Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 11:12:36 PM

Has the bleeding stopped now? Sorta looks like it.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 12:28:03 AM

Hi all,

Thanks Corather and Mazzaneo for mentions. Wink

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.
2) Weather proofing tested for battery box.
3) Power system DC Wiring half completed.
4) Meeting with software team completed. Understand tasks.

Remaining:
5) Communication box wiring
6) Dry test and link to API.
7) Stability and running for 1-2 weeks.
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

I saw pictures of this last night!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Check out Solcrypto's tweet to see one of them. He asked me not to share the other pictures, so I won't. But I can share how frickin' exciting it is!!!  Cheesy Do we have our very own young Musk here???

Luke, on a very genuine note, I truly admire your excitement and dedication. You are a light to us all!  Kiss

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 01:35:19 AM

So after all that volume and excitement, there hasn't been a trade in hours... It's like the buyers and sellers are engaged in a showdown!  Grin

LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:31:59 AM

LOL  Grin
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:32:56 AM

So after all that volume and excitement, there hasn't been a trade in hours... It's like the buyers and sellers are engaged in a showdown!  Grin

GO TEAM BUYERS!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Snake Pliskin

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:35:54 PM

So after all that volume and excitement, there hasn't been a trade in hours... It's like the buyers and sellers are engaged in a showdown! 

It does seem to have settle a little down, more buys coming through today, maybe the phantom trader sold out..  Huh
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

The last few weeks have proved that the price is only reflecting an idea in its infancy. If people valued the new idea and demand picked up more, the price would go up and miners would come back. Yet that hasn't happened. It will be the same with the PoS structure. Until we see action on the idea (i.e. an increase in generators claiming coins), I don't think we'll see much of an uptick in price in the short term, even when the wallet algorithm changes.

Even I fell victim to the expectations trap!  Shocked

It's an interesting chicken & egg scenario. Cheesy I think we all had expectations of a price increase solely as a result of making changes to the algorithm even though the only goal of changing the algorithm was to reduce risk on the network to support the price as it naturally goes up. Soon we will have a safer algorithm in place to support growing the network (and eventually price) but it still comes back to the mission of getting coins into generators hands, that IS the point of SolarCoin. And, as we are all aware, that sort of thing doesn't happen overnight, especially when almost everyone involved thinks the only people qualified to grow the network are those involved with the "Foundation". We can all choose to play a larger role, we don't need their permission to do it. The foundation is already there and it isn't about individuals, it's about all of us as a network. As soon as we clue into that, the better off we'll be.  Roll Eyes

Right now most people are classical "investors". Throw some money at something and expect others to do all the work to make it happen and then when nothing happens, rage against the machine. The thing about cryptocurrency that we need recognize and accept is the fact that we are all cogs in that machine and if it's gonna move we can't just sit back and expect everyone else to do all the work.

And now we are back to the same place we were before, the price is not reflecting the value of the idea. The idea needs to be acted upon more robustly and show signs of becoming a reality first before price will follow. Securing the network via PoS is just one of the first steps the community felt was important to make, i.e. secure the network before coin distribution starts to pick up. The PoS algorithm should keep the technology of the blockchain current for long enough that focus can be paid again to the Mission, thus the current holding pattern. I expect once that hurdle is cleared in the next week or so, advancement towards acting on the mission will continue, hopefully by more of us than just Nick and Joe.

That's my humble opinion.  Kiss

Well said. SolarCoin will ultimately become what the community wishes it to become. 

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 04:35:33 PM

Hi all,

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.

Remaining:
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

I saw pictures of this last night!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Check out Solcrypto's tweet to see one of them. He asked me not to share the other pictures, so I won't. But I can share how frickin' exciting it is!!!  Cheesy Do we have our very own young Musk here???

Luke, on a very genuine note, I truly admire your excitement and dedication. You are a light to us all!  Kiss

Its great to see innovation and passion create new solutions.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:19:14 PM

Hi all

We are still working non-stop on the POSV transition... we believe the code is correct, but it can't be tested without launching it on the entire network - which is risky.  Josh and I have looked through the code repeatedly over and over and we know exactly where the problem is and we believe we know why it is happening.  Basically, we need more nodes on the network and more coins staked in order to have the wallet actually stake.  It's the chicken or the egg problem.

So we have decided to setup a Cannacoin testnet in order to test everything before launching it.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize how necessary this would be until now.  It will be very valuable for us to launch a test-net for future protocol changes and testing, so better late than never.

We apologize for the delay.  Solarcoin has many options of course including a buy-back, however, we intend to get this working no matter what.  Thanks
LuckyKey

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:27:10 PM

Hi all

We are still working non-stop on the POSV transition... we believe the code is correct, but it can't be tested without launching it on the entire network - which is risky.  Josh and I have looked through the code repeatedly over and over and we know exactly where the problem is and we believe we know why it is happening.  Basically, we need more nodes on the network and more coins staked in order to have the wallet actually stake.  It's the chicken or the egg problem.

So we have decided to setup a Cannacoin testnet in order to test everything before launching it.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize how necessary this would be until now.  It will be very valuable for us to launch a test-net for future protocol changes and testing, so better late than never.

We apologize for the delay.  Solarcoin has many options of course including a buy-back, however, we intend to get this working no matter what.  Thanks

Good stuff. It's comforting knowing there will be a simulated/testing environment  Smiley

Do you know how long it will take to A) build the testnet, and B) test the updated code?

Thanks again!
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:43:16 PM

Hi all

Good stuff. It's comforting knowing there will be a simulated/testing environment  Smiley

Do you know how long it will take to A) build the testnet, and B) test the updated code?

Thanks again!

Thanks, we should have the test-net setup by this afternoon and begin testing late tonight.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 08:59:15 PM

Hi all

thank you for the update. 

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:10:42 PM

Some great new information from Nick, posted on Facebook just now. What do you all think??

Notification! The Solarcoin foundation is planning on offering bounties for § grant claims. Any person recognized by a claimant as aiding the claim gets 10% of the 1st year's § claim. So help your neighbor of the world's largest solar farms claim free §.

Example a 1MW farm can claim §1,314/yr. The person designated as referring the claim, by the claimant would get §134. Claims can go back as far as Jan 1, 2010
here is a list of largest solar generators in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/…/List_of_photovoltaic_power_statio…

This is being done to incentivize participant growth of the solar community. The 10% referral bounty is to be paid from the genesis pool which is restricted to 5% of SolarCoin circulation and has been untouched so far. The Genesis pool is currently at §1.67m so plenty of bounty to go around. http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ All transactions will be posted and vetted in the blockchain.

This program will likely launch before the end of 2014. Any objections comments are appreciated. This will be posted in the BTC forum and elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/

LuckyKey

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:47:27 PM

Some great new information from Nick, posted on Facebook just now. What do you all think??

Notification! The Solarcoin foundation is planning on offering bounties for § grant claims. Any person recognized by a claimant as aiding the claim gets 10% of the 1st year's § claim. So help your neighbor of the world's largest solar farms claim free §.

Example a 1MW farm can claim §1,314/yr. The person designated as referring the claim, by the claimant would get §134. Claims can go back as far as Jan 1, 2010
here is a list of largest solar generators in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/…/List_of_photovoltaic_power_statio…

This is being done to incentivize participant growth of the solar community. The 10% referral bounty is to be paid from the genesis pool which is restricted to 5% of SolarCoin circulation and has been untouched so far. The Genesis pool is currently at §1.67m so plenty of bounty to go around. http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ All transactions will be posted and vetted in the blockchain.

This program will likely launch before the end of 2014. Any objections comments are appreciated. This will be posted in the BTC forum and elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/

Cool! Hopefully this triggers more claimants to come forward  Wink
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:50:42 PM

Good news we have the test-net up and running already.  More info to come
LuckyKey

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:21:16 AM

Good news we have the test-net up and running already.  More info to come

Sweet!  Let us know how the network is behaving during the testing   Smiley
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:20:08 AM

Hi all,

Remaining:

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

I would like to make (and sell) an embedded-linux (probably beaglebone to start) based solar energy generation and energy-use monitor that uses this system, and is capable of running a local solarcoin wallet. What's the best way to get ahold of lfloorwalker and get more details. (I also need to review the new PoS code and try to get it running in my catoshi client)
mazzaneo

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:46:50 AM

Hi all,

Remaining:

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

I would like to make (and sell) an embedded-linux (probably beaglebone to start) based solar energy generation and energy-use monitor that uses this system, and is capable of running a local solarcoin wallet. What's the best way to get ahold of lfloorwalker and get more details. (I also need to review the new PoS code and try to get it running in my catoshi client)
You can send him a PM, he may take a while to respond but he'll get there eventually Smiley

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mazzaneo

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:42:08 PM

Guys I don't know if any other store has officially announced its support for SolarCoin. if not... then I am pleased to announce the first store to officially accept Solarcoin!

https://www.facebook.com/CandlelitDay/photos/a.274860312599701.66824.272802972805435/713096212109440/?type=1&theater

Please like the facebook page and show your support.

For any information regarding Candlelitday and international orders feel free to PM me,

Thanks

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mazzaneo

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:19:43 PM

Guys I don't know if any other store has officially announced its support for SolarCoin. if not... then I am pleased to announce the first store to officially accept Solarcoin!

https://www.facebook.com/CandlelitDay/photos/a.274860312599701.66824.272802972805435/713096212109440/?type=1&theater

Please like the facebook page and show your support.

For any information regarding Candlelitday and international orders feel free to PM me,

Thanks

Candlelitday is a manufacturer of quality natural soy wax candles catering for 3 of the top 5 rated spas of the world.
Their candles can be found in exclusive spas including Four Seasons, Le Meridian and Aphrodite Hills Golf Resort.

Please feel free to like the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CandlelitDay and drop any comments.

Thanks

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: