Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184070 times)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:53:55 PM

Wow, such people expecting crypto everything moon to be..

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:54:18 PM

Wow, such people expecting crypto everything moon to be..

someone will be right  Shocked

Wow, such screwed all others will feel.
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:56:34 PM

DEV: Please reply to Suchpool's PM, both of us are having the same situation with the wallet and we need a solution for this as our miners can't withdraw their coins.

Every update breaks things even further, yesterday's update pretty much made the wallet not sync properly, and previous updates.....

If you can contact me with the final audit numbers I'll see what I can do to help. I personally don't have very many seeds, but I can buy them off the market once we can get bittrex online. They still haven't opened the wallet, which at this point may be a good thing. I'll contact them shortly.

As I stated above, we will NOT be fully auditing the 2000+ blocks.

Given the price of the coin, I don't have any interest into spending a ton of hours auditing the whole thing. I will just buy them back myself, my time is worth much more than the cost of this.

What I am looking for an explanation into what happened with all these forks and where did those coins go?

Also, we noticed that by comparing our blockhashes, they would sometime be different then on a second checkup they had changed and were now matching, hinting there couldve been auto-corrected forks. Is it possible the network tried to auto correct forks as they occured?

I understand.

Here's what happened with each fork:

Fork 1) (v1.0.0 - fix without revision update) Update included a small piece of test code that slipped by the date check. The test code validated all blocks prior to the time check, but new stake blocks were minted improperly. Without a block explorer, it was difficult to tell what the problem was, but I saw a hole in the code that allowed for blocks from the future to be minted, and so I thought that may be the problem, and I attempted to fix it.

Fork 2) (v1.0.1) Fork caused by clocks that were out of sync. A block was minted seconds too soon for some clients to confirm it. The code prevented clients from resyncing to the proper chain, because the fix I chose to solve the previous issue checked against the current time instead of the block time.

Fork 3) (v1.0.2) This one was actually pretty clean. Everything sync'd properly and the changover was relatively smooth. 1.0.2 effectively confirmed everything on the 1.0.1 branch, but checked the best block time instead of the current system time.

Fork 4) (v1.0.3/v1.0.4) I created a testing repo on github and sync'd the code for 1.0.3 accidentally to the master branch. Recognizing my error I switched over to the testing repo while testing this release. The 1.0.3 code had changeover times that were set too early to check that the current chain would be loaded as valid in the new code, but conversely allowed blocks to be minted with the new code before the changeover was set to take place. The 1.0.4 code updated the timings, and I sync'd those changes to github and produced the wallets based on that code. I then announced everything and told everyone to update, not realizing that my github sync had gone to the testing branch, and not the master branch.

The only people effected by this particular fork were linux users and servers. There were only 4 running this code that I ever saw. All windows wallets were correct, and everyone running windows wallets were on the correct chain.

Current:
I've double and triple checked that the github source is the same as the wallet source, and the changeover times are 100% accurate and correct. I've checked that the wallets sync properly, though they do take pause through some areas of there chain where there was significant forking. I've checked for all bugs I can think of forwards and backwards, examining the limits on both sides of the 64 bit integers that the code depends on. I've found a few bugs that I can't fix without risking more problems, and so I have chosen to just tell everyone about the bugs I've found that will only exist while the staking interest is 269% daily, and will no longer be a factor once the growth period is over.

The changeover will be as smooth this time for linux users and server administrators as the windows wallet transition was for windows users - as the problem the last time was slightly different code. I guarantee the code is identical this time, and I apologize for the mixup. I've been humbled and mortified and I'm doing everything I can to try and make sure nothing like that happens again, ever.

As for chains autocorrecting themselves, yes I'm sure they did, since each iterative update considered blocks from the all previous updates as valid, and the blocks generated by the new updates could have been orphaned. So blocks that would be valid in the new code were orphaned in the dominan blockchain produced by the older code. This is why there's the syncing issue, because there are orphans that the new code would consider valid, but because most of the code was on the previous version at the time, the new code autocorrected itself to match the dominant chain created by the former version. Unfortunately, once this autocorrection started taking place, there was no natural fork for the subsequent new clients to take. The current code will only sync to the current chain now, but it will take some time to find the right chain. I plan on checkpointing through this period so that clients in the future will sync much more quickly.

As for the issue with different blockchains, there are still many old versions running on the network, each one updated at a different time and against different clients running different versions of the code. I've checked my nodes and there are still people running 1.0.2 connected to it, eventhough they couldn't possibly presently be on the correct chain. Syncing the blockchain solves the issue with the current client, but may grandfather in something that wont sync with the next client.

I personally haven't had to sync my blockchain on my home PC with the new 1.0.5 client, likely because I sync'd a fresh chain with the 1.0.4 client. But after loading the latest wallet, I did sync with the 1.0.5 wallet anyway, to be sure that the syncing process works properly. It takes about 5 minutes for my pc to sync up.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:57:15 PM

I am also having problems getting the latest wallet to sync.. I have been waiting for like one hour now and it is at around 30% synced.. Last time i just waited it out and i hope this one does too.. But right now time is money :/

I'm in the waiting game too. The part that worries me is I'm not seeing any progress. But I have seen this before. Please post something as soon as your wallet syncs (or doesn't).
welchy8764

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:58:42 PM

I installed this revision 5. I did delete everything and found that I had to restart the application a few times for it to sync. When it stalled on a block I would just restart and it would start processing again. This isn't the only wallet that has that Feature!!!
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:00:11 PM

I am also having problems getting the latest wallet to sync.. I have been waiting for like one hour now and it is at around 30% synced.. Last time i just waited it out and i hope this one does too.. But right now time is money :/

I'm in the waiting game too. The part that worries me is I'm not seeing any progress. But I have seen this before. Please post something as soon as your wallet syncs (or doesn't).
before upgrading, I am renaming the old wallet to eg seedcoin_old and then upgrade.
Just in case I mess up the new wallet, i have the old as backup

O_o
michaelsss

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:02:46 PM

bring me seeds , growing up soon .lol
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:05:52 PM

this coin is turning out to be a worse disaster than Syscoin and I did not even think that was possible

it has more forks that my kitchen drawer.

I was part of the ICO mined early and mined hard and I even ran a pool for it...

I was the 20 largest seed coin holder and now because of this fucked up deployment and botched staking I'm up to a measly whopping 14.53 coins

these guys should refund every single BTC they collected because of their ineptitude...

I WANT MY ICO MONEY BACK!!!!

Uh, excuse me?Huh? You WERE TOLD. Many times. By me. What you were dealing with here and, literally, that "anyone in this fully deserves what's coming to them".

This, by the way, is just the tip in this chronicle of a mess foretold...
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:07:50 PM

I installed this revision 5. I did delete everything and found that I had to restart the application a few times for it to sync. When it stalled on a block I would just restart and it would start processing again. This isn't the only wallet that has that Feature!!!

Thanks for the tip. I did this and now I'm seeing progress Smiley
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

Sooo..if all my amounts are less than 1, and I'm unlocked and staking, then I do NOT need v1.0.5, correct?  Huh

Everyone needs 1.0.5, because eventhough your amounts are less than 1, when someone with more than 1 stakes after the changeover your wallet will refuse to confirm it, and you will be unable to continue on the blockchain.

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 06:19:31 PM

Yes, closing and reopening seems to help. I'm going to dive into that issue just as soon as things settle down. For what it's worth, THAT fix wont require any sort of timed fork, and the update will be completely optional.

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 06:33:39 PM

######BUG 1) There is a small gap between .9 and 1 seed where the problem is not fixed.
###########The size of the gap is about .05 SEED and given the time sensitive nature of this problem
###########I have elected not to take the time to figure out how to fix it without introducing bugs.

I think I understand all of what you wrote in this post except the above. Could you please elaborate? What exactly is meant by a small gap between .9 and 1 seed?

64 bit integers cap out at 9223372036854775807, and daily staking at 269% is calculated to 98185. The gap is actually about 0.05952 = , except that the minimum weight generally adds enough age that the fix in the code is triggered. Basically, if more than .9 seed is staked and less than 1 seed is staked, there's a small chance that you could still land in the code where numbers get multiplied that have results greater than 9223372036854775807, which is the whole bug.

Yes, we're dealing with numbers in excess of 9 quintillion here, and there's no way around it because that's just how coins are written. I'd have to sacrifice the precision I need for fractions of a seed in order to have enough room to calculate many multiples of seed. The range I need to cover in the code is disturbing.

igor107th

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:33:50 PM

stake reward 2 ours ?  Wink
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:35:33 PM

Guys if it makes you feel better, when this is all done, there will be a TINY amount of coins. I will be shocked if this goes over 50k total. The market will adjust to such a small supply, and each coin will be VERY valuble. There, all fixed now.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
igor107th

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:38:33 PM

relaunch the coin and give everybody with this date his coins back and make it work  Wink
otherwise ban the coin from bittrex is the best way sorry
the best way i think
travis72682

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:40:13 PM

relaunch the coin and give everybody with this date his coins back and make it work  Wink
the best way i think

I dont think you can just turn back the clock... people would get their seed back and the guy that paid btc for seed wouldnt get his btc back.

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:41:45 PM

Yes, I put in 2 BTC+ on this.

It's a shame.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:43:29 PM

the best way i think

there are also lots of people who bought on bittrex. will bittrex refund them ? :-)

O_o
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:44:55 PM

Uh, excuse me?Huh? You WERE TOLD. Many times. By me. What you were dealing with here and, literally, that "anyone in this fully deserves what's coming to them".

This, by the way, is just the tip in this chronicle of a mess foretold...

All new coins with innovation have problems early on you troll.

You make perfect clones with no innovation, so you probably never have problems.

Let's see how the dev deals with this crisis.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:45:17 PM

As long as it's not another hardfork at 5am I'll be happy

I'll be happy if the next "fix" doesn't break something else. This is getting ridiculous.

Maybe the next wallet should be reviewed by a third party before it's released. What about the PinkCoin guys that were so vocal at the beginning of this thread. Help your buddy out!
A working wallet was a requirement of the ICO, and they were the escrow. Just sayin Smiley

Could we take a snapshot of the blockchain, that way if the next wallet is botched, we could roll it back and try again?

Somebody is losing precious stake every time the wallet has been changed. Continuing this current trend is unacceptable.

I agree, I've purchased seeds and so far my wallet has been removed by my antivirus as a security threat, weve been tolf the growth period will not be 7 days, had to update the wallet twice and lost precious staking time from a growth period thats not as long as it should be.

not very cool at all

+10

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: