Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MaryJanecoin LLC The Bitcoin of the Cannabis Industry and Community  (Read 338757 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:32:04 PM

Can't see myself buying into another mmj/pot/weed/dope coin until the below is fixed. Screenshot 5 mins ago 3:30 PST.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mumak

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

here for a while

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:37:36 PM

Can't see myself buying into another mmj/pot/weed/dope coin until the below is fixed. Screenshot 5 mins ago 3:30 PST.

This is not there anymore! Total coins : 15,315,238

I ♥ Crypto!
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:40:43 PM

Lol at all the fud....I heard satoshi left 5% of bitcoin in his wallets apparently it's simple as hell to just extract the private keys imma gonna be riiiicccchhhhhh!!!!

TheCoinMonster

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:43:01 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 12:17:18 AM by TheCoinMonster

Lets settle this debate about if the burnt coins are stored on an address where they could possibly be retrieved from?

I sent 99 MARYJ to a new address I created using the MamothCoin wallet.  This is exactly what was done by c-cex to burn the coins that didn't sell during the ICO.  The details for the transaction are below as well as the private key.

If you can import this address into your MaryJ wallet you can have the 99 coins.  If no one can retrieve the MaryJ from this address I think its safe to assume that the burnt coins cannot ever be retrieved either.

Transaction: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/address.dws?MGCquKviY3j3BTsGFTCyw7E5brMVHLcyiR.htm

MammothCoin Address: MGCquKviY3j3BTsGFTCyw7E5brMVHLcyiR
Private Key: TT23QBEswF5o7ReG7NmtKnaF3RPZch9tNWwgvdeB2kViRKLhYjWC
Balance: 99MaryJ

P.S. I have a video of creating the address and dumping the private key.  I will post when I can get it uploaded to youtube

----
Edit: Video is uploading
MaryJanee

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:44:56 PM

Just a note. Bittrex has removed the warning, and Richie will be posting here shortly. The accurate current supply is listed on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/

However, in order to increase confidence, we will be forking the code to ignore the address the 36 million burned coins reside on as soon as possible. Thank you for being patient.

leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:57:06 PM

Just a note. Bittrex has removed the warning, and Richie will be posting here shortly. The accurate current supply is listed on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/

However, in order to increase confidence, we will be forking the code to ignore the address the 36 million burned coins reside on as soon as possible. Thank you for being patient.

Excellent, quick and efficient solution. Perfect
(I just wish you would have listened a couple of days ago when I first brought the issue up and this could have been completely avoided)

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:01:39 PM

next stop 2000 - 3000 sat  Cheesy
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:30:09 PM

Lets settle this debate about if the burnt coins are stored on an address where they could possibly be retrieved from?

I sent 99 MARYJ to a new address I created using the MamothCoin wallet.  This is exactly what was done by c-cex to burn the coins that didn't sell during the ICO.  The details for the transaction are below as well as the private key.

If you can import this address into your MaryJ wallet you can have the 99 coins.  If no one can retrieve the MaryJ from this address I think its safe to assume that the burnt coins cannot ever be retrieved either.

Transaction: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/address.dws?MGCquKviY3j3BTsGFTCyw7E5brMVHLcyiR.htm

P.S. I have a video of creating the address and dumping the private key.  I will post when I can get it uploaded to youtube

Thanks for the free coins man Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:31:41 PM

Hey i was able to import it.
However i cannot get the wallet to sync, does anyone have some nodes i can add to the conf ?

Sorry, you are too late, i grabbed them already:

TX: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/tx.dws?49f5fcb0ab71508aad58068b71370d2677da9f206d4ce042efa958982379dc1b.htm
Old Address: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/address.dws?MGCquKviY3j3BTsGFTCyw7E5brMVHLcyiR.htm

I hope you guys will finally wake up now ...

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:40:41 PM

so theres alot of talk by professionals on irc about the coins being completely recoverable. and saying that they should be imported back and sent to a real burn address.

the priv keys can simply be imported again.
did u finish CRYPTO-101? how do you import private key from a different coin addy? If it is possible, there are so many coin on market have similar addy.
more than 100 coin have addy like BTC/LTC.
WTF? Be literate. They try spread some FUD to buy cheap, you fool sell on their wall.
This is how crypto rocks.

Agreed...

You guys are wrong and I hope that Ocminers experiment has convinced you of that.

_IF_ a public key for COINA is compatible with COINB, there is a high likelihood that COINA private key can be imported into COINB.  This is the process we have to go through every time someone sends their ARCH coins to their ARCOIN wallet for example.

That said, as long as the private key for the address that the coins were sent to has been destroyed, this shouldn't be an issue.  My original concern was the fact that the blockexplorer hid the burn address.  I have since verified the burn on both the original explorer and the one ocminer put up.  At this time, we have removed the warning with the understanding c-cex has destroyed the coins along with the private key properly.

Thanks,
richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
LovSan

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

(●´ω´●) Nil de nihilo fit

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:45:01 PM

Hey i was able to import it.
However i cannot get the wallet to sync, does anyone have some nodes i can add to the conf ?

Sorry, you are too late, i grabbed them already:

TX: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/tx.dws?49f5fcb0ab71508aad58068b71370d2677da9f206d4ce042efa958982379dc1b.htm
Old Address: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/maryj/address.dws?MGCquKviY3j3BTsGFTCyw7E5brMVHLcyiR.htm

I hope you guys will finally wake up now ...

Bad news, this means technically there was a private key created for the address the burnt coins were sent to that can retrieve the coins Sad  if anyone has it/could ever get it that means they could spend those coins, right?

Can you really just void an address on the blockchain so that it can never be spent?  Wouldn't this mean that if compelled that same person could do it to ANY address.  This is the opposite of decentralize unless I'm still missing something...

❄❁❇❂❇❃❇❅❇❆❇❈❇❉❇❊❇❋❄♒❇♓❇♉❇♈❇♊❇♋❇♌❇♍❇♎❇♏❇♐❇♑❄❋❇❊❇❉❇❈❇❆❇❅❇❃❇❂❇❁❄
leewilson

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:46:17 PM

so theres alot of talk by professionals on irc about the coins being completely recoverable. and saying that they should be imported back and sent to a real burn address.

did u finish CRYPTO-101? how do you import private key from a different coin addy? If it is possible, there are so many coin on market have similar addy.
WTF? Be literate. They try spread some FUD to buy cheap, you fool sell on their wall.

Agreed...

You guys are wrong and I hope that Ocminers experiment has convinced you of that.

_IF_ a public key for COINA is compatible with COINB, there is a high likelihood that COINA private key can be imported into COINB.  This is the process we have to go through every time someone sends their ARCH coins to their ARCOIN wallet for example.

That said, as long as the private key for the address that the coins were sent to has been destroyed, this shouldn't be an issue.  My original concern was the fact that the blockexplorer hid the burn address.  I have since verified the burn on both the original explorer and the one ocminer put up.  At this time, we have removed the warning with the understanding c-cex has destroyed the coins along with the private key properly.

Thanks,
richie

Thanks richie

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
TheCoinMonster

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:49:34 PM

Agreed...

Thanks,
richie

Did you notice in the video of the "burning" the mammoth wallet was already open and the address used was already created.  How are you sure that the person making the transfer video didn't "dumpprivkey" before he started the video.

If anything this should cast further doubt as to what is really going on here.  I hope you guys don't get burnt by this, Bittrex is one of the last decent places left to trade.
leewilson

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:50:54 PM

Coinmonster,

I am sending you maryj to replace the ones you put up for the experiment.

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:56:18 PM

I dont know how often I need to explain this again and again but i'll try it one more time:

1. Why Burning by sending to a Mammoth/Other Wallet Address is a bad idea:
When you create a Mammothcoin address you create a valid address and a wallet.dat containing a private key
of that valid address. You send the funds from Coin A to a valid address which is ACCEPTED by Coin A's Wallet but generated by Coin B'. That means literally nothing - just that Coin A and B share the same Address encoding AND that Coin B would accept a Coin A address and vice versa. Every address - as long as you have the private key - generated by coin B is also valid for coin A and vice versa as there is no "address delegation" or so in the network. There is no postoffice where address must be registered - you simple create a network address by calculating a privkey and a pubkey - think of the coin address like a abbreviation for you pubkey. So if you send the coins to this abbreviation in either networks - as long as you got the privkey to decrypt the abbreviation - you got the funds. On BOTH networks.

2. Why you should send to a special BURN address when burning coins:
Coin Addresses are for the coin wallet valid looking addresses WITHOUT a known privkey. You are just fooling the wallet to accept a address which you type in your wallet. So you do NOT create an address, you simply invent one like "MaryMaryBuRnBTsGFTCyw7E5brMVHLcyiR" and send the funds there. The coins are now "stuck" in a for the wallet valid looking address - but no one knows the pub or privkey of that address and even the NSA would take about a thousand years to calculate the privkey of that address .. remember a privkey's length.
Of course the invented Address must match the coin's hash (this can be calculated with a vanitygen for example)

So why did they do the show with the video if it is that easy ?
They probably did not know what they were doing...

Are the coins burned yet ?!
Currently not really - someone, in this case C-Cex, could lie to us and simply re-import the privkey and have the funds - I doubt they'll do that as they would hurt their reputation even more, but for peace in mind you could simply invalidate all transactions from this address by doing a wallet update/fork.

TheCoinMonster

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:57:06 PM

Coinmonster,

I appreciate it, Thanks bud!!  This is a problem they can come back from, but I just wonder how many other ICO were done this same way?  Maybe before MaryJ spreads to too many exchanges the Dev's should do a 1-1 exchange to a new blockchain. Premine 1 block with the total coins valid right now, and ask the exchanges to help do a v1-to-v2 similar to how bluetrade help html to html5...

Just a though.  Like I said earlier this is my first IPO and I am really trying to understand the whole process...
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:59:12 PM

Coinmonster,

I appreciate it, Thanks bud!!  This is a problem they can come back from, but I just wonder how many other ICO were done this same way?  Maybe before MaryJ spreads to too many exchanges the Dev's should do a 1-1 exchange to a new blockchain. Premine 1 block with the total coins valid right now, and ask the exchanges to help do a v1-to-v2 similar to how bluetrade help html to html5...

Just a though.  Like I said earlier this is my first IPO and I am really trying to understand the whole process...

uh i did not want to steal them, i'd be glad to return them to you mate, send me your address.

infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:59:36 PM

where video? please link
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:00:28 AM

where video? please link

for the fifth time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4EwdRWopmk

OPTiK

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:01:36 AM

Once the fork is done and the new wallet is released, then the coins will be stuck there forever and we can put this whole thing behind us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: