Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing Songcoin - Invest in Music  (Read 96868 times)
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:51:26 PM

I think the lesson learned is (which is kind of common sense):

1.  Make sure all wallets, source code, etc. are out very very early through the official channels.  It has to be through the SONG Github and Song.org websites to be considered legit.

2.  Your official block chain explorer must be switched over. 

3.  You need more nodes -- there's only 2 and they are both in the US.

4.  C-Cex has to be on board.  If they don't switch - no one will switch.  Who wants to mine coins you can't trade?

5.  Be ready for someone or some group to all of a sudden push through with lots of hash to the next "speed round" -- creating havoc or doing some unknown thing.  Anyone can do it for 2 or 3 BTC -- and this was done in about 24 hours.

6.  Don't make the announcement until everything is ready, tested and available. 

On a side note -- my offer still stands -- I would be willing to buy majority pre-mine on this coin for a good price as I see potential in this coin (in other things) - but the potential can only happen when it is backed up by real $$$$.  This meaning - never letting the block chain come to a halt (always having mining power behind the coin - no matter what).  Paying people real $$$$ to clean this coin up.  A good $10k to $20k investment in this coin would do wonders.  Bounties only get you so far…

The huge premine is making the coin impossible to get listed on some markets - which is a shame. 

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdmediaservices

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:54:14 PM

Wallets in 75684 block height are on wrong fork.

So I switched back my pool to 73000.

You might as well go back to the old chain.  I don't think C-Cex is going to ignore coins and transactions from 73001 to 75684.  A new transition block will be needed.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:27:12 PM

I think the lesson learned is (which is kind of common sense):

1.  Make sure all wallets, source code, etc. are out very very early through the official channels.  It has to be through the SONG Github and Song.org websites to be considered legit.

2.  Your official block chain explorer must be switched over. 

3.  You need more nodes -- there's only 2 and they are both in the US.

4.  C-Cex has to be on board.  If they don't switch - no one will switch.  Who wants to mine coins you can't trade?

5.  Be ready for someone or some group to all of a sudden push through with lots of hash to the next "speed round" -- creating havoc or doing some unknown thing.  Anyone can do it for 2 or 3 BTC -- and this was done in about 24 hours.

6.  Don't make the announcement until everything is ready, tested and available. 

On a side note -- my offer still stands -- I would be willing to buy majority pre-mine on this coin for a good price as I see potential in this coin (in other things) - but the potential can only happen when it is backed up by real $$$$.  This meaning - never letting the block chain come to a halt (always having mining power behind the coin - no matter what).  Paying people real $$$$ to clean this coin up.  A good $10k to $20k investment in this coin would do wonders.  Bounties only get you so far…

The huge premine is making the coin impossible to get listed on some markets - which is a shame. 

Looks like you didnt catch yesterday train and you very much need us$

Life is change,new is coming in digital currencys world
no more computing power will decide
Adios

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
hdmediaservices

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:04:54 PM

Ole wise one - lol - you always seem to have an Analect up your sleeve.

Please explain for the more simple minded... 

The offer can be paid in BTC, AUD, EUR, GBP, or LTC (if you wish - lol).

Sorry for using the "$" symbol (I think) - that is just habit and could mean USD or AUD or even CAD.  For me though it still relates in how to gauge how many BTC something is worth (since that is my government's currency).

I'm not sure what you mean by I "very much need us$" ??  Perhaps it is the Vodka.  LOL

Pab
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:11:36 PM

Ole wise one - lol - you always seem to have an Analect up your sleeve.

Please explain for the more simple minded... 

The offer can be paid in BTC, AUD, EUR, GBP, or LTC (if you wish - lol).

Sorry for using the "$" symbol (I think) - that is just habit and could mean USD or AUD or even CAD.  For me though it still relates in how to gauge how many BTC something is worth (since that is my government's currency).

I'm not sure what you mean by I "very much need us$" ??  Perhaps it is the Vodka.  LOL

you are to much
i dont ask about your coin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
hdmediaservices

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:13:29 PM

Hmm - ok - I'll just let that rest.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:35:07 AM

Pin drop… No trading on C-Cex for several days.  No hash on the network (except for when someone wants to move a big # of coins around).

I wonder how many actually own any SONG (that is over 10k)? 

Looks like about 40BTC to 50BTC could buy someone a super-majority of coins (just from mining it very quickly).  Under $10k USD and the control changes within 15 days.

Anyone interested?  Rebranding would be needed - but that is the easy part.  I travel to China 2x to 3x a year - SONG has interest.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:15:33 PM

I guess this coin is dead.

C-Cex delisting will happen with practically zero volume day after day.  A shame to waste so much effort.

dynoman (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 03:51:49 AM

I guess this coin is dead.

C-Cex delisting will happen with practically zero volume day after day.  A shame to waste so much effort.

Thanks HD,

What do you personally believe is the best way to move forward from here?

Cheers

DP

Songcoin - Invest In Music
hdmediaservices

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:45:04 AM

Sell someone the pre-mine / domain so that he can then invest real money into fixing the coin's issues + rebranding / promotion.  Then getting rid of the pre-mine would be top priority so that other exchanges would actually list the coin.

Right now - no one wants to deal with the coin as there's no current future, a crazy pre-mine and just random bits of supposed meetings -- that have turned into nothing.

Now - SONG's reputation is tarnished as the hard-FORK was announced without any updates to back it up and it failed.

I get the feeling that partnerships have faded, money has dried up and no one wants to work for bounties.

You either go down with the ship and lose everything -- or -- try to make some of your money back.

I've been offering to take over this coin for months - but evidently it is not for sale.  Perhaps you do not own the pre-mine. 

The only thing this coin has going for itself is that it is listed on a 3rd tier exchange - C-Cex (Cryptopia has it listed - but their days look numbered). 

Other than that the coin is worthless.  You lose C-Cex and then you pretty much lose the coin.

This is a great opportunity for someone like me that has the time and resources -- but I'm seeing the window start to close quickly, as this coin is going down quickly.

You know how to contact me if you are ready to move on and still make some money in the process.  I'd like to preserve this coin's value - no matter what it takes and then work on make it functional - not matter what the difficulty may be.

dynoman (OP)

Activity: 279

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:13:40 PM

Eventually we will sort the current technical issues out. Unfortunately the dev that handled the KGW fork took the money (which was secured in escrow) without any promise of success or offer of backup if things didn't go according to plan.  Now these guys are very well known and have worked for us before.  So I'm feeling disappointed with the outcome and their refusal to respond to my request for further support.  As they told me this is a relatively straight forward process and there shouldn't be any problems.  I was shocked when the senior Bitcointalk member in charge of the funds released them against my concerns.

Now with regard to the time-frame given for the KGW integration.  Based upon the historical mining rate at the time there was more than ample time to have everything properly in place before the 73K mark.  Somebody/s obviously thought it would be a good idea to ramp up the mining to unprecedented levels which caught us all completely off guard.  I am somewhat suspicious of the motivation for this.  Wouldn't this miner so determined to get to 73K point be in contact to advise me they were planning this?

HD at times you have admitted to undermining our efforts and at one point even used the generous bounty that was given to you (In return for your offer of assistance) to dump the exchange rate.  This is a low act in my opinion.  Of course you can have the last laugh here and cause more damage as you still have a very significant body of coins.  I'm appealing to your conscience to do the right thing.  If you want to help then please support the coin in a constructive way.  As everyone know's I'm happy to support initiatives using the pre-mine for which it was always designed to do.

For all interested please note: Now there are almost 12M coins out there.  The pre-mine is around 3.8M.  At this point I've given away over 1.8M coins from my pocket or via my own mining efforts in return for pledges of support.  We have a long way to go.  For the loyal I believe there is a great opportunity for reward in the future.

We just have to find the right people to help us make it happen.

Cheers

DP

Songcoin - Invest In Music
hdmediaservices

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:15:18 PM

Hmm - ok - you ask me what I would do to fix the issue and then I get the blame game…   LOL

First, regarding the coins that are out there (it isn't as rosy as one might think):

1.  The top 10 wallets hold approximately 9.21 million coins

2.  The top 20 wallets hold approximately 10.382 million coins

2.  There are 11.77 million coins total right now

3.  This leaves 1.38 million coins that are scattered among various wallets past the top 20

Second, you gave me 100k coins in exchange for hash -- a lot of hash.  I did not dump these coins on the exchange.  I sold them here and there - since I lost confidence in the coin.  If 100k coins can kill the trading platform then this coin has very few traders.

Third, how do you know how many coins I own of SONG?  Are you trying to follow wallet addresses?  LOL  Right now I own 39,200 coins and they are held in two C-Cex wallets.  I have another 2250 stuck in confirmation because the block chain is not moving.  That is it.  I've sold and bought other coins over the months.   

Finally - it sounds like the programmer did what was requested of him.  Pay him more money if you want to fix the wallet.  The problem here was not the programmer - but how this was all handled. 

1.  Why would you make an announcement regarding the change at 73000 - before you had wallets out and had the key players on board?  It is not like you are allowing people to vote.  You own the coin with your pre-mine.

2.  Why was the source not released through your official channels?  Github and Songcoin.org?

3.  Why wouldn't someone make a run on the hash and try to get one last low difficulty mine in?  This would be expected and should be expected to happen again.  If it were me - I would set the change over at a much higher block -- get everyone switched out (C-Cex, Pools, Explorer) -- then when you are ready -- spend some BTC and ramp up the mining until you hit your target.

Hire a legitimate programmer - pay him in BTC and establish a continuous relationship.

"We just have to find the right people to help us make it happen."  LOL  Wishful thinking - but the right people cost money.

"There is a great opportunity for reward in the future."  Ok - tell me your plan.

Is there a plan?  Or is this coin dead right now?  The block chain has practically stopped.  Volume trading for the last week has been almost nothing.  C-Cex will delist it eventually unless things change. 

I guess I'll probably sell my 39,200 coins at some point - LOL - it looks like I can get about .17 BTC if I'm lucky or $39 US.

CoinFriend

Activity: 266

support.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:02:42 PM

Whats going on with this coin? I recognize few hashes on the network but get no confirmations on my transaction?
Need urgent my withdrawal processed !

(Cryptopia has it listed - but their days look numbered). 
How do you mean ?
CRYPTOPIA is very young and just at the beginning... my opinion!

- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz  - your one stop crypto shop  -
Exchange, Mineshaft, Marketplace and much more. Check it out Smiley
hdmediaservices

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:30:32 PM

If you mine the coin then your transaction will eventually go through. 

This coin is dead at the moment.  No movement of transactions, since no one is mining the coin.  Quite sad.

CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:52:53 PM

If you mine the coin then your transaction will eventually go through. 

This coin is dead at the moment.  No movement of transactions, since no one is mining the coin.  Quite sad.

Today I mined it for a hour with 85 MH/s, but nothing happened. I didn't found a single block.
The difficulty seems very high, is at 146.7557

hdmediaservices

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:03:40 AM

At this difficulty, this coin needs at least 400Mh/s mining it to keep the block-chain running smoothly.

CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:48:20 PM

At this difficulty, this coin needs at least 400Mh/s mining it to keep the block-chain running smoothly.

Yeah, but i didn't have 400 MH/s. And i didn't organize so many hashing power alone to process the transactions of everyone. The block reward seems a little low for me to execute this task.

A short look at the block explorer tells me there are waiting more as only me for confirmations.
http://altcoinguys.blockexperts.com/song
If some people would mine together, then we can finish the outstanding confirmations.

And also, what happend with the dev and the premine?
He also could sell a part of it to rent some hashes to finish the outstanding transactions.

Luckyacer3

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:14:25 PM

I agree someone needs to do something Been no movement at all. My 100mh won't do much to this need 3ghs at least.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:56:22 PM

The developer is Dynoman -- read the previous posts.  It is a very odd situation.

Pab
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:30:47 PM

I have solution to integrate song with new system

Now i see Dave is not on Twitter even,i think his medical problem is really serious

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: