Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:15:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:57:19 PM

Thanks Eric for everything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:42:35 PM

Good luck for all your future endeavors Eric.
Come in and see us from time to time Smiley

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:46:13 PM

Bless your future Eric!

Hoping to see you in here time to time Smiley
Nick70001

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:41:52 PM

Thank you for all the work you put in Eric.
From the posts I have read, you are obviously a smart guy so will do well with the start up.
Hopefully see you pop up in the forum from time to time.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:21:46 PM

We've successfully forked Reddcoin POSV for Cannacoin and Solarcoin.  Transactions have been tested... next up is testing Proof-of-Stake...

Keep ya'll posted.  After this we'll need a few days to compile wallets for OSX and Windows

Exciting times, thanks for the patience.
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:32:19 PM

We've successfully forked Reddcoin POSV for Cannacoin and Solarcoin.  Transactions have been tested... next up is testing Proof-of-Stake...

Keep ya'll posted.  After this we'll need a few days to compile wallets for OSX and Windows

WOOT! Thanks for the update.  Grin

In case anyone here missed Nick's post on FB, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/permalink/219425874924621/

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:42:46 PM

Hey guys,

A supporter over on FB is having an issue with his wallet, does anyone know what might be happening? It's a Windows wallet, if that helps:

Hmm... tried to access my SLR wallet the other day and now I get this message: Runaway Exception. A fatal error has occurred. SolarCoin can no longer continue safely and will quit. What is going on now? I updated my wallet last week and it worked for a few days, but now this. Any ideas?

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:45:01 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 10:05:17 PM by Epiphany

Can you tell us what the main differences are between Reddcoin and Blackcoin? Is there any material difference between the two that we should know about?

EDIT: I found this for any of you who wanted to understand better what all this means and didn't want to ask (like me  Cheesy): http://agroff.github.io/posv/

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:10:49 PM

Can you tell us what the main differences are between Reddcoin and Blackcoin? Is there any material difference between the two that we should know about?

This is the most concise explanation of Reddcoin information that I've found: http://agroff.github.io/posv/

Reddcoin has a 5% stake multiplier.  For Cannacoin we reduced this down to 1%.  I am assuming that Solarcoin also uses a 1% staking interest as well, but it is a parameter in the code that can be set.  

Both Reddcoin and Blackcoin Proof-of-Stake protocols are second generation PoS implementation (V2).  Both teams wanted to have more people staking coins and thereby acting as nodes on the network.  However they also wanted to discourage hoarding.  Proof-of-stake uses your "network weight" to determine how you will be rewarded coins for staking. BC and RDD differ here a bit. They measure this weight differently in the sense of coins vs. coin-age.  In addition Reddcoin gives a bonus to newer coins through creating incentive for a person to stake coins while also encouraging people to transact with them through "velocity" or trading/moving coins.  They accomplish this by rewarding newly received coins with a higher initial interest than older staked coins.   Blackcoin does away with "coin-age" in the multiplier for staking, so you don't have to hold the coins for a certain amount of time before they are "stakeable".  Instead, you just have to wait 8 hours after the coin is in your wallet and it will begin staking as "weight".  

I also recommend you read this, particularly starting at section 2.3 and down: https://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

Black coin initially forked from Peercoin and had a proof-of-work period.  The difference in some block timestamping differences between Bitcoin and Peercoin are what caused the forking issue.  Reddcoin was a fork of Litecoin originally and was scrypt mined.  That's why we were able to get the merkel root to synchronize with Cannacoin finally using Reddcoin.
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

This is the most concise explanation of Reddcoin information that I've found: http://agroff.github.io/posv/

Reddcoin has a 5% stake multiplier.  For Cannacoin we reduced this down to 1%.  I am assuming that Solarcoin also uses a 1% staking interest as well, but it is a parameter in the code that can be set.  

Both Reddcoin and Blackcoin Proof-of-Stake protocols are second generation PoS implementation (V2).  Both teams wanted to have more people staking coins and thereby acting as nodes on the network.  However they also wanted to discourage hoarding.  Proof-of-stake uses your "network weight" to determine how you will be rewarded coins for staking. BC and RDD differ here a bit. They measure this weight differently in the sense of coins vs. coin-age.  In addition Reddcoin gives a bonus to newer coins through creating incentive for a person to stake coins while also encouraging people to transact with them through "velocity" or trading/moving coins.  They accomplish this by rewarding newly received coins with a higher initial interest than older staked coins.   Blackcoin does away with "coin-age" in the multiplier for staking, so you don't have to hold the coins for a certain amount of time before they are "stakeable".  Instead, you just have to wait 8 hours after the coin is in your wallet and it will begin staking as "weight".  

I also recommend you read this, particularly starting at section 2.3 and down: https://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

Black coin initially forked from Peercoin and had a proof-of-work period.  The difference in some block timestamping differences between Bitcoin and Peercoin are what caused the forking issue.  Reddcoin was a fork of Litecoin originally and was scrypt mined.  That's why we were able to get the merkel root to synchronize with Cannacoin finally using Reddcoin.

The biggest concern I have in terms of the math/interest calculations is related to the coins sitting in the Generator/Genesis pools. Will this massive pile of coins waiting to be given out affect the calculations in the code to a great degree? And, if so, should the SolarCoin algo be tweaked in order to make sure that the calculations only involve coins in circulation?

It appears that the PoSV option will be better for generators who receive their coins for the first time as they will be small holders with "new coins" in their wallet (sent from the generator pool) and that's a good thing. We need to be sure those people are rewarded well, as they are the future of this coin.

I just want to be sure you guys take those pools of coins that have already been mined and are sitting on the blockchain into account in the formulas, if necessary.  Smiley

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:17:52 AM

The biggest concern I have in terms of the math/interest calculations is related to the coins sitting in the Generator/Genesis pools. Will this massive pile of coins waiting to be given out affect the calculations in the code to a great degree? And, if so, should the SolarCoin algo be tweaked in order to make sure that the calculations only involve coins in circulation?

It appears that the PoSV option will be better for generators who receive their coins for the first time as they will be small holders with "new coins" in their wallet (sent from the generator pool) and that's a good thing. We need to be sure those people are rewarded well, as they are the future of this coin.

I just want to be sure you guys take those pools of coins that have already been mined and are sitting on the blockchain into account in the formulas, if necessary.  Smiley

+1, The coins in Generator/Genesis pools should be excluded for staking. The PoS staking will divide coins into very small amount and make it hard to trace transaction.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:21:36 AM

It is my understanding that the generated coins would not be part of the network weight as long as they are in cold storage. The moment they are staked then they would be included. Saying that... What do I know!

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:11:25 AM

I anticipte "how to make people 1 solar is the value of 1mw solar energy"

POS POSV DPOS and so on..

these things are important.

But " the real value" is not decided by these technology.

"The value" is based on "1MW solar enegry =  1 solarcoin". (always nick said)

When that system is going on well. Then,  solarcoin will be really great coin

(Who decide the price of gold? and silver? Solarcoin is same!

The shared value ! Smiley )

I hope nick has a great plan. support!!
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:57:07 AM

I have another investor ready to put 1 bitcoin into Solar, prepare for another jump in Bittrex Smiley

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Mining will continue until the new wallet gets released. We don't know yet at which block the proof of stake hard fork will take place.

Oh - I managed to misunderstand the original statement; "Starting on Block 310,000 the PoW block reward will go from §100 per block down to §1 per block over a 33-day period at which time the 100% PoS algorithm will be implemented".  We are a day away from SLR 1 per block - or even 0 per block if the '--3' continues - since we went to 99 and then --3 from there.  It will be instructive to see how many miners keep burning electricity mining a 2000S coin at 1 per minute.

I will keep my little gridseed farm online to protect the blockchain, but it seems like a chasm of uncertainty looming tomorrow.

Good point! I hadn't realized the OP wasn't written quite right. I'll go fix that. Smiley

As to the "chasm of uncertainty", I'm not uncertain at all. The price has to go up. Roll Eyes If it doesn't, mining dries up, volume dries up, price will get stagnant, yada yada. Is that what we all want? The price isn't going to go up by itself.  Grin Now IS the time to buy since the over supply from the miners, who kept dumping on strong bids are, for all intents and purposes, gone. This is true whether we stay at PoW for a few more weeks or go to PoS right now. Would it have been awesome to have PoS kick in right now? Yeah. But there's a delay. That's why we have the fallback in place at 1/block. The whole point of this exercise was to address the over supply issue somehow so that we could get the price to a more palatable level so that generators would start claiming their coins. To me that should be at least $0.10 if I'm going to convince anyone to claim coins. The demand has always been strong, now it seems to be "paused". The mission is still on track, the CCN team is continuing to work on figuring out how to properly address the issue they've bumped into. In the meantime, we're mining at 1/block instead of earning 1% interest. Big deal! LOL

I say carry on, add to your positions, push that price up to a level where is is profitable again, miners will come back, coins will be secure. It's all good.

But like I said, it isn't going to do it by itself. In one of my previous posts, I tried to show how even $0.04 cents would make it profitable to mine again. That's only four times the current value, it's certainly not out of reach or an outlandish goal. We can get there now without having to worry about a miner coming in and shoving it back down to a fraction of a penny. Ain't gonna happen anymore, that risk has been algo'd out of the equation. We're free to proceed now if we choose to.

That's my 2 photons.  Kiss
And here's my 2 photons...
Epiphany is correct that the price has to go up now. If it drops that is simply because not enough people are interested in Solarcoin which mean that WE have not done our job in spreading the word. Don't just expect the developers to take care of everything, those without any necessary skills to help directly with the mechanics of the coin have absolutely the most important job out there, the promotion of the coin and you don't even have to sell it,  thats the best part, just explain it to everyone with the same enthusiasm that brought you here in the first place, the concept will do the rest. So far I have brought over 6 investors to solarcoin for a total of over 4 bitcoin and that is in this month alone. People who had no interest in bitcoin OR cryptocurrencies. If everyone does their part we can have a constant stream of new investors who will bring the price up and up. Here are some of the points I personally use when telling the story of solarcoin...
1. I tell the basic story of Bitcoin, Satoshi and the blockchain.
2. I talk about the DeKo - http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1802166 - This is basically the story of how the solarcoin was realised
3. I talk about Joe and Nick and how they are not just some kids in a garage who decided to make a coin for the fun of it (point them to their LinkedIn profile, this always helps add credibility)
4. I talk about the concept of 1 mw = 1SLC
and 5. I talk about the target price of $20 to $30 and at this point I get out my calculator. I explain why the price of $20 to $30 has to be realized ultimately for this coin to really work as an effective rebate tool for PV system buyers and how more and more people claiming solarcoin = higher and higher price because of a healthy functioning ecosystem.

Ultimately... the success of this coin is on us and no one else so lets all promote the shit out of this coin using our enthusiasm and excitement as the ultimate selling tool!

Hope this helps

Just in case you missed my earlier post please read as I feel it is important for us investors to fuel the market and create awareness, so far I have found 5 Bitcoin of investment for others with really no effort. It really is quite easy and this coin pretty much sells itself.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 11:09:12 AM

Nice Mazz! I've been adding to my position as well. If we're not careful, we might crack the top 50 on Coinmarketcap...  Roll Eyes  Cool

mazzaneo

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:13:20 PM

Nice Mazz! I've been adding to my position as well. If we're not careful, we might crack the top 50 on Coinmarketcap...  Roll Eyes  Cool
Exciting times for Solarcoin!

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:05:54 PM

It is my understanding that the generated coins would not be part of the network weight as long as they are in cold storage. The moment they are staked then they would be included. Saying that... What do I know!

That's correct.  Coins put into cold storage will not stake, although they do accumulate coin-age and can be staked.  If they are put into a hot wallet, they would specifically need to be staked in the wallet.  So, I don't think this is a problem.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 06:24:55 PM

Yes, all the very best Eric! Stop in now and again to say hi. I appreciate all the hard work you have put in over the past number of months and it was a real pleasure to have met you in person.  Kiss

Eric,

thank you for all you have done and contributed. I have no doubt your skills and passion will be a great addition to your future project and team. I am happy to know you will keep an eye on SolarCoin.  Please don't hesitate to reach out with ideas, thoughts and criticisms that can make the project better, more open and more effective in fulfilling the mission of incentivizing solar energy for the next 40 years.

best,

Nick Gogerty

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 06:31:24 PM

+1, The coins in Generator/Genesis pools should be excluded for staking. The PoS staking will divide coins into very small amount and make it hard to trace transaction.

General agreement is that generator pool coins held in reserve will not be staked.  There are multiple reasons for this.

• radical inflation shift even at 1%
  • Security: cold wallets are safer than staked coins on a server
  • staking seems like a proxy for circulation which violates the  1MWh= §1

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: