Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:27:22 PM

so you are saying that annon doesn't exist.  OK

What about darkcoinlite?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:37:50 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 06:12:15 PM by lexicon

so you are saying that annon doesn't exist.  OK

What about darkcoinlite?

I am talking about using "off chain" technology

I will have to check out this darkcoinlite. Maybe it's good. I have a small amount of XMR and BBR, but put most of my money in Neos and BTCD, and a little SSD for my main anonymous coins that I invest in.

If I thought it was the other way around security wise, I would switch my investments around accordingly.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:12:13 PM

The fact of the matter is that there are off chain anon coins you can use now. Why screw around with on chain anon when an off chain anon solution there is no risk if it isn't centralized in a sense that it is going thru one company, server, etc.

TFM is completely correct. Why? You are putting information about your identity on a PUBLIC LEDGER!!

TFM has said it over and over, and no one has said ONE THING that makes any sense otherwise. Why are you doing it when it is not necessary?

More importantly, why are you doing it when there are other options?

Let me reformulate:
Why screw around with on chain [...] when an off chain [...] solution. (sic)

[...] Why? You are putting information about your identity on a PUBLIC LEDGER!!

[...]

With your level of grasping things, you should stick to credit cards and fiat.

Having stuff on a public ledger is obviously a requirement for anything that is based on a decentralized consensus. Then the fact that those pieces of information publicly available on the public legder provide as little information as possible about you (what you do with your money) is an interesting challenge. Bitcoin has its own answer, cryptonote has its own answer. But saying "let's not put anything on the public ledger" is nonsense and is not an answer. Stick to your credit card or send cash by snailmail, it's offchain.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
lexicon

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:14:55 PM

The fact of the matter is that there are off chain anon coins you can use now. Why screw around with on chain anon when an off chain anon solution there is no risk if it isn't centralized in a sense that it is going thru one company, server, etc.

TFM is completely correct. Why? You are putting information about your identity on a PUBLIC LEDGER!!

TFM has said it over and over, and no one has said ONE THING that makes any sense otherwise. Why are you doing it when it is not necessary?

Let me reformulate:

[...]

With your level of grasping things, you should stick to credit cards and fiat.

Having stuff on a public ledger is obviously a requirement for anything that is based on a decentralized consensus. Then the fact that those pieces of information publicly available on the public legder provide as little information as possible about you (what you do with your money) is an interesting challenge. Bitcoin has its own answer, cryptonote has its own answer. But saying "let's not put anything on the public ledger" is nonsense and is not an answer. Stick to your credit card or send cash by snailmail, it's offchain.

That is a pathetic argument.

"If you don't like cryptonote coins then you should stick to credit cards", maybe Im going to scramble my password too

Im ready to blow my head off just thinking how to respond to such nonsense lol Grin Grin Roll Eyes
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:25:41 PM

"If you don't like cryptonote coins then you should stick to credit cards", maybe Im going to scramble my password too

Im ready to blow my head off just thinking how to respond to such nonsense lol Grin Grin Roll Eyes

I was not talking about cryptonote in particular, so it doesn't matter if you or I, we like it or not. There isn't anything cryptonote specific in my post.

You're saying offchain solutions fulfill our needs for anonymity, so we shouldn't seek for onchain ones. I call it absurd because onchain is the fundamental of crypto (that is why I say you can use fiat to avoid it), and offchain solutions are circumvoluted ways that assume some server, nodes, whatever, are honest or not compromised. It is fundamentally different from assuming math and crypto are not compromised.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
lexicon

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:29:54 PM

I was not talking about cryptonote in particular, so it doesn't matter if you or I, we like it or not. There isn't anything cryptonote specific in my post.

You're saying offchain solutions fulfill our needs for anonymity, so we shouldn't seek for onchain ones. I call it absurd because onchain is the fundamental of crypto (that is why I say you can use fiat to avoid it), and offchain solutions are circumvoluted ways that assume some server, nodes, whatever, are honest or not compromised. It is fundamentally different from assuming math and crypto are not compromised.

You are saying that cryptonote technology is no different than using cypto in the first place, and that is absolutely ridiculous. What kind of an argument is that?

It's pretty easy to see the difference, as I am sure you do. So why the lame association?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:31:34 PM

Let me reformulate:

[...]

Having stuff on a public ledger is obviously a requirement for anything that is based on a decentralized consensus.

It isn't a pathetic argument. One of the advantages of a distributed ledger is that it is broadcast. Thus it is impossible to tell who is reading it. That adds a lot of anonymity right there, compared to solutions that involve some sort of routing. Because any sort of routing is a big red arrow pointing right at you. A lot of the snake oil coins rely on randomizing a bunch of stuff ("pick random nodes!") and claim that works because it sounds secure to non-experts, but without carefully thinking about the range of possible attacks such as sybil attacks or economic attacks on the nodes.

A distributed ledger system by its effectively broadcast nature removes even the possibility of any or all of these "nodes" being compromised.

Why would you risk it?

lexicon

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:37:10 PM

Let me reformulate:

[...]

Having stuff on a public ledger is obviously a requirement for anything that is based on a decentralized consensus.

It isn't a pathetic argument. One of the advantages of a distributed ledger is that it is broadcast. Thus it is impossible to tell who is reading it. That adds a lot of anonymity right there, compared to solutions that involve some sort of routing. Because any sort of routing is a big red arrow pointing right at you. A lot of the snake oil coins rely on randomizing a bunch of stuff ("pick random nodes!") and claim that works because it sounds secure to non-experts, but without carefully thinking about the range of possible attacks such as sybil attacks or economic attacks on the nodes.

A distributed ledger system by its effectively broadcast nature removes even the possibility of any or all of these "nodes" being compromised.

Why would you risk it?

I am asking the same thing? Why would you risk it. Cryptonote is a ticking timebomb.

"One of the advantages of a distributed ledger is that it is broadcast. Thus it is impossible to tell who is reading it. That adds a lot of anonymity right there"

Really smooth? No that is NOT adding anonymity to transactions.

Look how Jl777 approached it with BTCD, not on the chain.
Neos not on the chain. ETC ssd, ETC
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:51:09 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 07:23:57 PM by smooth

"One of the advantages of a distributed ledger is that it is broadcast. Thus it is impossible to tell who is reading it. That adds a lot of anonymity right there"

Really smooth? No that is NOT adding anonymity to transactions.

Yes really. For the reason I stated.

That many Bitcoin clones all do things more or less the same way is not an argument. They pretty much have because they never get into the underlying implementation and the developers have no real knowledge of cryptography, so they all have to attach various forms of mixing on top of blockchain. How you expect that to be more secure than building the anonymity into the actual cryptography is a mystery to me.

It's an interesting version of FUD you guys have come up with to attack Monero. I commend you for your creativity. "It's all public so it can't be anonymous!" "Someone will crack it!"

BTW, most or all internet traffic is probably being logged right now by the NSA and probably others. Almost certainly anything encrypted is. It is not a sound assumption to think that ANYTHING you send out to the internet won't exist forever and can't eventually be cracked. At least with a public ledger, many more people will be trying to crack it and one of them might tell you if he succeeds, at which point you can take remedial action. All that TLA stuff happens in secret -- it might be cracked and you continue to use for 30 years, although honestly I strongly believe that most of the amateur-hour efforts that pass for "anonymous coins" are likely cracked from the start by the NSA and others. There is at least SOME chance that some real crypto is not fully cracked.

xulescu

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:11:55 PM

In reply to a concerned citizen gentleman,

UBERcoin ANNouncement
Launching the latest and last cryptomoney

Total emission: 1337 coins.

Emmision schedule: 72 hours of UBERPoW special hashing function (using special FDIV instruction that makes it 100MHz proof). After that, switch to DERPoS, or Distributed Entropic Regenerative Proof of Stake, the final generation in PoS staking technology. Staking interest is pegged to a basket of ECB and BoJ refi rates, adjusting programmatically as a linear combination of the two.

Launch: to be decided by an hourly D20 roll, with LAUNCH if the dice never stops spinning on a corner.

Moar tech: state of the art ANONOSITY, ultrafast synking, fast blocks, BCI capable wallet "spend with the power of your mind", Web 9000.1 ready, smart contracts, smarter DAC management, super-Turing complete block chain.

JOIN THE REVOLUCION NAO!!
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:06:06 PM

I am pretty sure people who value anonymity would be willing to jump through hoops.

You entirely miss the point that if the n00bs think they are protected, then later are attacked or told they are not, they will run the government's coin and good riddence to that horrible mistake they made to trust.

Don't go fucking around. This is why i am a developer of mass adopted software and you are not.

There is a corollary to this.  Adoption and usage is important for privacy.  What good are ring signatures if there are too few folks in the rings.  Tor had this issue, and it was one of the reasons cited for making it public rather than keeping it only US Navy.
...and so I would suggest that the fewer hoops the better.
Also each hoop is a potential tripping point where privacy can be lost.

TFM often expresses (expressed?) important points poorly.  I get the impression that he thinks much faster than he types and being frustrated by that, takes it out on us, lol.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:09:48 PM

I am pretty sure people who value anonymity would be willing to jump through hoops.

You entirely miss the point that if the n00bs think they are protected, then later are attacked or told they are not, they will run the government's coin and good riddence to that horrible mistake they made to trust.

Don't go fucking around. This is why i am a developer of mass adopted software and you are not.

There is a corollary to this.  Adoption and usage is important for privacy.  What good are ring signatures if there are too few folks in the rings.  Tor had this issue, and it was one of the reasons cited for making it public rather than keeping it only US Navy.

TFM often expresses (expressed?) important points poorly.  I get the impression that he thinks much faster than he types and being frustrated by that, takes it out on us, lol.

He appears to like to tell others what to do. As if we really need to listen to him. lol  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:13:47 PM

UBERcoin ANNouncement

Emmision schedule: 72 hours of UBERPoW special hashing function (using special FDIV instruction that makes it 100MHz proof). After that, switch to DERPoS, or Distributed Entropic Regenerative Proof of Stake, the final generation in PoS staking technology. Staking interest is pegged to a basket of ECB and BoJ refi rates, adjusting programmatically as a linear combination of the two.

Launch: to be decided by an hourly D20 roll, with LAUNCH if the dice never stops spinning on a corner.

Moar tech: state of the art ANONOSITY, ultrafast synking, fast blocks, BCI capable wallet "spend with the power of your mind", Web 9000.1 ready, smart contracts, smarter DAC management, super-Turing complete block chain.

Perfection needs competition.
So I'm forking this, changing all the buzzwords to be future-proof with our interplanetary character set  ISO/IEC 10646XXX, and basing launch on a d16 perpetual spin event in zero gravitas.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:14:39 PM

Two great posts from NewLiberty
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:18:29 PM

There is a corollary to this.  Adoption and usage is important for privacy.  What good are ring signatures if there are too few folks in the rings.  Tor had this issue, and it was one of the reasons cited for making it public rather than keeping it only US Navy.

TFM often expresses (expressed?) important points poorly.  I get the impression that he thinks much faster than he types and being frustrated by that, takes it out on us, lol.

He appears to like to tell others what to do. As if we really need to listen to him. lol  Roll Eyes

That's part of it too.  Also he reads judgmentally.  Its because he knows he is right, so until you can demonstrate that you understand that he is right, he doesn't listen to the part where you can show him that there is more to the picture.

There is an old saying.  "Those who know everything, can learn nothing."
Still, some of my favorite people are like this.

xulescu

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:19:25 PM

There is a corollary to this.  Adoption and usage is important for privacy.  What good are ring signatures if there are too few folks in the rings.  Tor had this issue, and it was one of the reasons cited for making it public rather than keeping it only US Navy.

TFM often expresses (expressed?) important points poorly.  I get the impression that he thinks much faster than he types and being frustrated by that, takes it out on us, lol.

AM/TFM hates centralized everything. He'd rather if everything came from the bottom up. His bottom, supposedly.

UBERcoin ANNouncement

So I'm forking this, changing all the buzzwords to be future-proof with our interplanetary character set  ISO/IEC 10646XXX, and basing launch on a d16 perpetual spin event in zero gravitas.

lol lberty if u thnk u cn jst CLONE prefection leik dat u must b rly butthurt yo rofl if ure so smarrt how cum u cant fgure it out that

ZERO GRAVITAS MEANS ZERO "WEIGTH"
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:20:54 PM

AM/TFM hates centralized everything. He'd rather if everything came from the bottom up. His bottom, supposedly.

UBERcoin ANNouncement

So I'm forking this, changing all the buzzwords to be future-proof with our interplanetary character set  ISO/IEC 10646XXX, and basing launch on a d16 perpetual spin event in zero gravitas.

lol lberty if u thnk u cn jst CLONE prefection leik dat u must b rly butthurt yo rofl if ure so smarrt how cum u cant fgure it out that

You're catching on.  Soon you may see the levity...

xulescu

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:24:43 PM

UBERcoin ANNouncement

shutup n00b i lavitate like chriss angle

stop n00bings its patethic
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:28:11 PM

UBERcoin ANNouncement

shutup n00b i lavitate like chriss angle

stop n00bings its patethic

My pathos is unbounded, weep for me.

xulescu

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:37:57 PM

My pathos is unbounded, weep for me.

Sorry man, trolling at this level gets old so fast it's not even funny by the time I start.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: