Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184070 times)
popcorn75

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:15:14 AM

I am staking just fine. I started with 1 seed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
misocialnetwork

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:15:26 AM

It's grey currently, as those coins have staked now. But yesterday I had some that were literally almost 38 hours old before they staked. I'm waiting on some coins to stake in about 1.5 hours. They start staking right on schedule. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

If it's not a lot of coins, the network weight is so high it will take a long time. As long as the green arrow comes on on schedule, that's important thing. How long it takes after that is anyones guess. Staking after the fourth day has always been difficult for everyone. There's just so much weight on the network, and so few blocks to be had in a single day. It's just impossible for everyone to stake. Even the larger holders struggle, and by the end, it's anyone's guess.

There are strategies to work around this, but none that come without significant risk.
yeah you do not say i have had mine staking for 15 hours plus and the network says 2 hours for the last 15 hours is whack totally if you ever make another coin think about making more staking blocks so everyone can stake right instead of not

That's like asking bitcoin to change so that people with 1ghash can compete with people that have 1000 ghash. The number of coins you have is your hashrate. The fewer you have, the longer it takes, that's just how the POS system works.
so pretty much it was set up so your Dev have the most hashrate so no one can never get no coins not very fair all i know i will never invest in another coin like this ever again i lost $100.00 USD so yeah not kool still and also do not send a spreadsheet claiming people with one coin would end up with 9,323 coins after 7 days of staking when you should knew that was not true one bit and you better hope the price of your seedcoin goes up and people profit from it or you will have alot mad people on your hands
This graph below you sent me 3 days ago was not true for 1 coin and was maybe true for having 500 coins or more
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1_BKfRxuOeAzvhzmldG1P0d0bxZAEQsXXmcBDHedTY/edit?pli=1#gid=43161177

Donate Seedcoins sUW6x5dUyH8BNioEunXn37RB3GTYMGnnUh
misocialnetwork

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:17:14 AM

I am staking just fine. I started with 1 seed.
so staking just fine to you 5 coins from your 1 whoo not when it cost me $100 USD to get that one coin it is not so yeah

misocialnetwork

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:19:57 AM

It's grey currently, as those coins have staked now. But yesterday I had some that were literally almost 38 hours old before they staked. I'm waiting on some coins to stake in about 1.5 hours. They start staking right on schedule. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

If it's not a lot of coins, the network weight is so high it will take a long time. As long as the green arrow comes on on schedule, that's important thing. How long it takes after that is anyones guess. Staking after the fourth day has always been difficult for everyone. There's just so much weight on the network, and so few blocks to be had in a single day. It's just impossible for everyone to stake. Even the larger holders struggle, and by the end, it's anyone's guess.

There are strategies to work around this, but none that come without significant risk.
yeah you do not say i have had mine staking for 15 hours plus and the network says 2 hours for the last 15 hours is whack totally if you ever make another coin think about making more staking blocks so everyone can stake right instead of not

That's like asking bitcoin to change so that people with 1ghash can compete with people that have 1000 ghash. The number of coins you have is your hashrate. The fewer you have, the longer it takes, that's just how the POS system works.
and staking just from 2 hours to 3 hours and i have 1555 weight on there still nothing

istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:24:29 AM

is there a way to disable the auto splitting into two blocks after a successful stake?

i am tempted to re-combine them into into 1 block after 120 confirmations or after they mature

i dont know which would be faster, sacrificing 2 hours so i can recombine them into 1 bigger stake for faster weight gain

or leaving them with two smaller piles
my last stakes took 7 and 9 hrs respectively after min stake age so total 31 and 33 hrs between stakes

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:38:04 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 11:55:44 AM by istvandv

This graph below you sent me 3 days ago was not true for 1 coin and was maybe true for having 500 coins or more
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1_BKfRxuOeAzvhzmldG1P0d0bxZAEQsXXmcBDHedTY/edit?pli=1#gid=43161177

the graph shows the potential of 1 SEED with a daily interest of 269%

but we have to consider other factors involved with POS for example:
after the min stake age of 24hrs is the only time you will start to gain weight
your coins will compete with other coins in finding blocks

these apply to all POS coins

when I ventured into SEED, i knew beforehand that I would likely not be able to stake 7 times in the growth period with the amount of coins that I have
I also expect that the price will definitely go down with 269% daily interest

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:43:05 AM

and staking just from 2 hours to 3 hours and i have 1555 weight on there still nothing

Open your wallet, go to help and then click about gcoin. Which version do you see there?

O_o
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 11:44:13 AM

so pretty much it was set up so your Dev have the most hashrate so no one can never get no coins not very fair all i know i will never invest in another coin like this ever again i lost $100.00 USD so yeah not kool still and also do not send a spreadsheet claiming people with one coin would end up with 9,323 coins after 7 days of staking when you should knew that was not true one bit and you better hope the price of your seedcoin goes up and people profit from it or you will have alot mad people on your hands

Check the explorer, people with low numbers of coins are staking just fine most of the blocks are from people that are staking with a small number:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/

It's just a little slower. I actually did alter the code to make people with less seed start staking earlier than they should just so they'd have a chance and I clearly stated right from the beginning that it was going to be more difficult to stake with fewer seed.

I most certainly do not hold anywhere near all the coins I hold a small fraction right now.

Plus your coins build weight over the course of the day. The longer they're held, the more weight they put on the network to stake. A ton of new coins has far less weight than a small number of old coins, the new coins just gain weight faster.

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:47:04 AM

I am sure he is staking with a wrong wallet

O_o
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 11:47:23 AM

is there a way to disable the auto splitting into two blocks after a successful stake?

i am tempted to re-combine them into into 1 block after 120 confirmations or after they mature

i dont know which would be faster, sacrificing 2 hours so i can recombine them into 1 bigger stake for faster weight gain

my last stakes took 7 and 9 hrs respectively after min stake age so total 31 and 33 hrs between stakes

This is a risky tactic, but it is a smart one if you can pull it off. I think it's a question of timing. I plan to try it myself. Getting today's stake in took longer than I thought it would.

misocialnetwork

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:50:27 AM

i am using the 1.5.0 wallet staking so that is wrong

misocialnetwork

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:52:08 AM

i mean 1.0.5 wallet

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:53:06 AM

I have no idea, then.

O_o
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:53:51 AM

I have no idea, then.
how long have you been staking with 1.0.5.0 ?

O_o
ButcherBill

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:54:31 AM

Yay DEVs back!!
Ok so moving forward does anyone have any ideas for the dev on how to make a future for the coin? real comments only please, dont need the 2 fudders BS, if everyone puts their heads together and help out with some ideas so the dev doesn't have to think about everything by himself, the guts and work so far is good as most would have run by now and dumped the whole project after the ups and downs. It looks like the whole thing is back on track and working now.

So i would start with a few simple ideas:
1. get on more exchanges
2. we can use twitter accounts to spread the word and exchange troll boxes
3. Dont put up sell walls under cutting the price, if most agree to hold at a certain price that be good, say no lower than we its trading at now 0.006 or there about
4. make simple fun photo shop pics for seed and post them here and twitter
5. Talk it up now and in the future

Could we back the coin with real seeds? as in seed is very cheap could the coin become a seed bank in real life? you can buy seed in any country for bugger all depending on the seed?
Could we back and buy seed and use it for good eg: donations for 3rd world shit holes?
Do a logo contest

Anyway the more ideas the better

Beef

Thank you, this is just the sort of thing I need.

More exchanges could help, but getting on bittrex was key. If there was higher volume this might be a big deal, but right now there's not a lot of incentive to trade. This should change near the end of the week as the coin finds its floor;)

Twitter is an excellent way to spread the word through social media. For a lot of people Twitter is their go to place for information, and as new coins trend people there really start to take interest;)

Completely agree all the rest would be great as well;)

Obviously some of the things on the agenda are Mac Wallet (we'd have one by now, but my dev pc took a dump last week. I'm actually doing everything with my laptop now. No I didn't lose any code.), android wallet, etc. I'm planning to completely overhaul the UI design for *user friendliness*. Yes that means I'm not going for resource heavy bling, or awkward custom bordered wallets. I want easy to use.

In the long term (6+ months) maybe doing something cool for people that missed this growth period. Celebrate with a 10% growth day or something. I don't know. Depends on the community sentiment for the idea.

I'm going to go back and make the shadowcoin messaging system easier to use and more intuitive (it does work, after all) and fix the stealth address issue, providing the a reasonable option for anonymous sending and receiving.

Something I really want to get into, but wont happen for quite some time in light of all the issues that we have previously faced, is redesigning how the blockchain is stored and managed across the network so that it isn't just so heavy on storage resources, and for compatability purposes, I'd look to have both versions fully compatible with eachother and able to run side by side.

Another thing I want to do is look into eliminating change addresses as the default, and instead make transaction change feed back into the address it came from, similar to what happens when coins stake (they get sent to their originating address). This design would make wallet portability and backups much more dependable and allow coins stored on paper wallets to send only a portion of their coins at a time.

I'm also looking at things like 2FA, USB authentication (to allow the option of unlocking your wallet by, say, plugging a usb stick that has a special key on it, or your mobile phone), and multi-option authentication, so you could possibly set your wallet to only unlock with both a password and a usb key, or even set both, but only require one or the other. Obviously each would have its advantages and disadvantages, but I like providing options, and not everyone likes having to use a password to unlock their wallet.

Another thing I'd like to add is the ability to share coins with other devices that you own. For example - suppose you could go to your main wallet on your PC, and set up an address in it called 'Mobile Phone', and any coins you sent to that address still remained in your primary wallet, but were also accessible from your mobile phone. And what if all you had to do in order to load that wallet onto your phone was to load it via a qr code that you could only access once you had properly authenticated?

Building up funds for an exchange buywall that functions the same way, or similar to how it was described in the ICO is something else I'm heavily contemplating. The possibility of backing the coin with resources that have stable value (I like the idea of seeds!) is awesome I think. I'm also very charitably minded, but I believe we need to build value for seed before we can build resources that we can afford to donate to charity. Like my grandfather always told me growing up, you have to be able to take care of yourself before you can take anyone else.  

I have lots of ideas that I plan on working on. I'm going to spend the next day or so putting some serious thought into how long they would take for me to implement, test, and introduce through a reasonable alpha-beta-release cycle. I plan on having a Roadmap together for everyone to look at on Tuesday or Wednesday.

All suggestions are welcome, and I'm happy to take them on board.

At the end of the day my primary expertise is in development and customer service. I'm not a big advertising guru, nor do I have much experience in design or multimedia. Having a logo contest sounds like a great idea, I love contests;)

Can you setup a wallet for donations cryptzo? and post the address, i would put some in for sure and i am sure others that are after longer term growth might add to it, even if we get a small amount it could fund say a logo contest to start, what do you guys think?

Maybe, but if I did it would most certainly be after growth.

Sounds good,
i knocked a logo up in a few seconds, its easy enough and the right logo will help a lot, again this is just for ideas people might have an a very quick example,
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/cd/9a/03/cd9a0383351d0a43084cb0c0639b91f0.jpg

I thought the tree with the roots n stuff was the logo. jus assumed it was cuz the wallet opens with that tree.

is not bad tho. reminds me of the big fish movie poster Smiley

http://www.filmposters.it/imgposter/grandi/bigfish.jpg
misocialnetwork

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:55:09 AM

This is a risky tactic, but it is a smart one if you can pull it off. I think it's a question of timing. I plan to try it myself. Getting today's stake in took longer than I thought it would.
hey is this 1.0.5.0 wallet the same as 1.0.5 wallet or do i need to update again ?

misocialnetwork

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:56:00 AM

I have no idea, then.
16.5 hours now nothing

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:00:00 PM

I have no idea, then.
16.5 hours now nothing
I have never seen a version 1.0.5   it has .0 at the end
mine takes around 30-35 hours to send me coins instead of 24 hours

O_o
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:00:05 PM

it's  interesting that there are only 160 staking addresses

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

hey is this 1.0.5.0 wallet the same as 1.0.5 wallet or do i need to update again ?

they're the same.

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: