Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:06:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 03:07:02 AM

New version of SolarCoin wallet is underway: https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

Nice.  Smiley

Just wanted to let you know I am going to have the hangout this friday still for your community.  It will be at 11:15-11:30am EST.  Our community is looking forward to it.  Smiley

Don't forget to download mumbe @ beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo !

Awesome! I won't be able to attend, but I look forward to watching the podcast. Smiley

I need at least one person to represent the community--preferably someone with a long history with Solarcoin and solid understanding of the vision and tech (at least at a high level).  Also very interested in seeing if there is someone who would be considered the "community manager" for Solarcoin as well.  I am wanting to help you guys alot over time, but I would need someone who is trusted 100% by your community so I can help them and give them help leveraging the tools and connections I have. 

I would be interested in putting this person in place to put up maybe a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly solarcoin hangout and will give them tokens that will be later used to own beyond uᴉoɔʇᴉq.  If you guys/gals know of such a person, please do me the favor of getting them in touch with me?

I would gladly give them a room of their own to administer in the beyond uᴉoɔʇᴉq server.  Smiley

I really want to join this hangout! Sounds exciting. It will be late for me, but will try.
Best,
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:46:59 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 03:59:22 PM by vipgelsi

On mumble conference room right now cool stuff! Current topic Solarcoin!
fuznutts

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:25:53 PM

Well that hangout with Nick Gogerty was nothing short of amazing.  I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know how lucky you are to have someone as intelligent and personable working on this project.  I love the vision and the idea of changing the world and would love to hear more input in future hangouts if the community is interested. 

Additionally I'm going to put a Solarcoin room in the mumble server found at beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo so your community has a place to discuss and even record meetings in a private place where one of your trusted community members controls access. 

I look forward to helping archive the documentation of growth in this community as I believe it is one of the projects taking the inspiration bitcoin brought us and exploring the galaxies beyond bitcoin. I am so humbled and thankful to have been able to learn more about all of you. 
user_fred

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:51:42 PM

The selling wall is beeing drying up on bittrex , weak hands and short terms sellers are fewer and fewer.I also noticed we have now 8 wallets in France , while i was alone few weeks ago.  Tongue go go France !

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:53:26 PM

Well that hangout with Nick Gogerty was nothing short of amazing.  I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know how lucky you are to have someone as intelligent and personable working on this project.  I love the vision and the idea of changing the world and would love to hear more input in future hangouts if the community is interested. 

Additionally I'm going to put a Solarcoin room in the mumble server found at beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo so your community has a place to discuss and even record meetings in a private place where one of your trusted community members controls access. 

I look forward to helping archive the documentation of growth in this community as I believe it is one of the projects taking the inspiration uᴉoɔʇᴉq brought us and exploring the galaxies beyond uᴉoɔʇᴉq. I am so humbled and thankful to have been able to learn more about all of you. 
Unfortunately time is a factor that I cant overcome, Id love to hear the recordings if possible tho

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:14:01 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 12:39:15 PM by Alao

The selling wall is beeing drying up on bittrex , weak hands and short terms sellers are fewer and fewer.I also noticed we have now 8 wallets in France , while i was alone few weeks ago.  Tongue go go France !

Yea but since we are one market the manipulation is still high. The price is doing good right now.

Also keep in mine that at current prices someone has about $30K worth of SLR sitting at bittrex.

picture share

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
user_fred

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:04:23 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 03:47:19 PM by user_fred

Also keep in mine that at current prices someone has about $30K worth of SLR sitting at bittrex.
... but he knows like many of us, that there is only 15 btc sitting at bittrex: the real number is 33.000.000, but only 66000 selling.
No one is dumb enough to sell at this price when you know what worth one megawatt when you produce it  Shocked

Just to put it in situation, you can count with your 2 hands the number SLR produced in one year for 1 roof, not more.
You can see the gap when you figure out that a year produced is estimated to less than few cents now.

§1 = 1MWh
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:46:42 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 07:18:41 PM by CryptoNick

The selling wall is beeing drying up on bittrex , weak hands and short terms sellers are fewer and fewer.I also noticed we have now 8 wallets in France , while i was alone few weeks ago.  Tongue go go France !

Yea but since we are one market the manipulation is still high. The price is doing good right now.

picture share

The funny thing is that Distro Chart hasn't changed in years. The Top 2 wallets have not budged or sold anything. Or they buy and sell to themselves? Doesn't make much sense to do that, but I have screenshots that show this chart almost like a mirror. 3 wallet has accumulated 100K but the rest is the same.

All it would take is for the big wallet holders to buy their own positions and boost the price up. Then people could sell off and reboost or no one buys at those inflated prices. But that would be the real test. Get the price up through manipulation and see if people actually place high buys, or just make a buy wall since the majority of coin would be owned by the person buying up and then see if SLR can sustain a real 1MWH Per coin Price. Then it could stabilize or just give incentive for people to claim. The holders of coin could come to this conclusion together and they could at that point reward the claimers and it would reciprocate a process instead of earning 10 cents a year. This kind of shows how impossible it is to stabilize at 1MWH though unless the effort is concerted. Since the majority holders can not sell to the volume of buys and there is not enough movement to make an investment worth while. The only profit takers are the majority holders and the price slides down when they take profit.

What should have happened is the 33 Million coin should have been deleted and then people would be forced to buy the claimers coin. Then by claiming you have a rare coin and also demand for something rare. But instead 33 Million sit out there stagnating and waiting to pounce on buyers who have nothing to do but wait to sell higher just like everyone else.

Why not restructure an IPO so people can get their investment out. Somehow if everyone cashed out even and reset so that there are only 100,000 coin for the IPO holders or work the math on the current price and divide it up so. No one is using the coin for buying things anyways so why would it matter if 33 Million are there or not?

So the Market Cap is at about 1 Million dollars. If the true cost of 1MWH is $100 then divide 1 Million Dollars by $100 and turn the 33 Million coin into 10,000 coin or 100,000 to give 10x Profit. Then when Claimers Claim there is much less competition to sell and makes the coin more rare. This puts more value on the claim coin. The 10K or 100K coin can be fractionalized so it is like a stock reduction and a Claimers market!

user_fred

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:32:02 PM

What should have happened is the 33 Million coin should have been deleted
Correct me if i am wrong, but the 33 million is now what sustains the actual blockchain with POST ? if removed, how can it works? it's not only a market, it's also a blockchain.

§1 = 1MWh
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:02:44 PM

Well done in the interview Nick, you killed it !

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Nick70001

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:05:53 AM

Where can I find a recording of the interview? Price action is encouraging now.
Alao

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:39:04 AM

picture share

The funny thing is that Distro Chart hasn't changed in years. The Top 2 wallets have not budged or sold anything. Or they buy and sell to themselves? Doesn't make much sense to do that, but I have screenshots that show this chart almost like a mirror. 3 wallet has accumulated 100K but the rest is the same.

All it would take is for the big wallet holders to buy their own positions and boost the price up. Then people could sell off and reboost or no one buys at those inflated prices. But that would be the real test. Get the price up through manipulation and see if people actually place high buys, or just make a buy wall since the majority of coin would be owned by the person buying up and then see if SLR can sustain a real 1MWH Per coin Price. Then it could stabilize or just give incentive for people to claim. The holders of coin could come to this conclusion together and they could at that point reward the claimers and it would reciprocate a process instead of earning 10 cents a year. This kind of shows how impossible it is to stabilize at 1MWH though unless the effort is concerted. Since the majority holders can not sell to the volume of buys and there is not enough movement to make an investment worth while. The only profit takers are the majority holders and the price slides down when they take profit.

What should have happened is the 33 Million coin should have been deleted and then people would be forced to buy the claimers coin. Then by claiming you have a rare coin and also demand for something rare. But instead 33 Million sit out there stagnating and waiting to pounce on buyers who have nothing to do but wait to sell higher just like everyone else.

Why not restructure an IPO so people can get their investment out. Somehow if everyone cashed out even and reset so that there are only 100,000 coin for the IPO holders or work the math on the current price and divide it up so. No one is using the coin for buying things anyways so why would it matter if 33 Million are there or not?

So the Market Cap is at about 1 Million dollars. If the true cost of 1MWH is $100 then divide 1 Million Dollars by $100 and turn the 33 Million coin into 10,000 coin or 100,000 to give 10x Profit. Then when Claimers Claim there is much less competition to sell and makes the coin more rare. This puts more value on the claim coin. The 10K or 100K coin can be fractionalized so it is like a stock reduction and a Claimers market!

I agree with you to a degree.  Deleting the 33 million would be unfair to the early investors of this coin.  Some have mined and other (like myself) bought before it got on an exchange.  Seeing these current prices is a sigh of relief after all of this time.  At this rate we may hit .10 before the summer. We almost touched .05 today  Grin

picture share

§1 = 1MWh
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 01:54:54 AM

Fuzznuts should have a copy. You can PM him.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 03:01:11 AM

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:02:25 AM

Correct me if i am wrong, but the 33 million is now what sustains the actual blockchain with POST ? if removed, how can it works? it's not only a market, it's also a blockchain.

The coins get rolled into the 10K or 100K and meet the marketcap of $100 per coin. There is no loss of money or investment from the people who mined the first coins. They didn't exactly pay that much for the coins either, but people who bought in may have quite a few BTC invested. That is also to say they didn't pay as much as it costs to Claim too. I know it represents the previous generated solar but that is a mute issue since the coin needs Claimers in the here and now not represent the previous Solar Generation. But it would still be represented come to think of it just in a better way.

What would happen is the coin would fork when the new Smart Contracts are in place. There may be no better time than that to do it since SLR would also be containing the Generator Pool.

So by doing an even exchange for the existing coin that cuts the current wallets down to size and then the Price would be allowed to boost without profit takers to $100 per coin or whatever the proper price is per MWH by the market.

People will buy these coins and support the Claims. Pretty simple.

If there are more Claims than buyers that is a good problem to have since you still give out the claims and the actual monetary trade value can officially always be PEGGED at X per MWH which you do not need an Exchange for. Say you want to trade your old PlayStation to someone holding SLR. Now lets say the going Price for SLR on the exchange is $20 or really really low... But all holders of SLR agree that Trade is always at $100 per coin.

When Merchants are involved then the actual Market Price is used so they can get their costs out of their goods. But for normal trade the base is stable at the actual Price world wide. It could be a magic number too and this way it always stays the same. Then the only thing holding the economy back is Claiming or buying new solar panels to then produce more coin and Trade with or Sell to people at Low or possibly High prices. This makes the most sense because the Trading is something of Value for a Green Investment where people who support the coin understand that 1 to 1 with the magic number is ok since this is supporting the economy and mindset. Also when you sell lets say a used PlayStation to a Claimer or holder of SLR coin you can do it for retail even though the PS is used. Like I am trading a $300 PS for 3 SLR $100 Magic Number Coins and you show no depreciation if you wish to trade further with another person. So you take that 3 SLR you got for your PlayStation and you buy an item from someone else that you really want or finalize and depreciate by going to a Merchant to buy a product off the shelf at retail and let them take the risk in the market. The merchant may hold their profits too and create a hedge later but this is volatile and why the actual market is dangerous for merchants. But Trade should be easy to adopt.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:27:40 AM

picture share

I agree with you to a degree.  Deleting the 33 million would be unfair to the early investors of this coin.  Some have mined and other (like myself) bought before it got on an exchange.  Seeing these current prices is a sigh of relief after all of this time.  At this rate we may hit .10 before the summer. We almost touched .05 today  Grin

picture share

The 33 Million price would be reflected in the Magic Number price of X=1MWH so no one loses money at all. The market may not sustain X=1MWH but the Trade could always equal that. And most of the buys right away would be trounced by people getting out if they don't like it. Then people get in that do like it. Swap out pretty much. The price could always maintain current levels at the magic number too. Only selling would decrease the number. Since the Magic number is the total costs and profit at the market cap right now at 10K coins reduced from 33Mil. Or if using the 100K model then it is 10 Times that much and the price may just reflect what it is now anyways in the exchanges.

But the Trading of Used Goods for SLR would always be the Magic number. So you gain 10x on the 100K model and Claimers get a big boost from where they are now. Gives incentive both ways. It is like the 33 Million are dooming the coin since the price can not be very attractive for Claimers since no one wants to pay off all of the POW coins or afraid of the Generator Pool Coins etc. Granted that the new Smart Contracts will take care of the latter but the 33 Million still loom out there to possibly dump on Merchants etc. This is why the market can't sustain itself and will either require manipulation to boost the price or gradual natural buy low sell high and wait for buyers yada yada. Which this market is manipulated but in a gradual up tick to make it look proper. I have had sells stop at my buys so many times it is silly.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:55:32 AM

The coins get rolled into the 10K or 100K and meet the marketcap of $100 per coin. There is no loss of money or investment from the people who mined the first coins. They didn't exactly pay that much for the coins either, but people who bought in may have quite a few BTC invested. That is also to say they didn't pay as much as it costs to Claim too. I know it represents the previous generated solar but that is a mute issue since the coin needs Claimers in the here and now not represent the previous Solar Generation. But it would still be represented come to think of it just in a better way.

What would happen is the coin would fork when the new Smart Contracts are in place. There may be no better time than that to do it since SLR would also be containing the Generator Pool.

So by doing an even exchange for the existing coin that cuts the current wallets down to size and then the Price would be allowed to boost without profit takers to $100 per coin or whatever the proper price is per MWH by the market.

People will buy these coins and support the Claims. Pretty simple.

If there are more Claims than buyers that is a good problem to have since you still give out the claims and the actual monetary trade value can officially always be PEGGED at X per MWH which you do not need an Exchange for. Say you want to trade your old PlayStation to someone holding SLR. Now lets say the going Price for SLR on the exchange is $20 or really really low... But all holders of SLR agree that Trade is always at $100 per coin.

When Merchants are involved then the actual Market Price is used so they can get their costs out of their goods. But for normal trade the base is stable at the actual Price world wide. It could be a magic number too and this way it always stays the same. Then the only thing holding the economy back is Claiming or buying new solar panels to then produce more coin and Trade with or Sell to people at Low or possibly High prices. This makes the most sense because the Trading is something of Value for a Green Investment where people who support the coin understand that 1 to 1 with the magic number is ok since this is supporting the economy and mindset. Also when you sell lets say a used PlayStation to a Claimer or holder of SLR coin you can do it for retail even though the PS is used. Like I am trading a $300 PS for 3 SLR $100 Magic Number Coins and you show no depreciation if you wish to trade further with another person. So you take that 3 SLR you got for your PlayStation and you buy an item from someone else that you really want or finalize and depreciate by going to a Merchant to buy a product off the shelf at retail and let them take the risk in the market. The merchant may hold their profits too and create a hedge later but this is volatile and why the actual market is dangerous for merchants. But Trade should be easy to adopt.

People can buy coins now and support claims, I don't see a need to artificially impose a value. The value of the coin will rise to what the market thinks the coins value is worth. Right now the foundation is solidifying, which is reflected in recent activity. More value will be inserted into the technology as the technology increases its worth. In the world of crypto currency, doing anything remotely close to what's being achieved with Solarcoin is nothing short of a miracle. What's to stop claimants from buying more coins now while the value is lower and increasing their own potential profits and insuring more solar panels will be installed? Nothing, in fact several claimants have done just that and will continue to do so increasing both the circulation of the coin and it's value.

Alao

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:52:31 AM

Is there a public link you guys can post?

§1 = 1MWh
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:11:36 PM

Is there a public link you guys can post?

Yes, that would be great! I join you in this request.
user_fred

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:16:49 PM

i believe i found it there : https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/e145

§1 = 1MWh
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: