Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 [2077] 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 08:30:55 PM

In summary from earlier....

Someone who left Kano's Pool in February, because of a terribly difficult block and joined a "rival" pool, came back today to be
boastful of the increased hashrate of said pool, hashrate that's from a seriously crappy operated company.  While blinded by
boasting, the person lost control of trying to find a valid point, and resorted to the "my rights" defense.

Note: Halongmining is a shady, unimpressive company. Anyone who's done honest research, that can read, knows this.
They will sell those miners, from the extra HashPower that "said" pool is currently using, and the average numbers of "said"
pool will drop. Some of that HashPower might reconnect, but probably not a significant amount, considering the fact that
Halongmining doesn't promote the use of their equipment on "said" pool. Kinda ironic if you really think about it. Halongmining
won't even promote the pool, they use for testing. Shady AF......

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:33:04 PM

Yeah, the math doesn't add up. The total of the top 100 miners barely approaches 60PH so I can't see how the remainder could add up to another 90PH or so.

I see it listed as around 85PH elsewhere which would be a lot closer to the stats on the site.
As he stated in his own thread, ckpool gets the pool hash rate wrong.

That's also what I said here before, it was over-reading the pool rate by something like 5%
The Pool shift graph shows it correctly - but he doesn't keep the actual share information to be able to do that (or any necessary tests on share data)

With the new faster server here, it's showing correct now, so it might be an under powered server problem, though I'm not sure.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Grog!

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:52:52 PM

Lulz about "freedon of speech" - that statement usually shows up when someone is trolling or failing to provide valid information or ignoring what's been posted.
Read the black text in the white header in the top of every page Smiley

I am fine with moderation, I don't think a forum or thread needs to guarantee the freedom of speech . BUT... if you insult other people, pools or companies, then you should do it in a neutral space, not where you are the moderator, among other things: because those that you insult have right to defense... If you take that right away from them, then you might have legal problems.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 08:57:16 PM

End of intermission.....

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Grog!

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:02:30 PM

End of intermission.....

Actually, I just re-sent this post that was removed couple of hours ago. I wonder why...
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 09:12:56 PM

End of intermission.....

Actually, I just re-sent this post that was removed couple of hours ago. I wonder why...

Probably because there is no legitimate slander issue. You really need to take some time, and read back through some
threads in this forum. There is a lot of history, I believe, you are not aware of. Also, you don't realize, Kano, has been very
vocal in other threads, many times, and the Moderators delete the posts trying to silence certain subjects. Who's the
Moderators???

Do some research before going on a hunt, especially before hunting in the prey's den.

Grog!

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:27:00 PM

Probably because there is no legitimate slander issue. You really need to take some time, and read back through some
threads in this forum. There is a lot of history, I believe, you are not aware of. Also, you don't realize, Kano, has been very
vocal in other threads, many times, and the Moderators delete the posts trying to silence certain subjects. Who's the
Moderators???

Do some research before going on a hunt, especially before hunting in the prey's den.

I appreciate your advises.

About hunting in the prey's den I need to say that and the end everyone needs to follow the law. I think to insult people, tagging them as stupids and other issues that I have been pointing out goes into categories of: defamation, libel, slander, aspersion... If you add the moderation issue, I mean, not letting the affected people to defend themselves, then we have here a very dangerous cocktail. Still... thank you for your advise.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 09:38:43 PM

About hunting in the prey's den I need to say that and the end everyone needs to follow the law. I think to insult people, tagging them as stupids and other issues that I have been pointing out goes into categories of: defamation, libel, slander, aspersion... If you add the moderation issue, I mean, not letting the affected people to defend themselves, then we have here a very dangerous cocktail. Still... thank you for your advise.

You are welcome. However, the "law" here is policed by moderators, and is very different than any one country's mandated laws.
There are many comments in "that other pool" about Kano, that could be deemed derogatory, but you are not there standing in
defense for the "law". Why??? There are literally threads slandering Kano, but the Moderators don't delete them. Why??? Have
You reported those threads because they are defamation of Kano's character??? Probably not. Why???

firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:45:34 PM

It seems someone on the board has been partaking way too much of their namesake...methinks...  Kiss

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
Grog!

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:02:21 PM

You are welcome. However, the "law" here is policed by moderators, and is very different than any one country's mandated laws.
Indeed, but justice sometimes gets its way, specially if there is money loss.

There are many comments in "that other pool" about Kano, that could be deemed derogatory, but you are not there standing in
defense for the "law". Why??? There are literally threads slandering Kano, but the Moderators don't delete them. Why??? Have
You reported those threads because they are defamation of Kano's character??? Probably not. Why???

I don't think I have the obligation of reading the whole forum or to point out every breaking of the law just because I want to know why the owner of this pool is publishing things like: stupid person or scammer company or joke of a service. I was just passing by made some questions, then I got moderation warning and finally I got moderated...

Anyway... Giving you that the other pool have slander kanopool in the past (even I haven't checked/verified).  Have Halong insulted Kano saying he is an scammer? Do the miners in that other pool also insulted Kano saying that he is stupid?
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 10:27:32 PM

I don't think I have the obligation of reading the whole forum or to point out every breaking of the law just because I want to know why the owner of this pool is publishing things like: stupid person or scammer company or joke of a service. I was just passing by made some questions, then I got moderation warning and finally I got moderated...

Anyway... Giving you that the other pool have slander kanopool in the past (even I haven't checked/verified).  Have Halong insulted Kano saying he is an scammer? Do the miners in that other pool also insulted Kano saying that he is stupid?

If you want these questions answered, you're going to have to be "just passing by" the threads and see for yourself. Otherwise, you
seem to be singling out 1 person. That's called profiling, or stalking, according to the "law". Also, there is an entire thread, where people are calling Halongmining's business practices a scam. You can go look, but you probably won't. You are setting your sights on 1
individual specifically. Good day.

highlander113

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:48:37 PM

Their payout scheme design allows small miners to take BTC from large miners if the small miners are lucky.
It's a gamblers payout scheme.
So basically no one with a lot of hash rate but an idiot would mine there.

Bitcoin is business and livelihood for most miners now, gambling on that is pure stupidity.

Correct me if I am wrong, but: isn't mining very similar to gambling? Your pool stats are strongly affected by the concept LUCK... I think LUCK is the strongest factor affecting the payout (Remember those hard to crack UNLUCKY blocks and all they your miners dancing and eating chicken... BTW, is that stupid?). If you agree  that mining is very similar to gambling then, Why you say that gambling is stupid and yourself is a miner who runs a mining pool forked from the repository of that guy who runs that other pool which you say it is a joke and where only idiot gamblers would mine?

I'm just very much amazed that you can tag people as stupid just because they mine in THAT pool with NO FEE which is reaching now 150+ PH.

I'd wish Minergain.com could add to his web service "that" pool to check if the people mining there are stupids as you claim.
Hi since you mentioned dancing and chicken as if this is some kind of cult well I can't change your mind on that better informed persons like Shazam!!! and BSGMiner have given you excellent advice all i can add is my 2 cents I am new here before i started mining and joined a pool i did research for about 2 or 3 week to read everything I could i can honestly say KanoPool is by far the better option not only in terms of pay and transparency but Kano provides really really exceptional service i listened to Shazam's advice and read i think something like 100 pages of this thread and i genuinely was surprised by the support I don't believe you get a supportive community like this without good intentions and respect for one another only advice I can give everyone specially if you are new is before posting anything here just read as many previous pages as possible.
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:09:47 AM

Changing the subject slightly--lots of thoughts left unmentioned here, but my main intention is about benefiting the pool and our wallets now and in the future...

?: Keep running previous generation miners that currently operate at a loss?

Pros:
+They'll never generate more BTC than they do right now
+The BTC price could then go up making it worth running them at a loss for a while

Cons:
-Selling it would probably result in more money than they will profit over the rest of their lives
-Buying BTC instead of electricity would profit more than running the miner

Thoughts?

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
Vlada69

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:12:07 AM

Changing the subject slightly--lots of thoughts left unmentioned here, but my main intention is about benefiting the pool and our wallets now and in the future...

Pros:
+The BTC price could then go up making it worth running them at a loss for a while

Cons:
-Selling it would probably result in more money than they will profit over the rest of their lives

Thoughts?

Good ones as we enter Bitcoin paradox. Price falling so mining not profitable anymore at current electricity prices. But we all wait for 25k for starters, who knows Wink
BSGMiner

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:12:56 AM

Best of luck with all that volcano action.

Stay safe!

Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 12:29:54 AM

Pros:

Cons:

Thoughts?

Personally, around 6k is my break even point, and I'll mine at a loss if I need to. I do plan on investing in newer equipment, as it
becomes available. Just buying the BTC outright can be tricky, with the drastic price fluctuations we've seen over the weekend.
Also, at this price, it's the equivalent of ~16 blocks for me, so I could potentially make more running my equipment.

I've already disconnected my less than Profitable equipment, and I'll probably run it in the winter for heat.

BSGMiner

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:48:29 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2018, 02:19:31 AM by BSGMiner

...Keep running previous generation miners that currently operate at a loss?
Personally, around 6k is my break even point, and I'll mine at a loss if I need to. I do plan on investing in newer equipment, as it
becomes available. Just buying the BTC outright can be tricky, with the drastic price fluctuations we've seen over the weekend.
Also, at this price, it's the equivalent of ~16 blocks for me, so I could potentially make more running my equipment.

I've already disconnected my less than Profitable equipment, and I'll probably run it in the winter for heat.
Good reminder on the Winter heat aspect. Also, it's good to know at least some still have some last generation miners lying around, which leads into my next comment.

If BTC shoots up, that may be a good time to sell them as their demand on the open market will probably go up as well.

Edit: What kills me, though, is that some controllers and PSUs are going for more $ than an Avalon6, and an AUC2 is going for 1/2 the $ of an Avalon6... Cry

Edit2: What also kills me is that this 10.7+T (200+%) Diff block would've been ~500% back in January!

Maus44

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:28:35 AM

I have 1 last $100 Bitmain coupon to give away. PM ONLY with proof you are a miner on KanoPool.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:31:21 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2018, 02:42:23 AM by kano

Block! by jimmy Smiley

Note that was a 10s block (10 seconds after network block 526929) so yeah it's pretty empty since the network is the same.

Edit: and that was our first block totally generated and processed by 0.16.0
As I mentioned before, all the nodes have been 0.16.0 (with minor additions by me and others) for a while, and they all submit the blocks also except when ckpool fails to, but now the new main server is also 0.16.0 (... with the same additions)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
BSGMiner

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:42:38 AM

Finally! Thanks, Jimmy!

Pages: « 1 ... 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 [2077] 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: