Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:43:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing Songcoin - Invest in Music  (Read 96868 times)
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:11:35 AM

Also, I wouldn't blame this on any multi-pool.  Hash-to-Coins -- the only "multi-pool" that I think carries this coin was hashing only 4Gh/s at the most and then the owner was kind enough to switch to another coin early as to not hurt the coin on the next difficulty reset.  Hash-to-Coins is a good pool, btw, as the owner actually cares.  One of the last few that do.

What killed SONG was a lone miner on LifeForcePools.  This person was hashing 12.5Gh/s (or more) up until the last 20 blocks - which was too late.  I repeatedly asked him to please drop it back (as others were kind enough to pull back), but he got greedy and took advantage of the situation.
Yeah, this solves a better retarget algo (kgw) or decrease the TargetTimespan (to 2 hour => 60 blocks): if a high hashpower jump in, the diff fast move to high too, if he jump out, then the diff fast move to low.

This is good for miners, and bad for multipool Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dynoman (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 11:39:37 AM

There's nothing really to investigate.  At this difficulty, you need a good 2Gh/s to 3Gh/s to get the block chain moving at a somewhat decent rate -- otherwise it will be slow. 

At least it is moving -- as there seems to be 200Mh/s to 500 Mh/s on the coin in the last hour.  If these people drop out then the coin will come to a crawl.  LifeForcePools doesn't seem to be a very efficient pool for mining SONG at this moment (showing just 96% - which is not good).  Many of their blocks are taking over 200%.  That indicates that there is an issue somewhere in their pool, rather than just "bad luck."

Keep in mind that the net hash being reported by anyone is wrong (as it for some reason is a delayed number).  Instead you have to dig through the blocks being found and see what pools are mining them and just add up the hash from everyone.

Also, I wouldn't blame this on any multi-pool.  Hash-to-Coins -- the only "multi-pool" that I think carries this coin was hashing only 4Gh/s at the most and then the owner was kind enough to switch to another coin early as to not hurt the coin on the next difficulty reset.  Hash-to-Coins is a good pool, btw, as the owner actually cares.  One of the last few that do.

What killed SONG was a lone miner on LifeForcePools.  This person was hashing 12.5Gh/s (or more) up until the last 20 blocks - which was too late.  I repeatedly asked him to please drop it back (as others were kind enough to pull back), but he got greedy and took advantage of the situation.

I mined this coin a lot on the last high difficulty, at a loss.  (Giving it at least 500Mh/s daily and many days 2Gh/s to 3Gh/s). 

I don't see a reason to put good hash on it again, for the benefit of "the coin," as there seem to be quite a few greedy people out there.  Oh well.

Perhaps people will now realize what happens to a coin when you don't have someone mining it with decent hash, at a high difficulty. 

Good luck.  Sad

Thanks HD Well we've added additional nodes to the network plus the Web Wallet which acts with similar effect.  It has had an overall noticeable effect however I thought we were on top of the inherent latency issue.  Anyway we will keep looking at this problem and see if there's another way to rectify it.  I'll agree the conf's were blazing yesterday during the heavy mining phase 6 confirmations in under 20 seconds.  Now if we could get that performance on a regular basis then that would be awesome Smiley

Songcoin - Invest In Music
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 11:45:18 AM

Songcoin developer --

Have you tried getting the coin verified?  I think it only costs like .1 BTC and would add some transparency:

coinssource.com/trust-index-verification

Thanks for this I've completed the verification process as directed by coinsource, just waiting for a response from them as they advised it would only take 48Hrs after paying.

I'm yet to hear anything back after 3 days now, perhaps they don't count the weekends?

Cheers

DP

dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 02:13:21 AM

Hello and thanks all for your continued support.

It would be fantastic if you could help us test the new web wallet it's based on the Coinpunk and you will find it here:

https://webwallet.songcoin.org/

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards

DP

So on the web wallet -- now Safari actually recognizes the secure connection.  Firefox continues to give the warning about "trust."

I believe the only way Firefox will not give this warning is upgrade the certificate to Level 2.  In all honesty, a level 2 certificate doesn't cost much  (like $60 a year).  You don't want the wallet to appear like it might be less secure.

I guess my motto is that if you are going to do something -- do it right and don't go cheap.  LOL  Just a suggestion.

Of course if you already clicked on Firefox's "I understand the risks" then you won't get this message anymore.  But for first-timers it would say -- SPOOKY! 

Thanks I'll take a closer look at this one.

DP

sa_ddam213

Activity: 251

Fuck I hate this site

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:36:28 AM

SONG block explorer added to Cryptopia
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?currencyId=24

Fuck I hate this site
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 07:01:24 AM

SONG block explorer added to Cryptopia
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?currencyId=24

Thanks for the update.

DP

SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 06:13:00 PM

invest in music or a ponzi scheme? premine way too huge for no innovation.
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 02:33:18 AM

Well - I'm perplexed at the lack of support for this coin. 

Regardless, I have an investment in this coin now and to protect this investment I've decided to dedicate a minimum of 250Mh/s to the coin (24/7) - just so that transactions actually go through.  It won't make things smooth, but it is better than nothing behind it (which will result in complete failure of the coin - as everyone will drop this coin if transactions don't go through in a timely manner).  Plus, pools will eventually drop this coin if there is no support behind it.

How can you help?

1.  Rent hash to mine the coin (although it is cheaper to use your own equipment)

2.  Buy SONG on C-Cex (this coin needs to be bought at over 1300 sats to look profitable to any miner)

3.  SONG will be delisted over time if there is not decent volume on C-Cex -- so buy and sell away!

We need a real timeline from the development team as to what is going on with SONG -- otherwise this is just a waste of hash.

I've offered to help in other ways - but the dev team seems to be a tight group.  I'm also willing to take over SONG if the developer is ready to just sell it off and move on.

Thanks again for your continued support HD,

It's not so perplexing really as altcoins are a hard sell to to the music community.  I've contacted many and the general response is that they don't understand how cryptocurrencies work.  There's the major adoption sticking point and it will take some time for the mainstream to understand the concept of a universal decentralized unit of exchange. (Perfect medium of exchange for micropayments)  Seemingly, they've got no issue putting down a track that nobody will listen to for $6K but when it comes to them trying to promote Songcoin that will cost them only time that's a completely different story.

Spotify Resident Artist DA Wallach has taken some early interest.  He's a really smart guy and can see the potential.  He wrote an excellent article regarding decentralized music metadata here: https://medium.com/backchannel/bitcoin-for-rockstars-ca8366802f9 I'll be talking to DA & some others again later today as I believe this is a good opportunity for Songcoin blockchain 2 technology.

With regard to the forum community and their support for Songcoin.  I can understand people would be wary of investing in something that seeks for it's developers to remain anonymous however I've always been very public with my identity a simple Google search will yield as much background information about the people associated with Songcoin development.  There also seems to be a prevailing belief that the developers somehow own the coin and this is not true.  Anyone could easily develop their own application to support Songcoin if they felt it worthy.  I thought that Pindrop was the first group to show some real interest in regard to this and I offered them a substantial bounty to assist with the future development.  If they were serious about Songcoin then this would've been a great opportunity.  Alas they've gone to sleep for the moment.

Further to this I've decided to put my personal savings behind an experimental Android streaming app that will integrate Songcoin, Bitcoin & Litecoin as a payment.  So for the past week I've been evaluating the associated development costs.  Will advise further as I progress.

Thanks again

DP - Songcoin - Invest In Music

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:58:34 PM

if anybody want to get information about Songcoin,who is involved with that project etc you can pm me

i did already internet search and i have  most interesting information stored
it will solve any of your doubts

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sp495

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:27:13 AM

I know HD has his heart in the right place, but all this drama about miners is getting on my nerves considering for the past 3-4months I've dedicated all of my hashing power to songcoin through the east difficulty and the insanely high difficulty.  Coming to btctalk and screaming about no miners when some of us who want this coin to grow have dedicated miners to the coin almost since its inception, is irritating.  I believe HD to be a true songcoin enthusiast and second his sentiment about devs being more open about a timeline and such, but we ALL need to be patient! Songcoin is only about 5 months old, there's plenty of time to grow and trading volume has been pretty good (why is HD freaking out about volume when song is regularly a hot coin on ccex with 24hr volume hitting almost 4btc recently?)! I think this coin has a good future and I'm having a great time trading it, but only time will tell.  Not meaning to pick on HD, no ill feelings, just observations and thoughts.

SP
bitcoin77

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:25:46 AM

Bye - at least we wont have to ready your garbage anymore.
Things are looking up  Cheesy
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:25:50 AM

Oh how I just love the kind folk on this forum.

sp495

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:21:19 PM

is this aimed at me? Lol. Funny how the guy who can't setup a windows wallet calls my posts garbage :-D
Pab
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 11:53:29 PM

Maybe sort of luck at the end of that hard   day.I have found contact to musician,producer frousa who is interested in new projectfor music,he is also technology developer and he knows aboutdigital currencys,serious man,no happy with current model of music industry

I ve been busy last days today am a little ill,i will try to make moreaware that guy from Pindrop that thay won on lottery
Looks like thay also no nothing about crypto and they have no knowledge  about internet at all
P

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:14:38 AM

I know HD has his heart in the right place, but all this drama about miners is getting on my nerves considering for the past 3-4months I've dedicated all of my hashing power to songcoin through the east difficulty and the insanely high difficulty.  Coming to btctalk and screaming about no miners when some of us who want this coin to grow have dedicated miners to the coin almost since its inception, is irritating.  I believe HD to be a true songcoin enthusiast and second his sentiment about devs being more open about a timeline and such, but we ALL need to be patient! Songcoin is only about 5 months old, there's plenty of time to grow and trading volume has been pretty good (why is HD freaking out about volume when song is regularly a hot coin on ccex with 24hr volume hitting almost 4btc recently?)! I think this coin has a good future and I'm having a great time trading it, but only time will tell.  Not meaning to pick on HD, no ill feelings, just observations and thoughts.

SP

Thanks SP

In respect of all the issues discussed here in the last week or so I would also like to thank you for your continued support.

Cheers

DP

dynoman (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:15:24 AM

Maybe sort of luck at the end of that hard   day.I have found contact to musician,producer frousa who is interested in new projectfor music,he is also technology developer and he knows aboutdigital currencys,serious man,no happy with current model of music industry

I ve been busy last days today am a little ill,i will try to make moreaware that guy from Pindrop that thay won on lottery
Looks like thay also no nothing about crypto and they have no knowledge  about internet at all
P

Thanks Pab good luck Smiley

DP

Pab
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:50:53 AM

if you are  seeking for roadmap,development plans,everything is here in Dave posts,just road them carefully

but if you want time of release,with technolgy products it is impossible,one is buildthem and then test them and fix bugs,fix bugs it really takes time often

anyway ifyou want indroduce digital payments to musician,there is just onesmall things to do,really easy to do,not taking to much time

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pab
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:09:58 AM

i contacted with my fb friend sfrom British Columbia his answer i, Pawel! Good! I do know some who are indie music artist. Are you looking for a specific genre (type of music)? Also, provide a weblink so that I can pass that on.

my answer

project is in early stage,the biggest issue now is make them understend how digital currency work,i will ask dave for some pdf guide about songcoin ,any kind of music,Thanks Dan ,i will later post you songcoin fan page
so do you knowwhati mean,i can have many musiciam from diffrent part of world ,what i can tell them,andhow muchtimeit will take,pdf ,may solve that,wiki

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pab
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:44:33 PM

P

Thanks Pab good luck Smiley

DP
Ok first contact done ,he is interested in songcoin,i will send you messege with details

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CoreInternals

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:22:39 AM

Would any of you guys be interested in having this coin on a marketplace for purchasing physical products?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: