Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
LuckyKey

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:34:44 PM

So I'm having a sniffing frenzy right now. I finally picked up my candles! You all know the ones, the fancy soy ones from the store in Cyprus that accepts SolarCoin???  Grin

The scents are just fabulous. I ordered 10, one for me and the rest as gifts and I am having a helluva job deciding which one I want for me. The Cotton Sheets one blew my mind, it might have to be the one I keep. Wink But hubby needs to decide his favourite first before we can choose.

I know, they smell freaking amazing. I bought them primarily to support the cause, but ended up pleasantly surprised. lol  They are really nice, and the scents are out of this world. I ordered 4, but I'm going to order some more for the family as xmas gifts…hopefully they can arrive before the big day if I order soon.

Good to know about the sheets scent.  Grin

I read somewhere that the CCN folks may open source their cannapay code…if so, we should most certainly put up the solarpay site, and list the candles and Nick's book as the initial items  Wink  Maybe there are some vendors/service folks that would want to sell there too? I wonder what it would cost to have them develop/host a solarpay site like their cannapay version?  It would be a nice place to shop, as those solar rewards start to rev up!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckyKey

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:40:45 PM

So I'm having a sniffing frenzy right now. I finally picked up my candles! You all know the ones, the fancy soy ones from the store in Cyprus that accepts SolarCoin???  Grin

The scents are just fabulous. I ordered 10, one for me and the rest as gifts and I am having a helluva job deciding which one I want for me. The Cotton Sheets one blew my mind, it might have to be the one I keep. Wink But hubby needs to decide his favourite first before we can choose.

I know, they smell freaking amazing. I bought them primarily to support the cause, but ended up pleasantly surprised. lol  They are really nice, and the scents are out of this world. I ordered 4, but I'm going to order some more for the family as xmas gifts…hopefully they can arrive before the big day if I order soon.

Good to know about the sheets scent.  Grin

I read somewhere that the CCN folks may open source their cannapay code…if so, we should most certainly put up the solarpay site, and list the candles and Nick's book as the initial items  Wink  Maybe there are some vendors/service folks that would want to sell there too? I wonder what it would cost to have them develop/host a solarpay site like their cannapay version?  It would be a nice place to shop, as those solar rewards start to rev up!

Maybe mazzaneo can repost the candle options/scents again for us  Wink

I saw a nice 4-pack option, with special boxing, on the candlelitday.com Facebook page. Can you tell me how much SLR it would cost for those?  I am interested in 2 of those 4-packs.

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:05:18 AM

Hi Guys,

Glad you like the Candles !

Available scents as follows:-

- Chocolate Cake
- Spiced Orange
- Clothesline
- Cotton Sheets
- Cantaloupe
- Cinnamon
- Papaya
- Lavender
- Sugar Cookie
- Harvest Spice
- Vanilla Bean
- Caramalized Nuts
- Hazelnut Coffee
- Honeysuckle Jasmine
- Cappuccino
- Christmas Tree
- Blueberry Pie

All candles are made from natural soy wax and burn for Approx 45 hrs. Our candles are used by most of the top hotels and Spas in Cyprus and are firmly astablished as THE premium candle brand on the island. For images and comments please visit www.candlelitday.com . Currently this will take you to the facebook site while our page is being redeveloped.

Pricing including shipping is as follows via priority registered shipping:-

x 1 - 2000 SLR
x 2 - 3700 SLR
X 3 - 5000 SLR
X 4 (Box Set) - 7000 SLR

Please PM me if you want a price quote with a faster mode of delivery.

Thanks!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
LuckyKey

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:06:00 PM

Thanks for the fast shipping of the 4-packs. They're going to make great holiday season gifts! Much appreciated  Smiley

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:09:30 PM

Thanks for the fast shipping of the 4-packs. They're going to make great holiday season gifts! Much appreciated  Smiley

Thank you Smiley

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 11:35:30 PM

Thank you Smiley

nice to see the SolarCoin economy humming along.  For those who want it there is a BTC:SLR price widget. just paste in

<iframe id='widget-ticker-preview' src='//www.coingecko.com/en/widget_component/ticker/solarcoin/btc?id=solarcoin' style='border:none; height:125px; width: 275px;' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' allowTransparency='true'></iframe>

https://www.coingecko.com/en/widgets/ticker/solarcoin/btc

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
LuckyKey

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:08:20 PM

Thank you Smiley

nice to see the SolarCoin economy humming along.  For those who want it there is a BTC:SLR price widget. just paste in

<iframe id='widget-ticker-preview' src='//www.coingecko.com/en/widget_component/ticker/solarcoin/btc?id=solarcoin' style='border:none; height:125px; width: 275px;' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' allowTransparency='true'></iframe>

https://www.coingecko.com/en/widgets/ticker/solarcoin/btc

Nick

Thanks Nick, good to know. I am building a site and have the perfect spot for this.
LuckyKey

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:10:10 PM

Our seller is not on the Bittrex board right now. One BTC of buys would move the price up about 100% from where it was yesterday.
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:19:12 PM

Our seller is not on the Bittrex board right now. One BTC of buys would move the price up about 100% from where it was yesterday.

It's time to tighten the spread.  I see a lot of 50 slr sells and buys that are pretty much pure manipulation.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:23:10 PM

Rise.
brookefinancial

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:23:00 PM

I like the price, bought a bit of SolarCoin to see where this goes!

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 09:54:19 PM

I like the price, bought a bit of SolarCoin to see where this goes!

can also earn § solarcoin bounty by referring solar generators.  here is a bounty list of the world's top solar generators over 50MW:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kRuW3iwINSnTAKix6er6n0Cf93XjnMHqH9AiIUk4EGI/edit?usp=sharing

here are the details solarcoin bounty program news item

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
Stunspot

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:20:41 AM

I was looking around for good altcoin charts and found cryptocoincharts.info. Their page on SLR says at the top "SCAM coin! be aware! they are faking the marketcap". Perhaps someone with more econ and finance than me could contact the site?

Page is at: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/coins/show/slr
LuckyKey

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:14:56 AM

I was looking around for good altcoin charts and found cryptocoincharts.info. Their page on SLR says at the top "SCAM coin! be aware! they are faking the marketcap". Perhaps someone with more econ and finance than me could contact the site?

Page is at: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/coins/show/slr

It's hard to prevent Joe Blows that put up web sites from throwing out their comments about cryptocurrencies without understanding / knowledge.  Very few people/sites take the time to do the research/DD.  There's a new one every week.  Sad
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 12:08:49 PM

That site has been saying that since April or so when Coimarketcap first listed us (and many others that had pre-mined coins). Then Coinmarketcap adjusted the cap calculations for coins in circulation but the owner of that website never bothered to adjust his thinking to remove that erroneous statement. Everything was a scam coin in the first quarter of 2014.  Grin

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Stunspot

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:27:59 PM

Yes, yes, that's all well and good. Nevertheless, a good explanation doesn't do a damned thing about the problem. Someone on the dev team needs to contact this guy and has needed to do so since April. The fact that no one has makes me go from 'hopeful' to 'extremely dubious'. Do you understand? It's not the claim that bugs me, per se, but the fact that this has just been sitting out therefor MONTHS and no one has done a damned thing about it.

I _was_ extremely positive about this coin. Seeing that claim made me think about getting out entirely. Hearing that it's an old, unadressed claim makes me DEFINITELY want to get out as soon as I can.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:31:29 PM

Yes, yes, that's all well and good. Nevertheless, a good explanation doesn't do a damned thing about the problem. Someone on the dev team needs to contact this guy and has needed to do so since April. The fact that no one has makes me go from 'hopeful' to 'extremely dubious'. Do you understand? It's not the claim that bugs me, per se, but the fact that this has just been sitting out therefor MONTHS and no one has done a damned thing about it.

I _was_ extremely positive about this coin. Seeing that claim made me think about getting out entirely. Hearing that it's an old, unadressed claim makes me DEFINITELY want to get out as soon as I can.

Don't worry about that if they fix this one a new website will pop up tomoro the only thing that matter is if you have your coins.
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 08:41:29 PM

I never said it wasn't addressed.  Smiley If the owner of that website chooses not to remove the comment, that's his choice.

It is also your choice to choose one negative point out of many, many positive ones as a reason not to support SolarCoin. Any investment requires individual due diligence and every person has their own set of rules to determine whether or not to support the idea. You appear to have a clearly defined set of rules such that your risk threshold is very low. Yet here you are in cryptoland, where risk is the modus operandi.

I suggest you continue your research in order to get more comfortable, or perhaps re-define your investment philosophy. Obviously if SLR doesn't meet your needs, there are many other opportunities to consider.

I should also clarify, my intention with these comments is not be be negative of your point of view, simply I am suggesting there are alternative points of view that are just as valid. I'm hopeful you don't let one issue such as this one be the sole determining factor in your decision to support SolarCoin. Smiley

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:15:31 PM

I wasn't aware of this, neither was anyone else on the team to my knowledge.  It is a case of SWIWOTI. 

I sent an e-mail this evening hoping to fix it. Hope it works.:

Christian,

hello. I recently had a member of the solarcoin forum indicate that Cryptocoin charts indicates, solarcoin is a scamcoin due to the marketcap presentation.

Our market cap as seen on coinmarketcap is based on currently circulating coins around 33.5million.  there is a large 99% pre-mine which is in cold storage shown on our block-exploerer http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ .

Solarcoin is given to solar energy generators at the rate of §1 per 1 MWh of verified solar energy production. 5% of the circulating coins are held in a genesis pool for incenting founders, bounties and marketing. To date none of the genesis pool has been distributed.  So far Solarcon have been distributed to solar energy generators in 15 countries.  The rest of circulating coins have been mined in traditional proof of work methods.

The coin is closing in on its 1 yr anniversary.  Would you consider changing the message associated with the coin? We are working on locking up the large pre-mine algorithmically in 2015.  The Coin is meant as a solar energy incentive to be given out to solar energy generators over the next 40 years. It has been written up in 23 countries and by sites including, Coindesk, Scientific American and the New Scientist among others.

We strive to be as transparent as possible and welcome questions.

regards,

Nick

Monetary policy advisor Solarcoin

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:29:49 PM

I wasn't aware of this, neither was anyone else on the team to my knowledge.  It is a case of SWIWOTI.  

I sent an e-mail this evening hoping to fix it. Hope it works.:

Christian,

hello. I recently had a member of the solarcoin forum indicate that Cryptocoin charts indicates, solarcoin is a scamcoin due to the marketcap presentation.

Our market cap as seen on coinmarketcap is based on currently circulating coins around 33.5million.  there is a large 99% pre-mine which is in cold storage shown on our block-exploerer http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ .

Solarcoin is given to solar energy generators at the rate of §1 per 1 MWh of verified solar energy production. 5% of the circulating coins are held in a genesis pool for incenting founders, bounties and marketing. To date none of the genesis pool has been distributed.  So far Solarcon have been distributed to solar energy generators in 15 countries.  The rest of circulating coins have been mined in traditional proof of work methods.

The coin is closing in on its 1 yr anniversary.  Would you consider changing the message associated with the coin? We are working on locking up the large pre-mine algorithmically in 2015.  The Coin is meant as a solar energy incentive to be given out to solar energy generators over the next 40 years. It has been written up in 23 countries and by sites including, Coindesk, Scientific American and the New Scientist among others.

We strive to be as transparent as possible and welcome questions.

regards,

Nick

Monetary policy advisor Solarcoin

+2(8^8) Which happens to be roughly the amount of solarcoin in circulation right now.

I guess you could say, the numbers add up for this coin. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: