Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:50:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184068 times)
beefie

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:47:42 AM

brought 10 seeds have around 60 now but that's been from the start all staked aged, did the wallets up and down in time etc, but after it telling me i cant stake as my coins are not mature i re installed and now i have a shit load of not accepted mined coins, like pages of them. :[  
Now the wallet will not stake even that its showing  staked coins in the summary?
Cant say i am happy with that, some other guy has what 900+ and he had 10 coins too? So WTF is going on?

Beef

I believe the consensus is DEBACLE

So how many have this problem? and has anyone sorted out why the wallet will not stake after the last update, how are some working fine and other not? How are some other got 900+ coins from 10 and like myself sitting at only 60? I have been watching and doing all i could the whole time, so to me its seems something is very off and updates are causing big problems, but the problem seems to be taking coins from some and over filling up others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:48:20 AM

I don't understand why it says my coins aren't mature. They're mature, I already earned stake coins. Nothing's been moved. At one point I backed up my wallet.dat file, deleted the folder and restored from my backup just to see how it worked. I'm on V.05.

Go to your coin control (enable in settings/display then in the send tab) and look to see how old your coins are. after each stake, the coins need about 24 hours to become mature again and eligible for staking.

So that guy with the 902 coins will not have any more, unless he buys them on bittrex, until 24 hours from now.... at which time he will have, how many?

I hope I am correctly understanding you?
dirtyboots77

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:48:52 AM

I dont even know what to make of this debacle...Ive been on top of every update and somehow I have about 2 seed worth of rejected mining in my tx list and I have yet to get a whole seed mined even though I transferred 2 seed to my wallet in the days leading up to this and they have not moved since.

I get that this is experimental but fighting against something that is ever changing and always flawed is a bit disheartening only to see a balance like the ones who are already 100+ and obviously getting the max interest

Your word "debacle", pretty much sums it up quite correctly...

why do u keep coming back. is Fud the seedcoin thread on your daily schedule just before dinner...

I keep coming back to see which version wallet I need any given hour.  Im all for this taking off, believe me.  But when I have questions like 'do I just have to eat a 2 seed loss in the first day of the growth', Id prefer to hear that there is a way to recover the losses instead of no answer at all.  Fell free to look up my comments in this thread and explain to me how my basic questions as a user are trashing this coin at all

He was referring to Barabbas, not you

Look here...I will jump to irrational conclusions if I want!  Kind of figured the comments were directed elsewhere...pardon the jumping to conclusions, just a bit irritated at the reality of it all.  I will say that in past coins I've seen blow up (mwc is a great example) Im happy to see that the dev is still around
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:51:26 AM

brought 10 seeds have around 60 now but that's been from the start all staked aged, did the wallets up and down in time etc, but after it telling me i cant stake as my coins are not mature i re installed and now i have a shit load of not accepted mined coins, like pages of them. :[  
Now the wallet will not stake even that its showing  staked coins in the summary?
Cant say i am happy with that, some other guy has what 900+ and he had 10 coins too? So WTF is going on?

Beef

This is the problem that I'm having, just less coins involved in my scenario.

Your coins only stake every 24 hours so its 24 hours from the last time it staked.  They guy with 900 got them because of a bug in the code that on the first day because he didn't stake at 1% he got roughly 6 days x 3.69 x 10 coins on the first day to start. That's why he has way more (there is around 5 people that may have similar opportunities, the rest of us staked and lost that advantage not realizing)

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:52:16 AM

Beef

I believe the consensus is DEBACLE

So how many have this problem? and has anyone sorted out why the wallet will not stake after the last update, how are some working fine and other not? How are some other got 900+ coins from 10 and like myself sitting at only 60? I have been watching and doing all i could the whole time, so to me its seems something is very off and updates are causing big problems, but the problem seems to be taking coins from some and over filling up others.

I believe you have every right to be pissed off and anyone else in your situation would be smoking pissed too... I sympathize. Truly.

Now, that aside, what is of quite some significance is to know who this guy is. Could it be the dev? Could he be one of his PINK-friends? He surely is going to control everything in this coin, so I'd say it is imperative to know who he is...
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 05:54:23 AM

I dont even know what to make of this debacle...Ive been on top of every update and somehow I have about 2 seed worth of rejected mining in my tx list and I have yet to get a whole seed mined even though I transferred 2 seed to my wallet in the days leading up to this and they have not moved since.

I get that this is experimental but fighting against something that is ever changing and always flawed is a bit disheartening only to see a balance like the ones who are already 100+ and obviously getting the max interest

Your word "debacle", pretty much sums it up quite correctly...

You still here barbie? Ever heard of the term "Confirmation Bias"?

You know it sonnyboy...

Just watching the DEBACLE unfold...

It is good to see you are still supporting it. Kind of...

Now tell us sonnyboy how this is the coin of the future and that everyone will make bunches (pun intended) of real money just by staking and holding, like you advised all PINK holders to do.

At least there would be some consistency there...

I take it you did not read the wiki link then  Roll Eyes Figured as much!

You seem to be delusional on what I think and what you think I think. Of course I am not going to indulge you in your "questions". Everyone here knows you are not looking for answers Tongue However, I do have some spare time to entertain myself Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Wheezy-

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:55:48 AM

I don't understand why it says my coins aren't mature. They're mature, I already earned stake coins. Nothing's been moved. At one point I backed up my wallet.dat file, deleted the folder and restored from my backup just to see how it worked. I'm on V.05.

Go to your coin control (enable in settings/display then in the send tab) and look to see how old your coins are. after each stake, the coins need about 24 hours to become mature again and eligible for staking.

So that guy with the 902 coins will not have any more, unless he buys them on bittrex, until 24 hours from now.... at which time he will have, how many?

correct, his 902 coins cannot stake again for 24 hours. in 24 hours when he stakes again, he gets 902*2.69 + 902 (which is the same as 902*3.69 which is why I just use 3.69^x in my calculations since it's easier) = 3328 coins

There are currently 6000 coins, that number will continue to climb until this 24h period is over. Once that period is over, you can get a much improved estimate for the total coin supply.

Now here is where you compare him having 3328 coins tomorrow to someone with 60 coins today and say "omg looks he'll control 75% of the coin supply"
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:56:10 AM

Beef

Your coins only stake every 24 hours so its 24 hours from the last time it staked.  They guy with 900 got them because of a bug in the code that on the first day because he didn't stake at 1% he got roughly 6 days x 3.69 x 10 coins on the first day to start. That's why he has way more (there is around 5 people that may have similar opportunities, the rest of us staked and lost that advantage not realizing)

Hummm.... how peculiar... About 5 people, you say?

You know what, I am going to go out and say it out loud so everyone can consider it: I believe that half a dozen guys are the entire dev team of Pink coin and the dev, the ineffable crypto.

I may very well be wrong, but I'm willing to bet a few donuts on that hypothesis... anything to add sonny boy?
Wheezy-

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:00:12 AM

Before Barabbas starts screaming about the bittrex prices again, it's expected that they will continue to drop at an exponential rate. We are in an exponential growth phase so prices will drop conversely.

beefie

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:02:17 AM

So how many have this problem? and has anyone sorted out why the wallet will not stake after the last update, how are some working fine and other not?  I have been watching and doing all i could the whole time, so to me its seems something is very off and updates are causing big problems, but the problem seems to be taking coins from some and over filling up others.
[/quote]

My coins are over 3 days old and have already staked up until today's BS, the wallet will not stake days old coin and all incoming coins are conflicted, meaning no money at all for a day or more.

The problem isnt the coins are mature as they were fine until i open up the wallet after the update timer couint down, before that i had half the coins staking? So they cant be 3 days old and not mature?

Looking down the transaction i would say i have lost around 30+ coins today and whats more annoying is the wallet will not stake, i have delete reinstalled and the works, its getting annoying now.

So 2 day old coins x 10 coins should be a lot more than 52 coins all up now, ggrrrrrrrr
The biggest GGRRR  is now not being about to stake mean yet again i have made nothing and lost a shit load of time and money.

Beef
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:02:51 AM

Beef

You know what, I am going to go out and say it out loud so everyone can consider it: I believe that half a dozen guys are the entire dev team of Pink coin and the dev, the ineffable crypto.

I may very well be wrong, but I'm willing to bet a few donuts on that hypothesis... anything to add sonny boy?

But of course... You believe you say? I like them donuts with chocolate on top barbie

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
BEECoinfan

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:03:16 AM

Beef

I don't believe it as I'm pretty sure Fayoling was staking along with everybody else.  Just 5 people (Based of the times on the richlist before we started) who understood POS and the flaw.  

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:09:01 AM

correct, his 902 coins cannot stake again for 24 hours. in 24 hours when he stakes again, he gets 902*2.69 + 902 (which is the same as 902*3.69 which is why I just use 3.69^x in my calculations since it's easier) = 3328 coins

There are currently 6000 coins, that number will continue to climb until this 24h period is over. Once that period is over, you can get a much improved estimate for the total coin supply.

Now here is where you compare him having 3328 coins tomorrow to someone with 60 coins today and say "omg looks he'll control 75% of the coin supply"

Not exactly: At the time I posted my comment, his 902 coins were almost exactly 1.6 of the total coins in existence. Apparently more coins are being staked while the 24-hour period "freezes" temporarily his accounting of new staked coins and may seem smaller... I can assure you by the time he gets his total up to 3328 coins tomorrow, he will own MORE than 1/6 of the total coins. And those increments will continue for the duration of the Growth Period.

It is quite easy, by the way, to calculate right now a minimum of coins he will end up with when Growth is over, even considering that there may be left 5 days or 4 more days. By extension, it will be quite easy to have a valid approximation of what the total amount of coins will be. In 5 more days he will have roughly 2,280,000 coins. It it is only 4 more days, the amount will be just over 600,000 coins. I am estimating 5 days and close to 10 million coins total of which he will have 25%. The other 4 guys will probably have more than that altogether so the group will control substantially more than half the total.
BEECoinfan

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:09:44 AM

So how many have this problem? and has anyone sorted out why the wallet will not stake after the last update, how are some working fine and other not?  I have been watching and doing all i could the whole time, so to me its seems something is very off and updates are causing big problems, but the problem seems to be taking coins from some and over filling up others.

My coins are over 3 days old and have already staked up until today's BS, the wallet will not stake days old coin and all incoming coins are conflicted, meaning no money at all for a day or more.

The problem isnt the coins are mature as they were fine until i open up the wallet after the update timer couint down, before that i had half the coins staking? So they cant be 3 days old and not mature?

Looking down the transaction i would say i have lost around 30+ coins today and whats more annoying is the wallet will not stake, i have delete reinstalled and the works, its getting annoying now.

So 2 day old coins x 10 coins should be a lot more than 52 coins all up now, ggrrrrrrrr
The biggest GGRRR  is now not being about to stake mean yet again i have made nothing and lost a shit load of time and money.

Beef

What are your stake sizes, anything under 1 takes may take longer then 24 hours, Also you do realize that once it stakes it takes another 24 hours to remature.  So if you staked 14 hours ago even though the updated timer fix is up doesn't necessarily mean your 24 hours is up. My wallets been working fine although I have stayed on top of all updates.  Have you made sure your wallet is unlocked (I know basic but could explain why they haven't staked)  and your on the right chain v 1.0.5.0?  (Just trying to help figure out what could be wrong!)

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:11:06 AM

Beef

I don't believe it as I'm pretty sure Fayoling was staking along with everybody else.  Just 5 people (Based of the times on the richlist before we started) who understood POS and the flaw.  

Well, if you go back to the first pages of this thread, you can read what Fayoling and the other PINK devs posted...

Draw your conclusions from their own words. That's why mine  are what they are.
Wheezy-

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:13:13 AM

Beef

I'm trying to understand. My wallet sync'd without issue after the update and my coins staked without issue.

Coin age is based on when you last had those coins stake, or when they first entered your wallet if they haven't staked yet. Coin age resets to 0 each time that coin stakes.

That's why you can use coin control to see exactly how old all your coins are and know which are approaching 24 hrs and will be ready to stake.

When you say your coins are 3 days old, is that 3 days since they entered your wallet or 3 days since their last stake? if you had been staking up until the wallet update, any coins that recently staked will be immature for 24 hours. If all your coins are immature, then you won't stake until they mature.

The way the staking algorithm works, is that your coin age is multiplied by the stake %. The minimum is 24 hours, but if your coins are 36 hours, then you get 1.5*coins*stake percent.

The current large staking numbers are inflated more than they would be because they were multiplied by 1.5. It also means that everyone who just staked may not stake their last round on day 7. that means the current person with 902 may miss out on the last day and end up with 902*3.69^4=167,229 coins.
beefie

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:13:37 AM

Beef

What are your stake sizes, anything under 1 takes may take longer then 24 hours, Also you do realize that once it stakes it takes another 24 hours to remature.  So if you staked 14 hours ago even though the updated timer fix is up doesn't necessarily mean your 24 hours is up. My wallets been working fine although I have stayed on top of all updates.  Have you made sure your wallet is unlocked (I know basic but could explain why they haven't staked)  and your on the right chain v 1.0.5.0?  (Just trying to help figure out what could be wrong!)

Cheers for trying to help, coins brought over 2 days at different times from 0.02 but most were 1 coin at a time, wallet unlocked, been on top of all the wallet changes and resets, and doing another reinstall, think i might go out and not worry about it and hope it just works again.
Thanks again for trying to help.
Beef
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:17:26 AM

Beef

I'm trying to understand. My wallet sync'd without issue after the update and my coins staked without issue.

Coin age is based on when you last had those coins stake, or when they first entered your wallet if they haven't staked yet. Coin age resets to 0 each time that coin stakes.

That's why you can use coin control to see exactly how old all your coins are and know which are approaching 24 hrs and will be ready to stake.

When you say your coins are 3 days old, is that 3 days since they entered your wallet or 3 days since their last stake? if you had been staking up until the wallet update, any coins that recently staked will be immature for 24 hours. If all your coins are immature, then you won't stake until they mature.

The way the staking algorithm works, is that your coin age is multiplied by the stake %. The minimum is 24 hours, but if your coins are 36 hours, then you get 1.5*coins*stake percent.

The current large staking numbers are inflated more than they would be because they were multiplied by 1.5. It also means that everyone who just staked may not stake their last round on day 7. that means the current person with 902 may miss out on the last day and end up with 902*3.69^4=167,229 coins.

That could be but I doubt it. That would be quite arbitrary and I see no logical way to explain it. And he will be the ONLY one missing one day, not the rest? How about the other 4-5 guys in similar circumstances -but lower numbers-?
BEECoinfan

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:20:54 AM

Beef

Cheers for trying to help, coins brought over 2 days at different times from 0.02 but most were 1 coin at a time, wallet unlocked, been on top of all the wallet changes and resets, and doing another reinstall, think i might go out and not worry about it and hope it just works again.
Beef

No worries, Not really sure as mine staked alright (Although I am still waiting on a few to stake so hopefully time fixes the problem!)

beefie

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:21:42 AM

Beef

Beef

Ok Wallet is staking again, after 3 reinstalls, but this makes me cry since i was on the ball with the wallet changes and the right block to be on, i have pages showing me all the coins i should have got but didnt, this is about 1/3 of the page in the pic, total piss off seeing what i should have but dont
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/08/c9/d4/08c9d40939dec276f69c8db6559652b6.jpg
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: