Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:38:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184068 times)
popcorn75

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

Here is some logic for you guys to ponder....

what is the difference between a seven day mining period and what we are doing here? Not much except it is not costing electric/rental to mine.

I ask everyone to think with some logic here. The 269% growth period has nothing to do with the success or failure of this coin. We rely on a solid development plan. I contacted the dev hours ago and he made me feel pretty confident about the future of this coin.

And remember this coin is very very young.

When u guys got some time go check out darkblackcockcoin, they are staking 3000%. No I am not saying go buy. I don't think 269% for seven days is that bad, want hyper like 750% I remember the same crap being said before people realized the profit involved...

+1

+1

+1

LOL I love it, you guys keep on showing support, plus it bumps the thread. I am off fire some zzzzzzz's

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ButcherBill

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:31:35 PM

Approximately 60 blocks per hour!
Now #12400, growth stage until 20100: 7700 blocks more / 60 bph / 24 hours a day = 5.35 or little more than 5 days of stake.

As more people stake, the blocks go faster? I've heard of blocks taking time, etc. being mentioned in other threads. Is that when no one stakes? Can any tech guru clarify?  Cheesy
Oldsonofabit

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

My coins are over 3 days old and have already staked up until today's BS, the wallet will not stake days old coin and all incoming coins are conflicted, meaning no money at all for a day or more.

The problem isnt the coins are mature as they were fine until i open up the wallet after the update timer couint down, before that i had half the coins staking? So they cant be 3 days old and not mature?

Looking down the transaction i would say i have lost around 30+ coins today and whats more annoying is the wallet will not stake, i have delete reinstalled and the works, its getting annoying now.

So 2 day old coins x 10 coins should be a lot more than 52 coins all up now, ggrrrrrrrr
The biggest GGRRR  is now not being about to stake mean yet again i have made nothing and lost a shit load of time and money.

Beef

I'm trying to understand. My wallet sync'd without issue after the update and my coins staked without issue.

Coin age is based on when you last had those coins stake, or when they first entered your wallet if they haven't staked yet. Coin age resets to 0 each time that coin stakes.

That's why you can use coin control to see exactly how old all your coins are and know which are approaching 24 hrs and will be ready to stake.

When you say your coins are 3 days old, is that 3 days since they entered your wallet or 3 days since their last stake? if you had been staking up until the wallet update, any coins that recently staked will be immature for 24 hours. If all your coins are immature, then you won't stake until they mature.

The way the staking algorithm works, is that your coin age is multiplied by the stake %. The minimum is 24 hours, but if your coins are 36 hours, then you get 1.5*coins*stake percent.

The current large staking numbers are inflated more than they would be because they were multiplied by 1.5. It also means that everyone who just staked may not stake their last round on day 7. that means the current person with 902 may miss out on the last day and end up with 902*3.69^4=167,229 coins.

OK, that makes sense BUT I don't think the math is right on my staking. I had a total of 3 deposit from the mining pool at the end of PoW. The first one was 2.69 SEEDS. 25 hours later I got 2.51 SEEDS added to my wallet with the "mined" label. Should that have been a higher number? As it was, it was less than 1x.  The other two deposits that came shortly after were staked and the deposits were about 3.5x the amount which seems more on track with the anticipated stake rewards.

After more reading, understanding and calculating it appears that everything is in order. I am still confused by the first stake deposit percentage but otherwise I'm on the right fork, synced, and I see why my coin maturation age lost 7 hours.  I think this is a neat looking coin and I look forward to increasing my holdings. Thanks to the dev for being diligent with the updates and thanks to certain community members for patiently clearing up misunderstandings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would also like to point something out to the people whose posts are purely negative. Please wait before you get defensive and hear me out. Yes, you may be having problems, yes you may have constructed some theories about untoward activity by coin devs and friends, and yes the coin may not be shooting to the moon like you want.  DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR VERY OWN WORDS ARE HURTING THIS COIN AND ANY COIN THAT YOU POST YOUR PURELY NEGATIVE COMMENTARY ON?

To explain what I mean, in the crypto community one of the key things that people do is come to the ANN thread to see what is going on with a coin. Imagine how it looks to an interested buyer to come and see a bunch of terrible comments filled with insults and cursing? If you went to buy a new car and walked into the showroom and people were standing in there SCREAMING about the criminal activity of the employees and poor performance of the vehicles, do you think you'd stick around? No you'd run as fast as you can.  I'm not suggesting you don't bring concerns to light but there are mature and civil ways of doing such things.  ESPECIALLY IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE VALUE OF YOUR COINS. Do you understand that? You say you are worried about the value of your coins. Don't go into the showroom and start screaming profanity if you want your coin to recover.

I hope you understand. I haven't ignored any of you yet but I'm embarrassed for you and your behavior on these forums. You are hurting crypto.
opus.224

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:03:56 PM

Question for dev:
Will Max age stay on 7 days after growth period?

Wheezy-

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:09:20 PM

My coins are over 3 days old and have already staked up until today's BS, the wallet will not stake days old coin and all incoming coins are conflicted, meaning no money at all for a day or more.

The problem isnt the coins are mature as they were fine until i open up the wallet after the update timer couint down, before that i had half the coins staking? So they cant be 3 days old and not mature?

Looking down the transaction i would say i have lost around 30+ coins today and whats more annoying is the wallet will not stake, i have delete reinstalled and the works, its getting annoying now.

So 2 day old coins x 10 coins should be a lot more than 52 coins all up now, ggrrrrrrrr
The biggest GGRRR  is now not being about to stake mean yet again i have made nothing and lost a shit load of time and money.

Beef

I'm trying to understand. My wallet sync'd without issue after the update and my coins staked without issue.

Coin age is based on when you last had those coins stake, or when they first entered your wallet if they haven't staked yet. Coin age resets to 0 each time that coin stakes.

That's why you can use coin control to see exactly how old all your coins are and know which are approaching 24 hrs and will be ready to stake.

When you say your coins are 3 days old, is that 3 days since they entered your wallet or 3 days since their last stake? if you had been staking up until the wallet update, any coins that recently staked will be immature for 24 hours. If all your coins are immature, then you won't stake until they mature.

The way the staking algorithm works, is that your coin age is multiplied by the stake %. The minimum is 24 hours, but if your coins are 36 hours, then you get 1.5*coins*stake percent.

The current large staking numbers are inflated more than they would be because they were multiplied by 1.5. It also means that everyone who just staked may not stake their last round on day 7. that means the current person with 902 may miss out on the last day and end up with 902*3.69^4=167,229 coins.

OK, that makes sense BUT I don't think the math is right on my staking. I had a total of 3 deposit from the mining pool at the end of PoW. The first one was 2.69 SEEDS. 25 hours later I got 2.51 SEEDS added to my wallet with the "mined" label. Should that have been a higher number? As it was, it was less than 1x.  The other two deposits that came shortly after were staked and the deposits were about 3.5x the amount which seems more on track with the anticipated stake rewards.

After more reading, understanding and calculating it appears that everything is in order. I am still confused by the first stake deposit percentage but otherwise I'm on the right fork, synced, and I see why my coin maturation age lost 7 hours.  I think this is a neat looking coin and I look forward to increasing my holdings. Thanks to the dev for being diligent with the updates and thanks to certain community members for patiently clearing up misunderstandings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would also like to point something out to the people whose posts are purely negative. Please wait before you get defensive and hear me out. Yes, you may be having problems, yes you may have constructed some theories about untoward activity by coin devs and friends, and yes the coin may not be shooting to the moon like you want.  DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR VERY OWN WORDS ARE HURTING THIS COIN AND ANY COIN THAT YOU POST YOUR PURELY NEGATIVE COMMENTARY ON?

To explain what I mean, in the crypto community one of the key things that people do is come to the ANN thread to see what is going on with a coin. Imagine how it looks to an interested buyer to come and see a bunch of terrible comments filled with insults and cursing? If you went to buy a new car and walked into the showroom and people were standing in there SCREAMING about the criminal activity of the employees and poor performance of the vehicles, do you think you'd stick around? No you'd run as fast as you can.  I'm not suggesting you don't bring concerns to light but there are mature and civil ways of doing such things.  ESPECIALLY IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE VALUE OF YOUR COINS. Do you understand that? You say you are worried about the value of your coins. Don't go into the showroom and start screaming profanity if you want your coin to recover.

I hope you understand. I haven't ignored any of you yet but I'm embarrassed for you and your behavior on these forums. You are hurting crypto.

While true, there are those that spread fear, uncertainty and doubt for their own benefit of buying cheap coins, or just because they think it's funny, or somehow need it to feel a sense of power and self worth.

No matter of reasoning or common sense will change that, even if you've flat out caught them in lies, then they just move onto the next lie, next coin, next nickname, etc.
Wheezy-

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:12:04 PM

I don't understand why it says my coins aren't mature. They're mature, I already earned stake coins. Nothing's been moved. At one point I backed up my wallet.dat file, deleted the folder and restored from my backup just to see how it worked. I'm on V.05.

Go to your coin control (enable in settings/display then in the send tab) and look to see how old your coins are. after each stake, the coins need about 24 hours to become mature again and eligible for staking.

So that guy with the 902 coins will not have any more, unless he buys them on bittrex, until 24 hours from now.... at which time he will have, how many?

I hope I am correctly understanding you?

correct, his 902 coins cannot stake again for 24 hours. in 24 hours when he stakes again, he gets 902*2.69 + 902 (which is the same as 902*3.69 which is why I just use 3.69^x in my calculations since it's easier) = 3328 coins

There are currently 6000 coins, that number will continue to climb until this 24h period is over. Once that period is over, you can get a much improved estimate for the total coin supply.

Now here is where you compare him having 3328 coins tomorrow to someone with 60 coins today and say "omg looks he'll control 75% of the coin supply"

Not exactly: At the time I posted my comment, his 902 coins were almost exactly 1.6 of the total coins in existence. Apparently more coins are being staked while the 24-hour period "freezes" temporarily his accounting of new staked coins and may seem smaller... I can assure you by the time he gets his total up to 3328 coins tomorrow, he will own MORE than 1/6 of the total coins. And those increments will continue for the duration of the Growth Period.

It is quite easy, by the way, to calculate right now a minimum of coins he will end up with when Growth is over, even considering that there may be left 5 days or 4 more days. By extension, it will be quite easy to have a valid approximation of what the total amount of coins will be. In 5 more days he will have roughly 2,280,000 coins. It it is only 4 more days, the amount will be just over 600,000 coins. I am estimating 5 days and close to 10 million coins total of which he will have 25%. The other 4 guys will probably have more than that altogether so the group will control substantially more than half the total.

2.2 million would be if he staked 6 more times, not 5. 617,000 is how many he would have in 5 more days, not 4.

Again, making up numbers to scare people

Where is the "making up"? I stated clearly that if he stakes 5 more days he would get 617,000. Very clearly and specifically. If he stakes 6 more days, it would be 2.28 million. Again, very clearly and specifically. Reason for contemplating a 6th day? Every time the dev has made an estimation of total coin at the end of Growth, has been around 8 to 10 million. If that's the number, this guy will have, in my estimation, 2.28 million coins. It doesn't matter anyway because, whatever he gets, will be in a similar %, i.e.- 25% of the total coins.

I NEVER, EVER, either lie or make up numbers. Never had. Never will. So your "again" is very poor and obvious wishful thinking.

Just one example, and played it off like he was right all along.
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

is that like see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?

full transparency is what's best for the coin - are you from China - do you work for the Central Gov't - suppress anything bad by throwing up the 'it's bad' defense?

an open and frank debate is what's best for crypto mining, not suppressing opinions...which is a conspiracy of silence.

each argument will succeed or fail based on it's own merits, but to suppress the argument to begin with is Stalin-like.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:01:56 PM

LOL
5 hours ago, there was one person using the very first wallet.
Now . . . they became TWO ! ! !

O_o
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

here:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/#!rich

even though a lot more coins are now in existence - market cap has actually dropped ... https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/#!rich

it's now about $23k and was about 25k a few days ago.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
igor107th

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:24:07 PM

it works now strange 1 our ago disable wallet now i get 35 seed reward lol oke better Smiley
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:29:42 PM

here:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/#!rich

even though a lot more coins are now in existence - market cap has actually dropped ... https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/#!rich

it's now about $23k and was about 25k a few days ago.

that' s because the value of each coin decreases.
dev in OP said he will put a buy wall at 0.0000025

O_o
Oldsonofabit

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:46:22 PM

full transparency is what's best for the coin - are you from China - do you work for the Central Gov't - suppress anything bad by throwing up the 'it's bad' defense?

an open and frank debate is what's best for crypto mining, not suppressing opinions...which is a conspiracy of silence.

each argument will succeed or fail based on it's own merits, but to suppress the argument to begin with is Stalin-like.

^^^This guy^^^

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Please, continue to take things out of context and ignore the message in my commentary.

No one is suppressing your opinion. I was simply suggesting you try to communicate your thoughts like an adult who is not wearing a tinfoil hat.
BeerPimp

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:46:52 PM

LOL

I was trying to remember what console command shows the number of people using the different wallets?
BeerPimp

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:50:12 PM

^^^This guy^^^

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Please, continue to take things out of context and ignore the message in my commentary.

No one is suppressing your opinion. I was simply suggesting you try to communicate your thoughts like an adult who is not wearing a tinfoil hat.

“Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

― Robert A. Heinlein
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:53:42 PM

Accusing a pool operator of spreading FUD about a coin he invested into and mined is his pool, is asinine.

Lifeforce is a very strong pool, and the pool op is very focused on making himself and the pool users profit from mining.  And he has been helpful with users that had wallet issues with seed, etc. (he's helpful to all pool users that have issues)

The point is, that seed has been a total mess since the staking began.  Some have exceptional responses, others have very poor, doing the exact same thing.  

Someone complaining about doing something properly and getting poor results, when someone else does the exact same thing and gets better results, isn't FUD, it's a legitimate gripe about flaws in the code that shouldn't exist.
Oldsonofabit

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:01:53 PM

Accusing a pool operator of spreading FUD about a coin he invested into and mined is his pool, is asinine.

Lifeforce is a very strong pool, and the pool op is very focused on making himself and the pool users profit from mining.  And he has been helpful with users that had wallet issues with seed, etc. (he's helpful to all pool users that have issues)

The point is, that seed has been a total mess since the staking began.  Some have exceptional responses, others have very poor, doing the exact same thing.  

Someone complaining about doing something properly and getting poor results, when someone else does the exact same thing and gets better results, isn't FUD, it's a legitimate gripe about flaws in the code that shouldn't exist.

If you're responding to my comments then you are still missing the point. My comments were not accusatory, I was merely doing what you are so vehemently advocating and that is pointing out a flaw. There is a flaw in the way some people are reporting problems and handling their concerns. If two people are at the counter at the airport both with a problem with their ticket, one is being courteous and composed while the other is cursing and throwing things like an infant, who do you think will be helped first?
BeerPimp

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:03:25 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 06:14:00 PM by BeerPimp

This is the very same pool operator that did not take a query seriously early on in the mining phase trying to confirm that the coin had not forked.  Because we know that never happens.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=795954.msg9091144#msg9091144
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:11:00 PM

I don't understand why it says my coins aren't mature. They're mature, I already earned stake coins. Nothing's been moved. At one point I backed up my wallet.dat file, deleted the folder and restored from my backup just to see how it worked. I'm on V.05.

Go to your coin control (enable in settings/display then in the send tab) and look to see how old your coins are. after each stake, the coins need about 24 hours to become mature again and eligible for staking.

So that guy with the 902 coins will not have any more, unless he buys them on bittrex, until 24 hours from now.... at which time he will have, how many?

I hope I am correctly understanding you?

correct, his 902 coins cannot stake again for 24 hours. in 24 hours when he stakes again, he gets 902*2.69 + 902 (which is the same as 902*3.69 which is why I just use 3.69^x in my calculations since it's easier) = 3328 coins

There are currently 6000 coins, that number will continue to climb until this 24h period is over. Once that period is over, you can get a much improved estimate for the total coin supply.

Now here is where you compare him having 3328 coins tomorrow to someone with 60 coins today and say "omg looks he'll control 75% of the coin supply"

Not exactly: At the time I posted my comment, his 902 coins were almost exactly 1.6 of the total coins in existence. Apparently more coins are being staked while the 24-hour period "freezes" temporarily his accounting of new staked coins and may seem smaller... I can assure you by the time he gets his total up to 3328 coins tomorrow, he will own MORE than 1/6 of the total coins. And those increments will continue for the duration of the Growth Period.

It is quite easy, by the way, to calculate right now a minimum of coins he will end up with when Growth is over, even considering that there may be left 5 days or 4 more days. By extension, it will be quite easy to have a valid approximation of what the total amount of coins will be. In 5 more days he will have roughly 2,280,000 coins. It it is only 4 more days, the amount will be just over 600,000 coins. I am estimating 5 days and close to 10 million coins total of which he will have 25%. The other 4 guys will probably have more than that altogether so the group will control substantially more than half the total.

2.2 million would be if he staked 6 more times, not 5. 617,000 is how many he would have in 5 more days, not 4.

Again, making up numbers to scare people

Where is the "making up"? I stated clearly that if he stakes 5 more days he would get 617,000. Very clearly and specifically. If he stakes 6 more days, it would be 2.28 million. Again, very clearly and specifically. Reason for contemplating a 6th day? Every time the dev has made an estimation of total coin at the end of Growth, has been around 8 to 10 million. If that's the number, this guy will have, in my estimation, 2.28 million coins. It doesn't matter anyway because, whatever he gets, will be in a similar %, i.e.- 25% of the total coins.

I NEVER, EVER, either lie or make up numbers. Never had. Never will. So your "again" is very poor and obvious wishful thinking.

Just one example, and played it off like he was right all along.

Hey, jack ass, not only there wasn't a single word or NUMBER not correct there, but STILL the proper number (if it is true that there are 5 more days of growth) is 2.28 million.

Never, ever, ever, a lie. EVER.

Fucking idiot.
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

This is the very same pool operator that did not take a query seriously early on in the mining phase trying to confirm that the coin had not forked.  Because we know that never happens.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=795954.msg9091144#msg9091144

Not taking a query seriously, and blowing off a query meant to misdirect the conversation from the point that you are trying to make, are 2 completely different things. 

I did not see his point addressed, merely a comment focused on a typo.
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

LOL

I was trying to remember what console command shows the number of people using the different wallets?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/#!network

copy/paste the whole, including !network

O_o
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: