Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:15:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:19:58 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 08:39:48 PM by solarcoiner

Guys since it looks like Solarcoins are going to get some traction we need to protect our stash.

I would advice if you have to enter your Solarcoin password for your wallet use the on screen keyboard and use the mouse to enter your password this can avoid keyloggers from getting your password etc. I also do a full virus scan before any time i have to enter my password on my wallet.

These are not 100% protection but they sure will help.

Hope this helps guys!

I don't actually trust antiviruses. I honestly believe they have access to your data. at least to a certain extent.
I got rid of mine a few months ago. The most important thing is a firewall. If you have that and know what you are doing you should be good to go without a anti virus.

Edit: Obviously you're better off with a antivirus if you also do other things with your computer, but I like to do other things on my macbook Wink. My windows is only running Solarcoin 24/7 and nothing else
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:37:54 PM

Nice volume today on Solarcoin at Bittrex.
Catsoul

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:45:48 PM

Glad solar is still going strong
Well lately someone is dropping the price - there was ~50k "dump" few days ago. It's not big of a deal, but that guy is playing on my nerves since he constantly is adding low sell orders, instead of pumping the coin...

it was a race on the Ethereum ^^

and it was not me )
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:29:48 AM

Well lately someone is dropping the price - there was ~50k "dump" few days ago. It's not big of a deal, but that guy is playing on my nerves since he constantly is adding low sell orders, instead of pumping the coin...

and it was not me )

Hi all,
We are talking to a number of collaboration partners for the IoT platform.
We've been in talks to 2 different ways to connect a blockchain to IoT. One is using the solarcoin blockchain via the "granting machine". The other way is using token's on Ethereum.
We've decided just to reach minimum viable product is to use current technology that is out there and connect it together. So we are doing the way on the solarcoin blockchain.

So, Solcrypto has decided a few months ago just to "have a go". What does that mean? Build a minimum viable product and ship it, then iterate it...etc. etc.
So we finally found a cool and lightweight datalogger platform that connects to a minimum 12V and 1 solar panel system. This product was originally developed in India. We are testing in our labs here in Tokyo at the moment. So the plan:

1) Connect the IoT platform (unit) to a corresponding user profile on Solcrypto. We sell the units in SolarCoin to current Solcrypto users and/or anyone.
Record the unique MAC address of the unit that the user has. Then when they install it on their solar system it will send data over https:// to the user corresponding user profile.

2) The data logger itself has a OS layer. This is great, the people who made the datalogger decided to keep their OS open! Wow, was this hard to find. I took me 6 months of searching the world to find this. Then I asked another datalogger company and they were not so interested. Doesn't matter, we have it now.  It means that we can write PHP onto their OS system so that we can do (1).
All these people have these great ideas (hey just connect a raspberry pie etc etc...good in theory but this datalogger we have has already survived 4 indian desert summers with no ventilation apparently.) More testing through the high humidity Tokyo summer will tell us more.
The datalogger runs on DC power, and consumes at most 2W of power. This was really key for us when finding it.

3) We can choose the data interval for the logger to send its packets. (Totally open). So we will see how much data these loggers are actually producing then record it on our internal database per user.

4) Finally, Solcrypto has our code to connect to the SolarCoin Foundation granting machine. This is part of our affiliate website status and job. The users then can be gathered and batched each day/week or month and then they can send a request to the granting machine API. THEN, the SolarCoin's will be sent to the users "SolarCoin Balance" in their profile. Or, if the user requests, the coins are sent to their corresponding public key address.

Major concerns:

1) Encryption of IoT and Mac address to Solcrypto node platform. We are in discussions now with the IoT provider and someone in the community could help us write a PHP script to help encrypt this data.

Thanks,
Yours in the sun,
lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:54:27 PM

update on electricchain.org feel free to join if you wish monitor.  call was held with sr. manager in energy at Xerox Parc yesterday they are introducing to software and hardware teams. NASA conversation is on Friday. Good discussions with IOTA / GridSingularity being held pilot projects being planned. Things moving well with sunspec. Meeting with Michael Casey of MIT is leading to some students getting introduced to the project soon.

for those in NYC April 5. I will be presenting solarcoin on stage here at noon: https://www.conference-board.org/conferences/conferencedetail.cfm?conferenceid=2778

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:28:54 PM

update on electricchain.org feel free to join if you wish monitor.  call was held with sr. manager in energy at Xerox Parc yesterday they are introducing to software and hardware teams. NASA conversation is on Friday. Good discussions with IOTA / GridSingularity being held pilot projects being planned. Things moving well with sunspec. Meeting with Michael Casey of MIT is leading to some students getting introduced to the project soon.

for those in NYC April 5. I will be presenting solarcoin on stage here at noon: https://www.conference-board.org/conferences/conferencedetail.cfm?conferenceid=2778

Nick
nice one, good luck Nick

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
sunny-boy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:38:52 PM

Nick

I see that Solar City is going to be there, Yeloha and Younicos among other big wigs
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 01:58:57 AM

Nick

I see that Solar City is going to be there, Yeloha and Younicos among other big wigs

Good luck, if you can get it on video for you-tube that would be great as well.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 05:25:36 AM

Nick

Good luck, if you can get it on video for you-tube that would be great as well.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

I second this! That would be fantastic if it's possible.

lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 03:08:34 AM

Wow, NZ installed a lot of nodes in the last week.

free screen capture software

solarcoiner

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:46:24 PM

Can someone fix the link to coinmarketcap.com on www.solarcoin.org?
When you press on Coinmarketcap Info it takes you to the coinmarketcap website and sets the filters to some setting that puts solarcoin is second place. I'm not sure how this is calculated but it's is kind of misleading.
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 10:17:29 AM

sets the filters to some setting that puts solarcoin is second place.

The filters there are set to "market-cap-by-total-supply" and that is why it appears second  Grin

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:08:15 PM

Just for the hell of it I decided to post on /r/solar, there is an intersting question about whether Solarcoin would invalidate an SREC claim, Im in the Uk so have no idea, anyone have the definative answer?

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:37:33 PM

Just for the hell of it I decided to post on /r/solar, there is an intersting question about whether Solarcoin would invalidate an SREC claim, Im in the Uk so have no idea, anyone have the definative answer?

There was some discussion on SRECs in the SolarCoin FB group back in February:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/permalink/406196769580863/
y_virtual

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:39:23 PM

and it was not me )

Hi all,
We are talking to a number of collaboration partners for the IoT platform.
We've been in talks to 2 different ways to connect a blockchain to IoT. One is using the solarcoin blockchain via the "granting machine". The other way is using token's on Ethereum.
We've decided just to reach minimum viable product is to use current technology that is out there and connect it together. So we are doing the way on the solarcoin blockchain.

So, Solcrypto has decided a few months ago just to "have a go". What does that mean? Build a minimum viable product and ship it, then iterate it...etc. etc.
So we finally found a cool and lightweight datalogger platform that connects to a minimum 12V and 1 solar panel system. This product was originally developed in India. We are testing in our labs here in Tokyo at the moment. So the plan:

1) Connect the IoT platform (unit) to a corresponding user profile on Solcrypto. We sell the units in SolarCoin to current Solcrypto users and/or anyone.
Record the unique MAC address of the unit that the user has. Then when they install it on their solar system it will send data over https:// to the user corresponding user profile.

2) The data logger itself has a OS layer. This is great, the people who made the datalogger decided to keep their OS open! Wow, was this hard to find. I took me 6 months of searching the world to find this. Then I asked another datalogger company and they were not so interested. Doesn't matter, we have it now.  It means that we can write PHP onto their OS system so that we can do (1).
All these people have these great ideas (hey just connect a raspberry pie etc etc...good in theory but this datalogger we have has already survived 4 indian desert summers with no ventilation apparently.) More testing through the high humidity Tokyo summer will tell us more.
The datalogger runs on DC power, and consumes at most 2W of power. This was really key for us when finding it.

3) We can choose the data interval for the logger to send its packets. (Totally open). So we will see how much data these loggers are actually producing then record it on our internal database per user.

4) Finally, Solcrypto has our code to connect to the SolarCoin Foundation granting machine. This is part of our affiliate website status and job. The users then can be gathered and batched each day/week or month and then they can send a request to the granting machine API. THEN, the SolarCoin's will be sent to the users "SolarCoin Balance" in their profile. Or, if the user requests, the coins are sent to their corresponding public key address.

Major concerns:

1) Encryption of IoT and Mac address to Solcrypto node platform. We are in discussions now with the IoT provider and someone in the community could help us write a PHP script to help encrypt this data.

Thanks,
Yours in the sun,
lfloorwalker

Thank you lfloorwalker!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:10:27 AM

I believe it does invalidate the SREC and what is worse is that States may include all SLR as payout and dilute the SREC payout.

In any state where a Solar User has already gained SREC credits they should not claim SLR. SLR now competes with the SREC market currently at a lower valuation with no real incentive. Making SLR coin possibly illegal if they do claim for free even, since they can then sell the SLR they claim. Although not saying SLR is SREC, yet users located in SREC markets will participate in the selling of SREC and some are sold from one state into another state legally and now you subvert SREC markets by allowing them to reclaim. Local SREC markets may choose to then include other States SLR as a claim in their potential payout and dilute the SREC markets since the Gov. may use these as claims in their oversight and just not pay the market as well. This would be the only way to legally sell your SLR, being when the Gov. includes the SLR from states that don't participate in SREC Market as a dilution.

For example: State A has an SREC market, State B is allowed into State A SREC market, and State C has no market and is not allowed into other markets. State A and B should not be able to participate in SLR only State C. But With the Traversal of State B into A they may include SLR in their market and dilute the actual markets across the board. This is if they don't outlaw SLR or require SLR to validate against SREC claims before issuance. Which would disallow State A and B from SLR participation.
solarcoiner

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:53:13 PM

Look at that buy support for Solarcoin. Gotta love it. Rocket currenty preparing for takeoff. Looks like someone made some money off the etherieum hype. Good shit haha
y_virtual

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:27:46 PM

I believe it does invalidate the SREC...

And how does it make any difference if you "believe" in this or not? Do you KNOW for sure if it invalidates the SREC, or not? If you do - where is your knowledge coming from? Any written law quotes, etc.?
Anyway, thank you for your opinion!
y_virtual

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:31:54 PM

Look at that buy support for Solarcoin. Gotta love it. Rocket currenty preparing for takeoff. Looks like someone made some money off the etherieum hype. Good shit haha

Few months ago someone bought 600-700K from someone else Wink They may want it back now ?  Grin
solarcoiner

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:33:13 PM

Few months ago someone bought 600-700K from someone else Wink They may want it back now ?  Grin

Well good luck to whoever went short and didn't buy back in. Id like to see someone try to buy 6-700 k at current prices  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: