Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing Songcoin - Invest in Music  (Read 96868 times)
wildbud

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:54:49 PM

Seems its dead?huh? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dynoman (OP)

Activity: 279

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 01:29:48 PM

Seems its dead?huh? Huh

Hardly at network 3GH/s it's a long way from death Smiley I've got a new strategy to get things moving again updates will follow.

Cheers

DP

Songcoin - Invest In Music
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 04:28:55 PM

Hello Songcoin is now listed on Novaexchange

http://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_SONG

Cheers

DP

KokoroKlphn

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 03:33:08 AM

https://admin.blockexperts.com/song
page not found

paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 12:12:14 AM

Great name for a coin.  I wonder if cryptos are going to be the domain names of the near future.   The main ones will go up in price and be used by bigger industries.

dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 01:22:53 AM

Great name for a coin.  I wonder if cryptos are going to be the domain names of the near future.   The main ones will go up in price and be used by bigger industries.

Yes very interesting idea it looks like crypto will have a huge impact on fintech and sharemarkets.

bitfawkes

Activity: 336

Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:39:05 AM

Hello SONGCOIN team.

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in SONG just set c=SONG as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

Visit http://italyiimp.com.

Best regards.

Bitfawkes.

Sometimes people who no one imagined could do certain things, those who do things that no one can imagine.
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

Thank you for that I'll update the page when I get get back home next week.

Melissa Smile

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:39:05 PM

Hi, look like another good crypto-project in music world Smiley  But is the project alive?) What the difference between Songcoin and Musicoin?
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 12:38:56 AM

Hi, look like another good crypto-project in music world Smiley  But is the project alive?) What the difference between Songcoin and Musicoin?

Thanks for the question and what a great opportunity to go back over the brief history of Songcoin.

Songcoin came into being from another idea called eBeat in 2008, which was intended as a music monetization platform post Napster and to redress the resulting decimation of the music industries traditional revenue streams. The basic value premise was that there would be a release radar platform with new music either in demo or published form for evaluation by users and if you liked a particular song or their music you would send them a token value as an investment.  Then you have an interest stake in that piece of work. This gives the artist immediate revenue and a gauge of future popularity.  Once released for distribution the revenue from future sales is shared by both the artist and the savvy investor.  This why we always used the line 'Songcoin - Invest In Music'  

When we started eBeat in 2008 we had no idea how the platforms software would work and our seed funding barely covered the legal aspects of copyright etc.  The project drifted along until Satoshi created Bitcoin and then we knew this could be the token distribution engine room we were looking for back then.  We also knew back in 2010 that Bitcoin was probably going to be one of many future crypto coins so why not create our own industry specific token. That's when we started Songcoin.

At some point in time since Songcoin's creation we've had the ear of all of the big digital music players. Sadly the unfortunate fact is that people won't pay a penny for music when they can get it for free.  If you're feeling generous you might subscribe to Spotify premium where the mega-artist gets a tiny fraction of the associated revenue. The rest get's eaten up by administration costs.  You can see how perfectly blockchain tech fits in here as the kicker to return money where it's deserved.

We contacted Myspace, at the time it was a floundering beached whale without direction (kinda still is). What a perfect opportunity to enliven the platform with a ready list of subscribers who would love to support their favorite musicians. Sadly they wanted everything for free and not interested in co-development of the idea.

Another possible application is utilizing the blockchain as an interactive ledger to record music metadata and distribute royalties to vested parties.  Conceptually you could distribute royalty micropayments to everyone involved in the creation of a piece of work from the artist to the session muso, to the producer, to the guy who adjust the mic etc. This is one exciting potential application.

Will we ever return to a world where we pay a fair value for music to enjoy something we love and that gives us a sense of pleasure?

Perhaps we have, it's called Vinyl and it's highly successful. Have a look at this Smiley

https://youtu.be/PF4A4wdnXkU

Melissa Smile

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:22:16 PM

Thanks for the question and what a great opportunity to go back over the brief history of Songcoin.

Songcoin came into being from another idea called eBeat in 2008, which was intended as a music monetization platform post Napster and to redress the resulting decimation of the music industries traditional revenue streams. The basic value premise was that there would be a release radar platform with new music either in demo or published form for evaluation by users and if you liked a particular song or their music you would send them a token value as an investment.  Then you have an interest stake in that piece of work. This gives the artist immediate revenue and a gauge of future popularity.  Once released for distribution the revenue from future sales is shared by both the artist and the savvy investor.  This why we always used the line 'Songcoin - Invest In Music'  

When we started eBeat in 2008 we had no idea how the platforms software would work and our seed funding barely covered the legal aspects of copyright etc.  The project drifted along until Satoshi created Bitcoin and then we knew this could be the token distribution engine room we were looking for back then.  We also knew back in 2010 that Bitcoin was probably going to be one of many future crypto coins so why not create our own industry specific token. That's when we started Songcoin.

At some point in time since Songcoin's creation we've had the ear of all of the big digital music players. Sadly the unfortunate fact is that people won't pay a penny for music when they can get it for free.  If you're feeling generous you might subscribe to Spotify premium where the mega-artist gets a tiny fraction of the associated revenue. The rest get's eaten up by administration costs.  You can see how perfectly blockchain tech fits in here as the kicker to return money where it's deserved.

We contacted Myspace, at the time it was a floundering beached whale without direction (kinda still is). What a perfect opportunity to enliven the platform with a ready list of subscribers who would love to support their favorite musicians. Sadly they wanted everything for free and not interested in co-development of the idea.

Another possible application is utilizing the blockchain as an interactive ledger to record music metadata and distribute royalties to vested parties.  Conceptually you could distribute royalty micropayments to everyone involved in the creation of a piece of work from the artist to the session muso, to the producer, to the guy who adjust the mic etc. This is one exciting potential application.

Will we ever return to a world where we pay a fair value for music to enjoy something we love and that gives us a sense of pleasure?

Perhaps we have, it's called Vinyl and it's highly successful. Have a look at this Smiley

https://youtu.be/PF4A4wdnXkU

Thank you for such wide answer  Smiley I will learn more about Songcoin ^)
jackson997

Activity: 180
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 08:04:08 PM

block explorer offline
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 12:44:35 PM

block explorer offline

Hiya thanks we will get another dedicated explorer happening in the mean time:

https://prohashing.com/explorer/Songcoin/

plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:02:03 PM

block explorer offline

Hello, I check on the website and a notification " KGW transition will happen at 80000 block " what does this mean are you going to do a coin swap or what I'm checking the history of this coin I find it interesting because you are targetting the song industry.
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 01:03:43 PM

block explorer offline

Hello, I check on the website and a notification " KGW transition will happen at 80000 block " what does this mean are you going to do a coin swap or what I'm checking the history of this coin I find it interesting because you are targetting the song industry.

Cheers nup, that's old, we're embarking on a complete overhaul in 2018 so stay tuned Smiley

ryandanielt

Activity: 267

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:19:25 AM

Songcoin was added to CryptoPools

https://cryptopools.ca/pool/song/

Crypto Ninja! Want my signature? Perhaps you want my avatar? Let me know Smiley
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:08:38 AM

Curious what is up with SongCoin these days? 

Is Hash-to-Coins correct in that the network is mining at 1.3Th/s???  Someone is pounding it down to a pulp for some reason.

Or maybe an order on NiceHash went bad?  And they don't realize they are hashing that high?

dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 01:38:55 AM

Is Hash-to-Coins correct in that the network is mining at 1.3Th/s???  Someone is pounding it down to a pulp for some reason.

Or maybe an order on NiceHash went bad?  And they don't realize they are hashing that high?

Oh there's some market rumours floating around. We're working on the coin again in earnest there's a new site coming (we'll overdue) more wallets & upgrades and current industry negotiating. Looking good for 2018.

pizzacraver44

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:52:17 AM

Oh there's some market rumours floating around. We're working on the coin again in earnest there's a new site coming (we'll overdue) more wallets & upgrades and current industry negotiating. Looking good for 2018.

Thanks for the bump.  I missed this on my radar.  Is there anything you can release or tease us with regarding the current industry negotiating?  Wink
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 12:24:29 PM

Thanks for the bump.  I missed this on my radar.  Is there anything you can release or tease us with regarding the current industry negotiating?  Wink

Thank you for the interest. So with regard to present negotiations I can say that we're hoping to align ourselves with an exciting music project. The team is Australian based with worldwide exposure and we believe Songcoin would be the perfect fit. We hope to have more news in the coming weeks. Until then there's so much to do. We've just got the dedicated explorer finished that will be included on the new website & working on other stuff including mobile wallets.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: