Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184070 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:26:00 PM

Sorry to report the my influence in pumping, while effective, was quite ephimeral.

Congrats Wiser for you orders will indeed be filled real soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:27:30 PM

Can we please keep this on topic of the coin. Barabbas I ask for a truce. Everyone else I ask that you openly debate but don't argue. If we keep down this road it wont be positive for anyone.

it's already negative and you don't seem to get it!

meanwhile, dev cashed out ICO btc and he is drinking with his friends.
bitkokos, possibly same person as barabas, here to bring the fud? lol this is a great coin, the proof is in the pudding!

hold on to your seed, don't undersell, or you'll be sorry later.

yesterday I was telling people to ignore him. Do you believe I am the same person as him? LOL

Sell your seeds, you will buy them later for MUCH less

Did you see the guy who mined with 3.5TH/s the first day and made 25 seeds?
he sold them for 0.3BTC, made 7,5 BTC. THAT was the only person who made profit out of this coin.
He can now buy his 25 coins with 0.15 btc

Lol. That was me, and i staked those coinsl Nice try!
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:27:50 PM

Sorry to report the my influence in pumping, while effective, was quite ephimeral.

Congrats Wiser for you orders will indeed be filled real soon.

he needed dumping, not pumping.
you are a catastrophy

O_o
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:28:36 PM

Can we please keep this on topic of the coin. Barabbas I ask for a truce. Everyone else I ask that you openly debate but don't argue. If we keep down this road it wont be positive for anyone.

bitkokos, possibly same person as barabas, here to bring the fud? lol this is a great coin, the proof is in the pudding!

yesterday I was telling people to ignore him. Do you believe I am the same person as him? LOL

he sold them for 0.3BTC, made 7,5 BTC. THAT was the only person who made profit out of this coin.

then, you are claiming you are officially dumb

O_o
popcorn75

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:31:15 PM

I have looked over Bitkokos and Barabbas posts, join date, and profile. Seems this is the same person or two friends. either way they travel in a pack

klopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:31:55 PM

I got good weight on my first stake, and I am way up on pofits.

I am here because i invested in the coin. My time = money.
You and barrabbas are here to fud the coin. Your time = wasted time.
Who is dumb?
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:32:18 PM

I have looked over Bitkokos and Barabbas posts, join date, and profile. Seems this is the same person or two friends. either way they travel in a pack

and I thought you couldn't be any dumber than that

O_o
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:33:26 PM

I got good weight on my first stake, and I am way up on pofits.

I am here because i invested in the coin. My time = money.
You and barrabbas are here to fud the coin. Your time = wasted time.
Who is dumb?
if you staked 25 coins, you probably have 900  by now.
900 x 0.003 is 2.7 btc
LOL

O_o
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:34:31 PM

Hello. I'm sorry I've been away. I had a 'family intervention' and eventually got whisked away with family because I was in such a bad state. I'm sorry that one of the downsides of this project is that I'm the only one working on it right now. I need to step out for an hour or two in a minute here, but I've spent the last hour and a half or so answering PM's. Things seem to be running well now, but I am terribly sorry that people lost coins in the 1.0.4 fork yesterday around noon.

The problem was caused because the exact same numbers were multiplied together in the exact same way but in different locations of code and produced a different result. This kind of thing can happen when you're dealing with the maximum limits that computers can deal with because compilers (the programs that turn code into new programs) like to try to fix these sort of problems for you. In 1.0.4, the GCC compiler didn't fix the problem for me, and that's fine, I can deal with the 64 bit integer boundaries myself. But when I multiplied the same numbers together in a different place it DID fix the problem to a very small degree. Half the bugs I mentioned before just don't exist anymore (You could stake 100m coins and it'd be fine, and there is no .9-1 coin bug, all courtesy of the magic of compilers.)

The reason for all the problems boils down to lack of time to test. I've given myself no time. The fix yesterday took 6 hours from discovery to release, and that's disgustingly fast. The 1.0.4 release was produced in about 4 hours. Both faced limited testing, and 1.0.4 was actually a smooth transition, there was no forking issues on it, but my 1.0.3 test code got out to servers.

I can do this, and I can code well, but coding perfect code this fast is practically impossible. I did test all the code, but I couldn't test it 100% thoroughly against the current network because the difficulty is just so high. Testing takes days at least, and proper testing could take weeks or months, and clearly we didn't have that.

I'm sorry for the troubles that everyone has had. There shouldn't be anymore serious issues throughout growth, and anything that gets fixed in the future will be thoroughly tested over a reasonable period of time, and go through the proper alpha/beta/release candidate stages before final release.

I'm here to stay, and I will continue to work on SEED. I know this is a stain, and I plan to do everything I can to bring SEED up to rise above it.  Honestly, even if the coin 'dies' in the market, I'll still work on it. It's taught me a lot of things about the way proof-of-work and proof-of-stake work together and about the limitations of the proof-of-stake as implemented in other coins. There's a lot of things I have been dying to bring to Crypto, but I have dreaded the pressure and expectations that get put on Dev's that get paid little or nothing for their work.

GoldMin.es

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:35:44 PM

if i spent 3 days mining, and sold 1 seed for .1btc, is that not a profit? 
popcorn75

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:37:17 PM

Go Seed!!!! Shocked

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:38:53 PM

Go Seed!!!! Shocked

oh, inspector gadget!!!

O_o
sly5am

Activity: 582

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:49:10 PM

Hello. I'm sorry I've been away. I had a 'family intervention' and eventually got whisked away with family because I was in such a bad state. I'm sorry that one of the downsides of this project is that I'm the only one working on it right now. I need to step out for an hour or two in a minute here, but I've spent the last hour and a half or so answering PM's. Things seem to be running well now, but I am terribly sorry that people lost coins in the 1.0.4 fork yesterday around noon.

The problem was caused because the exact same numbers were multiplied together in the exact same way but in different locations of code and produced a different result. This kind of thing can happen when you're dealing with the maximum limits that computers can deal with because compilers (the programs that turn code into new programs) like to try to fix these sort of problems for you. In 1.0.4, the GCC compiler didn't fix the problem for me, and that's fine, I can deal with the 64 bit integer boundaries myself. But when I multiplied the same numbers together in a different place it DID fix the problem to a very small degree. Half the bugs I mentioned before just don't exist anymore (You could stake 100m coins and it'd be fine, and there is no .9-1 coin bug, all courtesy of the magic of compilers.)

The reason for all the problems boils down to lack of time to test. I've given myself no time. The fix yesterday took 6 hours from discovery to release, and that's disgustingly fast. The 1.0.4 release was produced in about 4 hours. Both faced limited testing, and 1.0.4 was actually a smooth transition, there was no forking issues on it, but my 1.0.3 test code got out to servers.

I can do this, and I can code well, but coding perfect code this fast is practically impossible. I did test all the code, but I couldn't test it 100% thoroughly against the current network because the difficulty is just so high. Testing takes days at least, and proper testing could take weeks or months, and clearly we didn't have that.

I'm sorry for the troubles that everyone has had. There shouldn't be anymore serious issues throughout growth, and anything that gets fixed in the future will be thoroughly tested over a reasonable period of time, and go through the proper alpha/beta/release candidate stages before final release.

I'm here to stay, and I will continue to work on SEED. I know this is a stain, and I plan to do everything I can to bring SEED up to rise above it.  Honestly, even if the coin 'dies' in the market, I'll still work on it. It's taught me a lot of things about the way proof-of-work and proof-of-stake work together and about the limitations of the proof-of-stake as implemented in other coins. There's a lot of things I have been dying to bring to Crypto, but I have dreaded the pressure and expectations that get put on Dev's that get paid little or nothing for their work.

Don't sweat it dude.. Explorers sometimes take the wrong turn while exploring the frontier. Its about all the successes and failures that will lead us all to the final product. Not today, maybe not next week, but it will be accomplished given people who give all their time to development. Some lose in the process and some win. Its the greedy ones that cause the problems.

kuperis

Activity: 357

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:51:51 PM

if coins mined by PoS +269%, then no chances to get grow until that hyperPOS ends... till then -50-70daily and who staking they still be in profit.. im removing myh buy walls and waiting somewhere in 0.000x BTC
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:00:48 PM

if coins mined by PoS +269%, then no chances to get grow until that hyperPOS ends... till then -50-70daily and who staking they still be in profit.. im removing myh buy walls and waiting somewhere in 0.000x BTC
There ARE chances for 3-4 more days. You don't have to start staking from day 1

O_o
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:09:22 PM

I'm here to stay, and I will continue to work on SEED. I know this is a stain, and I plan to do everything I can to bring SEED up to rise above it.  Honestly, even if the coin 'dies' in the market, I'll still work on it. It's taught me a lot of things about the way proof-of-work and proof-of-stake work together and about the limitations of the proof-of-stake as implemented in other coins. There's a lot of things I have been dying to bring to Crypto, but I have dreaded the pressure and expectations that get put on Dev's that get paid little or nothing for their work.

See?

This is a Dev I can get behind and fight tooth and nail for.

You don't come across many people with this amount of drive and passion for their product. It's people like this that get shit done.

Don't sweat it dude - I'll still be fighting your corner. It's just shit that some people expect so much in a very little space of time. It takes time to make a project work! Rome wasn't built in a day, the Universe wasn't created in 7 and so on Smiley

Chillax people, I expect great things from this coin Smiley
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:14:53 PM

See?

You don't come across many people with this amount of drive and passion for their product. It's people like this that get shit done.

Don't sweat it dude - I'll still be fighting your corner. It's just shit that some people expect so much in a very little space of time. It takes time to make a project work! Rome wasn't built in a day, the Universe wasn't created in 7 and so on Smiley

Can you name a few?

O_o
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:16:53 PM

See?

+1

... except for one thing. How am I supposed to get my low ball buy order filled when the dev keeps showing up and actually cares about the coin's future? Wink
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:21:44 PM

See?

+1

... except for one thing. How am I supposed to get my low ball buy order filled when the dev keeps showing up and actually cares about the coin's future? Wink

your order will be filled in 12 hours Wink

O_o
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:25:01 PM

See?

+1

lol - I know! Pesky dev. Family crisis and all, yet still wades through the muck to give us a wee message.

Good luck with those low ball buy orders Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: