics and evolution, The US Senate, the CIA, Worldbank, Africa and many european countries, failed start-ups, the famous 56th floor of the Rockefeller foundation, The Explorers Club in New York, etc. but it all starts in small town Iowa among the corn and bean fields.  Sounds like an awesome conspiracy.  want more? or do you want to wait for the movie?   ...its all true and less conspiratorial than you think.

Nick Gogerty

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:29:53 AM

Please proceed  Grin
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:11:59 AM

They are the real deal.

If helpful I can provide a personal bio and short history of solarcoin. Hint: it will include, very large banks, Quantitive research, World's most secretive hedge funds, ivy league institutions, PhD's, a scientific research lab studying time travel among other things, references to Nobel Laureates, robots, genetics, the world's largest artificial brain, the World's largest technology risk problem, a little known university book unifying economics, information, thermodynamics and evolution, The US Senate, the CIA, Worldbank, Africa and many european countries, failed start-ups, the famous 56th floor of the Rockefeller foundation, The Explorers Club in New York, etc. but it all starts in small town Iowa among the corn and bean fields.  Sounds like an awesome conspiracy.  want more? or do you want to wait for the movie?   ...its all true and less conspiratorial than you think.

Nick Gogerty

THAT needs to be the introduction to the 3 hour film.

sunny-boy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:15:18 PM

They are the real deal.

Nick Gogerty

Hereafter is link to Interview Nick Gogerty from Nikola Danaylov aka Socrates on https://www.singularityweblog.com/open-source-software-and-the-solarcoin-foundation/ Singularity weblog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMRZRqSh4KI&feature=youtu.be

Full length Interview should be out around the end of the week
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:29:16 PM

Looks great. Can't wait for the full video  Cheesy
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 12:59:06 AM

They are the real deal.

Nick Gogerty

Hereafter is link to Interview Nick Gogerty from Nikola Danaylov aka Socrates on https://www.singularityweblog.com/open-source-software-and-the-solarcoin-foundation/ Singularity weblog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMRZRqSh4KI&feature=youtu.be

Full length Interview should be out around the end of the week

Can't wait for the full video.
Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 03:45:50 AM

New advisory board member Kevin Sara joins SolarCoin foundation. http://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-foundation-gets-new-advisory-board-member/

nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 04:05:49 AM

Please proceed  Grin

OK, I would like to allay some of the conspiracy type concerns you or others may have. So here is “too much information.”

I can’t speak for others on the project but can give you some background on myself and the SolarCoin project.

I was born and grew up in small town Iowa.
I worked in the soybean fields and on road crews during my teen age summers.
I spent my earnings on penny stocks and started trading Japanese yen futures at age 17 making broker calls from the principles office. and Yes this is painfully cliche.
In college at the University of Iowa I dropped out of pursuing business school because most traditional economics seemed false and the rest could be learned in a book. I studied cultural anthropology with a focus on sustainable economic development in West Africa.
I was in a fraternity the whole time.
During college I camped around morocco for 2 weeks (deserts, oasis, fez, marrakech, the roman ruins of volubalis and later that year spent 3 weeks traveling in Niger between Mali and Chad with peace corps volunteers to understand chronic poverty and the human condition, even visited a leper colony on camel back treating a case of the runs with my magic johnny walker 1:6 ratio medicine.
I started a software company in college with 7 friends while doing thermodynamic research for a Japanese industrial manufacturer. In my spare time I researched applying neural networks and genetic algorithms to trade t-bonds. (losing money due to curve fitting i might add.)
After college I worked as a runner (lowest pad grunt) in the T-bond options pit at the chicago board of trade.
I then worked in the back office doing technology stuff for the Swiss bank corporation now UBS.
I moved to Paris and attended at the time one of the top 100 MBA programs in the world, at the ENPC a Grande Ecole established by Napoleon. My thesis was on quantitative approaches for hedge funds.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89cole_des_ponts_ParisTech
I was hired by BNP one of the top 10 banks in the world at the time to build models and trade Foreign Exchange in London, the world’s Forex Capital.
After that I was concerned about the Y2K ($200-300 billion dollar) problem. Sitting in London with my dog and girlfriend I personally researched and drafted a report on the international implications for international systems and countries. Within 2 months of publication I was called in by the US senate to give testimony as a global expert.  Ignore the poor choice of late 90's facial hair. http://www.c-span.org/video/?152780-1/international-preparedness-year-2000-computer-problem
Other “experts” that day included individuals from the DoD, WorldBank, US. State Dept, Dept. Of Commerce and CIA. Work dried up a bit on Jan 1, 2000.

While reading the paper time in Hyde park on Sunday as un-employed guy in London I came across an article about a privately funded deep future science lab in Brussels modeled on the MIT media lab. I emailed the CEO that day, flew over next week, had lunch and was hired on the spot. I was the chief analyst helping formulate business strategy, and IP capture for the institute. Projects under this remit involved multiple Phd level researchers. My remit: included 3 schools of artificial intelligence, quantum consciousness, robotics lab, what at the time was to be the world’s largest gene gathering project, Time Travel (yes you read that right), quantum computation, protein folding and many other projects. The staff included people who were associated with or had worked for Bell labs, Darpa, ESA (european space administration) MIT, etc.. One researcher a friend of mine is just getting ready to post his research on using black-holes for hyper computing and has designed an optical analog black hole using meta-materials and lasers in his basement. There were two noble laureates on our board and Nicholas Negroponte the founder of the MIT media lab. I still collaborate and work some of these starlab people. One of whom may agree to head up the Electricchain project.  video of starlab here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_HDSQXMI0

After that I consulted for VCs and firms on technology strategy before returning to the states. I launched a failed start-up in southern California and took 2nd place in the 2006 Southern California Pitch fest.  My trials and tribulations are available in the documentary (Venture town) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venture-Town-USA-DVD-Entrepreneur-Documentary-/191762011961   (not my listing)

I moved to new york, where I was hired by a tiny hedge fund $50m to be their renewable energy analyst. After 3 months of research into all aspects of renewable energy in 2007, I reported it was all too expensive for investing. I took short positions in the Mortgage Insurance companies based on my analysis of the housing crash which felt inevitable. (An explanation for the simple analysis behind this is in my book The Nature of Value. see later). For my efforts I received a small amount of money and lost my job as the fund’s other positions went the way of the market in 2008. ps. buy my book and I make $2. As I tell my students at Columbia, if you don't like it I will pay you $2 and you can chase Columbia University for the rest. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0231162448/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=desibettfutu-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0231162448&adid=029MFX179JJPC8D29DF4&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Frcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com%2Fe%2Fcm%3Ft%3Ddesibettfutu-20%26o%3D1%26p%3D8%26l%3Das1%26asins%3D0231162448%26ref%3Dqf_sp_asin_til%26fc1%3D000000%26IS2%3D1%26lt1%3D_blank%26m%3Damazon%26lc1%3D0000FF%26bc1%3D000000%26bg1%3DFFFFFF%26f%3Difr

I wrote a book “the nature of value” published by Columbia University Business press. The Columbia University press publishes 3-5 books a year and I was a first time non-academic author writing about “value” investing at the school where Benjamin Graham taught Warren Buffett how to invest. I now guest lecture in the program teaching about innovation and macro-economics.  My book, The Nature of Value explains how the economy is effectively an extension of evolution in the socio-economic domain. It also explains monetary theory and how to understand innovation etc. After completing the book, I did some research and realized that the section on economic and monetary diversification using a quadrant grid matches up perfectly with both Berkshire Hathaways holdings and the World’s best macro-economic Hedge fund.   I am not allowed to mention the name of the hedge fund as they are very secretive and I was hired by them after drafting my book.  www.thenatureofvalue.com

I co-authored a paper (my first) on the concept of an energy backed currency for fun in 2011 but realized one needed a central bank to play such games. For what it is worth Henry Ford liked the idea of an energy backed currency in the 1920’s.  http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1802166

In late 2013, I realized that currency has no intrinsic value but derives its economic function as a social protocol with network effects whose positive externalities could be used to incentive solar energy. SolarCoin was launched in 2014. www.solarcoin.org

Since that time, SolarCoin has been written up in 23 countries and mentioned in Scientific American, The New Scientist and other journals. The SolarCoin team has pitched the idea to marketing groups associated with the Rockefeller Foundation and made multiple trips to the 56th floor of Rockefeller center. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Rockefeller_Plaza

These ultimately lead to no successful outcomes.  Briefly the SolarCoin technical team maintained a small office/desk in the map room at New York’s Famous Explorers club whose member have included many people who have been to the moon and been president of the United States. https://explorers.org/

Currently SolarCoin is deployed in 17 countries and anticipates that to grow. The electricchain project is in the process of speaking with NASA, MIT, Reuters and many serious finance and technology experts in the Blockchain and Internet of Things world including Ethereum and IOTA.  www.electricchain.org

So there you have it, I am sure someone can cook up a conspiracy theory from all of that.....please hold off on the "sunshine nakamoto" jokes.  I am not the only person involved in this effort and others are working much harder than I am behind the scenes. They may disclose or not details about themselves.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:26:05 AM

Made my night thanks nick!

Speaking of hedge funds im supprised one hasnt bought all the solarcoins up yet.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:08:04 PM

Made my night thanks nick!

Speaking of hedge funds im supprised one hasnt bought all the solarcoins up yet.

There ain't much left to buy up Wink All the cheap coins have been scooped up on several occasions
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: