Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 243294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitarri

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:16:25 PM

As I said before, the remainder of unsold BRO, should either be:

1. Offered through 4-5 day coin sale on BTER or BITTREX, (even without Bergstake)
OR
2. Destroyed and removed from the Max Supply of 19.5M

Especially without Bergstake if the coins are sold in such a way that the sale price would be less than any first-phase ICO price (less than 3000 BRO/BTC).

Even if you take into account all coins bought currently are at the value of 6600 (which they are clearly not) that gives investors around a max of 2 million coins , now cos everyone didn't buy at the 6600 rate it would be even less than 2 million at current, if they destroyed or kept the berg stake , it would give them more than a 50-60% hold on all earnings from berg stake if they are getting the 2.5 million berg with their 2.5 million coins

It is true that breakout was following directions from a majority of people in this thread, but the step down investment plan has left original investors worse off than what was originally put forward as an idea, of 10 million divided by investors according to the amount they invested.

Now after that there might even be a chance that the dev's will now own more than 50% of the future earning potential of the coin instead of around 20%. it might not go down too well with some of the investors

Agreed, destroying the unsold 8M is NOT an option since the Devs share of 2.5M will then account for more than 50% of Bergstake power.

Unless there's a way to distribute the Bergstake through a coin sale hosted by an exchange, the unsold 8M should be distributed to investors in the current ICO, according to the amount they invested.

After all, people still have another couple of days to invest and claim their Bergstake power.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:41:44 PM

1. Offered through 4-5 day coin sale on BTER or BITTREX, (even without Bergstake)
OR

Especially without Bergstake if the coins are sold in such a way that the sale price would be less than any first-phase ICO price (less than 3000 BRO/BTC).

Even if you take into account all coins bought currently are at the value of 6600 (which they are clearly not) that gives investors around a max of 2 million coins , now cos everyone didn't buy at the 6600 rate it would be even less than 2 million at current, if they destroyed or kept the berg stake , it would give them more than a 50-60% hold on all earnings from berg stake if they are getting the 2.5 million berg with their 2.5 million coins

It is true that breakout was following directions from a majority of people in this thread, but the step down investment plan has left original investors worse off than what was originally put forward as an idea, of 10 million divided by investors according to the amount they invested.

Now after that there might even be a chance that the dev's will now own more than 50% of the future earning potential of the coin instead of around 20%. it might not go down too well with some of the investors

Agreed, destroying the unsold 8M is NOT an option since the Devs share of 2.5M will then account for more than 50% of Bergstake power.

Unless there's a way to distribute the Bergstake through a coin sale hosted by an exchange, the unsold 8M should be distributed to investors in the current ICO, according to the amount they invested.

After all, people still have another couple of days to invest and claim their Bergstake power.

Announcing that the berg stake will be entirely shared among the investors in the IPO phase would increase value to holders and give added value to people even buying in now, getting 3000 coins and a share of the total bergstake like it was going to be like before would give people a better reason to buy in now
Ge

Activity: 229

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:55:50 PM

OR

+1

Human
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:00:48 AM

Yes, a plan should be in place to prevent the consolidation of stake into a 50+% holding.

One way is to award devs the coins but to sell the Bergstake in a separate public offering, allowing ICO investors to keep the Bergstake they have because they have already bought it. It's not a good idea to give the devs 50+% power over the blockchain, no matter how well intentioned they might be at this stage of the coin's life.

This is the main reason why Bergstake should not go to private buyers. If they have better knowledge of the gaming platform than public buyers, then they could get a better much better deal if risk is factored in. There would be a strong incentive to accumulate as much Bergstake as they could, simply for easy profits.

Right now risk is very high. If a platform becomes available between these public offerings and a private sale, then the risk plummets. You can put numbers to all this.

When I bought, I felt like the chance of these developers delivering a working platform was about 15%. That means, to break even, I have to feel like the ROI is going to be at least 667% given a working platform. That ROI includes the value of the Bergstake for several years. If I expect the value of the coins themselves to increase 4 times, then the Bergstake must be equal to 267% of my investment. Remember that is to break even given my risk estimation.

If the platform is working and provable, then the chance for break even just on the value of the coins is going to be 100%. That means a private seller can buy coins and stake and then sell just the coins at cost for an immediate 267% profit in Bergstake.

The BRO devs need to think about these issues carefully when deciding how to handle unsold genesis coins.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
blue_wave

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:03:02 AM

Barabbas,
I agree with you on that. I just wanted to point out that if you are starting the business and targeting investors with BTC, than you should listen to them, no matter how old they are etc.
And yes BRO team needs money no doubt here, but they wont fail because of lack from this ICO.

Anyway, i believe BRO team will make wise decision. As bitarri said destroying the unsold 8M is not good at all and would be much better to distribute amongst ICO investors. But looking at the long run its better they raise more BTC and more people gets involved in this. This is why ICO was started in the first place.
blue_wave

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:08:07 AM

Announcing that the berg stake will be entirely shared among the investors in the IPO phase would increase value to holders and give added value to people even buying in now, getting 3000 coins and a share of the total bergstake like it was going to be like before would give people a better reason to buy in now

Ha, good one!
jibble

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:31:28 AM

Ha, good one!

what i was suggesting is pretty much exactly what you wrote "As bitarri said destroying the unsold 8M is not good at all and would be much better to distribute amongst ICO investors. But looking at the long run its better they raise more BTC and more people gets involved in this. This is why ICO was started in the first place. "

distributing the funds to ico investors....................................
bitarri

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:22:47 AM

Ha, good one!

what i was suggesting is pretty much exactly what you wrote "As bitarri said destroying the unsold 8M is not good at all and would be much better to distribute amongst ICO investors. But looking at the long run its better they raise more BTC and more people gets involved in this. This is why ICO was started in the first place. "

As much as current investors would love to have 8M divided among them, I think to be fair to both current & potential investors on the sidelines, and to allow BRO Devs to raise more funds, the BRO team should first release some Breakout games (at least a Demo) to raise investor confidence, then once major PR has been done, they should host a new 5 Day coin sale to give people on the sidelines ONE LAST CHANCE to obtain BRO WITH Bergstake.

This is what I propose for the next phase, but they should change it as they see fit:

Day 1: 3000 BRO + bergstake per 1 btc
Day 2: 2500 BRO + bergstake per 1 btc
Day 3: 2000 BRO + bergstake per 1 btc
Day 4: 1500 BRO + bergstake per 1 btc
Day 5: 1000 BRO + bergstake per 1 btc

After this new 5 Day sale, all remaining BRO + Bergstake should be divided among ALL ICO investors according to the amounts they invested, this way the entire 10 million Genesis Breakout Coins + Bergstake goes to ICO investors, as originally intended in OP.

Then once Breakout games have been fully tested and released, unleash this monster coin on all major exchanges and watch this baby rise to Top 5 on Market Cap list.

jibble

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:46:29 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 02:00:20 AM by jibble

Ha, good one!

As much as current investors would love to have 8M divided among them, I think to be fair to both current & potential investors on the sidelines, and to allow BRO Devs to raise more funds, the BRO team should first release some Breakout games (at least a Demo) to raise investor confidence, then once major PR has been done, they should host a new 5 Day coin sale to give people on the sidelines ONE LAST CHANCE to obtain BRO WITH Bergstake.

This is what I propose for the next phase, but they should change it as they see fit:

After this new 5 Day sale, all remaining BRO + Bergstake should be divided among ALL ICO investors according to the amounts they invested, this way the entire 10 million Genesis Breakout Coins + Bergstake goes to ICO investors, as originally intended in OP.

Then once Breakout games have been fully tested and released, unleash this monster coin on all major exchanges and watch this baby rise to Top 5 on Market Cap list.

By current valuation , even if there was a demo of a working product at the maximum benefit of investors of 3000 coins per btc, you still have to sell over 2300 BTC to sell the berg stake/coin....in 1 days of IPO because after day 1 , there would need to be another 15 or so % being added on the total to sell out.

Not only that, you would essentially after changing the structure of the IPO previously before and now for a second time, saying This is the pricing system which in 1 day would need 2300btc + just the sell the rest of the bro coins , but after this stage everyone gets a share of the remaining coins. which is just endless complexity into what was an otherwise simple distribution method to begin with.  

Bu then again it was under my understanding we would of viewed and been able to test the beta by now, which would of brought in the influx of money .....which hasn't happened and i sort of agree there needs to be more money in the project than how much is now, but i thought we would of had something to test and play around with now like it was suggested at in the beginning.
bitarri

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:43:56 AM

Ha, good one!

By current valuation , even if there was a demo of a working product at the maximum benefit of investors of 3000 coins per btc, you still have to sell over 2300 BTC to sell the berg stake/coin....in 1 days of IPO because after day 1 , there would need to be another 15 or so % being added on the total to sell out.

Not only that, you would essentially after changing the structure of the IPO previously before and now for a second time, saying This is the pricing system which in 1 day would need 2300btc + just the sell the rest of the bro coins , but after this stage everyone gets a share of the remaining coins. which is just endless complexity into what was an otherwise simple distribution method to begin with.  

Bu then again it was under my understanding we would of viewed and been able to test the beta by now, which would of brought in the influx of money .....which hasn't happened and i sort of agree there needs to be more money in the project than how much is now, but i thought we would of had something to test and play around with now like it was suggested at in the beginning.

BRO Devs already stated that "Remaining coins will be sold at a later date to be announced by Breakout Coin on this forum":

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello Breakout Community.  The previous announcement post was for discussion of proposed ideas.  Breakout Coin Team will implement the following changes after listening to feedback from the community.
A.  Elimination of the PoW stage and the 7 million coins that would cause dilution of the market over a two yr period.
B.  Bergstake to begin from day one, allowing Bergstake owners ability to earn block rewards from day one.
C.  Increasing the pool of BRO coins in the "coin sale" from 5.5 million to 10 million.
D.  Approx 700 btc goal for initial phase
E.  If the total amount of btc raised falls short of the proposed 700 btc amount, we will raise the remaining amount through a "private" sale.
F.  Once the 700 btc criteria is met, the "coin sale" will end.
G. Remaining coins will be sold at a later date to be announced by Breakout Coin on this forum.

Since only 275 btc has been raised so far, I'm assume Devs wish to at least raise the remainder of the 700 btc, through that coin sale by enticing potential investors on the sidelines with Genesis Breakout Coins + Bergstake AND more importantly, demo releases of Breakout games to raise investor confidence.

As I said previously, all remaining BRO + Bergstake after this new phase sale,  should be divided among ALL investors of both phases, according to the amounts they invested, this way the entire 10 million Genesis Breakout Coins + Bergstake goes to investors in both ICO phases, as originally intended in OP.

qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:00:17 AM

Ha, good one!

BRO Devs already stated that "Remaining coins will be sold at a later date to be announced by Breakout Coin on this forum":

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello Breakout Community.  The previous announcement post was for discussion of proposed ideas.  Breakout Coin Team will implement the following changes after listening to feedback from the community.
A.  Elimination of the PoW stage and the 7 million coins that would cause dilution of the market over a two yr period.
B.  Bergstake to begin from day one, allowing Bergstake owners ability to earn block rewards from day one.
C.  Increasing the pool of BRO coins in the "coin sale" from 5.5 million to 10 million.
D.  Approx 700 btc goal for initial phase
E.  If the total amount of btc raised falls short of the proposed 700 btc amount, we will raise the remaining amount through a "private" sale.
F.  Once the 700 btc criteria is met, the "coin sale" will end.
G. Remaining coins will be sold at a later date to be announced by Breakout Coin on this forum.

Since only 275 btc has been raised so far, I'm assume Devs wish to at least raise the remainder of the 700 btc, through that coin sale by enticing potential investors on the sidelines with Genesis Breakout Coins + Bergstake AND more importantly, demo releases of Breakout games to raise investor confidence.

As I said previously, all remaining BRO + Bergstake after this new phase sale,  should be divided among ALL investors of both phases, according to the amounts they invested, this way the entire 10 million Genesis Breakout Coins + Bergstake goes to investors in both ICO phases, as originally intended in OP.

"private" sale, yeah right. Good thing they used the "
I'm feeling like they are keeping the coins for themselves.
jibble

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:05:41 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 03:17:51 AM by jibble

As I said previously, all remaining BRO + Bergstake after this new phase sale,  should be divided among ALL investors of both phases, according to the amounts they invested, this way the entire 10 million Genesis Breakout Coins + Bergstake goes to investors in both ICO phases, as originally intended in OP.

You are effectively showing me Plan B of a plan that was already changed and modified from an original plan A , saying that because someone has said it that it is defo happening especially since a week or so in it was completely changed , doesn't hold as much credit as you think it does

They wanted a min of 700 btc, they also said there would be a beta or at least a demo and previews of the platform not just poker screenshots. which clearly hasn't happened and which has put us in this situation in the first place, lack of interest or funding, plus the incredibly steep decline over such a short amount of time, while is a good tactic to force people to put money in quicker rather than later, it has already failed on 2 different plans put into place, what makes you think 3rd time is a charm?

What if they don't manage to make the 700btc in the next 5 days that you suggest? oh i know another 5 day IPO this time 1000 coin/berg for day 1 and 800 for day 2.....4th time has to work

you also forgot "E.  If the total amount of btc raised falls short of the proposed 700 btc amount, we will raise the remaining amount through a "private" sale."

that means not another public 5 day IPO sale

you are choosing 1 thing they said in a list of 7 because it fits your idea while ignoring other things they have mentioned that directly conflict with your idea.
1echo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:06:27 AM

BRO code was decent on how i met your mother Wink

tx42

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:36:13 AM

That's an absurd idea. If a demo is available, it reduces the risk monumentally.

Look at my math based on a risk of 0.15% success. That means the opening valuation should be 450 BRO per BTC if a prototype is available.

bitarri

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:59:43 AM

That's an absurd idea. If a demo is available, it reduces the risk monumentally.

Look at my math based on a risk of 0.15% success. That means the opening valuation should be 450 BRO per BTC if a prototype is available.

It's pretty obvious from the BreakoutGaming website that the games are in final stages of development; I won't be surprised if a prototype is announced any day now :

If you dig deeper, you can even spot some screenshots of BRO Desktop wallet:

tx42

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:18:43 AM

It's pretty obvious from the BreakoutGaming website that the games are in final stages of development; I won't be surprised if a prototype is announced any day now

I've already invested heavily in BRO, so this isn't meant to be fud, but when you calculate your risk, screenshots don't mean anything. Separate what is real from what you hope for so much that it seems real. Then, put numbers on reality and you have risk. Then base your investments on that risk and its comparison with an honest assessment of the potential gains if risk where 0 (100% chance of success).

bitarri

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:32:19 AM

It's pretty obvious from the BreakoutGaming website that the games are in final stages of development; I won't be surprised if a prototype is announced any day now

I've already invested heavily in BRO, so this isn't meant to be fud, but when you calculate your risk, screenshots don't mean anything. Separate what is real from what you hope for so much that it seems real. Then, put numbers on reality and you have risk. Then base your investments on that risk and its comparison with an honest assessment of the potential gains if risk where 0 (100% chance of success).

Anyone with novice Google-Fu skills can google the team behind BreakoutGaming. It's pretty obvious that they can easily build a whole lot more than just screenshots.

Google these:
http://fundraiser.breakoutgaming.com/the-team

You get these:
http://www.sodaandlime.com/#team
http://www.jollyscience.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaybny
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:45:08 PM

Jay's resume alone should warrant thousands of btc for this ICO. So many people missed an opportunity here.  If people did just a little bit of research they would have uncovered talent not seen in any other project on these forums.
LovSan

Activity: 644

(●´ω´●) Nil de nihilo fit

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:02:06 PM

Jay's resume alone should warrant thousands of btc for this ICO. So many people missed an opportunity here.  If people did just a little bit of research they would have uncovered talent not seen in any other project on these forums.

Yep, BreakoutCoin is the only coin that has known team of celebrities behind it. I think the only reason ICO collected so small amount, this is due to the fact that it were not hosted on known exchange.

❄❁❇❂❇❃❇❅❇❆❇❈❇❉❇❊❇❋❄♒❇♓❇♉❇♈❇♊❇♋❇♌❇♍❇♎❇♏❇♐❇♑❄❋❇❊❇❉❇❈❇❆❇❅❇❃❇❂❇❁❄
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:50:11 PM

Breakout Team:

I just purchased some more genesis BRO but sent two transactions to the same purchase address that your website issued me as it said on the page to make sure I was still on it if sending multiple transactions... but that page then automatically changed to the next one once the first transaction arrived so it looks like the second transaction I sent to the same purchase address was not forwarded to the breakout one after checking the BTC blockchain. I emailed your help desk just then with all the details to see if this can be fixed hopefully?

Ps: And I'm not so technically minded, doh, but I have several .json files from purchases now so would they all be importable to a singular desktop BRO wallet?

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: